Macy’s Closing 68 Stores, cutting 10,000 Jobs. Thanks Trump

Mexico is blaming Trump for their job losses. Are they wrong?
Ask russia

Sure thing.

Russia, Mexico is blaming Trump for their job losses. Are they wrong? Thanks in advance.
It's all theater. And the companies are coming back or staying because of uge tax breaks. Who's going to make up for those tax losses?

I hope the GOP cut the government in half. That will save us bigly.

And how much do those jobs pay? I hope well. I'm rooting for trump relax.

I guess if he’s getting credit for everything good that happens in our economy, he should logically get blame for everything bad. Right?

cnn.com

Amazon.com probably has more to do with it than Trump

I have no idea how any stores are surviving. It's just to easy to order online.

This past Christmas someone in my family wanted a certain sweater from Talbots. I actually drove to the store and when I arrived the salesperson had never seen what I was looking for. I had to drive back home and order it from Talbot online. It arrived a few days later in time for Christmas.

As for the politics, anyone blaming Trump for this is an ignorant, partisan hack.

And those crediting him for other things nearly a month before taking office are ignorant, partisan hacks as well.

Hence the point of the thread.

I guess if he’s getting credit for everything good that happens in our economy, he should logically get blame for everything bad. Right?

cnn.com

And the improving economy has more to do with Ford’s decision than some sort of Star Wars like Jedi mind trick Trump has pulled. Just leveling the playing field.

cnn.com

And the improving economy has more to do with Ford’s decision than some sort of Star Wars like Jedi mind trick Trump has pulled. Just leveling the playing field.
You think now that Republicans won they could admit Obama did a hell of a job despite them.

So I guess the moral of the story is that Trump supporters will give him credit for positive things but no blame for negative outcomes while Obama gets only the blame and none of the credit.

Pretty much the case?

It's too bad our resident umpire isn't here to make his famous "bullshit call"....gee; wonder why?????

:dunno:
So I guess the moral of the story is that Trump supporters will give him credit for positive things but no blame for negative outcomes while Obama gets only the blame and none of the credit.

Pretty much the case?

It's too bad our resident umpire isn't here to make his famous "bullshit call"....gee; wonder why?????

Steeeeeee... Rike 1.

We can have this conversation when he becomes President.

The point is that he’s getting credit when he’s not President…

If you’re going to get the credit, you deserve the blame as well.

Pretty much the case?

Pretty much the case?

Steeeeeee... Rike 1.

Why do you ignore the fact that the companies themselves gave him credit?

cnn.com

And the fact Macy is high end and most Americans don't have that kind of scratch.

Who buys clothes thru Amazon? You got to try it on.

Ive bought really nice work pants, shirts and Jackets on Amazon. never had a problem yet. I'm sure you can buy other clothes as well. Stores never have my H- waist ratio so its easier to look at the styles at the store, then go home and buy online

cnn.com

But Ubercunt will never be President
Chew on that for a while :boobies:

According to the Ford CEO of the time, the GM bailout saved the US auto industry because suppliers of components would have went bankrupt thus effecting the entire industry.

"Mulally, Dec. 5, 2008: In particular, the collapse of one or both of our domestic competitors would threaten Ford because we have 80 percent overlap in supplier networks and nearly 25 percent of Ford’s top dealers also own GM and Chrysler franchises"

Ford Motor Co. Does U-turn on Bailouts - FactCheck.org

So Any expansion Ford is making should be credited to Obama. Right? Right. Thanks for clearing that up.

Now move those goalposts.

Right. What DumBama did seven years ago has something to do with what's happening today.

And no, if there was no bailout, the companies would have to file for bankruptcy and a court would have determined what they needed to do. They would have survived just fine. Even if they didn't and had to close down, it would have benefited their competitors since people would not stop buying cars just because one company doesn't make them anymore.

But as I stated, if you are to credit somebody with failure or success, you have to provide evidence of their participation for the results:

"Ford CEO Mark Fields said the investment is a "vote of confidence" in the pro-business environment being created by Donald Trump. However, he stressed Ford did not do any sort of special deal with the president-elect."

Ford cancels Mexico plant, will create 700 U.S. jobs in ‘vote of confidence’ in Trump

Too damn funny.
What the CEO said positive about Obama's means zilch.
What the CEO said positive about Trump's doing zilch means everything.

This is why you guys get tagged with being racist... that is the only thing it can be at this point.

Yes, that must be it. It can't be disagreement. It can't be objection to policies. It can't be the debt. It can't be Commie Care or the multiple terrorist attacks in this country.

It must be racism.

In this case....yes.
The CEO of Ford says X and you guys boo because it gives Credit to Obama
The CEO of Ford says Y and you guys cheer because it gives Credit to Trump

It's the classic double standard.
You democrats: Ford builds plant in and ships jobs to Mexico

Us republicans: Ford abandons plants in Mexico and keeps jobs in America.....

You know Ford have 26 plants in US and 4 in Mexico....

One Plant in US has more employees than the whole of Mexico's Plants....

That is 48% of its total work force...

So while they have some jobs abroad they are not a NIKE or Walmart...

cnn.com

And the fact Macy is high end and most Americans don't have that kind of scratch.

Macy’s is high end?
Isn't it?

Is it Sears or JC Penny? Maybe it's not nordstum but what would be a high end? Is Lord and Taylor? Hudson?

Right. What DumBama did seven years ago has something to do with what's happening today.

And no, if there was no bailout, the companies would have to file for bankruptcy and a court would have determined what they needed to do. They would have survived just fine. Even if they didn't and had to close down, it would have benefited their competitors since people would not stop buying cars just because one company doesn't make them anymore.

But as I stated, if you are to credit somebody with failure or success, you have to provide evidence of their participation for the results:

"Ford CEO Mark Fields said the investment is a "vote of confidence" in the pro-business environment being created by Donald Trump. However, he stressed Ford did not do any sort of special deal with the president-elect."

Ford cancels Mexico plant, will create 700 U.S. jobs in ‘vote of confidence’ in Trump

Too damn funny.
What the CEO said positive about Obama's means zilch.
What the CEO said positive about Trump's doing zilch means everything.

This is why you guys get tagged with being racist... that is the only thing it can be at this point.

Yes, that must be it. It can't be disagreement. It can't be objection to policies. It can't be the debt. It can't be Commie Care or the multiple terrorist attacks in this country.

It must be racism.

In this case....yes.
The CEO of Ford says X and you guys boo because it gives Credit to Obama
The CEO of Ford says Y and you guys cheer because it gives Credit to Trump

It's the classic double standard.
You democrats: Ford builds plant in and ships jobs to Mexico

Us republicans: Ford abandons plants in Mexico and keeps jobs in America.....

You know Ford have 26 plants in US and 4 in Mexico....

One Plant in US has more employees than the whole of Mexico's Plants....

That is 48% of its total work force...

So while they have some jobs abroad they are not a NIKE or Walmart...
Owebo doesn't like Ford jobs they pay too well. Bet he'd love to break those unions and cut their pay

Pretty much the case?

Pretty much the case?

Steeeeeee... Rike 1.

A “vote of confidence” is great. Its also pretty worthless without follow through. And it will probably mean that the end product will be higher priced than it would have otherwise. Oh well, “wages are too high” according to Mr. Trump. But in and of itself…I’ll agree. I’m pretty sure that if the economy were not improving, such a “vote” would not have been made. Or Maybe it’s because when Obama bailed out GM, the person in the same position, the CEO of Ford said that if there was no bail out, it would have threatened Ford.
I seem to recall you guys giving Mr. Obama zero credit for that. Or the $5.9B that Ford took from the same Federal Government to re-vamp their plaints (that they still haven’t paid back).

cnn.com

Ive bought really nice work pants, shirts and Jackets on Amazon. never had a problem yet. I'm sure you can buy other clothes as well. Stores never have my H- waist ratio so its easier to look at the styles at the store, then go home and buy online

If you like the “Red Cap” brand of work shirts and pants, I have a store you can get them real cheap. Let me know and I’ll PM you.

Pretty much the case?

Pretty much the case?

Steeeeeee... Rike 1.

A “vote of confidence” is great. Its also pretty worthless without follow through. And it will probably mean that the end product will be higher priced than it would have otherwise. Oh well, “wages are too high” according to Mr. Trump. But in and of itself…I’ll agree. I’m pretty sure that if the economy were not improving, such a “vote” would not have been made. Or Maybe it’s because when Obama bailed out GM, the person in the same position, the CEO of Ford said that if there was no bail out, it would have threatened Ford.
I seem to recall you guys giving Mr. Obama zero credit for that. Or the $5.9B that Ford took from the same Federal Government to re-vamp their plaints (that they still haven’t paid back).

“wages are too high”...Please don't quote out of context.

Forum List

Back