M.I.T. Professor: CO2 has little impact on global temperature changes

Yet ... these ten "warmest years" during the last 50 years fits fine in the 100 year cycle but comes nowhere near the warmest in the last million years ... and in no way comparable to the last billion year records ... strange huh? Post that chart you had with the sine wave of records again ... dare you.

I just exhaled a little CO2, you think I should of trapped it in a bag made from petroleum and hid it in the bottom of a dark closet.

environuts are the biggest polluters on earth, they actually produce more things they think will save them, like solar power, yep, making solar makes C02, they did not have to make a solar panel, they already have a source for power, so the environuts make pollution that they could of avoided, that they did not need, and they say we are the problem

environuts

Yet ... these ten "warmest years" during the last 50 years fits fine in the 100 year cycle but comes nowhere near the warmest in the last million years ... and in no way comparable to the last billion year records ... strange huh? Post that chart you had with the sine wave of records again ... dare you.

Its facts like that which make me doubt any changes in the climate are due to man.

I still say pollution is bad and we should do all we can to reduce any pollution we can.

Sorry, but since we can pick and choose which science we use and what we can ignore, and which scientists we trust ... I choose ... Midnight's scientists. All of those who say global warming is human made are full of shit, every single one of them, and their science doesn't exist.

And that's what the debate seems to be boiling down to. Republicans have "chosen" a reality. Once they decide "This is the truth", there is no evidence they will ever accept.

Take Iraq for instance. Bush has publicly stated that "No one in our administration has ever linked Saddam to 9/11". You can watch him say it on Youtube. Yet, we invaded Iraq because the majority of the American people believed that Saddam had ties to al Qaeda and Bin Laden. Not because of WMDs. Remember North Korea has WMDs and they are on the end of missiles, yet we didn't invade them. Where did they get that idea about Saddam? Even today, the majority of Republicans still believe that Saddam had ties to 9/11, even after Bush publicly said no.

Once a Republican believes something, nothing will change that belief. These are people that believe Noah's Ark is a true historical event. They "pick and choose" information.

You see, in science, data and evidence is looked at and a hypothesis is created that fits the data and evidence. If the data and evidence change, the hypothesis changes. Republicans take this for scientists not being able to make up their minds.

Noah's Ark is a perfect example of Republican thinking. First, they believe it's a "true" story. Any evidence they think they find that confirms it, they latch onto, like the Grand Canyon. Then when evidence is presented that proves the Grand Canyon is hundreds of millions of years old and fossils found at the bottom are simple and become complex as you move upward through the layers of earth, that evidence is discarded. So, the existence of the Grand Canyon is "proof" of Noah's Ark, but the other evidence just "made up".

Do I have up summed up correctly? Where does my hypothesis fail?

It's based on bigotry and assumption.

I see. Then ol' Tom DeLay firmly believes in the scientific explanation of evolution, correct? And the creationists pushing the loopy agenda in the state of Kansas are not Republicans, correct?

You silly people have a history of only believing in science that confirms your world view. If it conflicts with your world view, then it is discarded, no matter how firm the evidence.

For about ten years I saw this same denial of facts and data on the boards that were argueing evolution versus creationism. When, finally, data from genetic research and the court decisions went totally against the purveyors of willful ignorance, they shut up.

In the next ten years, we will see the same for global waming. The problem is that by that time, we may have gone beyond the tipping point, if we have not already done so.

As the changes in climate cascade, then the same people that here so vehemetly deny the science will turn to the scientists and state "Why didn't you tell us about this?". And the Doodeees....., Elvis's will not be around, for they are just to fucking dumb to survive in a rough situation:lol:

I just exhaled a little CO2, you think I should of trapped it in a bag made from petroleum and hid it in the bottom of a dark closet.

environuts are the biggest polluters on earth, they actually produce more things they think will save them, like solar power, yep, making solar makes C02, they did not have to make a solar panel, they already have a source for power, so the environuts make pollution that they could of avoided, that they did not need, and they say we are the problem

environuts

Still a total idiot. How do you find your out of the bed in the morning?:eusa_whistle:

Forum List

Back