Major Terror Attack On The Uk

taff said:
Theres a news conference in 5 mins.I saw the story also on cnn so you can follow it there.

What exactly is happening....more Islamist BS...or overreaction on the part of the API etc?

More info coming in but still in the early stages.2 bomb disposal units have just travelled into the cordon.I suppose you have to remember it is a sat night with a lot of drunks who could have called in a hoax.But then that is only my opinion and nothing official.

30,000 people evacuated from birmingham city centre.Precautionary measure by police after recieving intelligence.Series of controlled explosions are taking place.

taff said:
30,000 people evacuated from birmingham city centre.Precautionary measure by police after recieving intelligence.Series of controlled explosions are taking place.

Does this mean IED's were found?...if so y'all had better start kicking ass and taking names...can't carry on when the enemy is on the attack...dust off the rusting nukes is what I say...bye bye Mecca and Medina...! :blowup:

theim said:
Avatar, before you waist anymore time typing up long, impeccably phrased replies to moonbats like this one, I would ask one question to you:

Do you really get the feeling, from Gabby's posts, that she actually wants the US to win the war?

Nope, I get the feeling she would probably just prefer to make herself feel better by pretending she cares and pretending she is doing something. But just because she doesnt doesnt mean there arent others reading.

One of the controlled explosions was on a package left on a double decker bus.They havent explained the others yet.Broadened the cordon as well now moving into other areas.
Im not sure if your familliar with the phrase controlled explosion.Its when the bomb squad takes no chances with the suspect package they are dealing with .They send in a remote unit and fires a pound of semtex into the package to trigger an explosion whist the area is cordoned of and there is no threat to the public.

taff said:
One of the controlled explosions was on a package left on a double decker bus.They havent explained the others yet.Broadened the cordon as well now moving into other areas.
Im not sure if your familliar with the phrase controlled explosion.Its when the bomb squad takes no chances with the suspect package they are dealing with .They send in a remote unit and fires a pound of semtex into the package to trigger an explosion whist the area is cordoned of and there is no threat to the public.

very familiar as I was a veteran of Vn and spent a career in Federal as well as local Law Enforcement....I was asking if there was evidence and a actual IED vs suspicion...a big difference...sorry for the confusion!

archangel said:
very familiar as I was a veteran of Vn and spent a career in Federal as well as local Law Enforcement....I was asking if there was evidence and a actual IED vs suspicion...a big difference...sorry for the confusion!
Still ongoing.No IEDs confirmed yet.The police have thrown up a cordon on the main ring road in the city centre and its all happening in the city centre so having to wait for updates from the police.They seem to be blowing up anything suspicious and their still asking the public to repoet anything suspicious.Seems like their searching for something.Supposedly acting on some form of intelligence.

taff said:
Just read on sky news teletext here in the UK that a mosque was torched tonight in Leeds, west yorkshire and has heightened fears of a backlash against the muslim community over the London bombings.

Why has this "heightened fears of a backlash against the Muslim community"? Very probably this attack against London was generated in those local mosques and was carried out by people who attend them. Londoners should have the right to burn down every damn mosque in the city, and I would hope that they would. Why on earth would a people who have been attacked by Muslims fear a "backlash" against their attackers? Maybe if the Muslim mosques were destroyed in retaliation, the nonviolent Muslims would get up the courage to stand up and speak out against this senseless and uncalled for violence. Something sure does need to light a fire under them, unless they tacitly support the actions of their radical element, which could be the reality. So again my question: why the fears about a backlash against the Muslim community?

OCA said:
Well unfortunately this will amp up public support for removal of British troops from Iraq which was high before this attack. The Brits today are not the Brits of WWII. Just got offline with a guy I know in London, he and others are still in that fantasy world that this is a result of their relationship with us.

I am afraid that you may be right about support for Iraq, but this doesn't really surprise me about London. We were there about a year ago, and it was really striking how far you can go and see all sorts of other ethnic groups before seeing an Englishman. This has to have an effect on how Londoners think and act.

The outlying counties we visited are quite different, though. :beer:

spillmind said:
um. yeah dude. sorry i ain't buying that.

if you went in there and leveled the country of iraq, it wouldn't be libs coming down on your head. it would be the whole world.

And I care about "the whole world's opinion" WHY? And WHAT "whole world"? The UN? Fwance?

Quit being dishonest. I did not suggest levelling Iraq, did I?

You've declared victory in another post, while I have seen NOTHING from you but unsupported rhetoric. What have you dispelled? You say there are "other ways," well let's have a look at them.

And feel free to skip the one where we go ask them nicely to stop .........

Adam's Apple said:
Why has this "heightened fears of a backlash against the Muslim community"? Very probably this attack against London was generated in those local mosques and was carried out by people who attend them. Londoners should have the right to burn down every damn mosque in the city, and I would hope that they would. Why on earth would a people who have been attacked by Muslims fear a "backlash" against their attackers? Maybe if the Muslim mosques were destroyed in retaliation, the nonviolent Muslims would get up the courage to stand up and speak out against this senseless and uncalled for violence. Something sure does need to light a fire under them, unless they tacitly support the actions of their radical element, which could be the reality. So again my question: why the fears about a backlash against the Muslim community?
I thought it was obvious.Not all muslims are guilty so we shouldnt treat them all like they are.IF the extremists are found however i would like to see capital punishment reintroduced to Britain.

Abbey Normal said:
I am afraid that you may be right about support for Iraq, but this doesn't really surprise me about London. We were there about a year ago, and it was really striking how far you can go and see all sorts of other ethnic groups before seeing an Englishman. This has to have an effect on how Londoners think and act.

The outlying counties we visited are quite different, though. :beer:
Have to agree myself here.Starting to call it Londonistan ourselves.I would always advise anybody visiting Britain to take a detour around London.I lived there for a while and always looked forward to friday afternoons so i could return home to Wales for the weekend.The best place i have been to so far in Britain is Edinborough in Scotland.Fantastic place to go.

Why would President Bush realize that his hateful policies and actions in the middle east led to this terrorist attack? He doesnt have hateful policies to begin with and he seems to be one of the few world leaders who is actually willing to stand up and fight these monsters.

The terrorists have been attacking us long before President Bush started his effort to change the world. Heck they started before he was even President. Our previous President refused to stand up to them. Which made them bolder. The spanish turned around and fled after the 311 bombing. What do you think that told the terrorists? It told them if they use terrorism they will win.

If anyone other than the terrorists should be blamed for causing these attacks its those on the left who refuse to unite and make a strong front against them. The only action the left wants to do is run away from the terrorists. Guess what. That means they win. If they win that means they will continue their attacks until we are dead.

We didn't start the war on terror, but we are sure as hell going to finish it. Running away from them, pulling out of Iraq or even the entire middle east wont end the war on terror. It will continue whether we fight them or not. And if we dont fight them we will be oppressed or dead. That is a Guaruntee. The only way to peace is through victory. Why is that so hard to understand for you people?

:bow2:

Forum List

Back