Macy’s Closing 68 Stores, cutting 10,000 Jobs. Thanks Trump

So I guess the moral of the story is that Trump supporters will give him credit for positive things but no blame for negative outcomes while Obama gets only the blame and none of the credit.

Pretty much the case?

It's too bad our resident umpire isn't here to make his famous "bullshit call"....gee; wonder why?????

:dunno:
So I guess the moral of the story is that Trump supporters will give him credit for positive things but no blame for negative outcomes while Obama gets only the blame and none of the credit.

Pretty much the case?

It's too bad our resident umpire isn't here to make his famous "bullshit call"....gee; wonder why?????

Steeeeeee... Rike 1.

We can have this conversation when he becomes President.

The point is that he’s getting credit when he’s not President…

If you’re going to get the credit, you deserve the blame as well.
Why do you ignore the fact that the companies themselves gave him credit?

A “vote of confidence” is great. Its also pretty worthless without follow through. And it will probably mean that the end product will be higher priced than it would have otherwise. Oh well, “wages are too high” according to Mr. Trump. But in and of itself…I’ll agree. I’m pretty sure that if the economy were not improving, such a “vote” would not have been made. Or Maybe it’s because when Obama bailed out GM, the person in the same position, the CEO of Ford said that if there was no bail out, it would have threatened Ford.
I seem to recall you guys giving Mr. Obama zero credit for that. Or the $5.9B that Ford took from the same Federal Government to re-vamp their plaints (that they still haven’t paid back).

“wages are too high”...Please don't quote out of context.

What context was that said in?

Steeeeeee... Rike 1.

A “vote of confidence” is great. Its also pretty worthless without follow through. And it will probably mean that the end product will be higher priced than it would have otherwise. Oh well, “wages are too high” according to Mr. Trump. But in and of itself…I’ll agree. I’m pretty sure that if the economy were not improving, such a “vote” would not have been made. Or Maybe it’s because when Obama bailed out GM, the person in the same position, the CEO of Ford said that if there was no bail out, it would have threatened Ford.
I seem to recall you guys giving Mr. Obama zero credit for that. Or the $5.9B that Ford took from the same Federal Government to re-vamp their plaints (that they still haven’t paid back).

You REALLY mean you don't know even though I told you MONTHS ago?
Trump was saying that compared to China's slave wages, US wages are too high and that's why we have to create a level playing field with China.

Pretty much the case?

Pretty much the case?

Steeeeeee... Rike 1.

Ford didn't get bailed out. They got a massive loan so they didn't end up like GM. But those places were failing. Big difference. Not to mention gm cist us 11 billion and they invested overseas. We got fucked

I guess if he’s getting credit for everything good that happens in our economy, he should logically get blame for everything bad. Right?

cnn.com

Amazon.com probably has more to do with it than Trump
And the fact Macy is high end and most Americans don't have that kind of scratch.

Who buys clothes thru Amazon? You got to try it on.

Ive bought really nice work pants, shirts and Jackets on Amazon. never had a problem yet. I'm sure you can buy other clothes as well. Stores never have my H- waist ratio so its easier to look at the styles at the store, then go home and buy online

If you like the “Red Cap” brand of work shirts and pants, I have a store you can get them real cheap. Let me know and I’ll PM you.

go ahead and send me , ill take a look at it. I usually buy Carhart brand which is a little pricey but I like the Rip-stop material in the work pants. thanks

Pretty much the case?

Pretty much the case?

Steeeeeee... Rike 1.

Ford didn't get bailed out. They got a massive loan so they didn't end up like GM. But those places were failing. Big difference. Not to mention gm cist us 11 billion and they invested overseas. We got fucked

Both took "massive" money from the government. Sounds like a bail out from me. I'll leave the double standards and other rationalization up to you.

BTW...I need you to reveal the new avatar and see if it will fly.

Trump was saying that compared to China's slave wages, US wages are too high and that's why we have to create a level playing field with China.

Thanks... What he is saying is that in the US, "wages are too high" or did he say that we're going to somehow force China to pay their workers more????

Thanks... What he is saying is that in the US, "wages are too high" or did he say that we're going to somehow force China to pay their workers more????
Trump said we're going to somehow force China to pay their workers more.

Macy's, Sears and K-Mart weren't closing stores until Trump won

Steeeeeee... Rike 1.

Both took "massive" money from the government. Sounds like a bail out from me. I'll leave the double standards and other rationalization up to you.

Then you don't even understand what the bailout was..
Its not double standards. Its apples and oranges.

he said good bye to someone today

f5c80h.jpg

Trump said we're going to somehow force China to pay their workers more.

I'm sure we're all waiting to see that happen.

Hey, I underestimated him for over a year...and lost each time. Maybe he can pull a Jedi mind-trick.

Tax money went to a US Auto Maker. In both cases. Neither has been totally paid back.
Those are the facts; now back to your spin.

Tax money went to a US Auto Maker. In both cases. Neither has been totally paid back.
Those are the facts; now back to your spin.
There is no spin candy. The bailout was to keep those companies from bankruptcy so they could restart in the new market. People stopped buying gas giuzzlers and they were fucked. Ford wasn't fucked, but they and our govt knew they would so they gave them a loan. A bailout is something TOTALLY different.
But its ok. I used to argue from your ignorant standpoint as well. Untill I researched more...
Obama said last year Ford has paid back their money. GM paid theirs back too. We just lost billions of dollars when we sold their stocks. And all we got for that loss was them investing overseas..
Google it if you don't believe me.

I have no idea how any stores are surviving. It's just to easy to order online.

This past Christmas someone in my family wanted a certain sweater from Talbots. I actually drove to the store and when I arrived the salesperson had never seen what I was looking for. I had to drive back home and order it from Talbot online. It arrived a few days later in time for Christmas.

As for the politics, anyone blaming Trump for this is an ignorant, partisan hack.

And those crediting him for other things nearly a month before taking office are ignorant, partisan hacks as well.

Hence the point of the thread.

The companies deciding to stay in the US are crediting Trump as well. But Macy's issues are clearly not Trump's fault. They didn't just start losing business in November of 2016. smh

I have no idea how any stores are surviving. It's just to easy to order online.

This past Christmas someone in my family wanted a certain sweater from Talbots. I actually drove to the store and when I arrived the salesperson had never seen what I was looking for. I had to drive back home and order it from Talbot online. It arrived a few days later in time for Christmas.

As for the politics, anyone blaming Trump for this is an ignorant, partisan hack.

And those crediting him for other things nearly a month before taking office are ignorant, partisan hacks as well.

Hence the point of the thread.

The companies deciding to stay in the US are crediting Trump as well. But Macy's issues are clearly not Trump's fault. They didn't just start losing business in November of 2016. smh

So again, the double standard applies. Thanks.

Department stores have been dying for at least 2-3 decades. There used to be hundreds of May Company, Dayton's and Marshall Fields department stores but the Walmart's and Target's of the world took away their customers. This all coincided with the flat wage growth that has been going for over three decades. People just couldn't afford to shop department stores anymore.
Online shopping was the final nail for department stores.
I buy a lot of things online, except clothing. I still want good fits and good fabrics, I don't want to wear cheap clothing, no way.

Forum List

Back