'Make America Great Again'

You're using historical data pre-Obama. He did fundamentally change America in such a way there is no precedent or other data that could be used in your assessment. I think that Obama is worse than Hitler, Nixon and Clinton combined. The damage to America by Obama is unprecedented.

and again, what do you base that on, other than your own freaking out that there's a negro in the White House?

I think the last 8 years have been rough economically because the crash of 2008 was as bad as it was. That's really not on Obama. Should he have done more? Maybe. Would the GOP have let him? They said they would block him at every turn and they've tried.

But the idea that America is somehow "different" is silly. The real problem is, we are exactly the same as we were pre-Crash. The real problem with Obama is that he hasn't been a transformative figure in ways either the right or the left has claimed.
The republicans gave Obama everything he wanted. He owns the failing economy.
Yep. No obstruction on the part of the pubes that's for sure. They gave him everything he asked for.

:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

I used to think you idiots just typed this shit in to try to get a rise out of sane people, but I have come to the conclusion that you morons actually believe this shit you type in.
He has got every budget he wanted, did he not?

There is background piece assumed but not covered in my OP and that is the part conservative media has played in the creation of Donald Trump's rise to prominence. The words of Limbaugh, Fox talking heads, conservative journals, and conservative think tanks all contributed to Donald's rise. The ingredients noted above are part of their repertoire and have been used so often they have become the backdrop of all conversation and writings.

I found it interesting that another writer used the word 'savior.'

"But how did Trump come to be a savior?"

David Livingstone Smith: How Trump sells salvation

"Trump understands far more clearly than any of his competitors that politicians are salvation peddlers, and he uses that insight to great effect.... I doubt that this is deliberate or calculated. Rather, it seems more like a salesman’s gut understanding of human psychology. And it’s because he successfully positions himself as a savior that those who are hooked on Trump are prepared to turn a blind eye to his shortcomings, incoherencies, and his uneasy relationship with reality."

"Politifact, which has rated nearly 100 Trump statements, rates 78% of them mostly false, false or “pants on fire” — their highest (or lowest) rating."

First, given the fact that the left supported Bill Clinton, and now Hillary Clinton, both of which made an entire career out of lying.... Andyfact Rates that last statement 100% of it on the mostly hypocrite, hypocrite, and "flaming bigot" rating.

Second...... Welcome to democracy.

We were never supposed to be a democracy. We were supposed to be a representative republic. We were never supposed to vote on the president.

But you people on the left... not us on the right, wanted Democracy, and now you've got it.

Now that you have what you demanded, now you want to complain about the results? You complain that politicians have figured out they simply need to sell themselves as savior?

Democracy is a rule of the ignorant. Ignorant people haven't read up on the effects of the minimum wage. Or the effects of protectionism. Or the effects of high tax rates. Or the effects of regulation on business.

The average person does not understand that eliminating commission stock brokers, would mean they would eliminate themselves from being able to afford a stock broker to invest with. (a policy Obama recently attempted to push).

The average person understands the job they are in, and the price of milk at the store.

Now who do you think is going to appeal to such a person? The guy who stands up and says "we need to allow the economy to heal", or the guy that says "I can fix everything, and I have a plan to do it"?

Informed people know government can fix everything, and never could. It's the ignorant, looking for Mr. Perfect Plan, who will fix their lives, and be their savior.

And then you complain that politicians pander to the ignorant? Your fault. Not ours.

You're using historical data pre-Obama. He did fundamentally change America in such a way there is no precedent or other data that could be used in your assessment. I think that Obama is worse than Hitler, Nixon and Clinton combined. The damage to America by Obama is unprecedented.

and again, what do you base that on, other than your own freaking out that there's a negro in the White House?

I think the last 8 years have been rough economically because the crash of 2008 was as bad as it was. That's really not on Obama. Should he have done more? Maybe. Would the GOP have let him? They said they would block him at every turn and they've tried.

But the idea that America is somehow "different" is silly. The real problem is, we are exactly the same as we were pre-Crash. The real problem with Obama is that he hasn't been a transformative figure in ways either the right or the left has claimed.
Yep. No obstruction on the part of the pubes that's for sure. They gave him everything he asked for.

:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

I used to think you idiots just typed this shit in to try to get a rise out of sane people, but I have come to the conclusion that you morons actually believe this shit you type in.

What exactly did Obama push, that he didn't get?

Leftists are taught that poor little Obama is under attack by crazed right wing radical Rs on a daily basis...that poor little Obama can't get anything done because of the R congress...amazingly many of them believe this absurd propaganda.

Leftists are taught that poor little Obama is under attack by crazed right wing radical Rs on a daily basis...that poor little Obama can't get anything done because of the R congress...amazingly many of them believe this absurd propaganda.

amazing and damn sad. they are LIONS when it's a Republican President. but become squeaky little mouse wailing over how their poor little man is so mistreated by them meanie ole people on the right. how dare they attack our Cult leader.

America has always been a great country but the last 8 years have sucked ass.

You seem to have forgotten to say that the last eight years sucked Ass FOR YOU.

For myself, after I started to recover from the losses brought to us by the last president, things have been going well.

So sorry to hear that your plans for recovery after Bush sucked so bad you continued down hill. But that's on you. Not Obama.

An interesting catch phrase or words so coded its meaning is lost on most? When was or wasn't America great? Doesn't that depends on who is making the call. How did an outsider, a person who goes against every policy republicans promote become their candidate of choice. How? The answer is simple, the Republicans created Donald Trump.

You ask how? Why is the complex part. It started long ago, but we can date its real growth with Ronald Reagan, government isn't the solution it is the problem. Add ingredients galore: victimisation, xenophobia, nationalism, misogyny, lost freedoms, demography, corporatism, and the old favorite, racism ...s." http://www.nytimes.com/2016/02/23/opinion/campaign-stops/donald-trump-crony-capitalist.html

i stopped reading there.

racecard-627x462.jpg

Part of the human condition is look back at your formative years and think they were somehow better than today despite all of the evidence to the contrary. I'm certain life was better when I was in my late teens despite the fact that crime was higher, people were poorer and we were all scared of nuclear anahilation, my father thinks things were better when Hitler was marching across europe and my grandfather though things were better in his day and he had Polio.

Make XXX great again is just a a way of appealing to any voter over the age of 30, its what you say around it that makes policy.
Yep. The older I get, the better I was. LOL

1) The economy isn't failing.

2) No, they didn't.

Normally there is a huge bounce back after a short recession. You can see this throughout the last 100 years, with the exception of the Great Depression.

This recession has been the worst, slowest, least 'recovery' that we have had in 100 years.

So while it might not be "fail" in the sense that we are not bartering for food yet, this is not a spectacular recovery, and unfortunately thanks to Obama, we really need that spectacular recovery to pay for all his crap he passed.

. If the economy isn't failing, then why are so many on welfare?

Maybe you could answer this question.

Are there more people working than are drawing welfare?
Not SNAP. Those people usually are working.

But sit on their ass welfare. How many of those vs. Workers.

According to you, there should be more on welfare. But let's see your numbers. If you've got them.

we really need that spectacular recovery to pay for all his crap he passed.

All what crap he passed?

Obama wanted higher MW to aid the recovery. Nope. Didn't get that.
Obama wanted to close tax loopholes to reduce deficits to help the economy. Nope didn't get that.

Republicans in congress were going to be laser focused on jobs. Nope didn't get that.

We did get unending obstruction from the republicans. That helped a lot for the recovery. We got unending votes on Obama care. That helped a lot. We got investigations on Hillary. Yep that helped.

Feel free to add all the god things republicans did to aid the recovery.

For myself, after I started to recover from the losses brought to us by the last president, things have been going well.

So sorry to hear that your plans for recovery after Bush sucked so bad you continued down hill. But that's on you. Not Obama.

The most I ever earned was under Bush. I have not done nearly as well under Obama. Must be his fault then.

Remember this....the magic Neeeeeeeeegroes promise?

Damn you'll believe anything won't ya?
You believed republicans were gonna repeal Obama care. Right?

How is that relevant? Do I want to vote for a candidate that says they will repeal obama care, or vote for the one that wants to expand obama care?

Even if they do not repeal it.... why would I vote for the one that doesn't even say they want to repeal it?

You voted for the guy who said he'd close gitmo, and end drone strikes, and eliminate violations of our privacy, and he hasn't done any of those things. Why don't you vote Republican then?

The most I ever earned was under Bush. I have not done nearly as well under Obama. Must be his fault then.
He is pretty ignorant. Just look at our stagnant growth. If people were doing well for the last 8 years they would be spending money and we'd be growing faster that the snails pace we currently are.

Am I doing better now than when Obama took office? Obviously yes since the economy isn't contracting anymore. Am I doing better overall than I did under Bush? Not even remotely close. It's laughable how shitty this economy is

Forum List

Back