Man forces daughter to marry her rapist

So you read about it and that makes it a fact, in your mind? I read Alice in Wonderland and lots of other books. :2up:
More that I formed my own opinion from possible interpretation of the scriptures. However, what I do believe to be fact just from the Bible itself is that Mosaic Law applied to Jews specifically.

Oh, you read Alice in Wonderland? I love Alice in Wonderland, it's a beautifully written series. Did you like it?

So you follow the OT, eh?

Paraphrase: "I don't read anything that might increase my understanding."

Mosaic law in the OT was made up of three parts, judicial, dietary and ceremonial, the New Covenant did away with the dietary and ceremonial laws. The New Covenant was brought forward to unite the Jews and the Gentiles
I mistyped, but thank you for correcting me. Had I not corrected myself, I'd have wanted to know if I were wrong.

Mosaic law in the OT was made up of three parts, judicial, dietary and ceremonial, the New Covenant did away with the dietary and ceremonial laws. The New Covenant was brought forward to unite the Jews and the Gentiles
I mistyped, but thank you for correcting me. Had I not corrected myself, I'd have wanted to know if I were wrong.

I wasn't correcting you, you did fine. The problem is that people don't realize the Covenants were put in place and why the New Covenant was made. Mosaic Law never applied to the Gentiles, hence when someone tries to bring up "eating shellfish" is sinful they don't realize it never was for Christians

So you read about it and that makes it a fact, in your mind? I read Alice in Wonderland and lots of other books. :2up:
More that I formed my own opinion from possible interpretation of the scriptures. However, what I do believe to be fact just from the Bible itself is that Mosaic Law applied to Jews specifically.

Oh, you read Alice in Wonderland? I love Alice in Wonderland, it's a beautifully written series. Did you like it?

So you follow the OT, eh?

Paraphrase: "I don't read anything that might increase my understanding."

Only the truly delusional could possibly understand you. :2up:

I wasn't correcting you, you did fine. The problem is that people don't realize the Covenants were put in place and why the New Covenant was made. Mosaic Law never applied to the Gentiles, hence when someone tries to bring up "eating shellfish" is sinful they don't realize it never was for Christians
Such a law against eating shellfish was quite necessary. To some, shellfish would be instant death.

Incidentally, this situation would never have happened at all, if it wasn't for the fact that progressive douchebags refuse to keep criminals in prison:

"Moeller reminded Seaton that he was on probation for another crime in Bannock County when he raped the victim. He failed to notify his probation officer that he was moving to Ashton, where the crime occurred. Committing another crime while on probation doesn’t sit well with the court, Moeller said.

“If you had only followed the rules, none of us would be here today,” he said."

Yeah, if he had been kept in prison for his INITIAL crime, we wouldn't be here either.

Put crazy people and criminals in prison, and keep them there.

Stop imprisoning people for dumbass imaginary crimes ("hate speech" "tax evasion" "conspiracy" come to mind) and stop letting the killers and violent offenders out.

Seaton sentenced to 15-year unified sentence for child rape

15 years, did sound excessive for this crime.

BUT if it the accused is a repeat offender AND was in violation of parole, it is making more sense.

A girl I used to work with got married at 12.
She was really just 12 when she got married? How old was her husband?

God bless you and them always!!!

Holly

I worked with a physicist who started dating his wife when she was illegally young, I forget exactly how much, but more than a couple of months.

She was lying to him.

By the time it came out they were emotionally attached and planning to get married.

It was unclear to me what the girls family knew and when then knew it.

The physicist was definitely guilty of Statutory Rape many times, at least before he knew, and I suspect afterwards.

By the time I met him he and his wife had been married for several years, and his wife was now legal.

No harm, no foul.

It seems like a pretty convoluted relationship that didn't make much sense. The article didn't quote Bible verse nor did the participants. Why did the left wing bigots try to bring in Christian dogma into a civil issue?

It seems like a pretty convoluted relationship that didn't make much sense. The article didn't quote Bible verse nor did the participants. Why did the left wing bigots try to bring in Christian dogma into a civil issue?

Any excuse to smear Christianity and/or Christians.

I've read the Bible verse that is in question here and to me, it may not be about rape. Yeah the girl is seized, but that doesn't mean that what she and the man do is not consensual on her part.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Important point----re "marriage by rape"-----it is actually a well described social phenomenon in history in MANY CULTURES ----generally called "marriage by
abduction" the usual explanation is that it is consensual and USED to overcome
parental or other social objections-------ie the "rape" or abduction makes the relationship a kind of FAIT ACOMPLI -------pregnant makes it even MORE
"acompli" BTW remember "seven brides for seven brothers"? The situation
is actually a little study on MARRIAGE BY ABDUCTION.

I've read the Bible verse that is in question here and to me, it may not be about rape. Yeah the girl is seized, but that doesn't mean that what she and the man do is not consensual on her part.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

the biblical law includes the FACTOID----that the girl DOES NOT HAVE TO----
ie ---she has to be willing. The penalty is that HE can never divorce her. It is
really just "marriage by abduction" (planned)

Because they're ignorant, igoted fools.

Holly
I don't remember. That was a long time ago. I do know it was all willing and her parents were ok with it. Her parents were idiots..

That's sick! That's a child! It would be interesting to know if the person who married her was another child or an adult.

Holly
I don't remember. That was a long time ago. I do know it was all willing and her parents were ok with it. Her parents were idiots..

In most cases, not only do they need parental permission, but they also need a judge to sign off. That is extremely rare at 12 years old.

Holly

In most cases, not only do they need parental permission, but they also need a judge to sign off. That is extremely rare at 12 years old.
I'll see if I can find out tomorrow lol..

Holly

I'll see if I can find out tomorrow lol..

Well???
cmon.gif

Forum List

Back