Man Killed By His Own Dogs -- How Could This Happen?

There's no evidence that the guy abused the dogs, neglected, them, etc. How could a troupe of domesticated dogs do this?

Lorain County man mauled to death by stray dogs family had rescued | cleveland.com

Because they are dogs?! Domesticated dogs, of every kind, can become a pack. My uncle raised cattle in the mid-west, about 50 miles south of a very large city, where people would dump their dogs in the countryside. The dogs would form packs and would kill the cattle, so at least once a year we would have to hunt them. You name it, I saw every kind breed of dog in those packs. Believe it or not, the worst were the full sized poodles. I was shocked until I found out later that they are actually hunting animals in Europe. Dogs are smart and have very human-like behaviour but they are animals, nonetheless.

That is a truly horrible story. I think people who dump animals should be subject to arrest for abuse.

There's no evidence that the guy abused the dogs, neglected, them, etc. How could a troupe of domesticated dogs do this?

Lorain County man mauled to death by stray dogs family had rescued | cleveland.com

Because they are dogs?! Domesticated dogs, of every kind, can become a pack. My uncle raised cattle in the mid-west, about 50 miles south of a very large city, where people would dump their dogs in the countryside. The dogs would form packs and would kill the cattle, so at least once a year we would have to hunt them. You name it, I saw every kind breed of dog in those packs. Believe it or not, the worst were the full sized poodles. I was shocked until I found out later that they are actually hunting animals in Europe. Dogs are smart and have very human-like behaviour but they are animals, nonetheless.

That is a truly horrible story. I think people who dump animals should be subject to arrest for abuse.

Now there is NOWAY that a society that allows a 16 y/o to go sailing into a dangerous sea by herself should be arresting people who choose to let dogs live on their own.

Best dog breed EVER
I bred Harlequins for years. Great dogs but too short lived.
My Kennel was Kickshaw. I have offspring in Italy, Germany and Australia.

I switched to American Bulldogs.For you Murkinz that's not Murkin Staffordshire Terrier or Murkin Pit Bull. That garbage has terrier blood/mental illness.

Best dog breed EVER
I bred Harlequins for years. Great dogs but too short lived.
My Kennel was Kickshaw. I have offspring in Italy, Germany and Australia.

I switched to American Bulldogs.For you Murkinz that's not Murkin Staffordshire Terrier or Murkin Pit Bull. That garbage has terrier blood/mental illness.

American Bulldogs are considered pit bulls.

I had a river property in Echo, Oregon. It's along the Umatilla River. People who should have known better would let their dogs run, and those dogs were a terror. There was a shepherd mix, a little terrier, a black dog and a couple more - I saw different dogs at different times. We had horses and a couple of cows - and a sheep, come to think of it. Those dogs surrounded my mom once and after that it was war as far as I was concerned.

I came upon them in a circle around our mama cow and her calf; the cows were pushed back against the fence and the dogs were in a semi-circle around her, taking turns at darting in and biting at the calf. They heard my 30-30 click when I cocked it and first the black dog then the rest were gone, that fast.

I shot at one out behind our house in a couple acre open pasture; it was an aussie chasing all of my horses, including a couple of colts, in a big circle.

The neighbors who owned the big dogs said their dogs would never hurt anyone or anything, they just liked to play. The shepherd mix killed a bunch of sheep about 100 yards from my house and the other one bit a little girl in the face as she walked by their house on the way home from school. Both dogs were destroyed.

Last edited:

Because no matter how badly dog lovers want to convince everyone otherwise, dogs are animals and not people at heart and are not hung up on the morays of life and death?

I mean, I love dogs, but I find people who are convinced that dogs are just little furry humans to be absurd.

Last edited:

I had a river property in Echo, Oregon. It's along the Umatilla River. People who should have known better would let their dogs run, and those dogs were a terror. There was a shepherd mix, a little terrier, a black dog and a couple more - I saw different dogs at different times. We had horses and a couple of cows - and a sheep, come to think of it. Those dogs surrounded my mom once and after that it was war as far as I was concerned.

I came upon them in a circle around our mama cow and her calf; the cows were pushed back against the fence and the dogs were in a semi-circle around her, taking turns at darting in and biting at the calf. They heard my 30-30 click when I cocked it and first the black dog then the rest were gone, that fast.

I shot at one out behind our house in a couple acre open pasture; it was an aussie chasing all of my horses, including a couple of colts, in a big circle.

The neighbors who owned the big dogs said their dogs would never hurt anyone or anything, they just liked to play. The shepherd mix killed a bunch of sheep about 100 yards from my house and the other one bit a little girl in the face as she walked by their house on the way home from school. Both dogs were destroyed.

Any dog running livestock was an instant death warrant on our farm as well.

Coming from an ag community, that's just the way it was.

Only an idiot would think a PB poses a greater risk to a 14yo than a GD.

I've read a lot of truly retarded posts since I've been here, and this one ranks right up there with the most retarded ever.

:rofl:

Not as retarded as the panty waists who hide under their beds for fear the pitbull bogeyman will get them

I'm glad to see you finally got over your irrational fear. But irrational denial is hardly any better.

I've read a lot of truly retarded posts since I've been here, and this one ranks right up there with the most retarded ever.

Not as retarded as the panty waists who hide under their beds for fear the pitbull bogeyman will get them

I'm glad to see you finally got over your irrational fear. But irrational denial is hardly any better.

The old "I'm rubber, you're glue" strategery

You must be proud :lol:

Not even Sangha is stupid enough to believe Great Danes are as dangerous as PItt Bulls, but since I mentioned having Danes he had to attack.

On second thought, maybe he IS that stupid, I mean he did describe a news account of a pitt bull attack as being an anecdote.

Not even Sangha is stupid enough to believe Great Danes are as dangerous as PItt Bulls, but since I mentioned having Danes he had to attack.

On second thought, maybe he IS that stupid, I mean he did describe a news account of a pitt bull attack as being an anecdote.

The idiot thinks a newspaper report is a "statistic" and he doesn't realize Great Danes are considered an aggressive breed of dog. Great Danes are responsible for almost as many fatal attacks as Chows and Dobies, both of which are considered aggressive breeds

PS - This idiot is so obessed with me that he had to put me on ignore.......

AND HE STILL REPONDS TO MY POSTS!!! :rofl:

Suggesting that great danes pose the same risk as pit bulls is certified, grade A retarded.

Well you are talking about the same level of intelligence that supports the idea that playing baseball poses the same risk as sailing solo around the world.:lol:

Some people are just stupid.

A pack of dogs, no matter the breed, will get confused and excited and attack.

Even a pack of two.

A pack of dogs, no matter the breed, will get confused and excited and attack.

Even a pack of two.

True to a point.
Except they aren't attacking out of confusion.

I have to share about my son's pitbull. I'm leery of pits, because they are what they are. I don't want them outlawed, I don't fun in terror when I see one. But they're TERRIERS and they're big. Terriers are killing machines.

We had Snoop da Poop here this weekend, and my son tied him in the front yard so he could reach the front gate and sit on the porch. We had a steady stream of kids in and out for two days, and not one hesitated to come in right past him to the door. I mean, a strange dog, tied at the front door, he weighs as much or more than most of the kids, he looks scary...and not one kid thought twice about coming in the gate.

I don't even know what to think about that. No wonder kids get killed regularly! It's a miracle any of them ever make it to adulthood!

Snoop was great, though. He doesn't even get the cable wrapped around anyone or act goofy when you're within reach like a lot of dogs do when they're tied.

Forum List

Back