Lt. Governor Justin Fairfax should NOT resign.

Do I have ANY empathy for Fairfax?? Not really, but it is a bad show should an innocent man be punished for an alleged crime.

Greg

Yup, kinda interesting, there's two guys with evidence (photos) of doing the blackface thing, yet they're going after the black guy that only has accusations.

Yeah, you see, the thing is, it isn't a crime to wear blackface. Bad taste and insensitive... yup.

Raping women... um, that's actually a crime.

Really?! You're going to be that fricken stupid?
If You Choose To Wear Blackface On Halloween, You're Just Plain Racist | HuffPost

https://nypost.com/2018/10/31/nurse-fired-for-blackface-beyonce-costume/

Lt. Gov Justin Fairfax should not resign. So, here we have someone being guilty until proven innocent. Fairfax should be afforded the same opportunities that Justice Kavanaugh received in that these accusers should testify before his elected peers. Fairfax should be questioned as well.

I fully supported the nomination of Brett Kavanaugh, and I deemed his accusers to be hacks trying to destroy his reputation for political reasons. I voted for Donald Trump, and I felt his accusers were politically motivated as well. I also feel the same way when accusers lied about their supposed incidents with Ben Carson and Herman Cain.

Well, now it's happening to a Democrat; this is a person that I would never vote for, but I stand for his right of being innocent until proven guilty. I feel the same way in this case as with the cases of the other people I mentioned, it's politically motivated. Where it is coming from, I do not know. Just give him a chance to challenge his accusers before his peers, then let them judge.

It all follows the same old tired script. The first accuser comes out. When that is not attaining the desired results, then comes the second, third, fourth etc. We are going down a very dangerous path where all a woman has to do is make these accusations and she must automatically be believed - end of story. No person, regardless of their occupation or political beliefs and affiliations should have their lives destroyed by what in most cases are highly suspect accusations at best. I firmly support a legislative action that where if an accuser is proven to be a liar, they would get the same sentence in prison, pay the same liable that the defendant would have to endure if convicted.

I voted for Donald Trump, I will vote for him in 2020, but this strongly libertarian-right American is in the corner of the Democratic Lt. Gov. on this one. With Trump, Kavanaugh, Cain and Carson, you know where I stand on this issue. I will not stray from my beliefs just because Fairfax is someone I am diametrically opposed to in every possible way politically.

Yup, kinda interesting, there's two guys with evidence (photos) of doing the blackface thing, yet they're going after the black guy that only has accusations.
Why does it surprise you that there aren't usually photos of sexual assault?
Women don't have to be believed, they need to be listened to. The Democrats want him out because the perception of wrong doing is so detrimental. In politics it's all about perception, whether or not it's true. You are right that politics are getting so dirty it's all going to collapse around them soon. But if they have a man accused of sexual assault by two women leading the state of Virginia, how could that possibly be a winning ticket?

We now have two credible witnesses that says basically the same story, putting him as an adult in a specific place at a specific time.

That is pretty damaging using any criteria. Absolutely overwhelming using the vague criteria the Democrats wanted to impose on Kavanaugh.
But they lost, remember?

Lt. Gov Justin Fairfax should not resign. So, here we have someone being guilty until proven innocent. Fairfax should be afforded the same opportunities that Justice Kavanaugh received in that these accusers should testify before his elected peers. Fairfax should be questioned as well.

I fully supported the nomination of Brett Kavanaugh, and I deemed his accusers to be hacks trying to destroy his reputation for political reasons. I voted for Donald Trump, and I felt his accusers were politically motivated as well. I also feel the same way when accusers lied about their supposed incidents with Ben Carson and Herman Cain.

Well, now it's happening to a Democrat; this is a person that I would never vote for, but I stand for his right of being innocent until proven guilty. I feel the same way in this case as with the cases of the other people I mentioned, it's politically motivated. Where it is coming from, I do not know. Just give him a chance to challenge his accusers before his peers, then let them judge.

It all follows the same old tired script. The first accuser comes out. When that is not attaining the desired results, then comes the second, third, fourth etc. We are going down a very dangerous path where all a woman has to do is make these accusations and she must automatically be believed - end of story. No person, regardless of their occupation or political beliefs and affiliations should have their lives destroyed by what in most cases are highly suspect accusations at best. I firmly support a legislative action that where if an accuser is proven to be a liar, they would get the same sentence in prison, pay the same liable that the defendant would have to endure if convicted.

I voted for Donald Trump, I will vote for him in 2020, but this strongly libertarian-right American is in the corner of the Democratic Lt. Gov. on this one. With Trump, Kavanaugh, Cain and Carson, you know where I stand on this issue. I will not stray from my beliefs just because Fairfax is someone I am diametrically opposed to in every possible way politically.

Why does it surprise you that there aren't usually photos of sexual assault?
Women don't have to be believed, they need to be listened to. The Democrats want him out because the perception of wrong doing is so detrimental. In politics it's all about perception, whether or not it's true. You are right that politics are getting so dirty it's all going to collapse around them soon. But if they have a man accused of sexual assault by two women leading the state of Virginia, how could that possibly be a winning ticket?

Not really defending Fairfax, but what ever happened to "Due Process". So much for that 35 years you spent in law, eh.

We now have two credible witnesses that says basically the same story, putting him as an adult in a specific place at a specific time.

That is pretty damaging using any criteria. Absolutely overwhelming using the vague criteria the Democrats wanted to impose on Kavanaugh.
OK....But do you want to be more like them or less?

I don''t have any problem with Kavanaugh trying to get a little piece of ass in High School even thought it is obvious the witness was lying.

I don't have any problem with Fairfax trying to get some honey to give him a hummer on his Alabama Black Snake.

Just pointing out the hypocrisy of the Democrats in applying different standards.

OK....But do you want to be more like them or less?

I don''t have any problem with Kavanaugh trying to get a little piece of ass in High School even thought it is obvious the witness was lying.

I don't have any problem with Fairfax trying to get some honey to give him a hummer on his Alabama Black Snake.

Just pointing out the hypocrisy of the Democrats in applying different standards.
Again, the Democrats want him OUT.

Fully understood.

And while I find the accusations in the Fairfax incidents far more credible than the bizarre accusations leveled at Kavanaugh, I'll defer to waiting until all the evidence is in.

Fully understood.

And while I find the accusations in the Fairfax incidents far more credible than the bizarre accusations leveled at Kavanaugh, I'll defer to waiting until all the evidence is in.

The Democrats sure didn't wait until the evidence was in on Kavanaugh. In fact there was absolutely no evidence except some vague unsubstantiated BS by a Left Wing Democrat supporting loon. Obviously politically motivated.

The accusers of Fairfax don't seem to have any political motivation. In fact the same political leanings as Fairfax. That, by itself, lends a lot more credibility.

But of course you are right if you use the standards that people like you and I would use.

However, if we use the standards of the Left then he should be driven out of office and lynched.

I have thought from the beginning that Fairfax is being set up take the heat off the blackface guys. It smelled fishy from the start.

I don't want to go shopping for a tin foil hat yet -- but A LOT of stuff is looking more and more orchestrated and phony.. This whole deal with Bezo's crouch shots and National Enquirer for example. The fact that there are 12 or 15 of the highest level FBI personnel fired, demoted or fleeing and no investigations/indictments.

I THINK there's a war on. And it's being run by elites and wealthy and powerful because the PARTIES are both in complete disarray..

But whatever.... It's not MY war.. Ain't got a side. Let both sides take all the scalps and casualties that they crave...
No need to go shopping, just ask Mindwars for one of theirs.

On topic I don't believe the assault allegations and i don't give a rats ass about the blackface bullshit.

The left needs to grow up

Agreed innocent till proven guilty and due process applies to everyone not just those we agree with.

It is NOT the "right thing" for Fairfax to resign if he isn't guilty. He should be given leave until the matter is sorted out. If innocent he should be returned to full duties and be given a civic parade and his accusers, if guilty of making false accusations, should be jailed. If he is guilty then he should serve the appropriate sentence. Regardless he should receive due process; something the Dems denied Cavanaugh.

Quite the contrary, Kavanaugh got a hearing, but no investigation. By the logic you just said, he should not have been confirmed until a full investigation occurred, which it did not.

There is no crime associated with black face, but there is with sexual assault/rape.

There is no crime associated with black face, but there is with sexual assault/rape.

Sigh...once again, I'm not here to defend Fairfax but will defend due process,

I agree. He deserves due process. If we start acting like Democrats there will be no hope for our nation

quite the contrary... if we hold our politicians to the 'no convictions" standard of justice, We'd have nothing but crooks.

I think we should draw some lines about what we are going to hold people to account for. Everyone does dumb shit in college, but the standard should be, Was anyone else injured in the process?

That’s what re-elections are for. Or do you think the people will continue to support them if they think they are an unconvicted criminal?

What the hell are talking about? They want the governors head too.

Forum List

Back