List of reelected GOP Presidents since WW2 Who Doubled the National Debt

So the debt added under Democrats doesn't count? My debt is better because it's not as much as your's interesting logic it's kind of like saying it's better to drown in 18 feet of water instead of 20.

This pretty much describes the republicans and their "fiscal responsibility":

"In 1976 I was impressed with Ronald Reagan’s program and was one of the four members of Congress who endorsed his candidacy. In 1980, unlike other Republican office holders in Texas, I again supported our President in his efforts.

Since 1981, however, I have gradually and steadily grown weary of the Republican Party’s efforts to reduce the size of the federal government. Since then Ronald Reagan and the Republican Party have given us skyrocketing deficits, and astoundingly a doubled national debt. How is it that the party of balanced budgets, with control of the White House and Senate, accumulated red ink greater than all previous administrations put together? Tip O’Neill, although part of the problem, cannot alone be blamed.

Tax revenues are up 59 percent since 1980. Because of our economic growth? No. During Carter’s four years, we had growth of 37.2 percent; Reagan’s five years have given us 30.7 percent. The new revenues are due to four giant Republican tax increases since 1981."

SOURCE

Let me see if I have this right... The OP is making the claim that (let’s take Bush) Bush is bad because in 8 years he doubled the deficit... So Obama is bad because he is closing in on that number in half the time as Bush?

Also, by definition wouldn't that prove without a doubt that Bush was a Progressive liberal? I mean where do you think all that money went? When Obama takes out dictators it’s Awesome! But when Bush did it it’s evil?

Both these men are evil, both these parties are evil. They are so incredibly the same it hurts my eyes watching "you people" fight each other.

I want a definitive answer right now. From you Libs....

Is the deficit the Presidents or the Congresses? Or is it dependent on who controls each so you can blame a single party?

If the President is responsible for the deficit then Obama is the worst President ever spending as much as Bush in half the time.

If Congress is to blame then the Dems are as much as at fault as the Republicans because the 4 years they had sole control of the Congress the most money ever was spent. And they are equally responsible for the 3 years of the last12 they had partial control.

Is the deficit the Presidents or the Congresses? Or is it dependent on who controls each so you can blame a single party?

If the President is responsible for the deficit then Obama is the worst President ever spending as much as Bush in half the time.

If Congress is to blame then the Dems are as much as at fault as the Republicans because the 4 years they had sole control of the Congress the most money ever was spent. And they are equally responsible for the 3 years of the last12 they had partial control.

Who ultimately signs the bill or vetoes the bill?

Who ultimately signs the bill or vetoes the bill?

So you say the President. So that means Obama is the worst spending as MUCH as Bush in half the time while asking for trillions more.

You cannot have an honest talk about deficits and budgets without mentioning the Dems "Budget Impoundment Act of 1974" that neutered the Presidency as a co-partner in the budget.

Congress owns the budgets, the President does not have a say.

Reagan asked for a line item veto, remember?

1) Reagan

2) Bush

Well.

Surely didn't take long to read THAT list.

:lol:

actually, you could add to that list FDR. He had a national debt of a whopping 19.5 Billion and when he died in 1945 it was 260 Billion.

Woodrow Wilson found a national debt of 2.9 Billion and increased it to 26 Billion.

Of course, these expendatures involved World Wars. But them managed to sneak social programs in there as well.

So the logical question becomes, who is responsible for increases in debt?

The two biggest line items in the system today are Social Security and Medicare. Bush and Obama didn't create those, but the bills for them are coming due now as a lot more people are riding in the wagon than pulling it.

And this is where both parties are truly messed up.

The Democrats want more people riding in the wagon, while the Republicans want the people pulling the wagon to pull it harder for less money so a few rich douchebags can have polo ponies.

Forum List

Back