LOL! Glen Beck accuses Teapees of racism

By stating that supporting Newt makes them appear Racist, to him - he's essentially using a fear-mongering tactic to get people to avoid voting for Newt is what he's doing. More slimy tactics from a slimy dude.
Yep. He is USING race to get people to do what he wants them to do. He's actually worse than your typical upfront racist.

Actually, he isn't. But I'm certain that facts are secondary to bullshit for you.

By stating that supporting Newt makes them appear Racist, to him - he's essentially using a fear-mongering tactic to get people to avoid voting for Newt is what he's doing. More slimy tactics from a slimy dude.
Yep. He is USING race to get people to do what he wants them to do. He's actually worse than your typical upfront racist.

Actually, he isn't. But I'm certain that facts are secondary to bullshit for you.

Yes he is.

Now it's "teapees"? Geez you have to wonder about lefties who post this stuff. Are they desperate for an issue or are they just so full of hatred that they just imagine things? Soros' tax exempt MM must be working overtime. Beck suggested that the issue might be about race. It's a far cry from calling someone racist.

What's 'slimy' about it. He's got an opinion and makes his living from voicing it. I don't necessarily agree with what he said but I do think he's raised an interesting issue. Why would anyone who supports small government support Gingrich.

Unfortunately, the actual point is lost because left wing media, and their borg, prefer bullshit to logic.

His point is slimy because there's way more reasons than RACE to be able to support Newt while simultaneously NOT supporting Obama. That's not obvious?

That's why it's slimy - and that's why it's a fear-monger tactic to try to get people to avoid Newt.

There are > a few repubs out there who believe a Newt candidacy will destroy the Repub/conserv/t-party brand at the polls. I tend to agree.

Based on his statement, and being that the title doesn't say "all" or "the whole," the thread title is accurate and it's you who are doing the misinterpreting - is all.

I saw him try to damage control the comment, too. It was short of "brilliant" or "integrity" by about 5, 000 degress.

Anyone with a reasonable intellect - and a grasp of comprehension - wouldn't need to have the comment 'explained'. The comment doesn't require 'damage control' if one actually understands the comment. The issue appears (to me) to be that so few actually comprehend it. Which, as I said previously, says more about the intellect of the reader/listener than it does about Beck.

I'd call you crazy, but you already know that you kinda are :D

I think you're blowing it way out of proportion and giving him far too much credit. What he said was...........................fuggin stupid.

It was only "fuggin stupid" as you so eloquently put it becuase of people like TM and Ravi who like to take for face value what was said as opposed to looking at the crux of the point he was trying to make...

Which is quite simple....

If you vote for Newt then why wouyld you want him over Obama......and whereas he used the race thing to hammer home the point....mnost people know that anyone who votes for Newt over Obama are doing so becuase they want a GOP president and not a democratic president...for most like to vote along party lines.

He used "race" to hammer home the point and his only mistake doiung that was he did not take into consideration that the asshiles that refer to him as a liar/sensationalist would change their tune and say "Beck is honest and direct and makes a great point".....

You might want to consider leaving this thread as you are totally making an ass of yourself.

You might want to consider leaving this thread as you are totally making an ass of yourself.

Only in the eyes of people like you Ravi....

And I highly doubt CG really cares what the likes of you thinks.

Anyone with a reasonable intellect - and a grasp of comprehension - wouldn't need to have the comment 'explained'. The comment doesn't require 'damage control' if one actually understands the comment. The issue appears (to me) to be that so few actually comprehend it. Which, as I said previously, says more about the intellect of the reader/listener than it does about Beck.

I think you're blowing it way out of proportion and giving him far too much credit. What he said was...........................fuggin stupid.

It was only "fuggin stupid" as you so eloquently put it becuase of people like TM and Ravi who like to take for face value what was said as opposed to looking at the crux of the point he was trying to make...

If you vote for Newt then why wouyld you want him over Obama......and whereas he used the race thing to hammer home the point....mnost people know that anyone who votes for Newt over Obama are doing so becuase they want a GOP president and not a democratic president...for most like to vote along party lines.

He used "race" to hammer home the point and his only mistake doiung that was he did not take into consideration that the asshiles that refer to him as a liar/sensationalist would change their tune and say "Beck is honest and direct and makes a great point".....

He did use race to hammer home the point, which was fucking stupid.

His point was that HE sees no Policy difference between Obama and Newt (and that's what's fuggin stupid - undeniably so! ), and throwing in that "since there's no policy difference, it looks like race to me" compounded the stupidity of an already stupid point.

There's a difference between saying that Newt's conservative record was spotty at times - and saying his policies are all the same as Obama's, which is inherantly fucking absurd.

He did use race to hammer home the point, which was fucking stupid.

His point was that HE sees no Policy difference between Obama and Newt (and that's what's fuggin stupid - undeniably so! ), and throwing in that "since there's no policy difference, it looks like race to me" compounded the stupidity of an already stupid point.

There's a difference between saying that Newt's conservative record was spotty at times - and saying his policies are all the same as Obama's, which is inherantly fucking absurd.

Yes...they are quite different....but Newt and Barak have some major similarities...such as government is the end all.....at least that is how I am starting to see him.

yeah, we should all realize that the beckster speaks in parables. when he said it's about race, he really meant it's about monetary policy.

what kind of blind partisan hack would take his words at face value???

:rolleyes:

i can't wait for the one with the loaves and fishes...

yeah, we should all realize that the beckster speaks in parables. when he said it's about race, he really meant it's about monetary policy.

what kind of blind partisan hack would take his words at face value???

:rolleyes:

i can't wait for the one with the loaves and fishes...

I'd examine my head if I couldn't understand why his point was a fear-mongering twit's way of saying "don't vote for Newt or you're going to be a "THEM!"

No he didn't. But please don't let your lack of comprehension get in the way of being informed of your opinion.

Did you learn a different English than the rest of us?

BECK: If you have a big government progressive, or a big government progressive in Obama, one in Newt Gingrich, one in Obama, ask yourself this, Tea Party: is it about Obama’s race? Because that’s what it appears to be to me. If you’re against him but you’re for this guy, it must be about race.

No. she simply understands hyperbole and sarcasm as well as the need to look at statements in context.

I know, it's not something you guys understand. I hope someday you will.

What worries me is that so few people couldn't see what he meant. We must have some serious problems in our public education system that so many Americans seem to lack even basic comprehension skills.

They see what they want to see, not what is actually said. If they cared about what was actually said, they'd be looking at it in context. heck they'd be listening to it because it's not exactly like Glenn isn't recorded.

I know and understand why he said it, get past the remedial shit.

You're yelling at people for claiming he said.................................................WHAT HE SAID.

You're not making anyone look stupid as you're pronouncing that you're doing, but just making yourself appear insecure about what he said.

He said that TPers who support Newt appear racist, to him. Fact.
You're calling people who point that out stupid/lacking comprehension/etc................when nothing they've said to my knowledge was outisde of what actually happened.

I'm not 'yelling', sweetie, I'm typing comments on a message board.... without even bothering to hit 'CAPS LOCK'. Don't read into my posts emotions that are not mine.

How I 'appear' is of no interest to me. I am interested in why people allow the media to interpret an individual's comments and accept that interpretation as fact. Personally, I find it unintelligent, shallow, and pathetic.

Except nobody interpreted them wrong, far as I've read.

So your comments are the ones that are absurd, because you're (whatever you're doing - mocking/ making fun of comprehension / etc.) the one who's not comprehending the conversation.

Really? no one interpreted them wrong?

I expected better of you.

I'm not 'yelling', sweetie, I'm typing comments on a message board.... without even bothering to hit 'CAPS LOCK'. Don't read into my posts emotions that are not mine.

How I 'appear' is of no interest to me. I am interested in why people allow the media to interpret an individual's comments and accept that interpretation as fact. Personally, I find it unintelligent, shallow, and pathetic.

Except nobody interpreted them wrong, far as I've read.

So your comments are the ones that are absurd, because you're (whatever you're doing - mocking/ making fun of comprehension / etc.) the one who's not comprehending the conversation.

Really? no one interpreted them wrong?

I expected better of you.

Not here.

All I see is mongering that his words were misinterpreted, but clearly all posters so far have interpreted them correctly.

He meant that Newt and Obama are virtually the same as far as policy (patently false, btw)..................so voting for Newt if you didn't for Obama would appear Racist, since it can't be policy.

It's not that deep of a point, although that may disappoint you. It's absurd on its face and it's also to the extreme.

His point is slimy because there's way more reasons than RACE to be able to support Newt while simultaneously NOT supporting Obama. That's not obvious?

That's why it's slimy - and that's why it's a fear-monger tactic to try to get people to avoid Newt.

Which, of course, he addressed.

Which makes the absolutely ignoring of those other points a sign of laziness or dishonesty.

He spent over a freakin hour going over all the possible reasons Tea Party people could support Newt since Newt is inconsistant with Tea Party values. And you, those on this board, and the left wing media are acting like one sentence out of an entire dialogue is the full extend of what he said.

If there is any sliminess, it's from you guys, not Glenn.

Forum List

Back