Man Killed By His Own Dogs -- How Could This Happen?

IF you can post a SINGLE link to a Great Dane attack we can have this debate...............

Just helping you out. There are a few more then just one.

A neighbor witnessed the attack and said there was no apparent reason for the dog's sudden rage, police said. Police subdued the Great Dane with a Taser, and the dog was later euthanized by Garland Animal Control.

Woman critically injured in Great Dane attack | News for Dallas, Texas | Dallas Morning News | Latest News

Second Dog Owner Tells of Great Dane Attack
NBC Philadelphia - Claudia Rivero

A day after telling the story of a Great Dane who attacked a dog and her owner, another person has come forward to tell of a similar attack from allegedly the same dog.

Second Dog Owner Tells of Great Dane Attack | NBC Philadelphia

Great Dane Attack Leaves Woman, Puppy Hurt, Scammed
NBC Philadelphia - Claudia Rivero

Bridgitte Reed and her dog Ruby were walking along a trail when they were viciously attacked by a Great Dane. To make matters worse, the dog's owner gave her fake names and phone

Great Dane Attack Leaves Woman, Puppy Hurt, Scammed | NBC Philadelphia

HOUSTON—A 5-year-old boy who was viciously attacked by two Great Danes over the weekend should be released from the hospital in the next few days.

Boy recovering after Great Dane attack | khou.com | khou.com Local News

A Delaware County woman pleaded no contest and was fined $149 in connection with a dog attack that left an 11-year-old boy with more than 100 stitches, Grove city officials said today.

http://www.newsok.com/article/3454071?custom_click=paywall

Witnesses called Bavarian police to the scene in the Perlacher Forest where they found the small girl lying motionless on the ground and bleeding from the head. The dog owner had thrown herself over the child to protect her from a Great Dane,

Police shoot Great Dane that attacked 4-year-old - Munich

The two Great Danes that attacked a 5-year-old boy Saturday remain in quarantine at the Montgomery County Animal Shelter.

Two Great Danes that attacked boy will be put down > Conroe Courier > News Archives > Houston Community Newspapers Online - News Around Town

Last edited:
^^GD's have a reputation for sometimes being skittish, particularly around strangers. It seems our resident "expert" on GD genetics is unaware of the role fear plays in aggressive behavior

But let me ask you this Harry. IF you had to choose between leaving your teenager alone with an unknown pit or an unknown Dane, which would you choose? Which would 99% of parents choose, and why?

i am a mail man Con....and when animal control comes out to give us pointers on confrontations with dogs.....we are told ....if you dont know the dog...do what you can to avoid him....i know what you want me to say....but an UNKNOWN dog is just that...unknown....if i dont know the dogs demeanor i would not trust leaving him with anyone.....in my 30 years of carrying....the most aggressive dogs i have run into are Beagles...they are little bastards....Black labs are fucked too....Blond Labs on the other hand are usually the mellowest dogs i have run into...as well as Golden Retrievers...real mellow...

^^GD's have a reputation for sometimes being skittish, particularly around strangers. It seems our resident "expert" on GD genetics is unaware of the role fear plays in aggressive behavior

Agreed. All dogs can attack, no dog breed is immune.

I have a problem with the "I am right" *stamps foot* debates. He asked for a SINGLE example with a link, I provided seven. Just helping out. :lol:

IF you can post a SINGLE link to a Great Dane attack we can have this debate...............

A neighbor witnessed the attack and said there was no apparent reason for the dog's sudden rage, police said. Police subdued the Great Dane with a Taser, and the dog was later euthanized by Garland Animal Control.

Woman critically injured in Great Dane attack | News for Dallas, Texas | Dallas Morning News | Latest News

Second Dog Owner Tells of Great Dane Attack | NBC Philadelphia

Great Dane Attack Leaves Woman, Puppy Hurt, Scammed | NBC Philadelphia

Boy recovering after Great Dane attack | khou.com | khou.com Local News

http://www.newsok.com/article/3454071?custom_click=paywall

Witnesses called Bavarian police to the scene in the Perlacher Forest where they found the small girl lying motionless on the ground and bleeding from the head. The dog owner had thrown herself over the child to protect her from a Great Dane,

Police shoot Great Dane that attacked 4-year-old - Munich

The two Great Danes that attacked a 5-year-old boy Saturday remain in quarantine at the Montgomery County Animal Shelter.

Two Great Danes that attacked boy will be put down > Conroe Courier > News Archives > Houston Community Newspapers Online - News Around Town

Story one: Another dog was present, no telling what happened, but for the sake fairness you can have this one. Note that the animal control officer says Great Dane attacks are rare.

Story two: That's an attack on a dog, so has no bearing on Great Danes attacking humans. Also IF these were the same animals then their owners are pieces of shit which they proved by giving false info, no telling how they treated their animals.

Story three: Another attack on animals , not humans. and again sounds like some quality owners

Story Four: From the comments section

Unfortunately, this attack took place in my subdivision. There is reason to believe that the unsupervised 5 year old rode his bike into the acerage property of the dog owners and was attacked in the dogs own yard. The Great Danes were in a electronic fence and were not running loose in the neighborhood and have never been seen outside of the owners yard. This is very sad for the the child's family and the little boy, our family has prayed for his safe recovery.

I have news for you sister, you come into my yard and my Great Dane MIGHT bite you to.

Story Five: No details , so it's impossible to tell what happened.

Story Six: This Great Dane does seem to have attacked a child. I don't see any background on the dog, and in fact if you read the comments I see that the owner had just gotten the dog the week before from an unknown source and was stupid enough to be wandering around with the dog off a leash.

Story Seven: Again the attacks happened on the owner's property because the child's parents were neglectful and letting their child roam around unattended. IMO you should have a fence up if you're going to have dogs and so the dog owner is partly responsible but if you have animals for protection they are supposed to protect? i would surely want my Dane to protect to my family, and Danes are smart, but they aren't smart enough to differentiate a 5 y/o from a grown man.

Of course you believe that a parent should get to choose to allow their children to do anything with no penalty so I understand why you'd be pissed that someone would have a dog to keep you from allowing your child to roam their property unattended.

Now my turn

Google

Hmmm 533,000 hits

Of course I understand that you have no ability to judge that some risks are greater than others, to you risk is risk, so I fully understand that you don't comprehend that the evidence says pitt bulls attack WAY more often than Danes do, but whatever, enjoy your delusions.

I never claimed that pits dont attack more often then danes. You asked for a SINGLE link of a dane attack as if dane's NEVER attack.

I never claimed that pits dont attack more often then danes. You asked for a SINGLE link of a dane attack as if dane's NEVER attack.

You seriously have ZERO reading comprehension skills do you? I didn't say Danes NEVER attack. Hell I even posted a link myself. I said that if HE posted a link to one, then we could have the debate. And the reason I posted that was because Sangha is a dipshit who just likes to make stupid statements and never post any evidence to back up his bullshit. As he did here, someone else had to come and post his evidence for him.

You seriously have ZERO reading comprehension skills do you? I didn't say Danes NEVER attack. Hell I even posted a link myself. I said that if HE posted a link to one, then we could have the debate. And the reason I posted that was because Sangha is a dipshit who just likes to make stupid statements and never post any evidence to back up his bullshit. As he did here, someone else had to come and post his evidence for him.

Sure you did. Your statement here implies just that.

And evidence is evidence does it really matter who posts it?

Story one: Another dog was present, no telling what happened, but for the sake fairness you can have this one. Note that the animal control officer says Great Dane attacks are rare.

All dog attacks are rare. Most dogs don't ever attack anyone. Add in the fact that GD's are not a common breed, and what you said is pretty meaningless

Story two: That's an attack on a dog, so has no bearing on Great Danes attacking humans. Also IF these were the same animals then their owners are pieces of shit which they proved by giving false info, no telling how they treated their animals.

Story three: Another attack on animals , not humans. and again sounds like some quality owners

So when a GD attacks a dog, it "has no bearing", but the breeding of PB's to attack dogs is why PB's attack people?

What a hypocrit you are (assuming you're not so dumb that you dont even see the contradiction)

Story Four: From the comments section

Unfortunately, this attack took place in my subdivision. There is reason to believe that the unsupervised 5 year old rode his bike into the acerage property of the dog owners and was attacked in the dogs own yard. The Great Danes were in a electronic fence and were not running loose in the neighborhood and have never been seen outside of the owners yard. This is very sad for the the child's family and the little boy, our family has prayed for his safe recovery.

I have news for you sister, you come into my yard and my Great Dane MIGHT bite you to.

More evidence that you're not just an irresposible breeder, you're irresponsible in every way when it comes to dogs. You haven't even trained your dogs in bite inhibition and bite control. Now, if your dog bites someone, it might get put down. Not that you care about the pet. You just care about what the dog can do for you (ie make money)

Story Five: No details , so it's impossible to tell what happened.

What's the difference about the details. GD attacks makes your claim about the gentle nature of the dogs sound foolish (not that you'd notice)

Story Six: This Great Dane does seem to have attacked a child. I don't see any background on the dog, and in fact if you read the comments I see that the owner had just gotten the dog the week before from an unknown source and was stupid enough to be wandering around with the dog off a leash.

Seems to have attacked a child? You really are a piece of work. Even when confronted with documented cases, you look for an excuse.

GD's have attacked people. Far more often than you seem to know. It makes your claims about knowing about GD's look like the lies they are.

Story Seven: Again the attacks happened on the owner's property because the child's parents were neglectful and letting their child roam around unattended. IMO you should have a fence up if you're going to have dogs and so the dog owner is partly responsible but if you have animals for protection they are supposed to protect? i would surely want my Dane to protect to my family, and Danes are smart, but they aren't smart enough to differentiate a 5 y/o from a grown man.

Regardless of the circumstances, a dog attack is an act of aggression. You're blaming the victim of the attack is just an example of your complete inability to admit to saying you were wrong.

Furthermore, most of the PB attacks are also the product of unrestrained dogs and/or people straying onto the dogs' territory.

Finally, if your dog attacks someone for simply going on your property, then you must be a fool or a liar for claiming that GD's are not aggressive when the evidence is living in the same house with you.

Of course you believe that a parent should get to choose to allow their children to do anything with no penalty so I understand why you'd be pissed that someone would have a dog to keep you from allowing your child to roam their property unattended.

While parents do have a responsibility to protect their child from harm, a dog owner has a responsibility to see that their dog is properly socialized. A dog that attacks simply because it's territory has been entered is not properly socialized.

Now my turn

Google

Hmmm 533,000 hits

LOL!! Again, you prove you're so dumb you think the plural of "anecdote" is "statistics"

Of course I understand that you have no ability to judge that some risks are greater than others, to you risk is risk, so I fully understand that you don't comprehend that the evidence says pitt bulls attack WAY more often than Danes do, but whatever, enjoy your delusions.

Of course, I understand you are just making stuff up since no said PB's pose no risk, so I fully understand that you're trying to distract attention away from the fact that you have no facts to back up your claim that PB's are more likely to attack than a GD

And I'll remind you - the plural of "anecdote" is NOT "statistics" :lol:

Read EXACTLY what you quoted from me and tell me where in that it says "danes don't attack people." Oh it doesn't it says "show a link and we can debate it"

No it doesn't matter who provides the evidence EXCEPT that I was making a point with Sangha, that he NEVER provides any evidence to ANY of his bullshit, just like he posted that I don't know how to raise Danes but offered ZERO evidence to support that, even 8 hours later.

I will not debate this with YOU because you have already shown that you have no clue, or just don't care, that there are degrees of risk, just as sailing solo is more risk than baseball, which you denied, a pit bull is riskier than a great dane

Read EXACTLY what you quoted from me and tell me where in that it says "danes don't attack people." Oh it doesn't it says "show a link and we can debate it"

No it doesn't matter who provides the evidence EXCEPT that I was making a point with Sangha, that he NEVER provides any evidence to ANY of his bullshit, just like he posted that I don't know how to raise Danes but offered ZERO evidence to support that, even 8 hours later.

I will not debate this with YOU because you have already shown that you have no clue, or just don't care, that there are degrees of risk, just as sailing solo is more risk than baseball, which you denied, a pit bull is riskier than a great dane

Both you and sangha joined in june, so I have no idea about this "always"

All sports have risks. Just as ALL dogs can attack.

Just more proof that you're full of shit

I posted several links to multiple attacks by GD's including a picture of one victim.

I also posted a link to the CDC which shows that GD attacks come right after Chows and Dobies, both of which are considered bully breeds with aggression problems similar to PB's.

As far as you're not knowing how to raise GD's, I'd say you're problem is much deeper than that. You have unspayed and unnuetered dogs which you breed annually despite the overpopulation of dogs, you sell the unspayed and unnuetered puppies for profit, and you don't even train your own dogs to not bite even though GD's have a reputation for being aggressive towards strangers. Instead of training this out of your dogs, you encourage.

You're not responsible to own any dog, nevermind a GD

And to add to your BS, you are now claiming that someone has said there's no difference in risk, when no one has said that, and I have said just the opposite (I mentioned that dogs are ranked by the # of attacks and that GD's are lower than chows and dobies, and others)

So basically, you've got nothing but blather at this point. The best you can do is make up straw men to knock down.

I have to point out, you can train bite inhibition till the cows come home, but the person who thinks that by doing so they are eliminating risk is full of shit. And understanding that dogs are territorial and may attack strangers on their territory does NOT make someone an irresponsible breeder. Saying it does just makes one look stupid.

I have a problem with the "I am right" *stamps foot* debates. He asked for a SINGLE example with a link, I provided seven. Just helping out. :lol:

You are so Right.

Dogs have teeth. Dogs can bite. Any dog, no matter the breed.

When I lived in NH I had a friend who had two dogs. A beautiful grey sable German Shepherd. Max by name. He also had a Chihuahua named Paco.

Everyone was leary of Max and really never thought of Paco as a threat because of his size.

Paco would attack anyone. He was a miserable, mean little bastard and he may have been small but he had teeth and he would BITE.

Max, on the other hand, was a mellow, great dog.

Purebred or mutt , large or small any dog can bite.

Last edited:

You are so Right.

When I lived in NH I had a friend who had two dogs. A beautiful grey sable German Shepherd. Max by name. He also had a Chihuahua named Paco.

Everyone was leary of Max and really never thought of Paco as a threat because of his size.

Paco would attack anyone. He was a miserable, mean little bastard and he may have been small but he had teeth and he would BITE.

Of course, and no one was saying any breed would never bite; but only a fool would argue that pits aren't more likely to bite than Danes. There are some fools on this board.

There's no evidence that the guy abused the dogs, neglected, them, etc. How could a troupe of domesticated dogs do this?

Lorain County man mauled to death by stray dogs family had rescued | cleveland.com

Because they are dogs?! Domesticated dogs, of every kind, can become a pack. My uncle raised cattle in the mid-west, about 50 miles south of a very large city, where people would dump their dogs in the countryside. The dogs would form packs and would kill the cattle, so at least once a year we would have to hunt them. You name it, I saw every kind breed of dog in those packs. Believe it or not, the worst were the full sized poodles. I was shocked until I found out later that they are actually hunting animals in Europe. Dogs are smart and have very human-like behaviour but they are animals, nonetheless.

I have to point out, you can train bite inhibition till the cows come home, but the person who thinks that by doing so they are eliminating risk is full of shit. And understanding that dogs are territorial and may attack strangers on their territory does NOT make someone an irresponsible breeder. Saying it does just makes one look stupid.

I was the one who raise the issue of bite inhibition, and I never said anything about eliminating bites.

What makes conjob an irresponsible dog owner is that he hasn't made any effort to train his dogs in bite inhibition and bite control, and encourages his dog to attack strangers who wander onto his property.

A responsible owner doesn't put his supposedly beloved pet at risk by not doing everything they can to reduce the risk that their dog will bite someone. Saying otherwise jusdt makes you look stupid

As for the smartest dog on the planet?? Border Collie hands down. These dogs are so smart they scare you. There is nothing you couldn't teach a BC to do and I mean nothing.
Wrong. The smartest dog on the planet is my All American Mutt.

You are so Right.

Of course, and no one was saying any breed would never bite; but only a fool would argue that pits aren't more likely to bite than Danes. There are some fools on this board.

And at least one of them can't read very well

Forum List

Back