M.I.T. Professor: CO2 has little impact on global temperature changes

So, Midnight, you can quote a few scientists that disagree with the consensus. However, there are enough scientists, worldwide, that every Scientific Society, every National Academy of Science, and every major Univiversity in the world state that global warming is happening, is a clear and present danger, and that the GHGs emitted by mankind is the primary cause.

There is nearly as strong a consensus on global waming and it's cause as there is on evolution.

A few? He just quoted the tip of the iceberg. ... and you still ignored those completely. You didn't even read where they came from and who they are.

Oh, and the first evolutionary spike happened because of a global climate change.

Republicans are so funny. First, they don't even believe in science. Then, they use differing opinions among scientists to "prove" that this the one or that one is "wrong".

Then,

They insist scientists only work to get "grant" money. When the truth is, scientists make money in all kinds of ways. Like inventing "computers" and "medicines".

And look at what they use that money on. Inventing computers and medicine.

Suppose that it was all a "scam" and they wanted money. What would they use it on? Fantasy trips to the Bahamas? I suspect no. Considering that it takes years to become a scientist. Bernie Madoff became a scam artist in no time at all and he got a lot more money.

I believe they would use the money to make computer models of the existing weather patterns to try to figure out why we just had a tornado in Toronto or why our oceans are the warmest they have ever been.

Of course, Republicans don't have to worry. They have God. God will save us. Just like he saved us on 9/11. Oh wait, he "lifted his veil of protection" because of the gays and feminists.

Ha ha ha ho ho ho tee hee.
You're assuming all who oppose this scam are repugs. This makes you lazy, sloppy and ignorant.

Meanwhile, "science" is your god and your religion, the same as "god" is for the fundies of all other religions.

It matters not to them, or to you, if their whole religion is a lie.

Last edited:
there are enough scientists, worldwide, that every Scientific Society, every National Academy of Science, and every major Univiversity in the world state that global warming is happening,
Shouldn't be too tough then, for you to post "a few" quotes from them.

there are enough scientists, worldwide, that every Scientific Society, every National Academy of Science, and every major Univiversity in the world state that global warming is happening,

My, my, how long do you have to read?

AGU Position Statement: Human Impacts on Climate

AGU Position Statement
Human Impacts on Climate
Adopted by Council December 2003
Revised and Reaffirmed December 2007

The Earth's climate is now clearly out of balance and is warming. Many components of the climate system—including the temperatures of the atmosphere, land and ocean, the extent of sea ice and mountain glaciers, the sea level, the distribution of precipitation, and the length of seasons—are now changing at rates and in patterns that are not natural and are best explained by the increased atmospheric abundances of greenhouse gases and aerosols generated by human activity during the 20th century. Global average surface temperatures increased on average by about 0.6°C over the period 1956–2006. As of 2006, eleven of the previous twelve years were warmer than any others since 1850. The observed rapid retreat of Arctic sea ice is expected to continue and lead to the disappearance of summertime ice within this century. Evidence from most oceans and all continents except Antarctica shows warming attributable to human activities. Recent changes in many physical and biological systems are linked with this regional climate change. A sustained research effort, involving many AGU members and summarized in the 2007 assessments of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, continues to improve our scientific understanding of the climate.

During recent millennia of relatively stable climate, civilization became established and populations have grown rapidly. In the next 50 years, even the lower limit of impending climate change—an additional global mean warming of 1°C above the last decade—is far beyond the range of climate variability experienced during the past thousand years and poses global problems in planning for and adapting to it. Warming greater than 2°C above 19th century levels is projected to be disruptive, reducing global agricultural productivity, causing widespread loss of biodiversity, and—if sustained over centuries—melting much of the Greenland ice sheet with ensuing rise in sea level of several meters. If this 2°C warming is to be avoided, then our net annual emissions of CO2 must be reduced by more than 50 percent within this century. With such projections, there are many sources of scientific uncertainty, but none are known that could make the impact of climate change inconsequential. Given the uncertainty in climate projections, there can be surprises that may cause more dramatic disruptions than anticipated from the most probable model projections

http://www.aaas.org/news/press_room/climate_change/mtg_200702/aaas_climate_statement.pdf

The scientific evidence is clear: global climate
change caused by human activities
is occurring now, and it is a growing
threat to society. Accumulating data from
across the globe reveal a wide array of
effects: rapidly melting glaciers, destabilization
of major ice sheets, increases in
extreme weather, rising sea level, shifts
in species ranges, and more. The pace of
change and the evidence of harm have
increased markedly over the last five
years. The time to control greenhouse
gas emissions is now.

NO quotes from actual scientists there. Not surprising. You too are intellectually lazy, sloppy and careless. These are three things required for belief in the AGW church. Ignorance and stupidity, which you also have in abundance, are bonuses.

I quoted and named more than 50 scientists who blow this stupid shit out of the water, and your reply is the same bullshit mantra from the Church. So, we add intellectual dishonesty to your resume' as well.

Republicans are so funny. First, they don't even believe in science. Then, they use differing opinions among scientists to "prove" that this the one or that one is "wrong".

Then,

They insist scientists only work to get "grant" money. When the truth is, scientists make money in all kinds of ways. Like inventing "computers" and "medicines".

Suppose that it was all a "scam" and they wanted money. What would they use it on? Fantasy trips to the Bahamas? I suspect no. Considering that it takes years to become a scientist. Bernie Madoff became a scam artist in no time at all and he got a lot more money.

I believe they would use the money to make computer models of the existing weather patterns to try to figure out why we just had a tornado in Toronto or why our oceans are the warmest they have ever been.

Of course, Republicans don't have to worry. They have God. God will save us. Just like he saved us on 9/11. Oh wait, he "lifted his veil of protection" because of the gays and feminists.

You're assuming all who oppose this scam are repugs. This makes you lazy, sloppy and ignorant.

Meanwhile, "science" is your god and your religion, the same as "god" is for the fundies of all other religions.

It matters not to them, or to you, if their whole religion is a lie.

Who said "all"? I suspect we can agree on "most".

http://www.nationalacademies.org/includes/G8Statement_Energy_07_May.pdf

Introduction
It is important that the 2007 G8 Summit is addressing
the linked issues of energy security and climate change.
These are defining issues of our time, and bring together
the themes of growth and responsibility in a way that
highlights our duties to future generations.
In 2005, the Academies issued a statement emphasising
that climate change was occurring and could be
attributed mostly to human activities, and calling for
efforts to tackle both the causes of climate change and
the inevitable consequences of past and unavoidable
future emissions. Since then the IPCC has published the
Working Group 1 part of the Summary for Policymakers
of its fourth assessment report, and further reports are
expected later this year from IPCC. Recent research
strongly reinforces our previous conclusions. It is
unequivocal that the climate is changing, and it is very
likely that this is predominantly caused by the increasing
human interference with the atmosphere. These changes
will transform the environmental conditions on Earth
unless counter-measures are taken.
Our present energy course is not sustainable. World
population is forecast to reach 9 billion by 2050, with
the most rapid growth in the poorest countries. Escalating
pressures on land will accelerate deforestation. Major
increases in demand for energy are inevitable as
economies around the world accelerate and peoples
justifiably seek to improve their living standards.
Responding to this demand while minimising further
climate change will need all the determination and
ingenuity we can muster.

Sorry, but since we can pick and choose which science we use and what we can ignore, and which scientists we trust ... I choose ... Midnight's scientists. All of those who say global warming is human made are full of shit, every single one of them, and their science doesn't exist.

NO quotes from actual scientists there. Not surprising. You too are intellectually lazy, sloppy and careless. These are three things required for belief in the AGW church. Ignorance and stupidity, which you also have in abundance, are bonuses.

I quoted and named more than 50 scientists who blow this stupid shit out of the water, and your reply is the same bullshit mantra from the Church. So, we add intellectual dishonesty to your resume' as well.

And you are an old fool. These societies are made up of scientists. They are the ones that establish policy of the society. They represent, each, tens of thousands to hundreds of thousands of scientists.

And if you want to push the issue, I can find geologists that disagree with plate tectonics. Probably be an overlap with the geologists that you listed.

The National Academy of Science of each nation represent the best of the scientists of that nation. And all have policy statements that state the evidence is unequivocal that we are the cause, through the use of fossil fuels, of the climatic changes that we are now witnessing.

And you are an old fool. These societies are made up of scientists. They are the ones that establish policy of the society. They represent, each, tens of thousands to hundreds of thousands of scientists.

And if you want to push the issue, I can find geologists that disagree with plate tectonics. Probably be an overlap with the geologists that you listed.

The National Academy of Science of each nation represent the best of the scientists of that nation. And all have policy statements that state the evidence is unequivocal that we are the cause, through the use of fossil fuels, of the climatic changes that we are now witnessing.

Since we can pick and choose which science is "valid" ... I choose to believe Midnight Marauder over you, so you fail.

Then,

Uh-huh....and the AGW cargo cultists all go around claiming that global politicians and bureaucrats are the salvation of man.

So far, none of the AGW debunkers on this thread are republicans, numbnuts.

Seeing as the USMB souvenir programs are not available yet, best you hang around and get a feel for the cast of characters before jumping on the flaming bag of poo again.

Last edited:

Since we can pick and choose which science is "valid" ... I choose to believe Midnight Marauder over you, so you fail.

How dare you question Al Gore's concubine in that manner? Shame on you.

Then,

Seeing as the USMB souvenir programs are available yet, best you hang around and get a feel for the cast of characters before jumping on the flaming bag of poo again.

Yep, don't kick ol' Dooooode....... the results smell bad.

blah blah blah blah blah.

Then,

Seeing as the USMB souvenir programs are available yet, best you hang around and get a feel for the cast of characters before jumping on the flaming bag of poo again.

Yep, don't kick ol' Dooooode....... the results smell bad.

so do your depends.

Sorry, but since we can pick and choose which science we use and what we can ignore, and which scientists we trust ... I choose ... Midnight's scientists. All of those who say global warming is human made are full of shit, every single one of them, and their science doesn't exist.

And that's what the debate seems to be boiling down to. Republicans have "chosen" a reality. Once they decide "This is the truth", there is no evidence they will ever accept.

Take Iraq for instance. Bush has publicly stated that "No one in our administration has ever linked Saddam to 9/11". You can watch him say it on Youtube. Yet, we invaded Iraq because the majority of the American people believed that Saddam had ties to al Qaeda and Bin Laden. Not because of WMDs. Remember North Korea has WMDs and they are on the end of missiles, yet we didn't invade them. Where did they get that idea about Saddam? Even today, the majority of Republicans still believe that Saddam had ties to 9/11, even after Bush publicly said no.

Once a Republican believes something, nothing will change that belief. These are people that believe Noah's Ark is a true historical event. They "pick and choose" information.

You see, in science, data and evidence is looked at and a hypothesis is created that fits the data and evidence. If the data and evidence change, the hypothesis changes. Republicans take this for scientists not being able to make up their minds.

Noah's Ark is a perfect example of Republican thinking. First, they believe it's a "true" story. Any evidence they think they find that confirms it, they latch onto, like the Grand Canyon. Then when evidence is presented that proves the Grand Canyon is hundreds of millions of years old and fossils found at the bottom are simple and become complex as you move upward through the layers of earth, that evidence is discarded. So, the existence of the Grand Canyon is "proof" of Noah's Ark, but the other evidence just "made up".

Do I have up summed up correctly? Where does my hypothesis fail?

Forum List

Back