Man Killed By His Own Dogs -- How Could This Happen?

It implies nothing of the sort.

You have eyes, I suppose. Are you able to determine the breeding of every dog you see?

It most certainly does imply they have some idea. But then again comprehension isn't your thing.

And I wouldn't say I can "determine" the breeding of "every" dog I see, but I can certainly put forth an educated guess and be right most of the time.
I doubt it.

You probably think you can look at human beings and read their DNA too

Concerning dogs, you have shown yourself to have very little education and lots of superstition.

Good lord, you're such an idiot.

I can usually make a good guess about dog breeds as well. But anymore, if it's a mutt, it's a mutt. I've learned that some mixtures can look a LOT like certain breeds and who knows if there is really any of that breed in there or not.

But you're still an idiot.

I can also look at humans and do a good job of figuring out their bloodlines.
And horses.

I've had a pitbull mix for 5 and a half years now, I'm proud to say. And he's NEVER had an aggression issue... well, with living things. Put a perfectly cooked steak in front of him and he'll be pretty aggressive with the steak. Then again, so would I.

Sorry bro, I've known some pretty decent pits to, but I would NEVER trust one around a child, especially unattended.

Not saying it's their fault, but they have had a lot of incidents over the years.

I missed this earlier, but here's more evidence of your ignorance of genetics and dogs in general

Small children should never be left unattended with ANY DOG!! I'm not saying it's their fault, but there's been a lot of incidents over the years involving dogs that weren't pitbulls.
Older children can be left unattended with any well behaved socilaized dog, providing they have been instructed as to how to behave around the dog.

Your ideas relating to dog aggression and pitbulls makes it clear you don't know what you're talking about

It most certainly does imply they have some idea. But then again comprehension isn't your thing.

And I wouldn't say I can "determine" the breeding of "every" dog I see, but I can certainly put forth an educated guess and be right most of the time.
I doubt it.

You probably think you can look at human beings and read their DNA too

Concerning dogs, you have shown yourself to have very little education and lots of superstition.

Good lord, you're such an idiot.

I can usually make a good guess about dog breeds as well. But anymore, if it's a mutt, it's a mutt. I've learned that some mixtures can look a LOT like certain breeds and who knows if there is really any of that breed in there or not.

But you're still an idiot.

I can also look at humans and do a good job of figuring out their bloodlines.
And horses.

Serious question. Where did mutt come from, b/c in the original article no one said mutts, at least not that I saw.

I've had a pitbull mix for 5 and a half years now, I'm proud to say. And he's NEVER had an aggression issue... well, with living things. Put a perfectly cooked steak in front of him and he'll be pretty aggressive with the steak. Then again, so would I.

Sorry bro, I've known some pretty decent pits to, but I would NEVER trust one around a child, especially unattended.

Not saying it's their fault, but they have had a lot of incidents over the years.

I missed this earlier, but here's more evidence of your ignorance of genetics and dogs in general

Small children should never be left unattended with ANY DOG!! I'm not saying it's their fault, but there's been a lot of incidents over the years involving dogs that weren't pitbulls.
Older children can be left unattended with any well behaved socilaized dog, providing they have been instructed as to how to behave around the dog.

Your ideas relating to dog aggression and pitbulls makes it clear you don't know what you're talking about

Where did I say small child you dope? I wouldn't trust a pitbull around my 2 year old by herself and I wouldn't trust that same pitbull around a 14 y/o by herself either. But I don't trust my 2 y/o around my Danes by herself either, when my son was 14 I trusted the Dane enough not to worry about it.

yes and no mutt could ever possibly be partially or even predominately a pit bull could they :lol:

IOW, with your "vast" knowledge of genetics, you think a dogs' aggression towards other dogs makes them more aggressive towards humans?

Could you at least try to stay on topc? What does what you just wrote have to do with

OK, since you requested, here's where I school you

A) can some mutts be at leat partial if not predominantly pit bulls. Because I looked up the defitinion of mutt, and it said mongrel dog in relation to this thread, so i further looked up the word mongrel

mon·grel (mnggrl, mng-)
n.
1. An animal or a plant resulting from various interbreedings, especially a dog of mixed or undetermined breed.
2. A cross between different breeds, groups, or varieties, especially a mixture that is or appears to be incongruous.
adj.
Of mixed origin or character.

Nowhere in that definition do I see anything saying a mongrel can't be part Pit Bull.

The argument your making, whether you know it or not, is that pitbulls are genetically predisposed to be aggresive towards humans. This proves your are a nincompoop when it comes to genetics.

For one thing, there is no breed of dog called "Pit Bull". PB's are a non-specific grouping of breeds which people are afraid of. Depending on how fearful the PB-phobia is, the group could include from a handful to a couple of dozen different breeds.

PB's are genetically predisposed to being aggressive to NON-HUMAN animals. They are bred to fight other DOGS, not people. If you knew anything about canine genetics, you'd know that dogs can be genetically predisposed to several different forms of aggression and you'd know that dog-aggression is different from human-aggression in dogs.

Then, to add to your stupidity, you claim, no no no, you *GAURANTEE* that one of the dogs was a PB (a "breed" (which doesn't exist) which has been bred for generations to fight) and it turns out that NONE were PB's. To make you look even dumber, you insist you were right, even though you were wrong

By the way, I'm going to add this quote from a neighbor that was included in the original article.

Authorities and neighbors said the dogs on the property ranged from small dogs to a 200-pound Mastiff. It appeared that Winters and Kywa took good care of the animals, officials said.

So it would appear that at least ONE of the animals involved was not a mongrel, which makes it entirely conceivable that others were not as well.

BWAHAHAHA!!! You're going by a neighbors ID??

B) Where is your proof that I don't know the genetics involved with breeding Danes

Your remarks concerning PB's show you don't know anything about genetics. If you knew what you claimed you know, you'd know that PB's are known for being human-submissive. You'd know that PB's were bred to be human-submissive just as strongly as they were bred to be dog-aggressive. And you'd know the difference between dog-aggressive and human-aggressive

Where did I say small child you dope? I wouldn't trust a pitbull around my 2 year old by herself and I wouldn't trust that same pitbull around a 14 y/o by herself either. But I don't trust my 2 y/o around my Danes by herself either, when my son was 14 I trusted the Dane enough not to worry about it.

Only an idiot would think a PB poses a greater risk to a 14yo than a GD.

IOW, with your "vast" knowledge of genetics, you think a dogs' aggression towards other dogs makes them more aggressive towards humans?

Could you at least try to stay on topc? What does what you just wrote have to do with

OK, since you requested, here's where I school you

The argument your making, whether you know it or not, is that pitbulls are genetically predisposed to be aggresive towards humans. This proves your are a nincompoop when it comes to genetics.

For one thing, there is no breed of dog called "Pit Bull". PB's are a non-specific grouping of breeds which people are afraid of. Depending on how fearful the PB-phobia is, the group could include from a handful to a couple of dozen different breeds.

PB's are genetically predisposed to being aggressive to NON-HUMAN animals. They are bred to fight other DOGS, not people. If you knew anything about canine genetics, you'd know that dogs can be genetically predisposed to several different forms of aggression and you'd know that dog-aggression is different from human-aggression in dogs.

Then, to add to your stupidity, you claim, no no no, you *GAURANTEE* that one of the dogs was a PB (a "breed" (which doesn't exist) which has been bred for generations to fight) and it turns out that NONE were PB's. To make you look even dumber, you insist you were right, even though you were wrong

By the way, I'm going to add this quote from a neighbor that was included in the original article.

Authorities and neighbors said the dogs on the property ranged from small dogs to a 200-pound Mastiff. It appeared that Winters and Kywa took good care of the animals, officials said.

So it would appear that at least ONE of the animals involved was not a mongrel, which makes it entirely conceivable that others were not as well.

BWAHAHAHA!!! You're going by a neighbors ID??

B) Where is your proof that I don't know the genetics involved with breeding Danes

Your remarks concerning PB's show you don't know anything about genetics. If you knew what you claimed you know, you'd know that PB's are known for being human-submissive. You'd know that PB's were bred to be human-submissive just as strongly as they were bred to be dog-aggressive. And you'd know the difference between dog-aggressive and human-aggressiv
e

Jesus H Christ you are truly a dumb fuck, let's just address this one issue. Your claim was that I am not fit to breed my Danes because I didn't know the genetics involved with Danes like the AKC's website says I should. I assure you I do and give you an example of how and so you change the argument to well you shouldn't breed yoru Danes because you don't understand the genetics of Pit Bulls. :lol: when did I claim to know the genetics of a pit bull, and what does that have to do with understanding my own preferred breed?:lol:

That would be like me telling you that since you don't understand the biology of a woman you shouldn't be allowed to enjoy the biology of your life partner.:lol:

Seriously, will you bring something real to the table..............

Just doing a quick search I didn't find a story specifically about a 14 y/o, but I did about a 13 y/o

Pit Bull Attacks 13-Year-Old Boy - WREG

Just one of a THOUSAND attacks I can post links to, IF you can post a SINGLE link to a Great Dane attack we can have this debate...............

Jesus H Christ you are truly a dumb fuck, let's just address this one issue.

IOW, I schooled you multiple times, so you want to ignore those and focus on one you foolishly think you might have a chance of winning?

Sure, I accept your surrender on all those other issues you failed on.

Your claim was that I am not fit to breed my Danes because I didn't know the genetics involved with Danes like the AKC's website says I should. I assure you I do and give you an example of how and so you change the argument to well you shouldn't breed yoru Danes because you don't understand the genetics of Pit Bulls. :lol: when did I claim to know the genetics of a pit bull, and what does that have to do with understanding my own preferred breed?:lol:

Once again, you try to put words in my mouth because you can't dispute what I actually said. MY argument is that you know little about genetics at all. As I proved, you have no understanding of aggression in dogs, how dog-aggression differs from human-aggression, and the role genetics plays in this.

You also don't know that "Pit Bull" is not a breed of dog. Your knowledge seems limited to a few details, which to you seems like a mastery of genetics. No wonder you don't want to talk about the details of canine aggression

Just doing a quick search I didn't find a story specifically about a 14 y/o, but I did about a 13 y/o

Just one of a THOUSAND attacks I can post links to, IF you can post a SINGLE link to a Great Dane attack we can have this debate...............

BWAHAHAHAHA!!!

Now the idiot who thinks he knows science is reduced to ANECDOTES that are reported by journalists!!!

And he thinks the plural of "anecdote" is "statistics" :lol:

You really are a moron.

IOW, I schooled you multiple times, so you want to ignore those and focus on one you foolishly think you might have a chance of winning?

Your claim was that I am not fit to breed my Danes because I didn't know the genetics involved with Danes like the AKC's website says I should. I assure you I do and give you an example of how and so you change the argument to well you shouldn't breed yoru Danes because you don't understand the genetics of Pit Bulls. :lol: when did I claim to know the genetics of a pit bull, and what does that have to do with understanding my own preferred breed?:lol:

Once again, you try to put words in my mouth because you can't dispute what I actually said. MY argument is that you know little about genetics at all. As I proved, you have no understanding of aggression in dogs, how dog-aggression differs from human-aggression, and the role genetics plays in this.

You also don't know that "Pit Bull" is not a breed of dog. Your knowledge seems limited to a few details, which to you seems like a mastery of genetics. No wonder you don't want to talk about the details of canine aggression

No moron your specific claim was that I shouldn't be breeding my Danes because I didn't understand their genetics as the AKC website said I should. Nowhere on that site does it say a person should hold a PhD in Genetics or even understand the genetics of a single other breed, so you have no basis to complain that I shouldn't be breeding Danes based on what you perceive to be my general lack of genetics especially as it pertains to Pit Bulls. I NEVER claimed to understand their genetics, I merely claimed I understand the genetics of Danes, which I do

Now on to the next subject, where did you me arguing that pit bull was in fact a breed? Sure I call them a breed , just like everyone else, but I didn't argue with anyone who pointed out that they are in fact not a breed. So what does that even have to do with anything else.

Thirdly, found a link to a Great Dane attack yet? If not I think we can call that a concession that yes pitbulls are in fact more dangerous than Danes.

BWAHAHAHAHA!!!

Now the idiot who thinks he knows science is reduced to ANECDOTES that are reported by journalists!!!

And he thinks the plural of "anecdote" is "statistics" :lol:

You really are a moron.

Anecdote? Hmmm, that's no anecdote. Poor stupid sangha, that is a new's account of a dog attack.

an·ec·dote (ān'ĭk-dōt')
n.

1. A short account of an interesting or humorous incident.

2. pl. an·ec·dotes or an·ec·do·ta (-dō'tə) Secret or hitherto undivulged particulars of history or biography.

That news story was neither historical, or particularly interesting, so what do you find humorous about a pit bull attacking a child sanga?

No moron your specific claim was that I shouldn't be breeding my Danes because I didn't understand their genetics as the AKC website said I should. Nowhere on that site does it say a person should hold a PhD in Genetics or even understand the genetics of a single other breed, so you have no basis to complain that I shouldn't be breeding Danes based on what you perceive to be my general lack of genetics especially as it pertains to Pit Bulls. I NEVER claimed to understand their genetics, I merely claimed I understand the genetics of Danes, which I do

If you don't understand basic facts like dog aggression, you have no business breeding dogs

Now on to the next subject, where did you me arguing that pit bull was in fact a breed? Sure I call them a breed , just like everyone else, but I didn't argue with anyone who pointed out that they are in fact not a breed. So what does that even have to do with anything else.

If they're not a breed that has been bred for aggression, then why do you fear PB's more than some other dogs?

The answer is obviously that you think of PB's as a breed. How else could PB's be bred to be aggressive for generations is they're really just a group of up to 2 dozen breeds?

Thirdly, found a link to a Great Dane attack yet? If not I think we can call that a concession that yes pitbulls are in fact more dangerous than Danes.

Only an idiot would think a newspaper account proves anything. Really, that is about as dumb as can be.

BTW, the breed considered "most likely to bite" is the Dachshund, but since you don't read about them in the papers, I bet you think they never bite

And I'm guessing that sooner or later, you'll post about the Clifton report because you are that stupid

Last edited:
And wrt not letting a 14 be alone with a PB but will allow a 14yo to be alone with a Great Dane:

When it comes to fatal attacks, GD's are right behind Chows and Dobermans, both of which are considered "bully breeds" that present risks similar to PB's.

IOW, your Great Danes are members of a breed that kills as frequently as other breeds that are considered dangerous "bully breeds"

And wrt not letting a 14 be alone with a PB but will allow a 14yo to be alone with a Great Dane:

When it comes to fatal attacks, GD's are right behind Chows and Dobermans, both of which are considered "bully breeds" that present risks similar to PB's.

IOW, your Great Danes are members of a breed that kills as frequently as other breeds that are considered dangerous "bully breeds"

If that were the case, you could easily post me a link to a single incidence as I asked for 4 hours ago.

Here I did your homework for you, and in fact I did find a case of a Great Dane attacking a 14 y/o

Great Dane attacks girl, 14 - Braintree, MA - Braintree Forum

Allow me to point out a few things.

1) the Great Dane had suffered an injury and lost a leg, which may or many not have been a contributing factor here

2) The Animal Control officer says this is the first case he's ever seen of a GD attacking a person and that it is rare.

Second of all I will point you to this group, of which I am a member, and you can read their website and see that they do not call a GD a breed that is likely to attack. That is NOT their natural tendency

Great Dane Club of America - Before you choose a Great Dane

No one , other than you, thinks Great Danes are even close to as dangerous as some of the other breeds usually mentioned as being dangerous.

No one , other than you, thinks Great Danes are even close to as dangerous as some of the other breeds usually mentioned as being dangerous.

hey Con....like i said my sister-in-law had 10 of these things at one time,and they were all gentle giants....and she did not raise any of these guys....but they were not scary to be around....they were intimidating when you first get there....but after they see your cool and come up and smell ya....your in....

hey Con....like i said my sister-in-law had 10 of these things at one time,and they were all gentle giants....and she did not raise any of these guys....but they were not scary to be around....they were intimidating when you first get there....but after they see your cool and come up and smell ya....your in....

I freely acknowledge that not all pits are running around foaming at the mouth looking for the next living thing to attack.

But let me ask you this Harry. IF you had to choose between leaving your teenager alone with an unknown pit or an unknown Dane, which would you choose? Which would 99% of parents choose, and why?

If that were the case, you could easily post me a link to a single incidence as I asked for 4 hours ago.

Here I did your homework for you, and in fact I did find a case of a Great Dane attacking a 14 y/o

Great Dane attacks girl, 14 - Braintree, MA - Braintree Forum

Allow me to point out a few things.

1) the Great Dane had suffered an injury and lost a leg, which may or many not have been a contributing factor here

2) The Animal Control officer says this is the first case he's ever seen of a GD attacking a person and that it is rare.

Second of all I will point you to this group, of which I am a member, and you can read their website and see that they do not call a GD a breed that is likely to attack. That is NOT their natural tendency

Great Dane Club of America - Before you choose a Great Dane

Google

Google Image Result for http://resources0.news.com.au/images/2008/01/19/va1237287529737/Erika-Tretheway-5849538.jpg

and then, a link that shows GD's right behind Chows and Dobies
http://www.cdc.gov/ncipc/duip/dog50.pdf

And another link to a GD org that knows a lot more than you
Recognizing, preventing, and handling Great Dane aggression -- Pet-Training.info

A Great Dane is an instinctively aggressive creature. In the wild, aggression came in very handy as Great Danes needed aggression to hunt, to defend themselves from other creatures, to defend resources such as food, a place to sleep, and a mate.

Selective breeding over the centuries has minimized and refined this trait significantly, but there's just no getting around it. Great Danes are physically capable of inflicting serious harm (just look at those teeth!) because that's how they've survived and evolved. Mother Nature is pretty wily and it's hard to counteract the power of instinct. However, that doesn't mean that we, as Great Dane lovers and owners are entirely helpless when it comes to handling our Great Danes.

Forum List

Back