Abolish the Federal Reserve

sealybobo

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2008
Michigan
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their money, first by inflation and then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them, will deprive the people of their property until their children will wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered."
- Thomas Jefferson

"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their money, first by inflation and then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them, will deprive the people of their property until their children will wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered."
- Thomas Jefferson

Obviously this has been proposed many times and the power-hungry politicians in Washington have shot it down. Since the recent bail-out package received wide support from both sides of the political aisle, I'd say it's safe to assume that this bill will never pass. The only way this bill would have any hope of passing is if more than 50% of voters chose a 3rd party candidate rather than people like McCain and Obama, but the country will probably be dead before that happens.

If anyone is interested, here's the latest bill:

H.R. 2755: Federal Reserve Board Abolition Act (GovTrack.us)

Obviously this has been proposed many times and the power-hungry politicians in Washington have shot it down. Since the recent bail-out package received wide support from both sides of the political aisle, I'd say it's safe to assume that this bill will never pass. The only way this bill would have any hope of passing is if more than 50% of voters chose a 3rd party candidate rather than people like McCain and Obama, but the country will probably be dead before that happens.

If anyone is interested, here's the latest bill:

H.R. 2755: Federal Reserve Board Abolition Act (GovTrack.us)

Ron Paul is the man!

It is too easy for the corrupt politicians that run their parties to discredit anyone who speaks out against the Federal Reserve.

Google Freedom to Fascism if you want to learn more about how the Federal Reserve is unconstitutional and how they illegally got started in 1913, by the three most corrupt business men in America, Carnege, Rockafellor and JP Morgan,

It was voted on in Congress during an xmas break, when there weren't enough Senators present, and/or the states never ratified/approved it.

And wherever it says we pay income tax says VOLUNTARY.

And you'll learn how many people challange the income tax and jury's actually find them not guilty after all the facts are laid out.

And how the US Supreme Court ruled income tax unconstitutional in the 1800's and never changed their position on that yet the lower courts go against what they ruled.

I can't explain it all. Get your hands on the dvd or at least utube Freedom to Fascism and do a little homework. Or go to Ron Paul's website. He doesn't say it as bluntly as the dvd does, but he does say it in a more subtle way.

We should not be paying tax on our income/wages/labor. The founding fathers said so.

Thomas Jefferson and Andrew Jackson both knew the problems that central banks caused, and it's a shame that our more modern administrations have not had the sense or courage to stand up to the Fed.

Thomas Jefferson and Andrew Jackson both knew the problems that central banks caused, and it's a shame that our more modern administrations have not had the sense or courage to stand up to the Fed.
No Americam politician can afford to stand up to the Jewish lobby. If they did it would be political suicide.

The Federal Reserve is controlled by the Jews of the Z.O.G.

The last President who had decided to break up the Fed was Kennedy.

That was a couple of months before his assination.

Taking on the Fed was the real reason he was eliminated

Our more modern admins were carefully sifted to be sure there weren't going to be any "mavericks" who might be willing to step out of line.

Back in the day you had a shot, but now, you're automatically screwed with whoever the two main candidates are.

I'll never vote for anyone who doesn't challenge the Fed.

- Thomas Jefferson

Not bad, but my favorite anti-bank quote of all time comes from Andrew Jackson:

"Gentlemen, I have had men watching you for a long time, and I am convinced that you have used the funds of the bank to speculate in the breadstuffs of the country. When you won, you divided the profits amongst you, and when you lost, you charged it to the bank. You tell me that if I take the deposits from the bank and annul its charter, I shall ruin ten thousand families. That may be true, gentlemen, but that is your sin! Should I let you go on, you will ruin fifty thousand families, and that would be my sin! You are a den of vipers and thieves. I intend to rout you out, and by the eternal God, I will rout you out."

No Americam politician can afford to stand up to the Jewish lobby. If they did it would be political suicide.

The Federal Reserve is controlled by the Jews of the Z.O.G.

The legislation for the federal reserve was written in secret on Jekyll Island, Georgia by agents of Rockefeller, Warburg, J.P. Morgan, and the Rothschilds. I suppose you could call it a baptist conspiracy then because only the Rothschilds are jewish. At the same time, the loudest opponents of the fed are the Austrian-school economists, many of which (Ludwig Von Mises, my avatar Murray Rothbard) were jews. Ron Paul has been dedicated to austrian economics since the 70's, incidentally.

Last edited:

Our more modern admins were carefully sifted to be sure there weren't going to be any "mavericks" who might be willing to step out of line.

Back in the day you had a shot, but now, you're automatically screwed with whoever the two main candidates are.

Obama has floated the idea that he might Nationalize the Banks. Chris Dodd too. Did you ever hear a Republican besides Ron Paul say it? No way. They will never sell out the bankers. The Democrats might. But not until more people wake up.

I found this:

Are you aware that the U.S. Constitution states that only Congress has the authority to create money; this money must be backed by gold and silver; and "bills of credit," also known as Federal Reserve Notes, are illegal under Article I?

Are you aware that our government is violating all of these stipulations at this time? The Federal Reserve System is a quasi-private, government-sanctioned banking cartel that issues "bills of credit" on behalf of Congress. This banking system, in violation of the U.S. Constitution, creates endless amounts of paper currency out of thin air and then lends it to the government creating the national debt. Behind-the-scenes planners of the Federal Reserve System knew from day-one that they would have to lobby to instate an income tax to ensure interest payments on the national debt, thus the Fed and the Income Tax were both created in the same year, 1913.

Most citizens aren't aware that every dollar that comes into existence does so as a dollar of debt because the entire money supply of the United States is no longer backed by gold or silver, but DEBT. Is it any wonder we are now in a "credit crises"? We now live in a nation so overwhelmed by public and private debt, it will be impossible to pay it all off.

Due to the mathematics of principle and interest creation under "fractional reserve banking" as codified and practiced by the Federal

Obama has floated the idea that he might Nationalize the Banks. Chris Dodd too. Did you ever hear a Republican besides Ron Paul say it? No way. They will never sell out the bankers. The Democrats might. But not until more people wake up.

I found this:

Are you aware that the U.S. Constitution states that only Congress has the authority to create money; this money must be backed by gold and silver; and "bills of credit," also known as Federal Reserve Notes, are illegal under Article I?

Are you aware that our government is violating all of these stipulations at this time? The Federal Reserve System is a quasi-private, government-sanctioned banking cartel that issues "bills of credit" on behalf of Congress. This banking system, in violation of the U.S. Constitution, creates endless amounts of paper currency out of thin air and then lends it to the government creating the national debt. Behind-the-scenes planners of the Federal Reserve System knew from day-one that they would have to lobby to instate an income tax to ensure interest payments on the national debt, thus the Fed and the Income Tax were both created in the same year, 1913.

Most citizens aren't aware that every dollar that comes into existence does so as a dollar of debt because the entire money supply of the United States is no longer backed by gold or silver, but DEBT. Is it any wonder we are now in a "credit crises"? We now live in a nation so overwhelmed by public and private debt, it will be impossible to pay it all off.

Due to the mathematics of principle and interest creation under "fractional reserve banking" as codified and practiced by the Federal

They're not talking about nationalizing the banks in the same way that you think Ron Paul wants to "nationalize" the Fed, sealy. For one, they're not talking about the Federal Reserve at all. They'll leave the Fed exactly as it is and allow it to continue it's policies. They're talking about having the government take over private banks, which is unconstitutional and would be bad for the economy.

I found this:

They're not talking about nationalizing the banks in the same way that you think Ron Paul wants to "nationalize" the Fed, sealy. For one, they're not talking about the Federal Reserve at all. They'll leave the Fed exactly as it is and allow it to continue it's policies. They're talking about having the government take over private banks, which is unconstitutional and would be bad for the economy.

And I disagree with them doing that. Actually, I don't care if they do that either, because then the government would get a ROI, but my goal is to get the Federal Reserve Nationalized, not the banks. Because the Federal Reserve owns/runs the banks.

Look at what Thom Hartmann is saying. It is EXACTLY what Ron Paul is saying.

Due to the mathematics of principle and interest creation under "fractional reserve banking" as codified and practiced by the Federal Reserve System, the U.S. monetary system is the largest ponzi scheme in history, now well over $100 trillion dollars . . . and growing. Why else is "globalization" necessary, than to bring in fresh money?!

Watch this award-winning film to find out why some feel the Federal Reserve's practices of facilitating fiat money are a violation of the U.S. Constitution and others feel it's simply "a bunch of organized crooks." Find out what fiat money and fractional reserve banking are and why the mainstream media has strict orders to NEVER discuss the mechanics of the banking system -- unless they are prepared to lose their special privileges.

In FIAT EMPIRE you will discover why experts agree the Fed is a banking cartel that benefits mainly Wall Street bankers and their corporate clients as well as a Congress that would rather increase the national debt than raise taxes. Find out how the media facilitates the partnership between the Fed and Congress and why it fails to fully disclose what's going on. Lastly, find out how the Federal Reserve Member Banks are owned and controlled by an elite group of insiders that use debt-based, fractional reserve money to fund their fascist agenda by moving the United States further from its founding principles towards endless bailouts, bankruptcy, cultural Marxism and world government.

I found this:

And I disagree with them doing that. Actually, I don't care if they do that either, because then the government would get a ROI, but my goal is to get the Federal Reserve Nationalized, not the banks. Because the Federal Reserve owns/runs the banks.

Due to the mathematics of principle and interest creation under "fractional reserve banking" as codified and practiced by the Federal Reserve System, the U.S. monetary system is the largest ponzi scheme in history, now well over $100 trillion dollars . . . and growing. Why else is "globalization" necessary, than to bring in fresh money?!

Watch this award-winning film to find out why some feel the Federal Reserve's practices of facilitating fiat money are a violation of the U.S. Constitution and others feel it's simply "a bunch of organized crooks." Find out what fiat money and fractional reserve banking are and why the mainstream media has strict orders to NEVER discuss the mechanics of the banking system -- unless they are prepared to lose their special privileges.

In FIAT EMPIRE you will discover why experts agree the Fed is a banking cartel that benefits mainly Wall Street bankers and their corporate clients as well as a Congress that would rather increase the national debt than raise taxes. Find out how the media facilitates the partnership between the Fed and Congress and why it fails to fully disclose what's going on. Lastly, find out how the Federal Reserve Member Banks are owned and controlled by an elite group of insiders that use debt-based, fractional reserve money to fund their fascist agenda by moving the United States further from its founding principles towards endless bailouts, bankruptcy, cultural Marxism and world government.

Yes, I'm aware that the Federal Reserve and fiat currency are unconstitutional. But Obama and Dodd have no intention to do anything about it.

Yes, I'm aware that the Federal Reserve and fiat currency are unconstitutional. But Obama and Dodd have no intention to do anything about it.

They seem a lot more open to doing something about this problem than the GOP are.

Thom Hartmann is a liberal. Conservatives paint him as a far left exteme liberal. Try listening to him. He has facts and knows his history/politics.

What you just read came from him. And it is exactly what Ron Paul is saying.

He said today, "a couple people in the far right and far left of both parties seem aware of this problem but we can't seem to get the majority of Americans to even be aware of this"

He has even had Ron Paul on as a guest, so don't pretend their opinions are different. They agree 100% on this.

But the mainstream media won't touch this topic.

The last time I heard the mainstream media discuss this was when Ron Paul won the debates. He went on Glenn Beck when he was still on CNN and Glenn Beck rolled his eyes everytime Dr. Paul spoke the truth.

I wanted to punch Beck in the face.

That's all well and good, but neither Obama nor Dodd has stated they have any intention to abolish the Federal Reserve.

obama has never said he would abolish the federal reserve and neither has dodd. ron paul imo is not a typical republican. he was on dl hughley's show on cnn saturday and dl said ron paul was a common sense kind of politician.

Last edited:
That's all well and good, but neither Obama nor Dodd has stated they have any intention to abolish the Federal Reserve.

Agreed. Only Ron Paul and Dennis Kucinich are speaking up. And both parties have treated them like red headed stepchildren.

Washington D.C. (January 26, 2009) – Congressman Kucinich (D-OH) today made the following statement addressing news reports that President Obama and advisors are considering nationalizing parts of the U.S. banking system. In the statement, Kucinich urges Congress not to nationalize banks, but to place the Federal Reserve under the Treasury Department.

“At a time when millions of Americans are losing jobs, homes, and pensions, our government is prepared to give another trillion to the banks. We are ready to compound the moral hazard by nationalizing banks, which are allegedly profit-making entities.

“This is anti-democratic. Instead of nationalizing banks, we should nationalize the money system by placing the Federal Reserve under the U.S. Treasury, end the fractional reserve system and stop banks from lending credit into circulation. Then instead of borrowing money from the banks and creating debt, government can spend the money into circulation to rebuild and restore America with money for jobs housing, healthcare and education I will soon be introducing legislation to accomplish this.

“Banking is not a proper function of the government, but oversight is. The Treasury Department should not be outsourcing to the Fed its oversight responsibilities. The Fed, which failed miserably to oversee the banks, should be put under Treasury instead.

“Its time for the government to operate in the public interest, not in the interest of private banks. Its time to stop bailing out banks and begin building up America.”

Congressman Dennis Kucinich

Kevin, the Supreme Court has never held the federal reserve to be unconstitutional. So whatever your opinion on that issue, it isn't bourne out by the Court.

The Supreme Court and I seem to be at odds quite a bit. However, the Constitution does not authorize a central bank and it states that only gold and silver may be legal tender. Therefore, a central bank and fiat currency are both unconstitutional.

Kevin, the Supreme Court has never held the federal reserve to be unconstitutional. So whatever your opinion on that issue, it isn't bourne out by the Court.

Yes they did Jillian. Just because you are unaware of these facts, does not make them untrue.

There only seem to be two politicians with the balls to speak out. Kucenich and Ron Paul.

From memory, here is how I remember it. The rich bankers have been trying to take over the country since the War of Independence. In the 1800's, the Supreme Court said it was unconstitutional. They never changed their position. That means if this is true, they are in on it too, because people have been petitioning the constitutionality of the IRS & Federal Reserve, and their petitions go unanswered.

You must get your hands on Freedom to Fascism, because it will answer all your questions.

And it'll tell you where to go search for yourself. You can not find the law that says you MUST pay an income tax.

You might be able to look in the Internal Revenue Code, but that isn't the law.

And the explanations go on and on. Not enough Congressmen were in congress when they passed this, and it wasn't ratified by all the states, etc.

If you haven't seen Freedom to Fascism by Aaron Russo, it is a must see.

Forum List

Back