Love and compassion

One story mentioned that a cat saved Prophet Mohammad from being bitten by a deadly snake.

There was also a story of the Prophet cutting off his shirt sleeve rather than disturbing his sleeping cat when it was time for prayers.

What is the source of these STORIES? Children's books of fantasy.

I say the Holy Qur'an and the Hadith
Only the truth inside them
Bukhari is the book the right and the main source of sayings of the Prophet Muhammad peace be upon him
And beyond ranging from Sahih Muslim, Tirmidhi and Nasa'i and Ben Majah, and so on

هل العمل في الفندق حلال ام حرام ؟ د ذاكر نايك Zakir Naik

شاب يسأل عن طريقه تعامله مع امه التي ترفض تطبيقه لسنة النبي ذاكر نايك Dr Zakir Naik

مسيحية سألت عن محمد في الانجيل لتعتنق الاسلام بعد الاجابة - د ذاكر نايك Dr Zakir

هل من الضروري اعتناق الاسلام لدخول الجنة ؟ - ذاكر نايك Zakir Naik

انا احب الله ولكن هل اتباع اوامره ضروري؟ - ذاكر نايك Zakir Naik

Among the miracles that were granted to the Prophet, sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam, as divine support for his Da‘wah (call) and a means of uplifting his status, was the speech of inanimate objects and animals to him. This matter had a great effect on souls, stimulated minds and drew people's attention to the Da‘wah. It also proved to people that the Da‘wah was true and real and supported by arguments and evidence. Therefore, it was only appropriate for sensible people to accept it and follow the great religion of Islam which brings them benefits, wards off harm, elevates their position among nations and guarantees for them happiness in both worlds.

Indeed, inanimate objects and animals spoke: food exalted Allaah The Almighty, stones and trees saluted the Prophet, sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam, the trunk of a palm tree yearned for him, and a camel complained to him. These miracles and lessons certainly occurred and were authentically narrated so that they would be believed and accepted - even if they might contradict human reason.

Among the inanimate objects that Allah The Almighty made to speak to the Prophet, sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam, was food. Once, while it was being eaten, some food exalted Allaah The Almighty and the Companions heard its exaltation. ‘Abdullaah ibn Mas‘ood said,"We were with the Messenger of Allaah, sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam, on a journey, and we ran short of water. He said: ‘Bring the remaining water with you.’People brought a utensil containing a little water. He dipped his hand in it and said:'Come to the blessed water - and the Blessing is from Allaah!’ I saw the water flowing from among the fingers of the Messenger, sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam, and we certainly heard the food glorifying Allaah when it was being eaten [by him]." [Al-Bukhaari]

In Al-Fat’h, Al-Haafith Ibn Hajar mentioned that grapes, ripe dates and gravel all exalted Allaah The Almighty.

It is also mentioned in this regard that stones, mountains and trees would greet the Prophet, sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam. It was narrated on the authority of Jaabir ibn Samurah that the Prophet, sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam, said: "I recognize a stone in Makkah which would salute me before my commissioning as a Prophet. I still recognize it." [Muslim]

As another example, ‘Ali ibn Abi Taalib said,“I was once with the Prophet, sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam, in Makkah and we went out to some location. Every mountain and tree which the Prophet, sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam, passed by would salute him,[(saying], 'Peace be upon you, O Messenger of Allaah.''' [At-Tirmithi and Ad-Daarimi. Saheeh - Al-Albaani]

Moreover, the tree-trunk which the Prophet, sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam, would stand beside while giving his Khutbah (Friday sermon) was one of the inanimate objects which talked to the Prophet, sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam. Ibn ‘Umar said,“The Prophet, sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam, would deliver his Khutbah while standing beside a trunk (of a palm-tree). When he had the pulpit made, he used it instead. The trunk therefore began weeping, and so the Prophet went to it and rubbed his hand over it [to stop it crying]." [Al-Bukhaari]

Another wording states, "The trunk bellowed like a bull such that the mosque shook." [Ad-Daarimi]

A third wording states, "The trunk bellowed until it cracked and split." [Ahmad]

Also, the speech of animals was another miracle with which Allaah The Almighty honored His Prophet, sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam. There was a camel who complained to the Prophet, sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam, about the injustice of its owner. ‘Abdullaah ibn Ja‘far said,The Prophet, sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam, let me ride behind him one day and told me something in secret which I will not divulge to anyone. The Prophet, sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam, would mostly prefer to relieve himself whilst hiding behind a high object or in a garden of small palm-trees. He once entered a garden that belonged to a man from Al-Ansaar. There he found a camel which moaned and shed tears when it saw the Prophet, sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam. The Prophet, sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam, went to it and rubbed the top and bottom of its ears, and it consequently stopped moaning. The Prophet, sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam, then asked:'Who is the owner of this camel? Whose camel is this?'A young man from the Ansaar [helpers] came and said, ‘It is mine, O Messenger of Allaah.’ Thereupon, the Prophet, sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam, said:‘Will you not fear Allaah with regard to this beast which Allaah The Almighty caused you to possess? It complained to me that you starve it and exhaust it."” [Ahmad and Abu Dawood. Al-Albaani - Saheeh]

Exalted is Allaah who made inanimate objects and animals speak to the Prophet, sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam, and made this a miracle that proved the veracity of his Prophethood and Da‘wah!

Allaah's Messenger was the kindest of men in the same way as he excelled all others in courage and valour. Being extremely kind-hearted, his eyes brimmed with tears at the slightest sign of inhumanity. A Companion, Shaddaad bin 'Aws reported the Apostle as saying: "Allaah has commanded you to show kindness to everyone, so if you have to kill, kill in a good manner, and if you slaughter an animal, slaughter it gently.

If anyone of you has to slay an animal, he should sharpen the blade first and treat the animal well." Ibn 'Abbaas relates that a man threw a goat on its side and then started sharpening his knife. When the Prophet saw him he said: "Do you want to kill it twice? Why did you not sharpen the knife before throwing it on the ground?"

A Mercy for the Believers
The Messenger’s compassion towards the believers was of the utmost degree. The Quran describes his compassion in the following verse, which means: “There has certainly come to you a Messenger from among yourselves. Grievous to him is what you suffer; [he is] concerned over you [i.e., your guidance] and to the believers is kind and merciful.” [Quran: 9:128]
Sa‘d bin ‘Ubaadah once became ill, so Allaah’s Messenger visited him in his house. On seeing his faithful Companion in a pitiful state, he was moved to tears. Then, he said: “Allaah does not punish because of tears, nor because of grief, but he punishes because of this."- and he pointed to his tongue. [Al-Bukhaari]

A Mercy Towards his Enemies
The prisoners of war taken captive at the battle of Badr were amongst his bitterest enemies. Nevertheless, he made sure that they were given the best of treatment. Among them was Suhayl bin 'Amr who was a fiery speaker and was denouncing the Prophet . 'Umar one the Prophet’s closest companions, suggested that two of his lower teeth be pulled out so that he might not be so vile in his speeches. The Prophet replied: “Were I to do this, Allaah would disfigure me on the Day of Judgement, despite the fact that I am His messenger.”

In Makkah, his people inflicted him with every kind of suffering, eventually forcing him to emigrate to Madeenah, and then waged war on him for five years. However, when he conquered Makkah without bloodshed in the twenty-first year of his Prophethood, he asked the Makkan unbelievers who were awaiting his decision about them: “How do you expect me to treat you?” They responded unanimously: "You are a noble one, the son of a noble one." He announced to them his decision:
“You may go free! No reproach this day shall be on you; may God forgive you.”

Ancient lion
thank you

كيف ادعوا اهلي للايمان بالله و دخول الاسلام دكتور ذاكر نايك

من هو احمد ديدات ؟ || محاضرات د.ذاكر بالعربية

أحمد ديدات يحرج قس أمام تلاميذه و القس يعترف بالهزيمة!

Sami Yusuf - Al-Mu'allim | سامي يوسف - المعلم |

ذاكر نايك يفحم مشكك فى القران الكريم

اخطاء الانجيل العلمية بخصوص شكل الارض للدكتور ذاكر نايك

اخطاء الانجيل العلمية بخصوص شكل الارض - ذاكر ناييك Zakir Naik

A Mercy for Women
Prophet Muhammad was also very kind and affectionate towards women. Women were very badly treated in those times. The Noble Prophet gave them honour and dignity at par with men in the community. 'Umar reported: "We did not have much regard for women while we were at Makkah, but they were better treated in Madeenah. Allaah's Messenger established women's rights through his sayings and commandments, which improved their position and status."
A Mercy for Children
Allaah’s Messenger was particularly compassionate towards children. When he saw a child crying, he sat beside him or her and shared his or her feelings. He felt the pain of a mother for her child more than the mother herself. Once he said: “I stand in prayer and wish to prolong it. However, I hear the cry of a child and cut the prayer short for the anxiety which the mother is feeling.” [Al-Bukhaari]
He would take children in his arms and embrace them. He was once hugging his beloved grandsons, Hasan and Husayn, when Aqrah bin Haabis told him, ‘I have got ten children. So far, I have not kissed any of them.’ Allaah’s Messenger responded: “The one with no pity for others is not pitied.” [Al-Bukhaari and Muslim]
According to another version, he said: “What can I do for you if Allaah has removed from you the feeling of compassion?” [At-Tirmithi]

The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) was a man loved by 1.2 billion Muslims worldwide. This is the man who taught us patience in the face of adversity and taught us to live in this world while keeping in mind the eternal life of the Hereafter. This is the Prophet Muhammad, whose behavior and high morality are examples for us, that God revealed the Qur'an. The whole life of Mohammed was an expression of the Qur'an. He understood this book to perfection, he loved all his life and founded on its precepts. He taught his followers to recite the Qur'an in its principles and love. When Muslims profess belief in one God, they also attest to their belief in Muhammad as a servant and final messenger of God.
When a Muslim hears the name of Mohammed, he asks God to send His blessings. The Prophet Muhammad was a human being like any other; but his love for humanity that distinguished him from others. We Muslims love the Prophet Muhammad; but it is his love for us that made him a man like no other

. He wanted to enter Heaven, yes, but he wanted too, with the same intensity for all of us. And he happened to cry, not for himself, but for his Ummah [1] (the community) and for humanity. Was often heard to cry, saying: "O my God, my ummah, my ummah! »
Muslims believe in the same prophets as those mentioned in the Bible and the Torah, including Noah, Moses, Abraham and Jesus, and believe that every prophet was sent with the same message, ie to worship God totally exclusive . There is one difference between the other prophets and the Prophet Muhammad. Before Muhammad, the prophets were sent to private people in particular places. Mohammed, however, was sent to all mankind, with a final message to guide men to the end of time.

Why do Prophets Need Miracles ?

We know that the Divine mission of prophethood is a great rank endowed upon some of the purified distingished members of the human race. Since the purpose of prophethood is the comprehensive guidance ruling over the body and spirit of individuals, and society, toward perfection and the laying down of a legal system and social order for mankind, the assumption of responsibility involved is necessarily heavy and taxing. So, it requires great capacity and energy. Allah, therefore, bestows the position of prophethood on those who have the ability and capacity to receive and follow through the light of revelation. This unique privilege and speciality of prophets is also shown in their miracles, which all of them had. And, to prevent some false, deceitful impostors from claiming the position, it is necessary that, besides the revelation, the real ones should have sufficient evidence to bear testimony to the truth of their declaration and prove the claim that they are sent by Allah. That is, a prophet should utter such words and exhibit such deeds which could not be uttered or performed by any natural means within the power of a finite being, such as : restoring the dead to life again, communicating with animals and inanimate bodies, and the likes of them. These supernatural events are termed as miracles.

The prophet who has a miracle should introduce it to people and invite them to challenge with it. If they can produce none similar to that, thus, by the means of his miracle, he proves the truthfulness of his declaration.

The Holy Qur'an, The Everlasting Miracle of the Prophet of Islam(p.b.u.h.)!
Amongst the miracles issued by the Prophet of Islam (p.b.u.h.), the Qur'an is the best remaining evidence of his rightfulness. We know, of course, that, according to what the leading scholars of Islam have said, he (p.b.u.h.) had about 4440 miracles. But the Qur'an is a Book beyond the thoughts and mind of a mortal being. None has been able to bring one similar to it yet. It is a great heavenly miracle.

The reason that amongst all the miracles of the Messenger of Allah (p.b.u.h.) the Qur'an has been chosen as the greatest remaining evidence of legitimacy of the Prophet of Islam (p.b.u.h.) is that it is a miracle which is 'expressive', 'everlasting', 'world-wide', and 'spiritual'.

Each of the former prophets (a.s.) had to accompany his miracle to prove its inimitability when he used to invite his opponents for challenging and bringing the like of it. In fact, his miracle or miracles could not express themselves and it was the explanations of the prophet that would complete them. This statement is also true for all the miracles of the Prophet of Islam (p.b.u.h.) except the Holy Qur'an.

The Qur'an is a clear miracle which need not be introduced. It invites others to itself, demands the rejecters to challenge it while it defeats them, condemns them, and it always stands victorious. That is why it, after passing centuries, viz., since the departure of the Prophet (p.b.u.h.) up to the present, has been continuing its invitation the same as it did during his lifetime (p.b.u.h). It is both religion and miracle; law, and the document of the law.

The Holy Qur'an, Global and Eternal
The reputation of the Holy Qur'an cleft the bonds of time and distance and influenced beyond them. The miracles of the prophets before the Prophet of Islam (p.b.u.h.), and even his own miracles save the Qur'an, happened in a special period of time, at a definite place and for a specific group of people. For example : the utterances of the holy little child of Virgin Mary, and raising the dead by Jesus (a.s.) were done at some definite times and places before the eyes of some particular people. And we know that regarding the things that depend on time and place, the farther we move away from them correlatively the weaker they become. This is one of the properties of affairs related to time.

But, the Holy Qur'an does not depend on time and place. Its brilliance and authority that illuminated the darkness of Arabia fourteen centuries ago continues unwaveringly to shine with its original splendor. Besides that, the passing of time, the advancement of science and the development of information have made it possible for us to understand it and take its advantages even more than the nations of former ages did. It is evident that what time and place cannot influence will continue to be everywhere in the world for eternity. It is also clear that a world-wide everlasting religion should have a world-wide everlasting document of legitimacy in its possession.

Not only with science. It is a book of history, philosophy, laws and many more. An unique book to guide the humanity.

Then we can discuss the Holy Qur'an :

from the point of modern science;

and the scientific explorations;

and the rotation of the Earth;

and reproduction in the plant kingdom;

and general reproduction in all the particles of the world;

and general gravity;

and the surrendering of the Sun and the Moon;

and the secrets of the creation of mountains;

and the advent of the world;

and the existence of life on other planets;

and the winds, the pollinator of plants;

and the question of the roundness of the Earth; (2)

And many other scientific facts and knowledge about the world can be found in the Holy Qur'an, too.

-So when he discovers that the real Holy Qur'an

And discover the greatness and mercy of Islam

Makes sure that the attempts to distort Islam, a liar and deceiver

see here

We know, of course, that, according to what the leading scholars of Islam have said, he (p.b.u.h.) had about 4440 miracles. But the Qur'an is a Book beyond the thoughts and mind of a mortal being. None has been able to bring one similar to it yet. It is a great heavenly miracle.

Somewhere in the Quran ( I can't remember the verse) it says Muhammad could not do miracles. Just exactly where do these so called Islamic scholars get 4440 miracles from?

As for the outrages claims for the Quran , I don't know if I should laugh or cry. The Quran is poor in narrative, and it is almost all copied from the bible, and the rest is mostly stolen from other sources.

Quran 10.20 They (unbelievers) say, "Why has his Lord not given him some miracles to (support his claim of being His Messenger)?" Say "(The knowledge) of the unseen certainly belongs to God. Wait and I too shall be waiting with you.

Quran 20.133 They said, "If he could only show us a miracle from his Lord!" Did they not receive sufficient miracles with the previous messages?

It's simple brother

inshaallah, i will explain to you

These sayings of the Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him

he Told the people about

Holy Qur'an and the Hadith

Some of which actually happened in the time of prophecy

And some of them have already happened in the past before the birth of the Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him

This was evidence that the Messenger of Allah

Prophet Muhammad peace be upon him did not read and write

So people agreed and converted to Islam

And other words will occur in the future

They did not see it and did not watch them

This is for future generations

In order to be able to make sure the evidence and proofs

That Muhammad, peace be upon him
The Messenger of God

he came to complement the message of the prophets before him

The truth always be clear to any sane person and those who want to understand

Was Muhammad peace be upon him ascended to the moon to know that the moon split in half?

Did the Prophet Muhammad lived in the time of Prophet Noah, peace be upon him to know that the ship stopped on Mount Judi, not another Mount?

Was Muhammad peace be upon him an astronaut and the planets revolved around the galaxies to us so accurately described in the Holy Qur'an?

Was Muhammad peace be upon him chemically and has a world microscope to tell us about infectious diseases and how it treated?

You can forgive many people at one time after they inflicted you get out of your home and your tribe, which grew up and do not punish them, but honored nor never kill them?
I know that the answer is no, but the womb of the Prophet Muhammad and the people forgive them

And do not forget that people dubbed Muhammad before his mission of prophethood Saadiq alamin (Secretary

There are many examples which, if read the Qur'an will make you marvel and say

Yes, Muhammad is the Messenger of allah

allah guide all to the right

\\\\
Christian alter the message of Jesus Christ, peace be upon him upside down

from Uniformity to the Trinity

allah is one for Muslims , Jews and Christians
But
Regrettably

Distortion of the heavenly books ( the Torah and the Gospel )

This led to dissent and disagreement

And create a new teachings do not relate to the true teachings

Drinking blood , pork and drinking alcohol , adultery , lying ,
Example
So look to the Prophet Muhammad , peace be upon him and his companions and all Muslims so far
Do not say Muhammad is God or the son of God

Jesus in the Quran holds one of the highest statures amongst the Prophets. Unlike other Prophets who performed miracles, Jesus himself was a miracle, as he was born of a virgin mother, and God describes him and his mother Mary as such:
“…and We made her (Mary) and her son (Jesus) a sign for the worlds.” (Quran 21:91)
Nonetheless, in the Quran, Jesus is described as having many miracles not bestowed upon other prophets. God says:
“And We gave unto Jesus, son of Mary, clear miracles” (Quran 2:87)
هل أقتبس القران من الكتاب المقدس ؟ احمد ديدات يصعق شر ...
upload_2017-3-7_10-42-4.jpeg▶ 6:34

خلق الازواج كلها للدكتور ذاكر نايك مقطع رائع

بصمة الاصابع - القرآن الكريم والعلم الحديث - YouTube

ملحد يسأل دكتور ذاكر نايك ثم يعتنق الاسلام بعد الاجابة Atheist And dr Zakir Naik

مولاي صلي وسلم دائما ابدا _ماهر زين انجليزي

Was Muhammad peace be upon him an astronaut and the planets revolved around the galaxies to us so accurately described in the Holy Qur'an?

The Quran say the sun and the moon each swim in an orbit. It clearly means the sun orbits the earth.

]Here is a clear indication from the quran and hadiths that Muhammad made up his message based upon the ideas of his time. He clearly states the sun goes to a resting place, and that should be enough for any thinking person to see he was not getting a message from God.

Quran sura 36.38 And the Sun runs on unto a resting place for him, That is the measuring of the mighty and wise.

The following from Hadith Bukhari confirms that Muhammad thought the sun went to a resting place and gives details that cannot be interpreted any other way.

Volume 4, Book 54, Number 421:
Narrated Abu Dhar:

The Prophet asked me at sunset, "Do you know where the sun goes (at the time of sunset)?" I replied, "Allah and His Apostle know better." He said, "It goes (i.e. travels) till it prostrates Itself underneath the Throne and takes the permission to rise again, and it is permitted and then (a time will come when) it will be about to prostrate itself but its prostration will not be accepted, and it will ask permission to go on its course but it will not be permitted, but it will be ordered to return whence it has come and so it will rise in the west. And that is the interpretation of the Statement of Allah: "And the sun Runs its fixed course For a term (decreed). that is The Decree of (Allah) The Exalted in Might, The All-Knowing."

If you read this hadith carefully you will see it says if the sun was sent back on its course it would rise in the west.
This would only happen if the sun was orbiting the earth. If, as some Muslim's claim it meant the sun had an orbit in the galaxy then it would still rise in the east if it were sent back in its orbit.
I know this is difficult to explain and I might not be making it clear, but I know what I am talking about and the Hadith is clearly saying the sun orbits the earth and goes to a resting place at night.

Here are some different translations of verse 36.38, and to be fair it is only the Pickthall translation that clearly says the sun runs to a resting place.

036:038 Khan
:And the sun runs on its fixed course for a term (appointed). That is the Decree of the All- Mighty, the All-Knowing.
036:038 Maulana
:And the sun moves on to its destination. That is the ordinance of the Mighty, the Knower.
036:038 Pickthal
:And the sun runneth on unto a resting-place for him. That is the measuring of the Mighty, the Wise.
036:038 Rashad
:The sun sets into a specific location, according to the design of the Almighty, the Omniscient.
036:038 Sarwar
:how the sun moves in its orbit and this is the decree of the Majestic and All-knowing God;
036:038 Shakir
:And the sun runs on to a term appointed for it; that is the ordinance of the Mighty, the Knowing.
036:038 Sherali
:And the sun is moving on to its determined goal. That is the decree of the Almighty, the All-Knowing God.
036:038 Yusufali
:And the sun runs his course for a period determined for him: that is the decree of (Him), the Exalted in Might, the All-Knowing.

Always the same problem

Twisting and turning and distance from the truth

I say the Holy Qur'an and the Hadith
Only the truth inside them
Bukhari is the book the right and the main source of sayings of the Prophet Muhammad peace be upon him
And beyond ranging from Sahih Muslim, Tirmidhi and Nasa'i and Ben Majah, and so on
If you want to know Islam properly [Must study the Qur'an and the Hadith]

Go to the Muslims in mosques

Deal with them

See close up Then judge

What does it mean that the “Sun runs on to its place of settlement?” When is this? How is this?

Abû Dharr al-Ghifârî, one of the Prophet Muhammad’s Companions, relates the following: The Prophet (peace be upon him) said to me: “O Abû Dharr! Do you know where the Sun goes when it sets?”

I said: “Allah and His Messenger know best.”

He said: “It goes until it prostrates beneath the Throne. Then it seeks permission and permission is granted to it. Soon it will prostrate and it will not be accepted from it, and seek permission and will not be granted permission. It will be said to it: ‘Go back where you came from.’ Then it will rise from its setting place. This is Allah’s statement: ‘And the Sun runs on to its place of settlement. That is the determination of the Mighty the Knowing. [Sûrah YâSîn: 38]’.” [Sahîh al-Bukhârî (3199, 7424)] It is also found in. Its text, as related by Abû Dharr al-Ghifârî, is as follows: The Prophet (peace be upon him) said one day: “Do you know where the Sun goes when it sets?”

They said: “Allah and His Messenger know best.”

He said: “It goes until it arrives at its place of settlement beneath the Throne. Then it falls down in prostration and remains like that until it is said to it: ‘Arise! Go back from whence you came.’ Then it goes back and rises from its place of rising. Then it goes until it arrives at its place of settlement beneath the Throne. Then it falls down in prostration and remains like that until it is said to it: ‘Arise! Go back from whence you came.’ Then it goes back and rises from its place of rising. Then it goes without people finding anything wrong with it until it arrives at that place of settlement it has beneath the throne. Then it will be told: ‘Arise! Enter upon the morning rising from your setting place’.”

Then Allah’s Messenger (peace be upon him) said: “Do you know when that will be? It will be when ‘its faith will not avail a soul which had not believed before or earned some good from its faith. [Sûrah al-An`âm: 157]’.” [Sahîh Muslim (159,205) ] The hadîth is also found in Sahîh al-Bukhârî in a highly abridged form (4803, 7433). Its text reads: I asked the Prophet (peace be upon him) about Allah’s statement: “And the Sun runs on to its place of settlement... [Sûrah YâSîn: 38]”.

He said: “Its place of settlement is beneath the throne.” Ibn Hajar al-`Asqalânî, in Fath al-Bârî, his commentary on Sahîh al-Bukhârî, writes: This was how Wakî` related it from al-A`mash in an abbreviated form. It is a narration by meaning. In the previous narration of the hadîth, the Prophet (peace be upon him) asked Abû Dharr: “Do you know where the Sun goes when it sets?” [Fath al-Bârî (8/688)] What about the fact that the Earth goes around the Sun?

Some people have wondered how these texts should be understood in relation to the Earth's movement around the Sun and the fact that sunrise and sunset are a consequence of the Earth revolving around its axis. What they fail to realize is that these texts talk about the Sun's relationship to the Throne of Allah, not its relationship to the Earth.

The first point that we need to consider is that nowhere in any of these texts is it mentioned that the Sun is revolving around the Earth. The word used for the Sun’s motion in all of these texts is the verb “tajrî” meaning “to go, flow, proceed”. This verb is not qualified by any other words indicating a spherical motion of any kind or any specific type of motion relative to the Earth.

The second point that we must consider is that nowhere does the hadîth discuss the mechanics of the Sun’s motion in any way. Likewise, it says nothing about the mechanics of the motions of the Sun and the Earth on that fateful day when the Sun will rise from the West.

Thirdly, the place of settlement mentioned in the hadîth is beneath the throne and not under the Earth.

What we know scientifically about the Sun is that it is indeed in motion. It is traveling around the center of the galaxy at roughly 220 km/s in an orbit that takes about 230 million years to complete.

It may be interesting to take note of the fact that the Qur’ân mentions an orbital motion for the Sun. Allah says: “It is not for the Sun to overtake the Moon, nor does the night outstrip the day. They float each in an orbit.” [Sûrah YâSîn: 40]

However, we must caution that the verse says nothing about the nature or placement of the Sun’s orbit. It states only that the Sun has one.

As for the Sun’s relationship to the Throne, which is what the hadîth is discussing, this is something that we cannot speculate about. The Throne is part of the Unseen and we know nothing about it except what Allah and His Messenger tell us about it. It follows that the Sun’s behavior in relationship to the throne, both spatially and temporally, is also a matter of the Unseen.

We must believe whatever Allah and His Messenger inform us about the Sun's relationship to Allah's Throne and not speculate any further on the subject.

We can, therefore, safely conclude that these texts are not taking about the Sun’s relationship to the Earth at all. They certainly do not indicate that the Sun orbits the Earth.

But you can still stone people to death. and marry a 9-year-old, like the Prophet did.
No wait! she was six, but he waited till she was 9 before he fucked her. How considerate!
Wow, you sound jealous....The early Americans indulged in young marriage also, being that most states in the US 10 was the age of consent...
If you could grow up and be an adult you would realize that short life spans made human reproduction contingent on the onset of puberty, not a place in time on a calendar..It was not unusual in many cultures to rid oneself of females and have males for offspring..

We can, therefore, safely conclude that these texts are not taking about the Sun’s relationship to the Earth at all. They certainly do not indicate that the Sun orbits the Earth.

That is not my conclusion given what I have already said about the sun being sent back on its course. It says the sun would rise in the west. and that could only happen if it were orbiting the earth.

Forum List

Back