Man Killed By His Own Dogs -- How Could This Happen?

Suggesting that great danes pose the same risk as pit bulls is certified, grade A retarded.

And thinking someone said that is retarded

Learn to read

You said it. Perhaps not verbatim, but you certainly said as much.

Learn to say what you mean. :thup:

Liar

I challenge you to find where I said that GD pose the same risk as PB's. If you find it, I will leave USMB. If you don't, you leave

And thinking someone said that is retarded

Learn to read

Liar

I challenge you to find where I said that GD pose the same risk as PB's. If you find it, I will leave USMB. If you don't, you leave

:lol:

Not worth it. I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree about what you said and what you meant.

But at least after this unfortunate misunderstanding, we can both agree that pit bulls pose a greater risk than great danes. Right?

Liar

:lol:

Not worth it. I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree about what you said and what you meant.

Coward

While you are entitled to your own opinion, you're not entitled to your own facts. Either I said it, or I didn't. Since you're backing down from your claim, it's obvious that I never said. You just lack the testicles to stand up for yourself.

But at least after this unfortunate misunderstanding, we can both agree that pit bulls pose a greater risk than great danes. Right?

Depends. Greater risk to who?

Because they are dogs?! Domesticated dogs, of every kind, can become a pack. My uncle raised cattle in the mid-west, about 50 miles south of a very large city, where people would dump their dogs in the countryside. The dogs would form packs and would kill the cattle, so at least once a year we would have to hunt them. You name it, I saw every kind breed of dog in those packs. Believe it or not, the worst were the full sized poodles. I was shocked until I found out later that they are actually hunting animals in Europe. Dogs are smart and have very human-like behaviour but they are animals, nonetheless.

I had a river property in Echo, Oregon. It's along the Umatilla River. People who should have known better would let their dogs run, and those dogs were a terror. There was a shepherd mix, a little terrier, a black dog and a couple more - I saw different dogs at different times. We had horses and a couple of cows - and a sheep, come to think of it. Those dogs surrounded my mom once and after that it was war as far as I was concerned.

I came upon them in a circle around our mama cow and her calf; the cows were pushed back against the fence and the dogs were in a semi-circle around her, taking turns at darting in and biting at the calf. They heard my 30-30 click when I cocked it and first the black dog then the rest were gone, that fast.

I shot at one out behind our house in a couple acre open pasture; it was an aussie chasing all of my horses, including a couple of colts, in a big circle.

The neighbors who owned the big dogs said their dogs would never hurt anyone or anything, they just liked to play. The shepherd mix killed a bunch of sheep about 100 yards from my house and the other one bit a little girl in the face as she walked by their house on the way home from school. Both dogs were destroyed.

Any dog running livestock was an instant death warrant on our farm as well.

Coming from an ag community, that's just the way it was.

Same here, we had cattle growing up and if a dog took after one it was gone, regardless.

Only if you can shoot it!
These dogs were used to being shot at and were very cagey.
Also very aggressive.
I finally told the neighbors, who owned the worst of them, that I was setting traps around my property perimeter, and when I trapped them, I was hanging them on their fence, dead or alive.

How can the risk of a group of dogs depend upon the dogs or the people?

That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard.

Pit bulls are statistically more deadly than any other dog. Period.

Your ignorance is not an argument. It is a fact, but it is not an argument.

Pit bulls are statistically more deadly than any other dog. Period

Prove it

(I'm taking bets this idiot will cite the debunked Clifton report, or else some website that cites the Clifton report)

He's beyond retarded.

First he denies saying what he said.

And then he goes right on saying it.

That's some funny ass fail if I ever did see some. :rofl:

He's beyond retarded.

if Sangha didn't have fail, Sangha wouldn't have anything.

He's beyond retarded.

ANd yet, when I ask you for proof, you scurry away like a little mouse

Your ignorance is not an argument. It is a fact, but it is not an argument.

Pit bulls are statistically more deadly than any other dog. Period

Prove it

(I'm taking bets this idiot will cite the debunked Clifton report, or else some website that cites the Clifton report)

2009 Dog Bite Fatalities

32 U.S. fatal dog attacks occurred in 2009. Despite being regulated in Military Housing areas and over 500 U.S. cities, pit bulls led these attacks accounting for 44% (14). Pit bulls make up approximately 5% of the U.S. dog population.3
In 2009, the combination of pit bulls (14) and rottweilers (4) accounted for 56% of all fatal attacks. In the 5-year period from 2005 to 2009, this same combination accounted for 70% (103) of the total recorded deaths (148).
The combination breakdown between the two breeds is substantial. From 2005 to 2009, pit bulls killed 82 Americans, about one citizen every 22 days, versus rottweilers, which killed 21 Americans, about one citizen every 87 days.
2009 data shows that 63% (20) of the attacks occurred to children (11 years and under) and 38% occurred to adults. Of the children, 60% (12) occurred to ages 2 and younger. In all attacks, males were more often victims, 59%, than females.
2009 data also shows that 38% (12) of all fatal attacks involved multiple dogs, and 19% (6) involved chained dogs. 75% (24) of these deadly attacks occurred on the dog owner's property and 25% (8) occurred off the owner's property.
The state of Texas led fatalities in 2009 (5) followed by Georgia and Illinois (each with 4) and California and Virginia (each with 3). Of the Texas deaths, the combination of pit bulls and rottweilers (4) accounted for 80%.

DogsBite Blog: 2009 U.S. Dog Bite Fatality Statistics - DogsBite.org - DogsBite.org

According to the Center for Disease Control, the top 10 most dangerous dogs are:

1. Pit Bulls
2. Rottweilers
3. German Shepherds
4. Huskies
5. Alaskan Malamutes
6. Doberman Pinschers
7. Chow Chows
8. Great Danes
9. St. Bernards
10. Akitas
Dangerous Dogs - List of the Most Dangerous Dog breeds.

He's beyond retarded.

You don't even comprehend your own posted words. Clearly only a fool would place any stock in your editorial regarding the words of others.

Keep on fail'n chump. :thup:

He's beyond retarded.

You don't even comprehend your own posted words. Clearly only a fool would place any stock in your editorial regarding the words of others.

My posted words?

Then why can't you quote them, you ninny

He's beyond retarded.

Hey Manifold, here's all y ou need to know about Sangha's stupidity.

When I posted a link to an article in this thread to support my claim about Pitt Bull's attacking the moron laughed about me posting it and called the link an anecdote. Then he turned right around and posted a link to an article about a bad cop to support his belief that all cops are bad in another thread :lol::lol:

He's a stupid piece of shit who has no ability to debate........

My posted words?

Then why can't you quote them, you ninny

You didn't even understand what you were posting when you posted it. So I'd have to be pretty silly to think me quoting it for you would somehow remedy your mental retardation.

But I'll tell you what I will do for you. If you go ahead and quote all of your posts in this thread where you mentioned both pit bulls and great danes in the same sentence, I'll point out the one where you posted what I said you posted. Unless of course you're too much of a coward and would rather just scurry off like a frightened little mouse. :lol:

When I posted a link to an article in this thread to support my claim about Pitt Bull's attacking the moron laughed about me posting it and called the link an anecdote. Then he turned right around and posted a link to an article about a bad cop to support his belief that all cops are bad in another thread :lol::lol:

And the cowardly conjob, who won't dare take me on face to face, has to once again lie about what I've said, so I'll offer him the same challenge (which he will respond by running away like manifold did)

Find and quote the post where I all cops are bad. If you find it, I will leave USMB. If you don't, you leave USMB

Put up or shut up

Or prove what a coward you are :lol:

And the cowardly conjob, who won't dare take me on face to face, has to once again lie about what I've said, so I'll offer him the same challenge (which he will respond by running away like manifold did)

Find and quote the post where I all cops are bad. If you find it, I will leave USMB. If you don't, you leave USMB

Put up or shut up

Or prove what a coward you are :lol:

No because you did leave open the possiblity that perhaps 5% of cops were good cops. :lol:

Forum List

Back