Look how much warmer we are today than 12 years ago...

DavidS

Anti-Tea Party Member
Sep 7, 2008
New York, NY
If this isn't proof of global warming being a farce, I don't know what is!

These are SST readings from 1997 and 2009. SST means sea surface temperature, meaning the temperature at the surface of the sea.

The blues and purples mean below average and the reds and oranges mean above average.

Please note: Despite the weatherman on TV's definition of "average" in terms of the correct definition for weather, "average" does NOT mean "normal." It means out of a collection of temperatures on this date for the past 50 years, this is the AVERAGE temperature, meaning it's been warmer and it's been colder and this is the middle temperature.

anomnight.7.12.1997.gif

That's 1997. Look at all of the reds and oranges. Look at that pool of warm water by South America into the Pacific Ocean. This means that the water in that area is above average by a significant amount. In Summer 1997 we were in the midst of an El Nino, so this is quite normal for what an El Nino looks like.

anomnight.7.9.2009.gif

This is today... or yesterday. First, look at all of the blues and purples. There's a good deal of them. But also look at the orange beginning to turn darker near South America. This would be consistent with a developing El Nino, which is what I've been saying would happen for months and what NOAA recently said was happening.

If we're in global warming, there should be far less blues and yellows and far MORE oranges and reds, meaning that we should be warmer than the average. But we're not. In fact, we're cooler now than we were during July 1997. Why is that? Because we recently emerged from a very strong La Nina that's lasted from 2005 on. Whereas the last El Nino that developed from a La Nina was in 1996, the La Nina in 1995-1996 wasn't very strong at all. But wait a minute - how could we have a very strong La Nina when we have global warming going on?

The fact of the matter is, don't read any stupid pro or against websites, don't listen to the shit you hear on TV or radio. Look at these two maps. We're not warming. At all.

Our temperatures are dependent upon ENSO cycles. When we have a La Nina, we're cold and dry. When we have an El Nino, we're warm and wet. When we're neutral, it can go either way. So while I don't predict this upcoming winter to be anywhere close to as cold as last winter, I do predict much of the US will have a very nice snow season.

Nature is a bitch ... it likes to change things up a lot ... that's the reason us humans evolved from the other animals to begin with ... that's all there is to it.

OK, we have a incipient El Nino. If it develops, and the temps are higher worldwide than they were in 1998 and 2005, then you are completely wrong.

July 13, 2009 . . . . and we've still only had the a/c on once so far this season. Can't say as I ever recall not sweltering in the middle of summer in the suburbs of Philly.

Temps go up, temps go down, in and out and round and round. Such is the nature of . . . nature.

These are SST readings from 1997 and 2009. SST means sea surface temperature, meaning the temperature at the surface of the sea.

The blues and purples mean below average and the reds and oranges mean above average.

Please note: Despite the weatherman on TV's definition of "average" in terms of the correct definition for weather, "average" does NOT mean "normal." It means out of a collection of temperatures on this date for the past 50 years, this is the AVERAGE temperature, meaning it's been warmer and it's been colder and this is the middle temperature.

anomnight.7.12.1997.gif

That's 1997. Look at all of the reds and oranges. Look at that pool of warm water by South America into the Pacific Ocean. This means that the water in that area is above average by a significant amount. In Summer 1997 we were in the midst of an El Nino, so this is quite normal for what an El Nino looks like.

anomnight.7.9.2009.gif

This is today... or yesterday. First, look at all of the blues and purples. There's a good deal of them. But also look at the orange beginning to turn darker near South America. This would be consistent with a developing El Nino, which is what I've been saying would happen for months and what NOAA recently said was happening.

If we're in global warming, there should be far less blues and yellows and far MORE oranges and reds, meaning that we should be warmer than the average. But we're not. In fact, we're cooler now than we were during July 1997. Why is that? Because we recently emerged from a very strong La Nina that's lasted from 2005 on. Whereas the last El Nino that developed from a La Nina was in 1996, the La Nina in 1995-1996 wasn't very strong at all. But wait a minute - how could we have a very strong La Nina when we have global warming going on?

The fact of the matter is, don't read any stupid pro or against websites, don't listen to the shit you hear on TV or radio. Look at these two maps. We're not warming. At all.

Our temperatures are dependent upon ENSO cycles. When we have a La Nina, we're cold and dry. When we have an El Nino, we're warm and wet. When we're neutral, it can go either way. So while I don't predict this upcoming winter to be anywhere close to as cold as last winter, I do predict much of the US will have a very nice snow season.

so then you are a conspiracy theorist that believes the government s of many nations and
scientific institutions are involved in a conspiracy....interesting

Argo - part of the integrated global observation strategy

Over the past 50 years, the oceans have absorbed more than 80% of the total heat added to the air/sea/land/cyrosphere climate system (Levitus et al, 2005). As the dominant reservoir for heat, the oceans are critical for measuring the radiation imbalance of the planet and the surface layer of the oceans plays the role of thermostat and heat source/sink for the lower atmosphere.

Domingues et al (2008) and Levitus et al (2009) have recently estimated the multi-decadal upper ocean heat content using best-known corrections to systematic errors in the fall rate of expendable bathythermographs (Wijffels et al, 2008). For the upper 700m, the increase in heat content was 16 x 1022 J since 1961. This is consistent with the comparison by Roemmich and Gilson (2009) of Argo data with the global temperature time-series of Levitus et al (2005), finding a warming of the 0 - 2000 m ocean by 0.06°C since the (pre-XBT) early 1960's.

The sun is at its lowest level of activity in 80 years.

Pretty easy to explain.

Environuts simply ignore the fact that circumstantial evidence is all they have ... hell, they don't even know what that means.

anomnight.7.12.1997.gif

anomnight.7.9.2009.gif

Notice how the global warmers attempt to dismiss your information.

Your map makes it clear - global warming is a power grab farce...

Forum List

Back