Man forces daughter to marry her rapist

I'm not saying that the scenario would be "good" either way, but it wouldn't be an adult taking advantage of a dumb girl. It would be a dumb boy and a dumb girl getting together. I was a 16 year old girl and I know what I'm talking about.

The traditional law against sex with minors was, as I understand it, to prevent older men from "taking advantage" of young girls and leaving them pregnant and.or "ruined".

Thus, the "Shotgun Wedding" in which the older man is forced to take responsibility and provide for his now family.

But NONE of that now applies.

Girls can get abortions. Girls aren't considered ruined if they are not virgins.

Hell, single motherhood is even acceptable now.

And the younger male, is just as likely (or not) to be predatory, and even more likely to impregnate the girl, with his higher fertility and sex drive.

Shotgun weddings are not right. You don't FORCE people into marriages.

About younger males, maybe so, but they are still more equal experience wise (or SHOULD be) than a 20-something year old or older with a 14 year old!!! Good grief! They guy must be a complete loser.

IN the past, when the alternative to shotgun weddings was likely to be extreme poverty and prostitution, they certainly would have been "right".

BUT, today that is not the case.

Today, in the context where sex with other "children" is socially acceptable, what is the special downside to the girl's sex partner being older?

I already explained this to you. Do you not know? Stay AWAY from kids. Got it?

NOt a problem for me, at this late date, happily married.

And really TOO OLD, for underage girls.

Hell, I'm invisible to women in the 20s, maybe in their 30s, at this point in time.

This is NOT a matter of personal significance.

It seems to me to be an anachronism of a time when women were seen as the weaker sex.

And I want to understand why it still survives.

Pregnancy makes women physically vulnerable.

I don't concern myself with other people's personal family lives. Unless a crime is being committed, I mind my business and worry about my OWN self and MY family.

The Decline of the American Family is directly responsible for much of the crime in this society.

We are doing something, or more likely several somethings wrong.

So . . . you think "get 'em young" while they're naive and unable to make their own decisions is a GOOD thing? That's effing sick, man. That is why we have laws to protect children from people like YOU.

I was discussing what WAS the model, and what was wrong with what IS the model, not what SHOULD be the model.

You want your 16-year-old daughter marrying some adult dude?

Actually, my plan, at this point, is to encourage as much acceleration in her education as possible, so that she can be out of college or whatever, at an earlier age, and ready to begin an adult life, not to be forcibly held to an artificially extended childhood.

Accelerating her education may not be the best plan either. I say this as someone who had an accelerated education, which started when I skipped grades in public school.

It made me much younger than the other kids in my class, and because of that, I was somewhat socially ostracized. I had few school friends other than the kids in my own neighbourhood. I was also the class "brain".

As someone said up thread, there is a big difference between 16 year olds and 18 year olds, and those differences made high school more challenging socially.

I had good friends in my neighbourhood, and parents who helped me cope. But it takes a pretty level head to navigate accelerated education.

If you get pregnant as a teen, you are considered a "high risk" pregnancy because your pelvic bone structure may not be developed enough (or MATURE enough) yet to have a baby. You have to have ultrasounds and tests TWICE as often and there is more of a chance of problems than with a woman in her 20s.

A much more common problem, at least among whites, is waiting TOO long and becoming a Geriatric Pregnancy.

The Decline of the American Family is directly responsible for much of the crime in this society.

So . . . you think "get 'em young" while they're naive and unable to make their own decisions is a GOOD thing? That's effing sick, man. That is why we have laws to protect children from people like YOU.

I was discussing what WAS the model, and what was wrong with what IS the model, not what SHOULD be the model.

Actually, my plan, at this point, is to encourage as much acceleration in her education as possible, so that she can be out of college or whatever, at an earlier age, and ready to begin an adult life, not to be forcibly held to an artificially extended childhood.

Why rush them into adulthood? Let them enjoy being kids without worries and stress for a while!

Because pretending that someone who is physically a Mature Adult, is a "kid" is a stress factor in of itself.

If you get pregnant as a teen, you are considered a "high risk" pregnancy because your pelvic bone structure may not be developed enough (or MATURE enough) yet to have a baby. You have to have ultrasounds and tests TWICE as often and there is more of a chance of problems than with a woman in her 20s.

A much more common problem, at least among whites, is waiting TOO long and becoming a Geriatric Pregnancy.

I think most people have their children when they are in their 20s and 30s. That is not too old for most people.

Why rush them into adulthood? Let them enjoy being kids without worries and stress for a while!

Because pretending that someone who is physically a Mature Adult, is a "kid" is a stress factor in of itself.

Boobies don't make someone an adult. Physical does not equal emotionally or mentally mature. They are KIDS.

You'd better keep your hands off of kids. I don't know what ideas you have or if you have any, but as a warning, you keep away from kids.

Parents are NOT going to allow you to molest their daughters because they have boobies.

I know all about being a 16-year-old CHILD, you idiot.

Accelerating her education may not be the best plan either. I say this as someone who had an accelerated education, which started when I skipped grades in public school.

It made me much younger than the other kids in my class, and because of that, I was somewhat socially ostracized. I had few school friends other than the kids in my own neighbourhood. I was also the class "brain".

As someone said up thread, there is a big difference between 16 year olds and 18 year olds, and those differences made high school more challenging socially.

I had good friends in my neighbourhood, and parents who helped me cope. But it takes a pretty level head to navigate accelerated education.

I've seen that also.

But the kid is ALREADY has serious boredom issues in school.

I'm thinking not so much skipping grades in school, as taking college classes during high school summer sessions so that she can get though college in less time, while living at home.

And I am hopeful about what type of online education might be available by that time.

I've seen that also.

But the kid is ALREADY has serious boredom issues in school.

I'm thinking not so much skipping grades in school, as taking college classes during high school summer sessions so that she can get though college in less time, while living at home.

And I am hopeful about what type of online education might be available by that time.

If you think 16-year-old KIDS are adults, then you've got no business being a parent!

Parents are NOT going to allow you to molest their daughters because they have boobies.

Your assumption that I am operating from a personal interest is amusing, but incorrect.

At this point in time in my life, if I wanted the feel of violating a "taboo" of a relationship with someone very young, I could get that "zing" with a woman who was comfortably over legal age.

Your assumption that I am operating from a personal interest is amusing, but incorrect.

At this point in time in my life, if I wanted the feel of violating a "taboo" of a relationship with someone very young, I could get that "zing" with a woman who was comfortably over legal age.

It seems as if you are, especially given the fact that you cannot recognize that a person who is physically mature is NOT necessarily an adult. It's not "taboo." It's fucking WRONG.

I know all about being a 16-year-old CHILD, you idiot.

You know about being a 16 year old CHILD raised in a culture where 16 year olds are PREVENTED BY LAW, from exploring adult roles, such as a real job.

IN times past this was not the case.

George Washington graduated from College as a surveyor and got a high paying job at 17.

Benjamin Franklin was running a newspaper at 16.

Every guy I've ever known who was "interested" in teenagers was a dirtbag. No kidding.

That is likely a result of society's strong taboo on the subject, not that only "dirt bags" find physically mature teenagers "interesting".

I'm sure you've known teenage girls that could pass for women in their twenties.

They can find them as "interesting" as they want. It's the actions that matter. I've been guilty of drooling over photos of 19 yr olds on the Internet. That's not really what we're talking about here.

Well, there is a pretty big difference between a 16-year-old girl and a 19-year-old girl.
They mature a LOT between those ages. That is why I say AOC should be 18 across the board.

From a visual standpoint (and trust me, that's usually all men care about) often there's little difference, hence people ask for ID.

But again, I'm not condoning sexual activity with either one. For one, it's illegal, for the other, it's creepy and weird (if you're a lot older). The difference is years of imprisonment.

I think most people have their children when they are in their 20s and 30s. That is not too old for most people.

A geriatric pregnancy is an official medial term for any pregnancy in a woman 35 or older.

The risks just go up and up and up.

A geriatric pregnancy is an official medial term for any pregnancy in a woman 35 or older.

Most people have their kids in the 20s and EARLY 30s. That's not too old and not too young. That's the perfect age to have kids because you have SOMETHING established, a job, a bank account, credit, a vehicle, etc., etc., etc.

Most people have their kids in the 20s and EARLY 30s. That's not too old and not too young. That's the perfect age to have kids because you have SOMETHING established, a job, a bank account, credit, a vehicle, etc., etc., etc.

I've seen people waiting till they could get "SOMETHING" established, and it never happened, or happened too late, and they ended up not having children, to their great distress.

The more education, the lower the birthrate.

So the system is set up to encourage the breeding of the less educated and less responsible.

THat is a flawed system.

Forum List

Back