Malaysian airliner missing with 239 people on board

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by JimH52, Mar 7, 2014.

1. jon_berzerk

jon_berzerk Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +16,206
    probably so

2. KissMy

KissMy Free Breast Exam

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,162
    For far less money than has been spent looking for aircraft lost at sea we could easily install ejectable GPS beacons & "black boxes".

The copilot's cell phone connecting to a cell tower in Penang, Malaysia gives lots of credibility to the low altitude reported in that area & the southern arc path proposed by Inmarsat's analysis of engine pings to the satellite & the military primary radar returns. Pings detected by the Towed Pinger Locator & Oil sheen found on the surface may be a clue. But it is still a long-shot to ever find this aircraft.

3. Politico

Politico Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,492
    I wonder how much money the US is wasting on this.

4. bianco

bianco VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +203
    No Cookies | Herald Sun

Sources close to investigation claim missing Malaysia Airlines plane MH370 may have landed, not crashed

THE search for the missing Malaysia Airlines plane may return to the possibility that the jet landed somewhere, according to latest media reports.
    The New Strait Times quoted sources close to the investigation saying that the failure to turn up any debris at the current southern Indian Ocean search site was causing a rethink among investigators.

The sources said that they were considering revisiting the scenario that the plane had landed at an unknown location.

#####

Which would explain the ringing phones.

5. wavingrl

wavingrl Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +196
    It doesn't seem to explain the pings that were heard? Theoretically --after a number of experts seemed to have 'verified' that the the pings were authentic---authentically from a black box---it is strange that there can be a 360degree turn to 'landed somewhere else.'

-Blue Fin is said to have been searching a plateau area--4,000 feet down--there are drop offs to6,000 or 9,000. I could understand that the black box was heard --on its last hours of power---but that the plane may well be deeper and that will require additional equipment. Hopefully some useful pictures of this area of the bottom of the Indian Ocean have been added to the files.

6. beagle9

beagle9 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,631
    I heard that something and/or a few items washed up today or was it yesterday (?), and I wonder if it will help anything in this search really ?

7. alan1

alan1 USMB Mod Staff Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,768
    Six plus weeks and no evidence of a crash has manifested.
    Every seat cushion is a flotation device, we have no floating seat cushions.
    Fuel, oil and hydraulic fluid float on the surface of seawater, we have none of that.
    Some dead bodies float, we don't have that.
    Emergency rafts and emergency escape tubes from planes float, we don't have that.
    Some luggage would float, we don't have that.

As a matter of fact, there is nothing that provides evidence that this plane actually crashed, NOTHING.

It is either a grand mystery for the ages or a well orchestrated hijacking of a plane.
    I suspect it is the latter.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  8. CaféAuLait

CaféAuLait This Space for Rent

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,326
    How does one get an [MENTION=48651]AlicaReik[/MENTION] spam blocker, I wonder?

9. Politico

Politico Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,492
    Regardless it has been over two months now. Time to stop wasting tax payer money on it.

10. wavingrl

wavingrl Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +196
    I didn't catch all of this--but at some point---the cyclone/hurricane Jillian struck in this area---debris could have been carried away? The remains of the plane possibly filled with water and sunk to a depth that has yet been discovered. I am going with that.