CO2 Has Almost No Effect on Global Temperature, Says Leading Climate Scientist

excalibur

Diamond Member
Mar 19, 2015
Of course, this is true.

And if people truly believed that CO2 was this evil molecule they would be attacking China and India over those two nations building hundreds of coal-fired power plants and increasing their usage of coal.

Forget ‘settled’ science or ‘consensus’ – that is a political construct designed to quash debate in the interests of promoting a command-and-control Net Zero agenda. One of the great drivers of continual changes in the climate is heat exchange within both the atmosphere and the Earth’s surface. Current understanding of the entire picture is limited, and it seems the opportunity has been taken to fill this gap by blaming carbon dioxide almost entirely for the recent gentle warming. A new paper on the so-called ‘greenhouse’ effect highlights the vital role played by oceans and water vapour flows. CO2 is said to have “minimal effect” on the Earth’s temperature and climate.

The paper has been published by the Global Warming Policy Foundation (GWPF) and is written by meteorologist William Kininmonth, a former consultant to the World Meteorological Organisation’s Commission for Climatology and former head of the Australian Government’s National Climate Centre. Kininmonth argues that the oceans are the “vital inertial and thermal flywheels” of the climate system. If one wants to control climate, it will be necessary to control the oceans, he argues. “Efforts to decarbonise in the hope of affecting global temperatures will be in vain,” he adds.

In Kininmonth’s view, the recent warming is “probably simply the result of fluctuations in the ever-changing ocean circulation”. CO2 “must be recognised” as a very minor contributor to the observed warming, and one that is unlikely to prolong the warming trend beyond the peak generated by the natural oceanic oscillations, he notes. He explains that the main driver of global temperature is the movement of energy in water, both in the oceans and the atmosphere after evaporation.

Of course Kininmonth’s work will be largely ignored in the mainstream. The BBC will bin it, the Guardian might be tempted to run its usual in-house slur that bungs are being paid by BP; anyone publicising its conclusions runs the risk of woke corporations like PayPal suddenly withdrawing financial transactional services, while footling ‘fact checks’ will ensure black marks and warnings across social media. GWPF invited the Royal Society and the Met Office to review the Kininmonth paper, promising any response would be published as an appendix. “No reply was received,” noted the Foundation.

omg the climate change cult is going to be screaming blasphemy and heresy
ccerlfkjlkjlkjslj.jpg

"Paid propagandist comes up with some bad propaganda that he was paid very well to write. Film at 11."

William Kininmonth is a meteorologist with zero experience in climate science. I am much, much more informed about the topic than he is. If you're going to appeal to an authority, then at least appeal to a real authority.

Now, if any of the deniers here would like to state the "science" in that "paper" in their own words and try to discuss it, I'm game. But none of them will, since none of them even looked at the paper. Being a propaganda parrot is all they're good for.

Deniers, please proceed with the deflections, dumb memes and personal attacks that you always use to hide your laughable igorance of the topic.

"Kininmonth’s conclusions are of course a subject for scientific argument and debate, but It might be noted that they provide a plausible insight into why temperatures at the South Pole have barely moved for at least 50 years."

But then again maybe not. That the South Pole is 9301 ft above sea level is the reason. Not ocean currents.

William Kininmonth is a meteorologist with zero experience in climate science. I am much, much more informed about the topic than he is. If you're going to appeal to an authority, then at least appeal to a real authority.

A dynamic meteorologist can speak about climate with authority ... the two subjects are very closely aligned ... traditionally, the only difference is a an extra year of calculus ... but I see the better climatology universities (UCLA) are now requiring this extra math to get any degree from their atmospheric science department ...

YOU are NOT more informed than a meteorologist in these matters ... all this boils down to Navier/Stokes, something you have never expressed any understanding of ...

"Paid propagandist comes up with some bad propaganda that he was paid very well to write. Film at 11."
I bet this tenured professor was not paid off. .You just cannot admit your side is dead wrong –- or politically motivated to peddle lies! -- on any issue. .

Climatologist and former chair of the School of Earth and Atmospheric Sciences at the Georgia Institute of Technology Judith Curry has announced her resignation effective immediately on her blog, Climate, Etc. ---------- From her blog: “A deciding factor was that I no longer know what to say to students and postdocs regarding how to navigate the CRAZINESS in the field of climate science. . Research and other professional activities are professionally rewarded only if they are channeled in certain directions approved by a politicized academic establishment — funding, ease of getting your papers published, getting hired in prestigious positions, appointments to prestigious committees and boards, professional recognition, etc. . . How young scientists are to navigate all this is beyond me, and it often becomes a battle of scientific integrity versus career suicide.”

Georgia Tech Climatologist Judith Curry Resigns over 'the CRAZINESS in the field of climate science.'

Last edited:
I bet this tenured professor was not paid off. .You just cannot admit your side is dead wrong –- or politically motivated to peddle lies! -- on any issue. .

Climatologist and former chair of the School of Earth and Atmospheric Sciences at the Georgia Institute of Technology Judith Curry has announced her resignation effective immediately on her blog, Climate, Etc. ---------- From her blog: “A deciding factor was that I no longer know what to say to students and postdocs regarding how to navigate the CRAZINESS in the field of climate science. . Research and other professional activities are professionally rewarded only if they are channeled in certain directions approved by a politicized academic establishment — funding, ease of getting your papers published, getting hired in prestigious positions, appointments to prestigious committees and boards, professional recognition, etc. . . How young scientists are to navigate all this is beyond me, and it often becomes a battle of scientific integrity versus career suicide.”

Georgia Tech Climatologist Judith Curry Resigns over 'the CRAZINESS in the field of climate science.'
You know, you guys are some lazy ass shits. I mean how long does it take to google, "William Kininmonth". Wouldn't you want to do that before you start spouting off? Have you no self-pride or dignity? Do you really enjoy looking like a flippin idiot? Has confirmation bias so consumed you that you can't even take a basic step in confirming information?

But no, you don't do that, and you double down on stupid. How hard is it to google "Judith Curry"? Look, you get no sympathy for retiring at 63. Seriously. Hell, she already qualifies for Social Security and you can bet TIA CREFF has taken good care of her. Does she believe CO2 has contributed to global warming? Yep. Her area of expertise is how global warming has resulted in increased hurricane strength. She just believes that it might not be as bad as it appears. And she believes it might not be cost effective to try and combat it. In other words, fawk the next generation, I am driving my Hummer.

Look, you guys are rank amateurs. Your posts are mere pissing in the wind. But hey, you got your supporters. Other fools so drawn to confirmation bias that they latch on to your bullshit. But thinkers, real intelligent people, you look like a damn fool.

You know, you guys are some lazy ass shits. I mean how long does it take to google, "William Kininmonth". Wouldn't you want to do that before you start spouting off? Have you no self-pride or dignity? Do you really enjoy looking like a flippin idiot? Has confirmation bias so consumed you that you can't even take a basic step in confirming information?

But no, you don't do that, and you double down on stupid. How hard is it to google "Judith Curry"? Look, you get no sympathy for retiring at 63. Seriously. Hell, she already qualifies for Social Security and you can bet TIA CREFF has taken good care of her. Does she believe CO2 has contributed to global warming? Yep. Her area of expertise is how global warming has resulted in increased hurricane strength. She just believes that it might not be as bad as it appears. And she believes it might not be cost effective to try and combat it. In other words, fawk the next generation, I am driving my Hummer.

Look, you guys are rank amateurs. Your posts are mere pissing in the wind. But hey, you got your supporters. Other fools so drawn to confirmation bias that they latch on to your bullshit. But thinkers, real intelligent people, you look like a damn fool.
Google is a left-biased search engine. You're the 'lazy ass shit.'

William Kininmonth is a meteorologist with zero experience in climate science. ...

I guess being the troll that you are you missed this in the OP? Nah, trolls gonna troll.

... meteorologist William Kininmonth, a former consultant to the World Meteorological Organisation’s Commission for Climatology and former head of the Australian Government’s National Climate Centre.

I did ... Dr Kininmonth's credentials are impeccable ... what's your point again? ...

No you fawking didn't. From wiki,

Kininmonth is a science adviser to the Science and Public Policy Institute.

Click the hyperlink,

The Science and Public Policy Institute (SPPI) is a United States public policy organization which promotes climate change denial.

Now, sit your ass in the corner and wear the dunce cap.

Fawk you stupid shit. Honestly, you have to be one of the most brain dead individuals on this messageboard.
Oh, caIm down Winnie, I gave you a credible link debunking your false assertions about .Kininmonth

Article excerpt >> 31,000 scientists reject global warming and say "no convincing evidence" that humans can or will cause global warming. But polls show that of scientists working in the field of climate science, and publishing papers on the topic: 97% of the climate scientists surveyed… think human activity is a significant contributing factor in changing mean global temperatures.

Comment: So 97% of scientists, working in the field of climate science, all believe human activity is a significant contributing factor to global warming. That means there is virtually no one in the field of climatology who is convinced of global warming, but doubts that human activity is a significant factor or cause for real change? . That is a joke. . Because there are a ton of articles by experts who strongly dispute evidence for human activity impact. You won't find them watching PBS. . In other words, Judith Curry was right… “it often becomes a battle of scientific integrity versus career suicide.”

Here is the statement 31,000 scientists refuting human induced impact did sign on to. ----- There is no convincing scientific evidence that human release of carbon dioxide, methane, or other greenhouse gases is causing or will, in the foreseeable future, cause catastrophic heating of the Earth's atmosphere and disruption of the Earth's climate. Moreover, there is substantial scientific evidence that increases in atmospheric carbon dioxide produce many beneficial effects upon the natural plant and animal environments of the Earth.

So it’s not about Judith Curry's stance only, is it? . It is about funding, it is about agenda, and it is about towing the party line.

31,000 scientists say "no convincing evidence". — OSS Foundation

Forum List

Back