Major Terror Attack On The Uk

Comrade

Jan 9, 2004
Seattle, WA.
I'm just getting caught up with the breaking news.

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20050707/D8B6FM080.html

LONDON (AP) - An explosion destroyed a double-decker bus in central London during rush hour Thursday, police said, and several blasts also went off on the London subway. There were reports of casualties.

People covered in blood stumbled out of the subway, and a witness said the entire top deck of the bus was destroyed.

"I was on the bus in front and heard an incredible bang, I turned round and half the double decker bus was in the air," Belinda Seabrook told Press Association, the British news agency.

She said the bus was packed with people.

"It was a massive explosion and there were papers and half a bus flying through the air," she said.

Officials shut down the entire underground network after the explosions. Initial reports blamed a power surge, but officials were not ruling out an intentional attack.

The attacks came a day after London was awarded the 2012 Olympics and as the G-8 summit was getting underway in Scotland.

One witness, Darren Hall, said some passengers emerging from an evacuated subway station and that some passengers had soot and blood on their faces. He told BBC TV that he was evacuated along with others near the major King's Cross station and only afterward heard a blast.

Folks, we're looking at our fellow brothers in arms own 9-11. I'm stunned. I'm also in heartfelt unity with our closest ally, the British. :salute:

The total at the moment stands at three double decker Bus attacks, and three seperate subway attacks, obviously a planned and timed attempt by a major organization. Another attack just happened in the Russel Square as I write this update. This is crazy ass news. Is anyone else up this hour?

There are only two perpetrators possible in my mind... fanatic anti-capitalists or fanatic Islamic extremists. Or an unholy combination of both, plus a sprinking of extreme rightist anti-zionist organations.

I am up....and can't believe this!

I suppose now we'll be hearing that the Brits brought this on themselves....

I do think it's about time we got real serious about dealing with the Arab/Muslim piece of the planet. I know it is presumptuous of me to think the fanatical Islamic regime had anything to do with it....any one want to put money on it?

Tony Blair was just on to give a public statement. His speech was outstanding. There are now perhaps 9 total attacks. And confirmed deaths now standing at '2' is no doubt something which will be only a fraction of the final tally. I find nothing to gloat about over the other UK trolls who I've argued with online before about this inevitable threat to our unified culture. I just want every person on that island to know the full force of the USA stands behind them, and that our traditional ties go deep.

Comrade said:
Tony Blair was just on to give a public statement. His speech was outstanding. There are now perhaps 9 total attacks. And confirmed deaths now standing at '2' is no doubt something which will be only a fraction of the final tally. I find nothing to gloat about over the other UK trolls who I've argued with online before about this inevitable threat to our unified culture. I just want every person on that island to know the full force of the USA stands behind them, and that our traditional ties go deep.
No question we need to support the UK just as they have been supporting us.

Do you think this will be a wake-up call to Europe about the reality of terrorism, or do you think they will just go on thinking that if you appease these guys and give them no trouble, they will leave you alone?

If you are commuting in Washington DC this morning, FYI:

http://corner.nationalreview.com/05_07_03_corner-archive.asp#068632

REPORT FROM THE DC METRO [Michael Graham]
Just saw the police searching city buses at the Metro system station near my radio station. Squad cars with lights running are parked by several Metro stations and the DC police have announced that commuters this morning will see lots of bomb-sniffing dogs and officers with machine guns.

Coordinated attacks mean just that, and DC cops are taking that possibility very seriously.

I wouldn't let that stop me from going to work, though.

Adam's Apple said:
Do you think this will be a wake-up call to Europe about the reality of terrorism, or do you think they will just go on thinking that if you appease these guys and give them no trouble, they will leave you alone?

I honestly think the rest of Europe will shake their collective heads and say "See what happens when you support the United States???? If the UK had been more like us (France, Germany, Spain, et al) they wouldn't be having this problem!"

I surely hope not, that would mean the bulk of the people in these countries lack any common sense. Especially those in Spain, who've already been subject to an attack and already must know the shame of being a coward instead of defiant in the face of an attack.

I feel the mettle of Britain is much stronger than those of our other estewhile allies. I can already feel that from Blairs first speech. The man will truly rally the majority of Britain behind the war on terror, like Bush did with America.

Sky News is first to report that at least one of the attacks on the double decker buses was from a suicide bomber.

ROPMA.

CSM said:
I honestly think the rest of Europe will shake their collective heads and say "See what happens when you support the United States???? If the UK had been more like us (France, Germany, Spain, et al) they wouldn't be having this problem!"

Wouldn't surprise me at all. I am sure that's exactly the position the libs in this country will take on this newest terror outrage, except it will be "See, if we hadn't attacked Iraq, none of this would have happened." Yeah, sure, dream on.

• Thanks
Reactions: CSM
I think the Libs will suffer immensely for this. There are many British who have been on the fence over the whole idea that the threat from foreign or domestic Muslim Extremism doesn't really merit the kind of unified national effort against it. This will swing the entire country into a pro-war stance in the next election, just like it did for the Conservative party in America. Why? Because there are very few free, Liberal Democracies which will rally behind the flag upon being attacked, but the British are certainly one of them.

More news: An immediate Isreali intelligence warning now reported by the media in the UK will no doubt alert the conspiracy theorists on the left to spin this for the next ten years, at least. God save us from the endless Zionist spin from the left undoubtable arising from this incident in the future, because it's coming, folks.

I am waiting to see who claims responsibility.....maybe no one will. On the other hand, maybe it wasnn't terrorism...maybe...just maybe....the explosions are a result of global warming.

Al Arabia and an Italian news agency have both confirmed that Al-Qauda has claimed responsibility for the bombings.

Comrade said:
I think the Libs will suffer immensely for this. There are many British who have been on the fence over the whole idea that the threat from foreign or domestic Muslim Extremism doesn't really merit the kind of unified national effort against it. This will swing the entire country into a pro-war stance in the next election, just like it did for the Conservative party in America. Why? Because there are very few free, Liberal Democracies which will rally behind the flag upon being attacked, but the British are certainly one of them.

More news: An immediate Isreali intelligence warning now reported by the media in the UK will no doubt alert the conspiracy theorists on the left to spin this for the next ten years, at least. God save us from the endless Zionist spin from the left undoubtable arising from this incident in the future, because it's coming, folks.
Yep, and they'll work "Bush did it" in there too.

Mr. P said:
Yep, and they'll work "Bush did it" in there too.

They already have:

http://www.democraticunderground.co...sg&forum=102&topic_id=1609487&mesg_id=1609487

Cascadian (1000+ posts) Thu Jul-07-05 07:13 AM
Response to Original message
26. The British people must pressure Blair to bring the UK troops home.
These attacks were clearly the result of Blair's willingness to take part in Bush's war in Iraq. What happened in Madrid last year has happened again in London today. I hope people in Britain take the opportunity to bring pressure to Blair's government and bring their troops home from Iraq. If he does not, then Labour should make an effort to remove him from 10 Downing Street.

The f*ckers make me sick.

I guess the United States and the UK should now surrender to the Islamic fanatics....gosh, the latest series of bombings sure make me want to run right out and embrace Islam!

Forum List

Back