Malaysian airliner missing with 239 people on board

I wish they would talk about how they might get the bodies out.

I am so glad this seems to be the right place---very impressed with the effort and to learn that such technology is available. I think it is Cmdr Marks--of US Navy 7th fleet--USS BlueRidge---this is their usual duty area--? Indian Ocean--he said--'We do this every day--work with different countries --and do what needs to be done'--poor job of paraphrasing--but glad to know the US Navy is 'out there'--must be a challenging assignment--guess they like that sort of challenge.

I wish I was part of the team looking for the plane--sick of hearing about it--if CNN thinks they have done a great job--what can be said? They have managed to find those with expertise--I'll say that for them. The CNN 'focus' is out of whack---jmo.

Go Blue Fin 21 and then they will send an unmanned submarine down--beyond 15,000 feet. Amazing. Surprised there isn't more interest in this. Nothing to 'hate'--guess that is what makes a thread popular---so tired of that, myself.

I wish they would talk about how they might get the bodies out.

i am not sure they will

they would probably look for and retrieve the boxes first off

Alvin safely went to the depth of 14,783 ft

the plane if it is there is at 15,000 ft

I doubt there will be much left of the bodies. Between crabs and other sea scavengers, there may only be bones left. Just very sad.

probably so

For far less money than has been spent looking for aircraft lost at sea we could easily install ejectable GPS beacons & "black boxes".

The copilot's cell phone connecting to a cell tower in Penang, Malaysia gives lots of credibility to the low altitude reported in that area & the southern arc path proposed by Inmarsat's analysis of engine pings to the satellite & the military primary radar returns. Pings detected by the Towed Pinger Locator & Oil sheen found on the surface may be a clue. But it is still a long-shot to ever find this aircraft.

No Cookies | Herald Sun

Sources close to investigation claim missing Malaysia Airlines plane MH370 may have landed, not crashed

THE search for the missing Malaysia Airlines plane may return to the possibility that the jet landed somewhere, according to latest media reports.
The New Strait Times quoted sources close to the investigation saying that the failure to turn up any debris at the current southern Indian Ocean search site was causing a rethink among investigators.

The sources said that they were considering revisiting the scenario that the plane had landed at an unknown location.

#####

Which would explain the ringing phones.

No Cookies | Herald Sun

Sources close to investigation claim missing Malaysia Airlines plane MH370 may have landed, not crashed

THE search for the missing Malaysia Airlines plane may return to the possibility that the jet landed somewhere, according to latest media reports.
The New Strait Times quoted sources close to the investigation saying that the failure to turn up any debris at the current southern Indian Ocean search site was causing a rethink among investigators.

The sources said that they were considering revisiting the scenario that the plane had landed at an unknown location.

#####

It doesn't seem to explain the pings that were heard? Theoretically --after a number of experts seemed to have 'verified' that the the pings were authentic---authentically from a black box---it is strange that there can be a 360degree turn to 'landed somewhere else.'

-Blue Fin is said to have been searching a plateau area--4,000 feet down--there are drop offs to6,000 or 9,000. I could understand that the black box was heard --on its last hours of power---but that the plane may well be deeper and that will require additional equipment. Hopefully some useful pictures of this area of the bottom of the Indian Ocean have been added to the files.

No Cookies | Herald Sun

#####

It doesn't seem to explain the pings that were heard? Theoretically --after a number of experts seemed to have 'verified' that the the pings were authentic---authentically from a black box---it is strange that there can be a 360degree turn to 'landed somewhere else.'

-Blue Fin is said to have been searching a plateau area--4,000 feet down--there are drop offs to6,000 or 9,000. I could understand that the black box was heard --on its last hours of power---but that the plane may well be deeper and that will require additional equipment. Hopefully some useful pictures of this area of the bottom of the Indian Ocean have been added to the files.
I heard that something and/or a few items washed up today or was it yesterday (?), and I wonder if it will help anything in this search really ?

Six plus weeks and no evidence of a crash has manifested.
Every seat cushion is a flotation device, we have no floating seat cushions.
Fuel, oil and hydraulic fluid float on the surface of seawater, we have none of that.
Some dead bodies float, we don't have that.
Emergency rafts and emergency escape tubes from planes float, we don't have that.
Some luggage would float, we don't have that.

As a matter of fact, there is nothing that provides evidence that this plane actually crashed, NOTHING.

It is either a grand mystery for the ages or a well orchestrated hijacking of a plane.
I suspect it is the latter.

Fuel, oil and hydraulic fluid float on the surface of seawater, we have none of that.
Emergency rafts and emergency escape tubes from planes float, we don't have that.

As a matter of fact, there is nothing that provides evidence that this plane actually crashed, NOTHING.

It is either a grand mystery for the ages or a well orchestrated hijacking of a plane.

Regardless it has been over two months now. Time to stop wasting tax payer money on it.

I didn't catch all of this--but at some point---the cyclone/hurricane Jillian struck in this area---debris could have been carried away? The remains of the plane possibly filled with water and sunk to a depth that has yet been discovered. I am going with that.

Regardless it has been over two months now. Time to stop wasting tax payer money on it.
If it was highjacked, then it would have been figured in the plan of course, that a time must pass by before it would be safe to resume the plan to the next level. So it is that we should be alert until this thing is resolved somehow better or minimized to a level that allows everyone to breathe easier about it not being highjacked. So far that hasn't happened, so let's be on alert for a good while longer is what I think, and it could be what is needed as the investigation continues.

Last edited:
New York pilot claims to have found images of missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 | News.com.au

A PILOT in New York claims he has found an image of the wreckage of MH370 online.

Michael Hoebel, 60, said he had found an image of what appeared to be the plane in one piece in the Gulf of Thailand — the exact place where the missing Malaysia Airlines plane made its last communication with air traffic control before falling silent in the early hours of March 8.

The Boeing 777 vanished from radar an hour into its flight from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing. Why that happened is still a mystery.

Using the online satellite imagery website TomNod, Hoebel said he was shocked to find the plane resting in what appeared to be an unbroken state.

“I was taken aback because I couldn’t believe I would find this,” he told a local TV news channel.

#####

Certainly looks like the plane.

the only thing that has washed ashore is a boeing fire suppressor tank

but that was about 1500 miles in another direction

then they are looking in now

New York pilot claims to have found images of missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 | News.com.au

A PILOT in New York claims he has found an image of the wreckage of MH370 online.

Michael Hoebel, 60, said he had found an image of what appeared to be the plane in one piece in the Gulf of Thailand — the exact place where the missing Malaysia Airlines plane made its last communication with air traffic control before falling silent in the early hours of March 8.

The Boeing 777 vanished from radar an hour into its flight from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing. Why that happened is still a mystery.

Using the online satellite imagery website TomNod, Hoebel said he was shocked to find the plane resting in what appeared to be an unbroken state.

“I was taken aback because I couldn’t believe I would find this,” he told a local TV news channel.

#####

Cool find, unless the water is super clear, it would be hard to think one could see a plane on the bottom of the Gulf when it is 45m-80m deep IMO.

CaféAuLait;9010927 said:

#####

Cool find, unless the water is super clear, it would be hard to think one could see a plane on the bottom of the Gulf when it is 45m-80m deep IMO.

light penetrates to about a 100 meters

so 45 meters maybe

would like to see on a map where he says this is located

CaféAuLait;9010927 said:

#####

so 45 meters maybe

So the light might bounce off the white wreckage? The Gulf is also known for being fairly dirty and polluted.

It really does look like the outline of the plane though.

CaféAuLait;9010993 said:
CaféAuLait;9010927 said:

so 45 meters maybe

So the light might bounce off the white wreckage? The Gulf is also known for being fairly dirty and polluted.

It really does look like the outline of the plane though.

maybe but it is a very limited article and single picture

could be an airplane or it could simply be waves reflecting light

in a random pattern which we interpret as a plane shape

it would interesting to see where this spot is

compared to the other landing site in Malaysia

which the plane flew over

Forum List

Back