Love and compassion

toty5

VIP Member
Jan 14, 2015
The prophet’s mercy to animals, Even the bird found a place in his heart

The prophet’s heart would be shaken to its very foundations if he saw a distressed bird that lost its babies. A wounded animal, a hungry animal, a sick animal , insects burnt, water being polluted moved his heart, too, and stirred his compassion, yet on his shoulder he onus of imparting God’s message to the whole of the world. How great is such a prophet!

How miraculous is this prophet!

He is the message of heavens to the earth, the message of mercy, the exemplary to be followed. God says in the Holy Quran what means; “you have in the Messenger of Allah an excellent exemplar for him who hopes in Allah and the latter day and remembers Allah much. (21)

Prophet Muhammad called not to kill even a frog and he said, “Its croaking is tasbeeh (praising God).” Always with this litany was capped his words” Those who are not merciful will not find mercy( on the part of God).”

Such is his mercy that inspired his followers such as Um’ar ibn Al-Kahtab to the extent that he, too, was so worried if an animal was stumbled in the far east or west and feared that he would be held responsible for it before his Lord; he says” I fear that If an animal is stumbled in the far east or west that I will be held accountable before my Lord on the Day of Judgment.”

This is Mohammed, who rebuked the tyrannies of his times including emperors, notwithstanding he would be moved for a bird that lost its babies.

It is narrated that someone took two chicks of a bird (hamra), which came in panic searching for its chicks. Prophet Muhammad (Peace and blessings be upon him and his house) then asked, “Who has distressed it by taking its chicks?” Then he asked them to return the chicks.

Perhaps people lavish animals with their care because of their beauty unmindful of their being entities created by God, The case is different in Islam. The following Hadith lays credence to this fact. It is narrated that the prophet once passed by a burned out anthill. When the Prophet saw it he asked, “Who has burned it?” When he was informed of who had done it, he said, “Only the Lord of Fire has the right to punish with fire.” Is there any beauty in ants?!

His mercy was not only confined to caring about animals but it goes even more, Seeing a hungry animal would move his heart so much to the extent that he would go to its owner rebuking him for not feeding his animal.

Once the Prophet passed by a camel that was so emaciated its back was one with its abdomen. Upon that, the Prophet said, “Fear Allah with regard to livestock. Ride them in a fitting way and eat them when they are in good condition.”

In his heart, everything has a portion, the distressed among people would go to him to ease their hearts even the distressed animals would do the same thing. He once entered the garden of man from the Ansar (Muslims of Madinah) and there was a camel. When the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him and his house) saw the camel it froze and its eyes started watering. Then the Prophet of Allah (peace and blessings be upon him and his house) came to it and rubbed its ears so it calmed down. Then the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him and his house) said, “Who is the owner of this camel? Whose camel is this?” A young man from the Ansar told him (peace and blessings be upon him and his house),”O Messenger of Allah, it belongs to me.” Then he told him (peace and blessings be upon him and his house), “Do you not fear Allah with regard to this beast which Allah has let you own? It complained to me that you starve it and tire it by overworking it and using it beyond its capacity.”

But you can still stone people to death. and marry a 9-year-old, like the Prophet did.
No wait! she was six, but he waited till she was 9 before he fucked her. How considerate!

When does reason come into play in that religion? I don't understand peace, love, compassion and decapitation.

Where are the reference numbers to all the hadiths? I say the hadiths because I do not recognise any of this claptrap in the Quran. In fact the Quran has an entire sura called 'spoils of war' . Sura 8 is about dividing the spoils of war, and it shows what Muhammad was really like.

I can also quote hadiths where he had people executed , and where he had some peoples eyes burnt with hot irons, and had their hands and feet cut off and left them to bleed to death. Hadith Bukhari vol 8 book 82 no 794

Last edited:
Where are the reference numbers to all the hadiths? I say the hadiths because I do not recognise any of this claptrap in the Quran. In fact the Quran has an entire sura called 'spoils of war' . Sura 8 is about dividing the spoils of war, and it shows what Muhamad was really like.

I can also quote hadiths where he had people executed , and where he had some peoples eyes burnt with hot irons, and had their hands and feet cut off and left them to bleed to death.

I think some of the stuff toty quoted is more like legends about
muhummad----if such exist.-------????? I read the koran --with the hadiths thrown in------and I remember nothing about ants and frogs -----shall I search for my old copy of Yusuf ali----???? --------the murders---and barbaric stuff-----that stuff I do
recall

Where are the reference numbers to all the hadiths? I say the hadiths because I do not recognise any of this claptrap in the Quran. In fact the Quran has an entire sura called 'spoils of war' . Sura 8 is about dividing the spoils of war, and it shows what Muhamad was really like.

I can also quote hadiths where he had people executed , and where he had some peoples eyes burnt with hot irons, and had their hands and feet cut off and left them to bleed to death.

muhummad----if such exist.-------????? I read the koran --with the hadiths thrown in------and I remember nothing about ants and frogs -----shall I search for my old copy of Yusuf ali----???? --------the murders---and barbaric stuff-----that stuff I do
recall

I am certain the stuff in the OP about frogs and an ant hill is not in the Quran. There is a passage that says an ant talked (sura 27.18) but as far as I know there is nothing about burning an ant hill. But there may be a hadith.
There are children's fiction stories about Muhammad and the OP sounds more like them.

recall

I am certain the stuff in the OP about frogs and an ant hill is not in the Quran. There is a passage that says an ant talked (sura 27.18) but as far as I know there is nothing about burning an ant hill. But there may be a hadith.
There are children's fiction stories about Muhammad and the OP sounds more like them.

there is some sort of MIDRASHIC tale----(ie not history--sorta parables----in which King Solomon has some kind of magical
communication with grasshoppers and ants)------not presented as an actual real live event

So, according to Allah, we should all be vegans?

Q: Science tells us that whatever one eats has an effect on ones behaviour. Why does then Islam allow Muslims to eat non-vegetarian food, since eating of animals could make a person violent?

A: 1. Only eating of herbivorous animals is allowed by Islam. I agree that, what a person eats has an effect on his behaviour. This is one of the reasons why Islam prohibits the eating of carnivorous animals like lions, tigers, leopards, etc. who are violent and ferocious. The consumption of the meat of such animals would probably make a person violent and ferocious. Islam only allows the eating of herbivorous animals like goats, cattle, sheep, etc. that are peaceful and docile. We Muslims eat peaceful and docile animals because we are peace loving and non-violent people.
2. The Quran says Prophet prohibits what is bad

The Quran says: The Prophet commands them what is just and prohibits what is evil. He allows them as lawful what is good (and pure) and prohibits them what is bad (and impure), [Al-Araf 7: 157]

So take what the Messenger assigns to you and deny yourselves that which he withholds from you. [Al-Hashr 59: 7]

For a Muslim, the Prophets statement is sufficient to convince him that Allah does not wish humans to eat some kinds of meat while allowing some other kinds.
3. Hadith prohibiting eating of carnivorous animals

According to various authentic Ahaadith narrated in Sahih Bukhari and Sahih Muslim including hadith narrated by Ibn Abbas in Sahih Muslim, Book of hunting and slaughter, Hadith No. 4752 and Sunan Ibn-i-Majah chapter 13 Hadith no. 3232 to 3234, the Holy Prophet (Pbuh) prohibited the eating of:

(I) Wild animals with canine teeth, i.e. meat eating carnivorous animals. These are animals belonging to the cat families such as lions, tigers, cats, dogs, wolfs, hyenas, etc.

(Ii) Certain rodents like mice, rats, rabbits with claws, etc.

(Iii) Certain reptiles like snakes, alligators, etc.

(Iv) Birds of prey with talons or claws, like vultures, eagle, crows, owl, etc.
Why Killing Animals for Food?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=PE_vzgsjdtM

Pity he didn't care so much for humans.

Allah's Messenger sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam ( may Allah exalt his mention ) was the kindest of men in the same way as he excelled all others in courage and valour. Being extremely kind-hearted, his eyes brimmed with tears at the slightest sign of inhumanity. A Companion, Shaddaad bin 'Aws, may Allah be pleased with him, reported the Apostle as saying: “Allah has commanded you to show kindness to everyone,

A Mercy for the Believers

The Messenger’s compassion towards the believers was of the utmost degree. The Quran describes his compassion in the following verse, which means: “There has certainly come to you a Messenger from among yourselves. Grievous to him is what you suffer; [he is] concerned over you [i.e., your guidance] and to the believers is kind and merciful.” [Quran: 9:128]

Sa‘d bin ‘Ubadah, may Allah be pleased with him, once became ill, so Allah’s Messenger sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam ( may Allah exalt his mention ) visited him in his house. On seeing his faithful Companion in a pitiful state, he was moved to tears. Then, he said: “Allah does not punish because of tears, nor because of grief, but he punishes because of this."- and he pointed to his tongue. [Al-Bukhari]

A Mercy Towards his Enemies

The prisoners of war taken captive at the battle of Badr were amongst his bitterest enemies. Nevertheless, he sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam ( may Allah exalt his mention ) made sure that they were given the best of treatment. Among them was Suhayl bin ‘Amr who was a fiery speaker and was denouncing the Prophet sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam ( may Allah exalt his mention ). 'Umar, may Allah be pleased with him, one the Prophet’s closest companions, suggested that two of his lower teeth be pulled out so that he might not be so vile in his speeches. The Prophet sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam ( may Allah exalt his mention ) replied: “Were I to do this, Allah would disfigure me on the Day of Judgement, despite the fact that I am His messenger.”

In Makkah, his people inflicted him with every kind of suffering, eventually forcing him to emigrate to Madeenah, and then waged war on him for five years. However, when he conquered Makkah without bloodshed in the twenty-first year of his Prophethood, he asked the Makkan unbelievers who were awaiting his decision about them: “How do you expect me to treat you?” They responded unanimously: “You are a noble one, the son of a noble one.” He announced to them his decision:

“You may go free! No reproach this day shall be on you; may God forgive you.”

A Mercy for Women

Prophet Muhammad sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam ( may Allah exalt his mention ) was also very kind and affectionate towards women. Women were very badly treated in those times. The Noble Prophet sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam ( may Allah exalt his mention ) gave them honour and dignity at par with men in the community. 'Umar, may Allah be pleased with him, reported: “We did not have much regard for women while we were at Makkah, but they were better treated in Madeenah. Allah's Messenger established women's rights through his sayings and commandments, which improved their position and status.”

A Mercy for Children

Allah’s Messenger sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam ( may Allah exalt his mention ) was particularly compassionate towards children. When he saw a child crying, he sat beside him or her and shared his or her feelings. He felt the pain of a mother for her child more than the mother herself. Once he said: “I stand in prayer and wish to prolong it. However, I hear the cry of a child and cut the prayer short for the anxiety which the mother is feeling.” [Al-Bukhari]

He would take children in his arms and embrace them. He was once hugging his beloved grandsons, Hasan and Husayn, when Aqrah bin Haabis told him, ‘I have got ten children. So far, I have not kissed any of them.’ Allah’s Messenger sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam ( may Allah exalt his mention ) responded: “The one with no pity for others is not pitied.” [Al-Bukhari and Muslim]

According to another version, he said: “What can I do for you if Allah has removed from you the feeling of compassion?” [At-Tirmithi]

A Mercy for Slaves

The Prophet sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam ( may Allah exalt his mention ) strongly enjoined the duty of kind and generous treatment upon slaves, servants and labourers engaged in manual work.Jabir, may Allah be pleased with him, related the Apostle of Allah sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam ( may Allah exalt his mention ) as saying: “Feed them with the food which you eat, clothe them with such clothing as you wear, and do not cause trouble to Allah's creatures.” The Apostle sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam ( may Allah exalt his mention ) is further stated to have said: “Those whom Allah has made your dependents are your brothers, servants and helpmates. Anybody whose brother has been made subservient to him ought to feed him with the food he eats and clothe him with the clothes he wears; command him not to do that which he is unable to do and if it becomes necessary to do so then he should help him in doing the job.”
The love and compassion of Allah’s Messenger sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam ( may Allah exalt his mention ) for all kinds of creatures was not of the kind claimed by today’s ‘humanists’. He was sincere and balanced in his love and compassion. He was more compassionate than any other person. He was a Prophet raised by Allah, the Creator and Sustainer of all beings, for the guidance and happiness of conscious beings - mankind and jinn - and the harmony of existence. Therefore, he lived not for himself but for others; he is a mercy for all the worlds.

“Indeed, in this [Quran] is notification for a worshipping people. And We have not sent you, [O Muhammad], except as a mercy to the worlds.” [Quran: 21:106-107]

But you can still stone people to death. and marry a 9-year-old, like the Prophet did.
No wait! she was six, but he waited till she was 9 before he fucked her. How considerate!

Western society doesn't win at all. I'm not sure why so many people make an issue about DESERT TRIBAL PRACTICES in the 6th century. Muhammad did nothing out of the norm for his society. The fact that Aisha went on to become one of the most important Muslims to ever live just makes this criticism empty of any real substance.

"Child marriages such as this were relatively common in Bedouin societies at the time, and remain common in some societies even today.[15] British scholar Colin Turner suggests that such marriages were not seen as improper in historical context, and that individuals in such societies matured at an earlier age than in the modern West."

"British historian William Montgomery Watt suggests that Muhammad hoped to strengthen his ties with Abu Bakr;[6] the strengthening of ties commonly served as a basis for marriage in Arabian culture."

Muhammad was offered the most beautiful Arabian women by the Meccans and Quraysh tribal leaders in return for him abandoning his prophetic message. He turned them down every time. Criticism of Aisha age during her marriage was a non-issue to his followers nor his enemies. People have very recently begun fabricating an issue about it because they struggle to find serious criticism of Muhammad.

European Judaism - "Child marriage was possible in Judaism due to the very low marriageable age for females. A ketannah (literally meaning little [one]) was any girl between the age of 3 years and that of 12 years plus one day;[4] a ketannah was completely subject to her father's authority, and her father could arrange a marriage for her without her agreement."

Not to mention you can go to Guatemala/Honduras/other South American cultures to

find child marriages to be the norm.

When does reason come into play in that religion? I don't understand peace, love, compassion and decapitation.
This is not true and you know it
Muslim defends and fights the occupier and colonizer of most Muslim lands
For example, if a thief entered your house
what will you do and say?
hello thief !
the thief will kill your wife and your children
Muslims have been killed in Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Bosnia and Palestine

Nonetheless,, a wave of new Muslims embraced Islam all over the world. In the USA alone, more than 30000 persons embraced Islam.

By the year 2020, Islam is projected to be the largest religion in the world.
Kill the infidels and the polytheists in the Holy Qur'an for several specific reasons and specific conditions

Example
If someone assaults you and kill your children and your relatives and your package from your country by force
What will you do?

This exactly happened in the time of Prophet Muhammad peace be upon him

Polytheists and infidels tortured new Muslims unjustly

Killing infidels owners of the Messenger of Allah, without the right

Prevent the infidels from Muslim food and drink without the right

Infidels and take their money home without the right

Get out the infidels of Mecca, the Prophet without the right

Imagine with me all these terrible acts occurred

Only because they are Muslims

Therefore, the revelation came through Jibreel to the Prophet Muhammad peace be upon him

State in the Holy Qur'an

Must fight the polytheists as mohammed they killed unduly

But
You mohammed you the right to kill them

36. Verily, the number of months with Allah is twelve months (in a year), so was it ordained by Allah on the Day when He created the heavens and the earth; of them four are Sacred, (i.e. the 1st, the 7th, the 11th and the 12th months of the Islamic calendar). That is the right religion, so wrong not yourselves therein, and fight against the Mushrikun (polytheists, pagans, idolaters, disbelievers in the Oneness of Allah) collectively , as they fight against you collectively. But know that Allah is with those who are Al-Muttaqun

But
The peaceful infidels should not fight them or kill them at all

We have to talk to them about the message of Islam to respect

8. Allah does not forbid you to deal justly and kindly with those who fought not against you on account of religion and did not drive you out of your homes. Verily, Allah loves those who deal with equity.

There are places in Burma today where Buddhist majorities are raping and killing members of the Muslim minority.

This is a fact of non-Muslims
Claim to freedom and peace
But
The truth is otherwise
Hatred and deep hatred against Islam

See here

Where are the reference numbers to all the hadiths? I say the hadiths because I do not recognise any of this claptrap in the Quran. In fact the Quran has an entire sura called 'spoils of war' . Sura 8 is about dividing the spoils of war, and it shows what Muhammad was really like.

I can also quote hadiths where he had people executed , and where he had some peoples eyes burnt with hot irons, and had their hands and feet cut off and left them to bleed to death. Hadith Bukhari vol 8 book 82 no 794

in Islam, Judaism and Christianity
One in everything

1. They ask you (O Muhammad ) about the spoils of war. Say: "The spoils are for Allah and the Messenger." So fear Allah and adjust all matters of difference among you, and obey Allah and His Messenger (Muhammad ), if you are believers.

also

Jeremiah 49:32 |
And their camels shall be a booty, and the multitude of their cattle a spoil: and I will scatter into all winds them that are in the utmost corners; and I will bring their calamity from all sides thereof, saith the LORD.

Zephaniah 1:13 |
Therefore their goods shall become a booty, and their houses a desolation: they shall also build houses, but not inhabit them; and they shall plant vineyards, but not drink the wine thereof.

Numbers 31:32 |
And the booty, being the rest of the prey which the men of war had caught, was six hundred thousand and seventy thousand and five thousand sheep,

Jihad in the Bible
Let us see what the Bible has to say about Jihad in the meaning of war and violence. The following verses are from the Bible, New International Version (NIV), 1984
"Do not allow a sorceress to live. Anyone who has sexual relations with an animal must be put to death. Whoever sacrifices to any god other than the LORD must be destroyed." [Exodus 22:18-20]

"This is what the LORD, the God of Israel, says: 'each man strap a sword to his side. Go back and forth through the camp from one end to the other, each killing his brother and friend and neighbor.' The Levites did as Moses commanded and that day about three thousand of the people died." [Exodus 32:27-28]
"The LORD said to Moses, 'Take vengeance on the Midianites for the Israelites. The Israelites captured the Midianite women and children and took all the Midianite herds, flocks and goods as plunder. They burned all the towns where the Midianites had settled, as well as all their camps. (Moses ordered) "Now kill all the boys. And kill every women who has slept with a man, but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man." [Numbers 31:1-18]

(Jesus said) "But those enemies of mine who did not want me to be king over them - bring them here and kill them in front of me." [Luke 19:27]
"He (Jesus) said to them, 'But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one." [Luke 22:36]

Differential treatment
Muslims follow a religion of peace, mercy and forgiveness. If an individual Muslim were to commit an act of terrorism, this person would be guilty of violating the basic tenants of Islam.
When Timothy McVeigh bombed the Oklahoma City building, no American or Christian was labeled as a terrorist or was the target of hate crimes. When Irish Christians carry out acts of terrorism against each other and on the British Isles, the Christian religion is not blamed but individuals or their political agenda. Unfortunately, the same is not true for American Muslims and Arabs. The vast majority of Muslims or Arabs have no association with the violent events around the world yet Islam is invoked with terrorism. It is unfair to 1.5 billion Muslims of the world and religion of Islam.

Criteria of guilt
Innocent until proven guilty in an open court is an accepted universal principle of justice along with liberty and freedom for all humankind. However, the U.S. failed to practice the same principles for those who are not U.S. nationals. Even worse, the U.S. is creating military tribunal for secret trials because there may be inadequate evidence to prove Arabs and Muslims guilty in open courts.
May Allah bless us all and purify our hearts from all misunderstanding, malice, hate and anger.

See here

So, according to Allah, we should all be vegans?

Q: Science tells us that whatever one eats has an effect on ones behaviour. Why does then Islam allow Muslims to eat non-vegetarian food, since eating of animals could make a person violent?

A: 1. Only eating of herbivorous animals is allowed by Islam. I agree that, what a person eats has an effect on his behaviour. This is one of the reasons why Islam prohibits the eating of carnivorous animals like lions, tigers, leopards, etc. who are violent and ferocious. The consumption of the meat of such animals would probably make a person violent and ferocious. Islam only allows the eating of herbivorous animals like goats, cattle, sheep, etc. that are peaceful and docile. We Muslims eat peaceful and docile animals because we are peace loving and non-violent people.

There is no "SCIENCE" that suggests that eating the meat of a beast of prey----will alter one's behavior

The calendar year of Islam begins not with the birthday of our prophet (peace be on him), not from the time that the revelation came to him (Bethat) nor from the time of his ascension to heaven, but with the migration (Hijra) from an undesirable environment into a desirable place to fulfill Allah's command. It was migration from a plot that was set by the leaders of the Quraysh who were plotting to kill prophet Muhammad, and to destroy the truth that today is being conveyed to mankind everywhere against tyranny and injustice. Their purpose was to destroy the foundation of the Islamic state, the Sunnah of the tradition of the prophet, and to prevent the revelation being delivered by Allah's messenger to mankind.

The Islamic calendar is reckoned from the time of migration (Hijra) of Prophet Mohammad (Peace Be Upon Him) from Mecca to Madina. The Prophet's decision to migrate from Mecca came after several years of inhuman treatment of the faithful by the powerful tribes who were united despite all their feuds to stop the spread of Islam.

Prophet Mohammad's decision to leave Mecca coincided with the infidel's plan to assassinate him. In 622 AD, the Quresh tribesmen held a meeting and decided that a band of young men, one from each tribe, should assassinate Prophet Mohammad collectively so that their responsibility for the murder could not be placed on any particular tribe.

On the eventful night, the Prophet asked his cousin Ali Ben Abutalib to take his place in bed to make the Meccans think that he was asleep. The Prophet himself slipped out unobserved alongwith his loyal follower Abu Bakr (who was chosen as the first C aliph after the death of the prophet). They secretly made their way to a cave named Thawr, not far from Mecca and lay in hiding there for a day or two until Abu Bakr's son reported that the search for him had been given up. Then the two set out from Madina on camel back. They reached Quba, on the edge of the Madina oasis, on 12th Rabiul Awwal. With Mohammad's arrival in Quba a new phase of his career and glory of Islam started.

This migration has a special significance in the history of Islam. It ended the Meccan period of humiliation and torture and began the era of success. His own people to whom he preached Islam for 13 years neglected the Prophet of Islam. But he was cordially received in Madina as an honored chief.

In Madina his power enhanced day by day. Here he was not only the religious leader but took the role of a politician and statesman too. Prophet Mohammad expired ten years after his migration to Madina but only in one decade he changed the course of human history.

In view of this special significance of the Prophet's migration the consultative body advised the Second Islamic Caliph, Omar ben Khattab, to start the Islamic year from the date of migration of the Prophet from Mecca to Madina.

According to early Moslem scholars, Abu Musa Al Shari drew attention of Omar to an improperly dated debenture or IOU which was payable in the month of Shaban but it was not clear which Shaban was actually meant, the present one or the coming one. Omar called the dignitaries for consultation who made several suggestions to begin the Islamic calendar.

Ali (who later became the fourth caliph) suggested the Hijra as the beginning of the Islamic year with Moharram as its first month. Consequently, Caliph Omar in 21 A.H. or 641 A.D introduced the Islamic calendar in its present form.

QURANIC GUIDANCE

The guidance about the Islamic calendar is taken from the following verses from the Holy Quran: (In the name of GOD most gracious and most merciful)

"Lo the number of the months with God is twelve months." IX:36.

"They ask thee, of new moons. Say: They are fixed seasons for mankind and for the pilgrimage." II:189.

"He it is who appointed the sun a splendor and the moon a light, and measured for her stages, that ye might know the number of the years, and the reckoning." X:5

The Islamic Calendar of 12 Lunar Months is determined by observation of the new moon with no effort by intercalation (addition) or other means to synchronize the Lunar year with the Solar year.

Seerah of Prophet Muhammed 27 - The Hijrah - Emigration to Madinah - Yasir Qadhi |

Forum List

Back