'Make America Great Again'

midcan5

liberal / progressive
Jun 4, 2007
America
An interesting catch phrase or words so coded its meaning is lost on most? When was or wasn't America great? Doesn't that depends on who is making the call. How did an outsider, a person who goes against every policy republicans promote become their candidate of choice. How? The answer is simple, the Republicans created Donald Trump.

You ask how? Why is the complex part. It started long ago, but we can date its real growth with Ronald Reagan, government isn't the solution it is the problem. Add ingredients galore: victimisation, xenophobia, nationalism, misogyny, lost freedoms, demography, corporatism, and the old favorite, racism and the brew is prepared. Something for everyone, add terrorism and immigrants as an update. Don't want to miss anyone. Watch the crowd at a Trump rally, listen to their cheers and their questions. If you want to understand, know a person's hatreds, it is there you'll find the hows.

But why you ask, why make the grand old party the crazy place. Crazy is un-American right? It was an accident, but one easy to understand. Recall all the cliches on foes, on enemies, blame, question their Americanism, question their identity, point fingers at them, it's them who took our jobs, it's them who took our greatness. They don't understand, they only want, they look to government, they don't belong. 'They' can be anyone from the welfare recipient to the corporate donors*. Do all this and some will believe and some will seek a savior. The narrative was set, along came the answer.

* This sentiment is strong among democrats too as Wall Street bashing shows. "It is an indication of a country’s institutional corruption when inside a main party the only alternative to the prevailing crony capitalism is a tycoon with a long history of shady deals." http://www.nytimes.com/2016/02/23/opinion/campaign-stops/donald-trump-crony-capitalist.html

An interesting catch phrase or words so coded its meaning is lost on most? When was or wasn't America great? Doesn't that depends on who is making the call. How did an outsider, a person who goes against every policy republicans promote become their candidate of choice. How? The answer is simple, the Republicans created Donald Trump.

You ask how? Why is the complex part. It started long ago, but we can date its real growth with Ronald Reagan, government isn't the solution it is the problem. Add ingredients galore: victimisation, xenophobia, nationalism, misogyny, lost freedoms, demography, corporatism, and the old favorite, racism and the brew is prepared. Something for everyone, add terrorism and immigrants as an update. Don't want to miss anyone. Watch the crowd at a Trump rally, listen to their cheers and their questions. If you want to understand, know a person's hatreds, it is there you'll find the hows.

But why you ask, why make the grand old party the crazy place. Crazy is un-American right? It was an accident, but one easy to understand. Recall all the cliches on foes, on enemies, blame, question their Americanism, question their identity, point fingers at them, it's them who took our jobs, it's them who took our greatness. They don't understand, they only want, they look to government, they don't belong. 'They' can be anyone from the welfare recipient to the corporate donors*. Do all this and some will believe and some will seek a savior. The narrative was set, along came the answer.

* This sentiment is strong among democrats too as Wall Street bashing shows. "It is an indication of a country’s institutional corruption when inside a main party the only alternative to the prevailing crony capitalism is a tycoon with a long history of shady deals." http://www.nytimes.com/2016/02/23/opinion/campaign-stops/donald-trump-crony-capitalist.html

I agree somewhat in part. Barack Obama and the failing Republican Party made Donald Trump popular. Obama's agenda does not support the culture that sustains the country economically. And the Karl Rove establishment did a very poor job of mitigating the risk Obama's policies pose and now America is paying the price for the gross negligence.

-Geaux

Yes We Can & Fundamentally Change America say hello.

America has always been a great country but the last 8 years have sucked ass.

Racists cannot win in fights against Nazis so justice with Racism in America.

But Negro can win with fighting spirit against Nazis or they only kill in LA and NY.

?? !!

Part of the human condition is look back at your formative years and think they were somehow better than today despite all of the evidence to the contrary. I'm certain life was better when I was in my late teens despite the fact that crime was higher, people were poorer and we were all scared of nuclear anahilation, my father thinks things were better when Hitler was marching across europe and my grandfather though things were better in his day and he had Polio.

Make XXX great again is just a a way of appealing to any voter over the age of 30, its what you say around it that makes policy.

- hard rock and other music in spotify and youtube.
- racism great for every who are against thug life.
- spend down in military cuts. Only little down step.
- soccer and hockey in ten years then we break off.
- NFL, Baseboll, Basketboll, Volleyboll, Tennis and Nascar left.

Alternative to great America again.

Part of the human condition is look back at your formative years and think they were somehow better than today despite all of the evidence to the contrary. I'm certain life was better when I was in my late teens despite the fact that crime was higher, people were poorer and we were all scared of nuclear anahilation, my father thinks things were better when Hitler was marching across europe and my grandfather though things were better in his day and he had Polio.

Make XXX great again is just a a way of appealing to any voter over the age of 30, its what you say around it that makes policy.

You're using historical data pre-Obama. He did fundamentally change America in such a way there is no precedent or other data that could be used in your assessment. I think that Obama is worse than Hitler, Nixon and Clinton combined. The damage to America by Obama is unprecedented.

-Geaux

And this post right here, this is the exact reason that no matter how much you scream and yell, no matter how much Trump says, or doesn't say... no one gives a crap anymore. Why?

Hypocrisy.

You people on the left, have been demonizing hypocrites for as long as I have memory.

Finally.... we don't care. No one cares. Every single time Trump does something that causes you people to flip out, his ratings get higher.

You screamed 'wolf' too many times, and now no one is paying any attention to you.

At same time, you people are just as guilty, if not more guilty than anyone on the right.

Victimisation: Edward Snowden? Does anyone remember the staff of the Travel Office in which a former first lady, completely made up false charges?

Nationalism: What do you think ending free-trade, and the resulting loss of millions of jobs around the world is? We want jobs, and we don't want you to have jobs. Americans should have jobs, not other people.

Lost freedoms: Like the freedom to determine the wages you pay? Like the freedom to hire whoever you want? Like the freedom to buy, or sell, from another country? I've lost far more freedoms under left-wing policies, any any right-wing policy.

Corporatism: Like farm subsidies to multi-billion dollar corporations? Like bail-outs to GM? Like Green-energy grants to Solyndra and other companies?

Racism: Like being called a racists every time we question anything Obama did for the past 7 years?

And then you wonder why no one cares what a hypocrite on the left says about Trump? The answer isn't that shocking. We no longer consider your opinions credible or relevant to us. Sucks huh? We can vote too, and you don't really matter anymore.

Obama are type 3:5 of class. US 1st diktatur and will police and FBI no fine. Not fine president even he's best sides are good. Means when he speak him policys. Democraty leader. It's better with capitalist leadership and Government.

I think that Obama is worse than Hitler, Nixon and Clinton combined. The damage to America by Obama is unprecedented.
-Geaux
Wow! Are you so deluded that you actually believe this shit you typed in?

I think that Obama is worse than Hitler, Nixon and Clinton combined. The damage to America by Obama is unprecedented.
-Geaux
Wow! Are you so deluded that you actually believe this shit you typed in?

Of course I and many, many other feel the same. Now that Moochelle is finally proud of America, we have traded places

BTW- Taxi 25R and conduct a VOR test, you're out of calibration

-Geaux

The economy is STILL on life support, our enemies no longer fear us and our allies no longer trust us. And the left wing thinks more of the same will fix things.

Trump exists because the US has turned into a fat, lazy doughboy that gets rolled at the park and fleeced by anyone that wants in on the action. I don't like many things about him but the fact is a lot of Americans are tired of the direction we've been headed and are willing to put someone like Trump at the helm because we are close to running aground.

You're using historical data pre-Obama. He did fundamentally change America in such a way there is no precedent or other data that could be used in your assessment. I think that Obama is worse than Hitler, Nixon and Clinton combined. The damage to America by Obama is unprecedented.

-Geaux

That's funny, because I cannot for the life of me think how I could disagree more. Short of bringing the idea of universal healthcare to the fore (which works for pretty much the whole of the rest of the civilized world) he hasn't changed a damn thing. I'm hoping that Trump will do the same, talk a lot of talk and do nothing just like his predecessor.

This should be his theme song:

You hit the nail on the head.

There is background piece assumed but not covered in my OP and that is the part conservative media has played in the creation of Donald Trump's rise to prominence. The words of Limbaugh, Fox talking heads, conservative journals, and conservative think tanks all contributed to Donald's rise. The ingredients noted above are part of their repertoire and have been used so often they have become the backdrop of all conversation and writings.

I found it interesting that another writer used the word 'savior.'

"But how did Trump come to be a savior?"

David Livingstone Smith: How Trump sells salvation

"Trump understands far more clearly than any of his competitors that politicians are salvation peddlers, and he uses that insight to great effect.... I doubt that this is deliberate or calculated. Rather, it seems more like a salesman’s gut understanding of human psychology. And it’s because he successfully positions himself as a savior that those who are hooked on Trump are prepared to turn a blind eye to his shortcomings, incoherencies, and his uneasy relationship with reality."

"Politifact, which has rated nearly 100 Trump statements, rates 78% of them mostly false, false or “pants on fire” — their highest (or lowest) rating."

and again, what do you base that on, other than your own freaking out that there's a negro in the White House?

I think the last 8 years have been rough economically because the crash of 2008 was as bad as it was. That's really not on Obama. Should he have done more? Maybe. Would the GOP have let him? They said they would block him at every turn and they've tried.

But the idea that America is somehow "different" is silly. The real problem is, we are exactly the same as we were pre-Crash. The real problem with Obama is that he hasn't been a transformative figure in ways either the right or the left has claimed.

and again, what do you base that on, other than your own freaking out that there's a negro in the White House?

I think the last 8 years have been rough economically because the crash of 2008 was as bad as it was. That's really not on Obama. Should he have done more? Maybe. Would the GOP have let him? They said they would block him at every turn and they've tried.

But the idea that America is somehow "different" is silly. The real problem is, we are exactly the same as we were pre-Crash. The real problem with Obama is that he hasn't been a transformative figure in ways either the right or the left has claimed.
The republicans gave Obama everything he wanted. He owns the failing economy.

it's coded but the only ones who can decide this are the liars on the left.

it just never stops with the commies and hate propaganda they spread

The republicans gave Obama everything he wanted. He owns the failing economy.
Yep. No obstruction on the part of the pubes that's for sure. They gave him everything he asked for.

:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

I used to think you idiots just typed this shit in to try to get a rise out of sane people, but I have come to the conclusion that you morons actually believe this shit you type in.

Forum List

Back