Many Republicans Want an Unconstrained President

At least these folks are fine admitting they'd want Trump as dictator.

I wonder how many of these people are USMB Trumpsters.

Troll questions and they andwered them. If he was a dictator how was charged with Impeachment twice Moonbat.

If he was a dictator he would have just built the wall and told the courts who stopped it over and over again to FO.

Oh well. Continue your TDS Clown show.

Nearly half of Republicans polled want a quasi-elected dictator or monarch, according to a recent poll. They feel a president should be able to operate with little interference from the courts or Congress, or in other words, the very checks and balances that keep us from being a dictatorship. 47% of Republicans who agreed with the minimal checks and balances statement are also supporting Trump for president. They would feel very differently, of course, were it Obama or Biden.

This is who MAGA is.

They don't realize our republic form of democracy is what has keep US free from tyrants and despite all these years.

Not all democratic forms of government are direct democracies. Look up the meaning.

Trump’s thirst for autocratic power is achievable only by trashing the Constitution. Biden has many flaws, but authoritarian rule is not one of them. I suspect that is tbe usual MAGA projection at play.

Trump displayed his complete disregard for the rule of law in his first term. There is no reason to think any of that has changed. Given the MAGA support of this, their lack of condemnation for his assault on ordinary citizens (Ruby Bridges) and their salivating desire for “revenge” as called for by their leader Trump for PERSONAL grievances…it’s easy to see comparisons to Mussolini. Hell, Trump even has his own Brown Shirts (Proud Boys etc) not to mention a mob ready to threaten whomever he targets.

There is a reason why Trump admires Kim, Bolsenaro, Putin, Xi (other than the fact his business got 5.5 million from China), and it isn’t their adherence to democratic principles.

This is MAGAmerica.
Have you payed attention to the overreach by Biden's DOJ!

No. Tbe other side is not without it’s problems…but this one, it is unique, dangerously annti-democratic and it is MAGA.
You have it exactly backwards.

It's not that many of Trump's supporters aren't repulsive of course, but the ENTIRE witch hunt against him is a result of his knowing what the DeepSwamp is.

And now he REALLY knows what the DeepSwamp is.

In one way or another, he's going to be JFKed.

Schumer called it.

Or rather, called for it.

:lol:
One of these days you will not post a lie.
Today is not that day.
:lol:
The authoritarian right advocates for an unchecked president because an all-powerful executive can rule via fiat – no need for tedious consensus and compromise as in the legislative branch, consistent with conservatives’ contempt for democracy and the rule of law.

Up until now I had thought you were basically normal if a little misguided.

I guess I was wrong.
Reality bites doesn't it?

But dismissing the speaker of truth as less than is a pretty common tactic.

Maybe someday you'll have the courage to face the world as it is, but it's a tough road.

I remain appreciative of our shared/enlightened positions on other issues, however, and do want to acknowledge how difficult choosing to live in the desert of the real is.

And who is using govt agencies to attack the politicians against you
No one.

Criminals like Trump are being lawfully and constitutionally prosecuted the consequence of the objective, documented evidence of their crimes.

Prosecuting criminals like Trump is not ‘election interference’ – that’s a ridiculous lie.

The authoritarian right advocates for an unchecked president because an all-powerful executive can rule via fiat – no need for tedious consensus and compromise as in the legislative branch, consistent with conservatives’ contempt for democracy and the rule of law.
Irrelevant even if true.

The People, liberals, conservatives - none of them are running the show.

To coin a new phrase, they're not doing it to Trump - they're doing it to Trump AND you.

No one.

Criminals like Trump are being lawfully and constitutionally prosecuted the consequence of the objective, documented evidence of their crimes.

Prosecuting criminals like Trump is not ‘election interference’ – that’s a ridiculous lie.
The witch must be burned, but according to the law. :dev3:

Nearly half of Republicans polled want a quasi-elected dictator or monarch, according to a recent poll. They feel a president should be able to operate with little interference from the courts or Congress, or in other words, the very checks and balances that keep us from being a dictatorship. 47% of Republicans who agreed with the minimal checks and balances statement are also supporting Trump for president. They would feel very differently, of course, were it Obama or Biden.

This is who MAGA is.

White nationalists, zionists, xians who feel they are compelled to violate their beliefs with blue laws and health insurance, fishermen who don't want regulations limiting overfishing ...... and essentially everyone else who wants to get rid of ..... economic costs of living in a democratic republic

Reality bites doesn't it?

But dismissing the speaker of truth as less than is a pretty common tactic.

Maybe someday you'll have the courage to face the world as it is, but it's a tough road.

I remain appreciative of our shared/enlightened positions on other issues, however, and do want to acknowledge how difficult choosing to live in the desert of the real is.

If you're going to sit here and insist Abe Lincoln was a fascist I'm afraid you've just demoted yourself to the status of whack-job.

Have a nice day.

If you're going to sit here and insist Abe Lincoln was a fascist I'm afraid you've just demoted yourself to the status of whack-job.

Have a nice day.
I don't really see the reason to cannonize Trump as "speaker of truth", esp when his graft is on a whole other scale that any potus since WWII. But isn't it obvious that Trump at least says he'll deliver the pork for voters who feel stiffed by both the dems and Bushes/Romney.

Forum List

Back