Louie Gohmert calls for RICO probe to find out who's paying for Honduras migrant caravan

Louie seems to be the only politician that has any interest in this much asked question right here on USMB!

Who's financing the Honduras migrant caravan of illegal immigrants, with as many as 10,000 snaking their way into illegally entering the U.S.?

Rep. Louie Gohmert of Texas has a sensible suggestion for finding out: using the RICO statutes. According to the Washington Examiner, citing Fox News, Gohmert said:

We have got to have the DOJ investigate where the funding is coming from to send these thousands and thousands of people to the U.S. ... You can use RICO to go after them.

The question, which the incurious media show no sign of wanting to answer, is worth asking, given the expense the taxpayers will be saddled with as thousands of them openly climb over border fences, dare border officials to fire on them to stop them, worm their way in through asylum legal maneuvering, or put up big sob stories with photos of mothers and crying children as a means to get in and get the benefit packages. It's a certainty that quite a few will get in, unless President Trump can be genuinely effective at stopping them, and right now that's not a certainty.

Read more at americanthinker.com ..
There is no evidence the caravan is being led by anyone other than Hondurans.

Bartolo Fuentes, a former Honduran lawmaker and social activist, originally got the word out to Hondurans, calling them to meet at the San Pedro Sula bus station to leave the country. Guatemalan police arrested Fuentes last week in the middle of a crowd, shortly after Trump threatened to cut off funding to Guatemala and Honduras if they did not stop the caravan. The caravan now continues without Fuentes, with a handful of different leaders making logistical decisions about when to depart each city.

There isn't much required to fund a caravan since the members are walking and have to provide their own food. The Mexican government as well as local governments provides water and some porta potties. However, most of the members have to buy their own food.

The goal of caravan members is to reach the border and plead their case for asylum. Many will cross illegally and face deportation. However, for most caravan members, this is better than remaining in Honduras. Many of those on the caravan will drop out before reaching the border and attempt settle in Mexico.

Mass migrations from central America is nothing new they have been going on since the late 1990's.
They are being given support and money from the Hidden Foundations supported by people like Steyer, George Soros, and many others. It has their fingerprints all over the movement.

Actually, most folks do lay off the Nazi references. But I cannot help but get chills since I grew up in that period. And I so regret that new generations have grown that do not remember the results of an event that began so similar to today's political climate. When I see a Trump Rally, I cannot help but think of Nuremberg. I remember seeing the adoration on the faces of the crowd as he spoke while he gathered power over the people and surrounded himself with willing confederates. Those who spoke out died first.
Oldstyle, there's a place in the Bible that I quote to myself a lot from the Book of Exodus.
You know the story...about how Joseph got sent to Egypt and worked his way up to Pharoah's BFF because of his wisdom and saving the King's butt by being prepared for famine. But the first chapter of Exodus has one line that explains the whole misery that followed for the line of Jacob. It says, 'and there rose up a Pharoah who knew not Joseph'.

When I look at today's divisiveness and chaos and continual discord here in the land of e pluribus unum, I think of that line.... when I wonder how a land of highest intellect and culture and schools could devolve into the monster of the 20th century, and then look around at seeming parallels..I bite the bullet for the scorn I know you will spew at reminders that there rose up a generation that knew not how the holocaust all began.

I'm curious...did the adoration on the faces of the crowd when Barack Obama spoke give you the same chills? Or is it just adoration on the faces of people who aren't liberals that make you "chilly"? (eye roll)
Adoration? Hardly. He's just the Former President of the United States.

Oh, so when members of the media spoke about getting a tingle up their leg when they heard Barry speak you don't think there was some SERIOUS adoration going on? Come on...it was an eight year long slobbering love affair with Obama and the main stream media! He's not just another President of the United States he was the culmination of forty years of Affirmative Action and the liberal takeover of the education system and the media!
Sheesh, one guy, Chris Mathews said that and here you are 8 years later saying memberS of the media? And have now assigned the emotion to every member not on Trump TV?

Oh, you think that Chris Matthews was alone in his adoration of Barack Obama? Sheesh is right, Bullwinkle!
C'mon! How many members of the media spoke about getting a tingle up their leg when they heard Obama speak? Of course Mathews wasn't alone. Obviously, because Obama won the election...twice. And evidently you haven't noticed some current TV cable channel famous for it's sole purpose of adoring the present occupant of the WH. Does that media that favors the one you think is above the law mean you also can be numbered among the drooling nattering nabobs of nightly canoodling?

I'm curious...did the adoration on the faces of the crowd when Barack Obama spoke give you the same chills? Or is it just adoration on the faces of people who aren't liberals that make you "chilly"? (eye roll)

Oh, so when members of the media spoke about getting a tingle up their leg when they heard Barry speak you don't think there was some SERIOUS adoration going on? Come on...it was an eight year long slobbering love affair with Obama and the main stream media! He's not just another President of the United States he was the culmination of forty years of Affirmative Action and the liberal takeover of the education system and the media!
Sheesh, one guy, Chris Mathews said that and here you are 8 years later saying memberS of the media? And have now assigned the emotion to every member not on Trump TV?

Oh, you think that Chris Matthews was alone in his adoration of Barack Obama? Sheesh is right, Bullwinkle!
C'mon! How many members of the media spoke about getting a tingle up their leg when they heard Obama speak? Of course Mathews wasn't alone. Obviously, because Obama won the election...twice. And evidently you haven't noticed some current TV cable channel famous for it's sole purpose of adoring the present occupant of the WH. Does that media that favors the one you think is above the law mean you also can be numbered among the drooling nattering nabobs of nightly canoodling?

Think about that...a Junior Senator with zero executive experience...who was awful at crafting and getting legislation passed...had an uninspired career as a lawyer...and never published a thing in his field as a college professor...somehow THAT guy got elected President of the United States?

The reason that I say Barack Obama was the culmination of forty years of Affirmative Action and the liberal takeover of the education system and the media...is that there is no other explanation for why someone who's only "gift" is the ability to give a good speech while reading from a teleprompter was even remotely considered to be our President!

I'm amused by your "problem" with FOX News, Bullwinkle! CNN, MSNBC, NBC, CBS, ABC, Public Television and even the Comedy Channel are all heavily slanted to the left but you think FOX is an issue because it offers a conservative perspective? The only places where only one message was being put out by the media were countries like the Soviet Union...Cuba...Iraq under Saddam...Iran under the Mullahs and Germany under the Nazis...but you think FOX News needs to go away?

Think about that...a Junior Senator with zero executive experience...who was awful at crafting and getting legislation passed...had an uninspired career as a lawyer...and never published a thing in his field as a college professor...somehow THAT guy got elected President of the United States?

The reason that I say Barack Obama was the culmination of forty years of Affirmative Action and the liberal takeover of the education system and the media...is that there is no other explanation for why someone who's only "gift" is the ability to give a good speech while reading from a teleprompter was even remotely considered to be our President!

I'm amused by your "problem" with FOX News, Bullwinkle! CNN, MSNBC, NBC, CBS, ABC, Public Television and even the Comedy Channel are all heavily slanted to the left but you think FOX is an issue because it offers a conservative perspective? The only places where only one message was being put out by the media were countries like the Soviet Union...Cuba...Iraq under Saddam...Iran under the Mullahs and Germany under the Nazis...but you think FOX News needs to go away?
"...there is no other explanation for why someone who's only "gift" is the ability to give a good speech while reading from a teleprompter was even remotely considered to be our President!"

And I am amused by your ability to know the motivation and aspirations and "gifts" of a person whose shoes you have never walked in. However, you also overlook, or never knew, that the channels you so abhor customarily play clips of your hero before commenting. As of today, do you consider amending the Constitution by XO to be legal? Or will that too be 'fake' when CNN loops it? When Trump says he sees no reason why Putin would interfere in US elections in front of cameras and then changes the would to wouldn't also in front of cameras, is MSNBC showing fake news?

"...there is no other explanation for why someone who's only "gift" is the ability to give a good speech while reading from a teleprompter was even remotely considered to be our President!"

And I am amused by your ability to know the motivation and aspirations and "gifts" of a person whose shoes you have never walked in. However, you also overlook, or never knew, that the channels you so abhor customarily play clips of your hero before commenting. As of today, do you consider amending the Constitution by XO to be legal? Or will that too be 'fake' when CNN loops it? When Trump says he sees no reason why Putin would interfere in US elections in front of cameras and then changes the would to wouldn't also in front of cameras, is MSNBC showing fake news?

Have I misjudged Barack Obama's "gifts"? Kindly show me where I've erred, Bullwinkle! Did I miss something fantastic that he created and pushed through as a legislator? Did I miss something exceptional he did as a lawyer? Did I miss an incredibly scholarly piece that Barry wrote on Constitutional law while he was at the University of Chicago?

So one needs to "walk in someone's shoes" to know them? Given that...why is that you're here criticizing Donald Trump? :blahblah:

Louie seems to be the only politician that has any interest in this much asked question right here on USMB!

Who's financing the Honduras migrant caravan of illegal immigrants, with as many as 10,000 snaking their way into illegally entering the U.S.?

Rep. Louie Gohmert of Texas has a sensible suggestion for finding out: using the RICO statutes. According to the Washington Examiner, citing Fox News, Gohmert said:

We have got to have the DOJ investigate where the funding is coming from to send these thousands and thousands of people to the U.S. ... You can use RICO to go after them.

The question, which the incurious media show no sign of wanting to answer, is worth asking, given the expense the taxpayers will be saddled with as thousands of them openly climb over border fences, dare border officials to fire on them to stop them, worm their way in through asylum legal maneuvering, or put up big sob stories with photos of mothers and crying children as a means to get in and get the benefit packages. It's a certainty that quite a few will get in, unless President Trump can be genuinely effective at stopping them, and right now that's not a certainty.

Find whose paying for it lmfao, it doesn't take much to know it's coming from SOROS, anything using investigation has already been compromised that way they can blame just the one they want to when it's not the person at all. But because sheep feel so comfy and deep heartedly trust their little Gov. parents they will take it as a solid " thats who did it" ..

When they come out and say who we already know it is , that's a different story. Obviously they were not compromised.
Pay who and for what? The marchers were told to bring their own provisions and money for the march. The Mexican government, both local and federal is providing porta potties and water along the way. In Mexico, there is a lot of sympathy and support for the marchers. In fact, many Mexicans have joined the March.

So what you're telling me is that people who are so poor in Honduras that they feel the need to migrate to the US are paying an estimated $7,000 per person to make the trip to the US? Something's not right with that concept, Flopper. Someone has to be footing the bill for food, gasoline and all those rows of tents people are sleeping in. Since the average per capita income in Honduras is slightly above $2,000...you're talking about someone shelling out over three times their yearly income to make this move! Think about that! Where is that money coming from? It's obviously NOT coming from the marchers themselves! So who is it that's footing the bill for this?
All you have to do is Google it and do a little reading. It's not a deep secret. The only people this is benefiting is the Republicans, who are riling up Trump's base for the midterms.

There is no evidence the caravan is being led by anyone other than Hondurans.

Bartolo Fuentes, a former Honduran lawmaker and social activist, originally got the word out to Hondurans, calling them to meet at the San Pedro Sula bus station to leave the country. Guatemalan police arrested Fuentes last week in the middle of a crowd, shortly after Trump threatened to cut off funding to Guatemala and Honduras if they did not stop the caravan. The caravan now continues without Fuentes, with a handful of different leaders making logistical decisions about when to depart each city.

There isn't much required to fund a caravan since the members are walking and have to provide their own food. The Mexican government as well as local governments provides water and some porta potties. However, most of the members have to buy their own food.

The goal of caravan members is to reach the border and plead their case for asylum. Many will cross illegally and face deportation. However, for most caravan members, this is better than remaining in Honduras. Many of those on the caravan will drop out before reaching the border and attempt settle in Mexico.

Mass migrations from central America is nothing new they have been going on since the late 1990's.
They are being given support and money from the Hidden Foundations supported by people like Steyer, George Soros, and many others. It has their fingerprints all over the movement.
And you know this how? Show us your secret decoder ring...

Trump's "base" was already riled up by how shabbily you liberals treated a good man who was nominated for the Supreme Court, Old Lady! These caravans bum rushing our borders is simply one more example of how ludicrous the left's position is on open borders and the abolishing of ICE!

Fake News. Must not have provided much much because most of them are walking and begging for food and shelter on the way. The majority have dropped out and looking for a way back home.
------------------------------------------- spreading disinformation as you say that the majority have dropped out eh ?? How would YOU know eh Lilol ??

Forum List

Back