Looking to join the army, came here for some advice.

GetPwnedNoob

Rookie
Jul 26, 2017
Hello everyone, I am new here and am looking to join the Army. My brother has served for a long time and has done 2 tours to Iraq. I recently graduated high school and am looking to improve my skills as a fighter. I like fighting in army call of duty, it is super fun and I think I would be pretty good at it in real life. I actually am one of the best snippers on the scene and I have won so many tournaments that I drown in puss everyday. So do you reccomend any other games I should play before I sign up? does it take long to get 10th prestige in the real army? and can I call snipper?

Hello everyone, I am new here and am looking to join the Army. My brother has served for a long time and has done 2 tours to Iraq. I recently graduated high school and am looking to improve my skills as a fighter. I like fighting in army call of duty, it is super fun and I think I would be pretty good at it in real life. I actually am one of the best snippers on the scene and I have won so many tournaments that I drown in puss everyday. So do you reccomend any other games I should play before I sign up? does it take long to get 10th prestige in the real army? and can I call snipper?

You should go to your doctor and ask for a peanut butter shot then let us know how well you play Call of Duty.

If you want to join the US Army to serve your country, get money for school, learn a skill, etc etc, I applaud you.

Wanting to join the Army because you are good at a video game is so stupid as to border on insanity.

And no, you cannot "call sniper". You have to qualify to enter the training to be a Scout/Sniper. And buckle up, because the training is tough. Certainly not a video game.

If you want to join the US Army to serve your country, get money for school, learn a skill, etc etc, I applaud you.

Wanting to join the Army because you are good at a video game is so stupid as to border on insanity.

And no, you cannot "call sniper". You have to qualify to enter the training to be a Scout/Sniper. And buckle up, because the training is tough. Certainly not a video game.
The drill instructors are there to break you, see if you have what it takes to move on to be a soldier. They will wake you up before sunup, then will make you stay up way past sundown. You will do things over and over, to see if you can follow orders. They will push you to the limits which many people just cant make it. Of course that was back when soldiers were soldiers, but i have no idea with Joe Biteme's military that all you have to do now is just dress in drag.

DragQueenQA-640x401.jpg

You most likely won't be doing any of those things in the Army. They'll train you to do whatever they want you to be doing. But whatever it is, be the best at it.

Hate to tell you, but being in the military is nothing like playing a video game. There are long times of extreme boredom and training, with small short periods of "oh shit" adrenaline rushes.

While you may be great at playing a video game, actually following orders and being a productive military person are two totally different things. You don't get winded and worn out playing Call of Duty, you do if you're PTing or getting cycled by whatever higher up you pissed off.

If you want to join the military, do what one of the other posters on this thread suggested and ask your brother. Ask about the good, but also ask about the bad, and ask for the reason they still choose to remain in the service.

Also....................look at YOUR goals and what you want to eventually do. Maybe the military is a good fit, maybe not. But remember, being in the military is MUCH different than what your life is like as a civilian. As a civilian, you can go where you want, say what you want, dress how you like, and generally live your life as you choose. In the military, there are standards you must adhere to, as well as where you go is dictated by the needs of the service you are in, not your preferences.

Just before I started my senior year of HS, my Grandparents told me that they were breaking my plate when I turned 18, and that I would have to fend for myself after that. They also told me that there was no money to send me to college. I talked with my guidance counselor during my senior year, and they suggested joining the military. Education benefits were good, and as long as I was in, I'd have a steady paycheck.

I didn't join the Air Force because I grew up in an Air Force town and naturally had a bias against them. I talked with the Marines, but decided after a bit of conversation that I didn't want to become a bullet sponge. Grew up in Montana, so camping as a hobby was something I enjoyed very much, but as a lifestyle, it left a lot to be desired. I didn't want to live in a tent, so the Army was out.

Talked with the Navy recruiter, and he told me that my house (the ship), goes with me everywhere I went. I'd have AC in the summer and heat in the winter. I'd also get 3 hot meals everyday except for during battle drills when it would be box lunches. Then he told me about all the places he'd been, things that he'd seen (all the good stuff), and then told me about the boredom of being at sea, the constant drills I'd have to do (all the bad stuff), but it sounded like something I'd like doing for a while.

A bit over 20 years later, I retired from the Navy. I have a pension and health care for the rest of my life, as well as a lot of good (and some bad) memories of things that I've done and places I've been, with lots of good stories to go along with them.

Look at what you want to do, as well as what you want to accomplish in life. The military might be a good fit. But thinking of joining just because you are decent at playing Call of Duty is NOT a reason to join.

ive seen those ranger and seal training vids on youtube they dont look so tough bet I could breeze by and wreck everyone at the shooting range. Chris Kyle himself is a huge inspiration to me as that man was a bonified badass, I feel like with my cod experience I would easily make it into sniper training. Also the military does virtual combat simulations so it would very familiar with my background.

You most likely won't be doing any of those things in the Army. They'll train you to do whatever they want you to be doing. But whatever it is, be the best at it.
Well it's a good thing they will be training me for being sniper because that's what I'm good at. I'm not concerned about doing anything else other than because I know I will get in.

The drill instructors are there to break you, see if you have what it takes to move on to be a soldier. They will wake you up before sunup, then will make you stay up way past sundown. You will do things over and over, to see if you can follow orders. They will push you to the limits which many people just cant make it. Of course that was back when soldiers were soldiers, but i have no idea with Joe Biteme's military that all you have to do now is just dress in drag.

DragQueenQA-640x401.jpg
I mean what soldiers do in their private lives doesn't really concern me. If they want to dress up in a fur costume, whatever, just don't bring that crap to the battlefield and we're good.

ive seen those ranger and seal training vids on youtube they dont look so tough bet I could breeze by and wreck everyone at the shooting range. Chris Kyle himself is a huge inspiration to me as that man was a bonified badass, I feel like with my cod experience I would easily make it into sniper training. Also the military does virtual combat simulations so it would very familiar with my background.

Being a sniper in COD is NOTHING like what it actually is in the Army.

And.......................you don't just get to say you want to be a sniper and you are one. First, you have to be in for a bit to see if you actually have what it takes. Before you can be sent to sniper school, you have to be screened (based on your previous service), and IF they think you're qualified, and your command recommends you for it, they will send you to school.

But.......................going to sniper school DOESN'T mean you will become a sniper. The training is grueling to say the least, and many people wash out. IF you make it through training with a sufficiently high grade, then and only then will you be qualified to be a sniper.

And that doesn't even guarantee your slot as a sniper. Like I said in a previous post, the needs of whatever service you are in dictate whether or not you are allowed to do a particular job or go a particular place. If you are qualified and there is a billet, you get to go. If not, you don't. It's that simple.

The needs of the military determine your fate, not you.

Being a sniper in COD is NOTHING like what it actually is in the Army.

And.......................you don't just get to say you want to be a sniper and you are one. First, you have to be in for a bit to see if you actually have what it takes. Before you can be sent to sniper school, you have to be screened (based on your previous service), and IF they think you're qualified, and your command recommends you for it, they will send you to school.

But.......................going to sniper school DOESN'T mean you will become a sniper. The training is grueling to say the least, and many people wash out. IF you make it through training with a sufficiently high grade, then and only then will you be qualified to be a sniper.

And that doesn't even guarantee your slot as a sniper. Like I said in a previous post, the needs of whatever service you are in dictate whether or not you are allowed to do a particular job or go a particular place. If you are qualified and there is a billet, you get to go. If not, you don't. It's that simple.

The needs of the military determine your fate, not you.
I'd fall asleep as a sniper.

Based on your post...
There a good chance you would be denied entry based on mental state.
If you were to get in there's no way they'd let you near a sniper rifle.

Maybe go to ComiCon and show your "skills there"

Forum List

Back