Male Nurse Fired For Treating Female Muslims

In a hospital, you get the nurse that is assigned. Assignments aren't made with regard to religion.
Specifically asking for only female Doctors and Nurses to attend to female Muslim family members has never been a problem in my experience. :cool:

That may be the case, but it's not a standard requirement or practice in hospitals. I know many nurses, and probably 1/4 of them are men. Truth be told, male nurses are usually excellent in their field, and if I had to choose, I'd rather have a male nurse because I trust their skills more as a general rule. If you make a special request for a nurse based on religous reasons, and you are accomodated, then you are getting special treatment.
I do not think it is special treatment at all.

But if the hospital has a male doctor or nurse treat any female muslim family member of mine after I specifically told them not to.

Then I will take them to court in a NY minute and retire wealhy. :cool:

Last edited:
So you don't really give a crap about the actual medical treatment she receives, just that you get your way and be accomodated when others are not.

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel
So you don't really give a crap about the actual medical treatment she receives, just that you get your way and be accomodated when others are not.
I expect just as good of medical proficiency from the female medical staff as I would the male staff.

Or do you think the female medical personal are inferior to the male staff members?

I am not the least bit concerned if other people have their wishes accommodated to or not.

This is what I want and what I demand for me and my family. :cool:

I expect just as good of medical proficiency from the female medical staff as I would the male staff.

Or do you think the female medical personal are inferior to the male staff members?

I am not the least bit concerned if other people have their wishes accommodated to or not.

So, in your gender segregated world, do YOU refuse service from a female health care worker? Do you require that you or your male family members be treated exclusively by men?

Specifically asking for only female Doctors and Nurses to attend to female Muslim family members has never been a problem in my experience. :cool:

That may be the case, but it's not a standard requirement or practice in hospitals. I know many nurses, and probably 1/4 of them are men. Truth be told, male nurses are usually excellent in their field, and if I had to choose, I'd rather have a male nurse because I trust their skills more as a general rule. If you make a special request for a nurse based on religous reasons, and you are accomodated, then you are getting special treatment.
I do not think it is special treatment at all.

But if the hospital has a male doctor or nurse treat any female muslim family member of mine after I specifically told them not to.

Then I will take them to court in a NY minute and retire wealhy. :cool:
-----------------

Specifically asking for only female Doctors and Nurses to attend to female Muslim family members has never been a problem in my experience.

And it might not ever be a problem. In general medial facilites and practicioners are very good about trying to accommodate special requests. And, yes, that is a special request in most hospitals. But you need to be aware of the procedures of any particular facility ahead of time and find out if they can and will honor your request or not. If there is doubt you still usually can provide your own private nurses. But you need to remember that nuesing is a 24/7 duty.

A hospital patient may refuse any treatment at any time from anyone. In some cases certain others may make treatment decisions for them but in general that is not the case.

Then I will take them to court in a NY minute and retire wealhy.

Dream on. I spent aprox. 40 years in nurseing. You do not have a legal right to make treatment decisions for someone else who is a competent adult without a power of attorney.

In the USA I could not legally refuse to treat any patient for reasons of gender or religion. I don't have a right to discriminate against people on that basis and neither do you. You should expect a counter suit for libal, slander, malicious defimation of charactor, etc. etc. and a future of poverty.

Blah, blah, blah.........

Any hospital today will bend over backwards to accommodate me and my request for a female only medical staff to treat my Muslim women family members.

No hospital wants to get caught up in a lawsuit and bad publicity.

So they will gladly comply to my request. :cool:

So, in your gender segregated world, do YOU refuse service from a female health care worker? Do you require that you or your male family members be treated exclusively by men?

I'd rather see a woman doctor when I have the choice.

If Christian Pharmacists can refuse a direct medical request to issue Day after pills on moral grounds, why can't Muslims claim the same moral rights? The christian morality ploy actually refuses medical treatment the Muslim morality just changes the care giver in this particular incident.

Your comparison fails completely.

The doctor was probably not a Muslim, and might have been a member of a competeing faith. Or he might not have liked the supervisor, or he just likes sticking his nose where it doesn't belong. More likely though he thought he knew better than everyone else on the planet and was telling people what to do just because he is a "Doctor" and everyone else is just a lowly worker.

Is that kind of 'Imagination Time!' speculation fun?

No hospital wants to get caught up in a lawsuit and bad publicity.

Which is exactly what the hospital mentioned in this thread faces due to the bigotry of a Muslim supervisor who has most likely joined the ranks of the unemployed-and rightly so.

The man had No business attending to muslim women in the hospital. :evil:

So answer the question? If women are forbidden to work and men can not treat women in Muslim societies does that mean women just suffer and die for lack of medical coverage?
Women are not forbidden to work in Islam.

There are plenty of female Doctors and Nurses to attend to muslim women. :cool:

Sunni,
Let me get this straight; as a first responder, if I come upon a Muslim woman with a life-threatening illness or injury, and there is no trained female responder on the scene, what would you suggest I do? Are you saying I should withhold treatment and let her die? I'm not sure I can do that, legally OR morally.

I'd rather see a woman doctor when I have the choice.
And that's fine, Sky; but if you were in an accident, and bleeding to death, would you want me to treat you, or not treat you, since I'm a male?

Sunni,
Let me get this straight; as a first responder, if I come upon a Muslim woman with a life-threatening illness or injury, and there is no trained female responder on the scene, what would you suggest I do? Are you saying I should withhold treatment and let her die? I'm not sure I can do that, legally OR morally.
The emergency situation that you described is a whole different ball game.

So of course the saving of her life would be of primary importance.

And the religious prohibitions concerning gender would take a back seat. :cool:

Last edited:
Sunni,

So course the saving of her life would be of primary importance.

Provide for us a quote from the article where in the Female patient actually ask for or demanded a female nurse. From what I read the Supervisor not the patient got upset.

Sunni,

So course the saving of her life would be of primary importance.

Thanks, Sunni; just checking. We don't have a very large Muslim population here, and I don't recall the issue ever having come up, which is why I asked.:cool:

Who wants to treat muslims anyway? They tend to explode.

ohnoyoudiin128527873681406250.jpg

Forum List

Back