Markets Plunge Again

lol This is actually surprising to you? :eusa_eh: It is all a game. A big, very big game. And the people are losing, only the fat cats will win in the end! :doubt:

lol This is actually surprising to you? :eusa_eh: It is all a game. A big, very big game. And the people are losing, only the fat cats will win in the end! :doubt:

Oh yeah? Warren Buffet bought $5 billion worth of prefered stock of Morgan Stanley when it was trading around $35/share.

MS down - 17.37% today to $18.30.

He's lost billions of dollars. I don't think he's very happy about that either.

Obama and his supporters are much happier now.

and I suppose the McCain supporters would be dancing a jig over a terrorist attack? these comments are just stupid.

I'm an Obama supporter and I'm not happy about the DOW crashing again so STFU and don't act like you can speak for the Obama supporters.

That's because the steps the government and Federal Reserve keep taking are only prolonging the problem and making it worse in the long run.

Keep printing money and running up the deficit, that'll solve everything... :doubt:

Oh yeah? Warren Buffet bought $5 billion worth of prefered stock of Morgan Stanley when it was trading around $35/share.

David .... I have been thinking about what you said about Buffett. He is "playing the game too". This game obviously is not for sissy's .... just the stupid sissy's that try to take advantage of it while the gettin is good. He lost this round .... he should not be surprised either. You would think that someone as smart as he is would never have invested that much into it? No? That is just plain fluckin nutz! :cuckoo:

Good thing you sold the other day, huh? :rolleyes:

and I suppose the McCain supporters would be dancing a jig over a terrorist attack? these comments are just stupid.
I'm an Obama supporter and I'm not happy about the DOW crashing again so STFU and don't act like you can speak for the Obama supporters.
Can anyone explain why the "Crap Sandwich" didn't work or isn't working? We were told that it would, by both parties.

Silence, we're going to have to have a little sit down, just the two of us, so you can relax.

I have candles. :D

I was thinking you didn't go postal, but I guess I was wrong. Did you know that Obama and Osama both have friends that bombed the Pentagon? I knew you did. :D

Can anyone explain why the "Crap Sandwich" didn't work or isn't working? We were told that it would, by both parties.

When you have a headache, do you take medicine? Does it work within 30 seconds?

This is a very sick patient and very weak medicine. It takes time. By this time next year, we should see it working.

This crap sandwich was meant to put a floor on the bottom. That, to me is around 6000. It would erase everything gained over the past 20 years. The market was over-inflated and it never burst properly thanks to low taxes. Now that taxes are going to be higher, the economy will rebound, but it will be much slower. Slow, sustainable growth... I try to use the same metaphor with my wife during "one of those times" but she doesn't buy it.... :(

I was thinking you didn't go postal, but I guess I was wrong. Did you know that Obama and Osama both have friends that bombed the Pentagon? I knew you did. :D

Do you know that McCain and Keating both have friends that have cost the tax payers trillions of dollars? Which do I care more about? Which do the majority of Americans care more about?

When you have a headache, do you take medicine? Does it work within 30 seconds?

This is a very sick patient and very weak medicine. It takes time. By this time next year, we should see it working.

This crap sandwich was meant to put a floor on the bottom. That, to me is around 6000. It would erase everything gained over the past 20 years. The market was over-inflated and it never burst properly thanks to low taxes. Now that taxes are going to be higher, the economy will rebound, but it will be much slower. Slow, sustainable growth... I try to use the same metaphor with my wife during "one of those times" but she doesn't buy it.... :(

Unfortunately, even if it does 'work' in a year or so, unless the economic method we use to do business with each other is changed, or at least tweaked, we or our kids will be back at this table, and probably back sooner than the span of time between 1933 and now.

-Joe

Last edited:
Do you know that McCain and Keating both have friends that have cost the tax payers trillions of dollars? Which do I care more about? Which do the majority of Americans care more about?

Most Americans don't know enough to care and those that do don't have the brains to know what to do about it.

Forum List

Back