LMAO!!! We've Come A Long Way Baby

I made my choice....it's the same one these men made:

"The day will come when the mystical generation of Jesus, by the supreme being as his father in the womb of a virgin will be classed with the fable of the generation of Minerva in the brain of Jupiter. But we may hope that the dawn of reason and freedom of thought in these United States will do away with all this artificial scaffolding" ~Thomas Jefferson~ excerpt from a letter to John Adams

"I cannot imagine a God who rewards and punishes the objects of his creation, whose purposes are modeled after our own--a God, in short, who is but a reflection of human fraility. Neither can I believe that the individual survives the death of his body, although feeble souls harbor such thoughts through fear or ridiculous egotism. It is enough for me to contemplate the mystery of conscious life perpetuating itself through all eternity, to reflect upon the marvelous structure of the universe which we can dimly perceive, and to try humbly to comprehend even an infinitesimal part of the intelligence manifested in nature." ~Dr. Albert Einstein~

When somebody believes they will rise from the grave, join their ghost pal floating in the clouds and live an eternal life of bliss while I roast in a pit because I don't share their belief....they've got it bad.

Who said you are going to roast in a pit? You lie, so don’t use that as your big excuse for dismissing the faith.

Is Jefferson God’s prophet? Is he to be more esteemed than St. Francis of Assissi? How about St. John Vianney who battled with the literal devil almost nightly and demonstrated miraculous gifts on a regular basis? Is it because it was “so long ago” that allows you to laugh it off?

Really, have you ever stopped and thought just how unfair and myopic are your reasons for denying the truth… the obvious truth? You just cannot see how pride clouds reason.

The KJ version uses the word "hell" 31 times, but it interesting to note that the same Hebrew word Sheol was also translated into two other words, "grave" and "pit."
In the "New Testiment," the King James Version translates the Greek word "hades" in all 10 places it occurs, as "hell." The King James Version also uses the word "hell" or "hellfire" when translating the Greek word "Gehenna" 12 times.

Matthew 5
22 But I tell you that anyone who is angry with his brother will be subject to judgment. Again, anyone who says to his brother, 'Raca,' is answerable to the Sanhedrin. But anyone who says, 'You fool!' will be in danger of the fire of hell.

Revelations 21
8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

There's plenty more. There are 162 mentions of hell in the new testament...70 of them by Jesus.

No one (of my ilk) is denying there is a hell, cammmpbell. Nor am I suggesting some do not end up there. I would never tell you who or why (with any certaintly), though.

But my question was "who said YOU are going there or deserve it?" I did not. The Catholic Church did not. The Catholic Church has never ruled or proclaimed that any man is in hell, not even Judas. So the accusation that we are judging you is highly volatile and unfair.

The Catholic Church has said in its councils in various forms (paraphrase) that "those through no fault of their own (i.e. not having known or been rightfully exposed to the gospel) may still very well be saved." It goes on to intimate that they will likely be judged based on their charity (or lack of it) or violations of their own conscience. Stuff along those lines.

Who said you are going to roast in a pit? You lie, so don’t use that as your big excuse for dismissing the faith.

Is Jefferson God’s prophet? Is he to be more esteemed than St. Francis of Assissi? How about St. John Vianney who battled with the literal devil almost nightly and demonstrated miraculous gifts on a regular basis? Is it because it was “so long ago” that allows you to laugh it off?

Really, have you ever stopped and thought just how unfair and myopic are your reasons for denying the truth… the obvious truth? You just cannot see how pride clouds reason.

The KJ version uses the word "hell" 31 times, but it interesting to note that the same Hebrew word Sheol was also translated into two other words, "grave" and "pit."
In the "New Testiment," the King James Version translates the Greek word "hades" in all 10 places it occurs, as "hell." The King James Version also uses the word "hell" or "hellfire" when translating the Greek word "Gehenna" 12 times.

Matthew 5
22 But I tell you that anyone who is angry with his brother will be subject to judgment. Again, anyone who says to his brother, 'Raca,' is answerable to the Sanhedrin. But anyone who says, 'You fool!' will be in danger of the fire of hell.

Revelations 21
8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

There's plenty more. There are 162 mentions of hell in the new testament...70 of them by Jesus.

No one (of my ilk) is denying there is a hell, cammmpbell. Nor am I suggesting some do not end up there. I would never tell you who or why (with any certaintly), though.

But my question was "who said YOU are going there or deserve it?" I did not. The Catholic Church did not. The Catholic Church has never ruled or proclaimed that any man is in hell, not even Judas. So the accusation that we are judging you is highly volatile and unfair.

The Catholic Church has said in its councils in various forms (paraphrase) that "those through no fault of their own (i.e. not having known or been rightfully exposed to the gospel) may still very well be saved." It goes on to intimate that they will likely be judged based on their charity (or lack of it) or violations of their own conscience. Stuff along those lines.

You folks just never do pay attention to what it says. Read your book because you claim that what it says is the gospel truth. When your ancient bullshit tells anyone that because they don't believe it they will burn it makes the whole thing a load of horse shit. 'Course what might one expect from a gang of ignorant primitives who believed in witches and thought the earth was flat?

John 3
18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Revelations 21

Last edited:
Ignoring all that other stuff, but this music would have been considered satanic just fifteen years ago, probably.

Of course, TDWP is a Christian Metal band (and truly badass), but a lot of people don't know that.

[youtube]pns297l_sfs[/youtube]

I made my choice....it's the same one these men made:

"The day will come when the mystical generation of Jesus, by the supreme being as his father in the womb of a virgin will be classed with the fable of the generation of Minerva in the brain of Jupiter. But we may hope that the dawn of reason and freedom of thought in these United States will do away with all this artificial scaffolding" ~Thomas Jefferson~ excerpt from a letter to John Adams

"I cannot imagine a God who rewards and punishes the objects of his creation, whose purposes are modeled after our own--a God, in short, who is but a reflection of human fraility. Neither can I believe that the individual survives the death of his body, although feeble souls harbor such thoughts through fear or ridiculous egotism. It is enough for me to contemplate the mystery of conscious life perpetuating itself through all eternity, to reflect upon the marvelous structure of the universe which we can dimly perceive, and to try humbly to comprehend even an infinitesimal part of the intelligence manifested in nature." ~Dr. Albert Einstein~

When somebody believes they will rise from the grave, join their ghost pal floating in the clouds and live an eternal life of bliss while I roast in a pit because I don't share their belief....they've got it bad.

Matthew 5

Revelations 21

Luke 16
24 So he called to him, 'Father Abraham, have pity on me and send Lazarus to dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue, because I am in agony in this fire.'

So you admit you lie. Im a bit surprised by that.

You realize, you don't have to lie. Just try being honest for a change. The Truth will set you free.

Matthew 5

Revelations 21

Luke 16
24 So he called to him, 'Father Abraham, have pity on me and send Lazarus to dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue, because I am in agony in this fire.'

You realize, you don't have to lie. Just try being honest for a change. The Truth will set you free.

I brought you the whole story, I've heard dozens of sermons preached about the pit of hell, a couple of them at someone's funeral...now I show you the two additional translations for the Hebrew word Sheol, grave and pit and you're still maintaining that my use of the word was an error. For someone who doesn't even question virgin birth and resurrection don't you think you might be getting just a little bit pickey?

It doesn't really make any difference.....you go right ahead and look forward to the damn pit yourself unless you plan on becoming meek. turning the other cheek, walking the extra mile and becoming perfect. Remember what it says in James, "Faith Without Works Is Dead." Remember that it says "Not Everyone Who Says Lord, Lord Will Enter But Those Who Do The Will Of My Father." Remember that it says, "Be Ye Therefore Perfect, Even As The Father Is Perfect." See.....the problem you have is that you've never read the book much less understand what it says about your eternal existance. Don't feel bad.....I was in the church for nearly forty years and less than 10% of those who show up for an hour and a half once a week even have a clue. They used to stand in awe when I could quote scripture continuously chapter and verse and all the time I was thinking, "You should try reading a little of it some time."

Last edited:

Matthew 5

Revelations 21

Luke 16

I brought you the whole story, I've heard dozens of sermons preached about the pit of hell, a couple of them at someone's funeral...now I show you the two additional translations for the Hebrew word Sheol, grave and pit and you're still maintaining that my use of the word was an error. For someone who doesn't even question virgin birth and resurrection don't you think you might be getting just a little bit pickey?

It doesn't really make any difference.....you go right ahead and look forward to the damn pit yourself unless you plan on becoming meek. turning the other cheek, walking the extra mile and becoming perfect. Remember what it says in James, "Faith Without Works Is Dead." Remember that it says "Not Everyone Who Says Lord, Lord Will Enter But Those Who Do The Will Of My Father." Remember that it says, "Be Ye Therefore Perfect, Even As The Father Is Perfect." See.....the problem you have is that you've never read the book much less understand what it says about your eternal existance. Don't feel bad.....I was in the church for nearly forty years and less than 10% of those who show up for an hour and a half once a week even have a clue. They used to stand in awe when I could quote scripture continuously chapter and verse and all the time I was thinking, "You should try reading a little of it some time."

Stand in awe? Why, because you can quote Bible verses? They really need to raise the bar.

The fact is, I do not find your rebuttals and quotes all that impressive at all, not even germane. For one, who is saying there is not hell, for the THIRD time?

But is that why you reject the idea of God? Because there may be a hell? Seems to me you reject everything about God and the Bible and the Christian faith.

But to complicate matters a bit, I do not know what the Protestants are preaching but a lot of your Bible quotes do not mean that if you do not "meet the grade" (so to speak) it does not then follow that one is destined for the lake of fire. No. There is a place of purification called purgatory where the Catholic Church teaches many, many souls first go to be purified, to be educated, and so on. Nothing defiled enters the kingdom of heaven. God is pure light and there is no darkness found in Him or in heaven.

Stand in awe? Why, because you can quote Bible verses? They really need to raise the bar.

The fact is, I do not find your rebuttals and quotes all that impressive at all, not even germane. For one, who is saying there is not hell, for the THIRD time?

But is that why you reject the idea of God? Because there may be a hell? Seems to me you reject everything about God and the Bible and the Christian faith.

But to complicate matters a bit, I do not know what the Protestants are preaching but a lot of your Bible quotes do not mean that if you do not "meet the grade" (so to speak) it does not then follow that one is destined for the lake of fire. No. There is a place of purification called purgatory where the Catholic Church teaches many, many souls first go to be purified, to be educated, and so on. Nothing defiled enters the kingdom of heaven. God is pure light and there is no darkness found in Him or in heaven.

For about the tenth time.....when somebody has to go to ignorant primitives who thought the earth was flat and believed in miracles, ghosts, witchcraft, etc. to add meaning and direction to their lives.....they're fucked. It ain't rocket science.

Last edited:
Now with better diets, less smoking, sophisticated electronic diagnostic systems, heart catherization, balloon therapy, stents, bypasses, transplants, radiation and chemo, stem cell transplants, laporascopic surgery, etc. the same kind of patients live into their eighties and sometimes nineties. The average life expectency has gradually worked it's way up into the high seventies.
That's great, now we can live miserable, tired, aching lives long after 60, usually in some sterile nursing home, feeding even more of our hard earned money to the Greedy Three (health care/insurance/pharmaceuticals) while we watch our kids and maybe grandkids grow old too. Gotta love modern technology.

Now with better diets, less smoking, sophisticated electronic diagnostic systems, heart catherization, balloon therapy, stents, bypasses, transplants, radiation and chemo, stem cell transplants, laporascopic surgery, etc. the same kind of patients live into their eighties and sometimes nineties. The average life expectency has gradually worked it's way up into the high seventies.
That's great, now we can live miserable, tired, aching lives long after 60, usually in some sterile nursing home, feeding even more of our hard earned money to the Greedy Three (health care/insurance/pharmaceuticals) while we watch our kids and maybe grandkids grow old too. Gotta love modern technology.

LOL....you're wrong. I'm 78 and I've never had a day like what you describe. 'Course my mom turned 100 the last day of July, one of her brothers was still farming till he was 95 and my dad lived to 89...two months short of 90. My dad did spend about six months in a nursing home but the others have never been close to one except to visit.

The problem you people have is that you fell for that Jesus loves me shit and you never have gotten over it.

Your problem is that you didn't. Because you didn't, not only you but generations after you will join you and the rich man begging for salvation for your family, but your opportunity will have passed your family by.

I answer you and you ignore me.
Hit me with some prophecy Cammmpbell. :)

But you have to be loving your godless schools now!!! God out. Dead children all over the place. Yay Cammmpbell! Bad God for restraining evil! Bad bad God.

It is so much better for society for God to leave, so you and your father Satan can take over. What movie theater will you be attending this weekend Sata, I mean Cammmpbell?

Whatever happened to Rock and Roll being the Devil's music?

Well......there's a little matter of the history of the church distancing itself from anything which hinders their collection plate or attendance. Even as we speak the new Pope is hinting that the Catholic church might begin to tolerate Gay marriage.

"I cannot imagine a God who rewards and punishes the objects of his creation, whose purposes are modeled after our own--a God, in short, who is but a reflection of human fraility. Neither can I believe that the individual survives the death of his body, although feeble souls harbor such thoughts through fear or ridiculous egotism. It is enough for me to contemplate the mystery of conscious life perpetuating itself through all eternity, to reflect upon the marvelous structure of the universe which we can dimly perceive, and to try humbly to comprehend even an infinitesimal part of the intelligence manifested in nature" ~Dr. Albert Einstein~

"A man’s ethical behavior should be based effectually on sympathy, education, and social ties and needs; no religious basis is necessary. Man would indeed be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear of punishment and hope of reward after death."
-~Albert Einstein~

Last edited:
They've learned they were wrong....and that you have to make Christianity APPEALING to the younger people. they were never really interested because Church was boring! I was that way! Now we're showing the younger people that we can have fun too....and it's not all THOU SHALT NOT!

I have found that teaching the truth is what will appeal to young people. The youth of this nation are hungering and thirsting after truth and righteousness. We just need to not be afraid to teach it.

Forum List

Back