OWS cop haters: HERE is why police have militarized.

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by bucs90, Nov 24, 2011.

1. bucs90

bucs90 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19,210
    To all you people in the OWS who hate cops (I know, its not most of you but some) thought I'd fill you in on why the cops have militarized. Violent ambushes, bigger guns, huge explosion in mental subjects, foreign cartel invasion, etc, etc, and here are a few examples:

Before we start, the Officer Down Memorial Page:
    Law Enforcement Line of Duty Deaths in 2011
    To date today, in 2011, 54 cops killed by gunfire alone.
    In 2010 59 killed by gunfire
    In 2009 47 killed by gunfire
    In 2008 40 killed by gunfire
    In 2007 66 killed by gunfire
    In 2006 51 killed by gunfire
    In 2005 53 killed by gunfire
    In 2004 56 killed by gunfire
    In 2003 48 killed by gunfire
    From 2003-current date 420 cops killed by gunfire alone. In comparison....
    From 2003-current date 140 United Kingdom troops have died in Iraq.

In 2011 to date, 54 cops have been killed by gunfire only in America.
    In 2011 to date, the US Coalition has had 53 deaths in Iraq/Afghanistan (iCasualties | Operation Iraqi Freedom | Iraq) (Great job US military stabilizing that region)

And you wonder why American Cops have militarized.

North Hollywood Shootout- 2 russians with AK47s make warzone in LA
    Columbine High- 2 heavily armed kill 13 while patrol waited on swat
    VA Tech- Crazed gunman kills 33
    Fort Hood- Killer was dropped by a city cop
    DC Sniper- High powered rifle sniping citizens
    9-11
    Ambush kills 4 Oakland SWAT officers 2009 shootings of Oakland police officers - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Ambush with AK47 kills several Pitt cops; Original 911 call was over a cat pissing in house: 2009 Pittsburgh police shootings - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Ambush kills 4 cops who were having coffee: Lakewood, Washington police officer shooting - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Ambushed with AK47 in Arkansas: Police: 2 suspects ambush officers at apartment complex - FOX16.com Little Rock, AR
    Maniac kills 5 in shopping mall before off duty cop engages, saves lives: Trolley Square shooting - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Woman calls for help; Husband ambushes and kills 2 cops with shotgun: 2 cops, suspect die after shootout in South Carolina - Orlando Sentinel
    Barricaded man ambush, kill cops in biggest shootout in SC history: Officers Gather On Anniv Of Abbeville Standoff - Greenville News Story - WYFF Greenville

I can go on and on for dozens and dozens and dozens of more PAGES of hundreds upon hundreds of examples. But you get the point.

2. bucs90

bucs90 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19,210
    I dont know why people expect. Society is becoming more violent towards cops, more ambushes, bigger weapons, more and more dangerous. Do they expect them to be Andy Griffith and just tell their wives and parents and kids "Sorry guys, I might get killed today, but we simply can't do anything that would offend someone or do more to protect ourselves, we must maintain our 1950's appearance, attitude and training."

3. Lakhota

Lakhota Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,909
  4. bucs90

bucs90 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19,210
    Like I explained. There is an abundance in reason why police have become more militarized.

HOWEVER, I suggest this: Hypothetically, let martial law be declared. Let the Army and US Marine Corp be tasked with enforcing traffic laws, trespassing, petty theft, assaults, disorderly drunk calls, etc, etc.

You think you got it bad now, let an actual "military" do the policing. You morons would be begging for UC Davis cops to come back.

5. bucs90

bucs90 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19,210
    But, unlike you, I'll actually respond to what you said. Yes, the "Miami model" is widely used. But.....like all police tactics, the "Miami model" was designed and trained on in REACTION to a previous event or set of events.

What were those?

1980's riots in Miami which got out of hand, out of control, devastated the city.
    1990's riots in Los Angeles which we all saw the chaotic video of.

So...cops responded by modernizing their tactics. They looked to other parts of the world, where mass riots have occurred throughout history but are fairly new to America. And the "Miami model" is what they came up with.

In other words, they dont WAIT for a gathering to turn into what Miami and LA did in the past. Instead, they show up prepared for just that. Simple enough?

Now, would you respond to the ample substance I provided in my OP? On how more US cops have died from gunfire from 2003-present than have British troops in Iraq? Or how in 2011 to date, more US cops have died from gunfire than total US Coalition deaths in IRaq (54/53).............and you wonder why cops are stepping it up? Cops are humans, with families, NOT robotic target practice for shitheads.

6. The Infidel

The Infidel EVIL CONSERVATIVE

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,173
    :popcorn:

7. Salt Jones

Salt Jones BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +510
    Except that won't happen. All the tactics that police have spent decades perfecting on minorities are now being used on America's precious and it's fun to watch.

8. The Infidel

The Infidel EVIL CONSERVATIVE

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,173
    :(

Cry me a river

:boohoo:

9. Salt Jones

Salt Jones BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +510
    Cops are "stepping it up" because companies like ATK, Taser and others are lobbying FOPs, police unions and police administrators to buy their products and take their training. Thus the militarization begins. If crime is down why is police militarization up?

10. Salt Jones

Salt Jones BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +510
    I wasn't crying. The police tactics help me prove my point to certain wayward blacks.