Malaysian airliner missing with 239 people on board

Unfortunately, one of the surprises foreign visitors actually get is a good caning.

According to the Straits Times of Singapore, “Malaysia has said it caned nearly 30,000 foreigners since 2005, a revelation that drew condemnation … from rights groups who demanded an end to the ‘barbaric’ practice.”
[/QUOTE]

The Malaysian Bar - The Current Form of Sentencing is Outdated - Time for Reform by V. Sithambaram

Caning is usually confined to males aged between 16 and 50. However, Malaysia has for sometime been discussing abolishing the upper age limit for caning, at any rate for rapists, on the grounds that if a man is fit enough to commit rape, he is fit to be caned.

Caning is not restricted to local citizens. Western visitors are also caned. In Singapore, the best-known example is that of Michael Fay who in 1994 was caned for vandalism. In Malaysia, too, there have been high-profile cases of Westerners receiving caning sentences, especially for drug related offences. They include the New Zealander, Aaron Cohen and Australian Robert Symes who received six strokes in 1982 for drug-trafficking.

Singapore complains - but does it as well.
However, I do not complain. Drug dealers are scum.

Still, the best bianco can manage is this because she has no clue how to respond to a thread about a missing airliners, just wants to hate Muslims a little more, even if Malaysia is only 60% Muslim. Of course, she doesn't like to mention 40% are not as this doesn't fit her Muslim hate shit.

Unfortunately, one of the surprises foreign visitors actually get is a good caning.

According to the Straits Times of Singapore, “Malaysia has said it caned nearly 30,000 foreigners since 2005, a revelation that drew condemnation … from rights groups who demanded an end to the ‘barbaric’ practice.”

The Malaysian Bar - The Current Form of Sentencing is Outdated - Time for Reform by V. Sithambaram

Caning is usually confined to males aged between 16 and 50. However, Malaysia has for sometime been discussing abolishing the upper age limit for caning, at any rate for rapists, on the grounds that if a man is fit enough to commit rape, he is fit to be caned.

Caning is not restricted to local citizens. Western visitors are also caned. In Singapore, the best-known example is that of Michael Fay who in 1994 was caned for vandalism. In Malaysia, too, there have been high-profile cases of Westerners receiving caning sentences, especially for drug related offences. They include the New Zealander, Aaron Cohen and Australian Robert Symes who received six strokes in 1982 for drug-trafficking.

Singapore complains - but does it as well.
However, I do not complain. Drug dealers are scum.

Still, the best bianco can manage is this because she has no clue how to respond to a thread about a missing airliners, just wants to hate Muslims a little more, even if Malaysia is only 60% Muslim. Of course, she doesn't like to mention 40% are not as this doesn't fit her Muslim hate shit.[/QUOTE]

He.
bianco is male.

Malaysia is from where the missing jet took off...and in whose plane cabin photos were taken of a Malaysian Airlines pilot partying with girls instead of concentrating on flying the plane.
Accused of smoking in the cabin as well.

It's not about the sins of the rapists and drug smugglers...it's about the 'barbaric' human rights violating punishments and chambers of death punishments.

Of course in Malaysia you don't have to be guilty of any crime to finish up on death row;

BBC News | ASIA-PACIFIC | British nurse sentenced to death

A British nurse charged with drug smuggling in Malaysia has been sentenced to death by hanging.
Father-of-two David Chell, 57, from Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire, was found guilty of possession of more than half a kilo of heroin.

Mr Chell, who says the heroin was planted on him, is to appeal against the sentence.

'Set-up'

Mr Chell, a psychiatric nurse, was charged after an airport guard claimed to have discovered drugs on him as he prepared to board a flight to Australia in October 1998.

Customs officers at Penang Airport in northern Malaysia say they found the drugs in Mr Chell's underwear.

But Mr Chell said one of the security officers produced the bag of heroin from underneath a cushion in the airport examination room where he was taken.

Death row Briton freed after appeal judges condemn trial - Telegraph

Death row Briton freed after appeal judges condemn trial

A BRITON sentenced to hang for drug smuggling in Malaysia was freed yesterday after an appeal court found his original trial was full of "contradictions and inconsistencies".

David Chell was immediately released and, despite an attempt by Malaysian police to re-arrest him for out-staying his visa, spent his first night of liberty in a hotel in Penang. Sudden freedom brought an end to a year's solitary confinement following a trial in which he claimed that the prosecution was based on fabricated evidence.

The quashing of his conviction by three appeal court judges represented an extremely rare occurrence in Malaysian legal history.

Shaik Daud Mohamed Ismail, one of the appeal court judges, told Mr Chell he was fortunate to have a speedy release. "There was evidence not explained by the prosecution and too many contradictions and inconsistencies which remained unexplained. The appellant is very lucky. He must thank God and his lucky stars for his release."

#####

He most certainly must.
You'd have to wonder just how many other innocents were set up, and departed this life at Malaysia's gallows.

Malaysia?
Y'all go there, I value my life and lifestyle too much.
Putrid foreign prisons and chambers of death are not to my liking.

He.
bianco is male.

I assumed female because she act like a daft bitch on the rag. :D

Anyway, this thread is about a missing airliner.
The pilots may well have been at fault, assuming the story about the women on the flight deck is true (It seems to be), anyone guilty of that should have been sacked before.

I'm rather hoping the ping is the flight recorder, and it's retrievable, so we can find out what actually went wrong.
No possibility is off the cards but some are more likely than others.
Given the history of fires on this type, I'm betting on that with systems knocked out because of it, disabling the passengers and crew.
I have no way to be sure but it's the most likely on the very limited information available.

All I know is that I want Angus Houston to move to the US and run for POTUS. Whatever he believes---I would support it.

So calm, so rational---in the midst of hurricane level chaos.

Aussies generally seem to have that pragmatic, for lack of a better term, quality. Always impressive to me.

Did they find the plane yet?

I don't think so. Had to 'take a break'---when I left--we were learning---'the plane turned to avoid the radar in Indonesia--how high was it flying--that would make a difference and so on'---mind numbing. If anyone cared to add--'The reason the plane turned is...' that would be worth hearing but --no chance of that.

Someone said, 'CNN's ratings have increased since they began the Mystery of Flight 370'--how this is possible I don't know. I know I rarely want to know anything they find newsworthy--but this is not a high point in CNN history to me.

If they wanted to turn the story over to Mary Schiavo---who consistently seems to have a rational POV--that might entice me to tune in.

I really am tired of the 'we don't have anything to say' but we need to fill up some air time approach.

Neurotic---mental health professionals should provide analyses of this disorder.

~~~~
I guess on Monday--we can look forward to more news of the Fort Hood Shooting. There will be a memorial service on Wednesday--so plenty of drama to be had in commentary on the preparations.

How about some pay increases and improvements in healthcare for the military and the families of service members? How about that? Action rather than talk.

Last edited:
Elsewhere speculation that had the plane had more passengers from the US things would have been handled differently. I hope so. However 'good or bad' the US methods may be---from hard experience there does seem to be a more effective way of handling such catastrophes. Certain there are those who can build a good case against the US for whatever we have done or not done.

If the plane did go down near Australia I wondered briefly how it avoided detection from Aussie radar? That hasn't been mentioned. 'The plane turned and avoided Indonesia's radar' --yes, I know. I knew this several weeks ago---several weeks ago I knew as much as I know now. 'It is a mystery.'

It was last seen near LAX.

Missing Malaysian Airliner Buzzes LAX In-N-Out Burger, Disappears - See more at:http://nationalreport.net/missing-malaysian-airliner-buzzes-lax-n-burger-disappears/
FAA investigators are totally mystified by what appeared to be the missing Malaysian Airlines Boeing 777 making a single, high speed pass over the In-N-Out Burger on Sepulveda Blvd in Inglewood, CA Thursday afternoon and then disappearing just as quickly as it appeared.

Customers in the drive thru lane at the In-N-Out Burger at 9149 S Sepulveda near Los Angeles International Airport were terrified when the giant jetliner simply appeared out of nowhere and roared over the busy drive in at no more than 100 feet in altitude. Adding to the confusion is the fact that Malaysian Airlines does not offer service to anywhere in the continental United States and there were no reports of the aircraft on radar or with Los Angeles approach which is responsible for vectoring air traffic within the controlled airspace.
777.jpg

A news conference was held--midnight ET/noon in Australia.

The Ocean Shield, located at the northern end of the search area--used the towed pinger search equipment--it heard pings for 2hrs--they turned around and pings were heard for 15 minutes in a slightly different location. Perhaps the cockpit recorder and the ? other data recorder. Angus Houston stressed that until further investigation can be done to confirm that this is flight 370 nothing definitive can be determined.

I forget the steps that will follow--something 'and then we will send down the 'other device' that can take pictures' and after that--I just can't remember.

It is in very deep water----a couple of miles down. The ? Blue Fin--would be at its limits of effectiveness.

Something---cautious optimism --and what it has taken to get to this point I can only imagine. Wishing all involved continued success.

Chances will improve if they start looking in Iran.

Not anything malicious - just a crying need for the spare parts sanctions have forced upon 'em.

I agree.
That's where American forces shoot down civilian airliners.
Very easy to see the explosions when your people mass murder.

Alas, Obama has not yet undertaken to claim that particular success. But we must be patient.

If the plane is located so far down--over 2 miles--at the limits of the equipment available to even detect the pings--I wonder how they will be able to retrieve the remains?

Maybe the submarines have such capabilities? Some sort of crane will be able to pull the plane up?

Cmdr Houston said it tooks months to retrieve a Blackhawk helicopter that crashed near Fiji and the location was known.

I assume that 'whatever it takes' will be done. If current equipment isn't sufficient--there is probably someone/company that can design something or adapt some existing equipment with the needed capabilities. 'Precedent setting milestone for aviation'---yes, it sounds like they have pushed the limits.

The company that built the towed pinger locator and the Blue Fin 21 is located in Maryland. Years of research well utilized. Something to be noted.

A news conference was held--midnight ET/noon in Australia.

The Ocean Shield, located at the northern end of the search area--used the towed pinger search equipment--it heard pings for 2hrs--they turned around and pings were heard for 15 minutes in a slightly different location. Perhaps the cockpit recorder and the ? other data recorder. Angus Houston stressed that until further investigation can be done to confirm that this is flight 370 nothing definitive can be determined.

I forget the steps that will follow--something 'and then we will send down the 'other device' that can take pictures' and after that--I just can't remember.

It is in very deep water----a couple of miles down. The ? Blue Fin--would be at its limits of effectiveness.

Something---cautious optimism --and what it has taken to get to this point I can only imagine. Wishing all involved continued success.

they will conduct acoustic triangulation to narrow down the spot

once that is accomplished then send something down to look at it

Angus Houston reminds me of George H. W. Bush.

Angus Houston - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So calm--all 'h' must be going on and he comes to the podium and says what needs to be said, with courtesy and authority.

A Boomer. Distinguished military career. In the entire US can we not find someone like this to take the helm?

<Air Chief Marshal Allan Grant "Angus" Houston, AC AFC (born 9 June 1947) is a retired senior officer of the Royal Australian Air Force. He served as Chief of Air Force (CAF) from 20 June 2001 and then as the Chief of the Defence Force (CDF) from 4 July 2005. He retired from the military on 3 July 2011.

Since then Houston on has been appointed to a number of positions. As of November 2011 he has been the chairman of Airservices Australia. In March 2014 he was appointed to head the Joint Agency Coordination Centre (JACC) during the search for Malaysia Airlines Flight 370.

Houston was born on 9 June 1947 in Ayrshire, Scotland and educated at Strathallan School in Forgandenny, Perthshire. He emigrated to Australia in 1968[1] to work as a jackaroo on a cattle station in north-west Western Australia. It was there that his workmates dubbed him "Angus", due to his strong Scottish accent.[2]

Service career[edit]

Early career[edit]

Houston joined the RAAF as a cadet pilot in 1970 and spent the early part of his career flying UH-1 Iroquois helicopters in various parts of Australia, Papua New Guinea and Indonesia.

After graduation from Flying Instructors Course in 1975, Houston completed several instructional tours on Macchi MB-326H, British Aircraft Corporation Strikemaster and Iroquois aircraft. A posting to the Republic of Singapore Air Force (RSAF) from 1976&#8211;1978 was followed by two years at No. 9 Squadron at RAAF Base Amberley. In late 1979, Houston was posted to Hill Air Force Base, Utah U.S.A. for exchange flying duties with a United States Air Force helicopter unit.

>

Last edited:

So calm--all 'h' must be going on and he comes to the podium and says what needs to be said, with courtesy and authority.

A Boomer. Distinguished military career. In the entire US can we not find someone like this to take the helm?

one thing about bush that i like

is he has a thick face

is he has a thick face

not really sure what you mean--probably just as well.

I have gathered that you work in aviation--and/or have military experience?

You have probably known many such men--I only get random glimpses.

The ability to lead---I will always admire that. Maybe we have 'more' people like that in the US and I never have reason to hear of them? They are too intelligent to consider politics?

Or--Australia is where I should be living?

is he has a thick face

The ability to lead---I will always admire that. Maybe we have 'more' people like that in the US and I never have reason to hear of them? They are too intelligent to consider politics?

thick face= bold will do what what he/she believes is best disregards insults and such

i fly and have military experience

is he has a thick face

thick face= bold will do what what he/she believes is best disregards insults and such

ok--and hats off to you. We need 'that kind' so desperately.
( I know that G.H. W. Bush has critics--but he did more right than wrong--if you look at his whole life. jmo.)

I googled could not find out who is currently the Commander of the US Air Force--found out that 9 AF generals had been fired over a nuclear cheating scandal. 'S' happens.

Let the Air Force lead the nation--always heard they are the best. I know I want that kind of 'change'.

Last edited:

ok--and hats off to you. We need 'that kind' so desperately.

I googled could not find out who is currently the Commander of the US Air Force--found out that 9 AF generals had been fired over a nuclear cheating scandal. 'S' happens.

Let the Air Force lead the nation--always heard they are the best. I know I want that kind of 'change'.

air superiority is a must

however all branches of the service are needed

to balance the defense of the country

the rash of forced retirement of commanders

is somewhat of a new thing

Forum List

Back