Limbaugh's fault.

Caligirl

Oh yes it is too!
Aug 25, 2008
For telling his listeners to vote for Hillary in the primaries in order to drag out the democratic process. That did two things:

1. Made Obama a sharper candidate ready fora general election and

2. swelled the apparent number of 'hillary voters' which played into McCain's choice to puick a woman as his VP.

If Limbaugh hadn't pushed for his listeners to vote Hillary, Texas and Indiana could have gone to Obama in the primaries, Obama would have it wrapped up and been a less strong candidate and this whole PUMA/hillary voter thing would have never gotten the legs it did, and McCain would have picked Pawlenty or Jindal. McCain would have won.

For telling his listeners to vote for Hillary in the primaries in order to drag out the democratic process. That did two things:

1. Made Obama a sharper candidate ready fora general election and

2. swelled the apparent number of 'hillary voters' which played into McCain's choice to puick a woman as his VP.

If Limbaugh hadn't pushed for his listeners to vote Hillary, Texas and Indiana could have gone to Obama in the primaries, Obama would have it wrapped up and been a less strong candidate and this whole PUMA/hillary voter thing would have never gotten the legs it did, and McCain would have picked Pawlenty or Jindal. McCain would have won.

A lovely non sequitur... truly.

Now how exactly does it follow that because Limbaugh encouraged his listeners to vote for Hillary, necessarily dragging out the primaries, exposing Hussein to substantially more scrutiny than he would otherwise have experienced, that Hussein would have been 'less strong'?

ROFLMNAO... you people are absolute imbeciles.

Palin strengthened McCain's doomed candidacy... this notion that it did otherwise is absolutely BASELESS. Moderates were NOT and ARE NEVER the issue... Moderates will ALWAYS go with the popular choice. The Media turned Hussein into a pop-con and there was no contest to that iconic status by McCain UNTIL PALIN came aboard and even THEN McCain spent every opportunity reinforcing Hussein's iconic status by informing those to whom he spoke of what a great and honorable man Hussein is... which is first absolutely false and secondly lends credence to the notions being advanced by the opposition, which McCain largely endorsed.

You're giving Rush WAAAAYYY too much credit

Well, maybe, but as long as blaming everyone from Palin to Jack Ryan is sort of on people's minds, why not throw Rush into the mix.

It does feel a bit hillary-esque, though, I admit, when she blamed on her loss on everything from the advantage of being black to the failure of the media to report on Edwards' affair earlier.

Rushes audience is shrinking because he's been lying to people for years and the evidence of his Neo-Republican has manifested recently so obviously that even the dumbest of the dumb realized what total bullshit he's been selling.

Limbaugh and other "entertainers" like him serve to poison true conservatism in the minds of many people. Where is it written that having conservative values must be accompanied by anti-intellectualism, shameless half-truths and outrights distortions about those with opposing opinions, and endless and absurd attacks against political opponents for essentially each and every move they make (or are fantasized to have made). As a conservative, I'm sorry to see my basic beliefs being associated with such idiocy. Making matters worse of course is that it is played out on our airwaves, hour after hour, day after day. Limbaugh, Hannity, and all you others, please go away. You've done enough to smear true conservatives by prentending to adopt conservative principals. We need the voices of thinking conservatives in the public consciousness, not your juvenile and meaningless nonsense.

Rushes audience is shrinking because he's been lying to people for years and the evidence of his Neo-Republican has manifested recently so obviously that even the dumbest of the dumb realized what total bullshit he's been selling.

Is it?

Ya know I've been hearing the idiocracy spew this crap since the early 1990s when he was adding dozens of affiliate stations a week.

Now cite the ratings which is the ONLY potential source on which this assertion can rest OR CONCEDE BY DEFAULT BY NOT POSTING THE RATINGS WHICH BACK THIS NONSENSE UP.

This idiot will now NOT be able to cite ANY ratings which show a reductions in Limbaugh's audience.

Limbaugh has maintained the largest audience in the radio broadcasting industry for over twenty years and that hasn't changed, nor is it likely to change until he decides he's had his fill of it.

Limbaugh and other "entertainers" like him serve to poison true conservatism in the minds of many people. Where is it written that having conservative values must be accompanied by anti-intellectualism, shameless half-truths and outrights distortions about those with opposing opinions, and endless and absurd attacks against political opponents for essentially each and every move they make (or are fantasized to have made). As a conservative, I'm sorry to see my basic beliefs being associated with such idiocy. Making matters worse of course is that it is played out on our airwaves, hour after hour, day after day. Limbaugh, Hannity, and all you others, please go away. You've done enough to smear true conservatives by prentending to adopt conservative principals. We need the voices of thinking conservatives in the public consciousness, not your juvenile and meaningless nonsense.

ROFLMNAO...

Now this member comes to lament the distorting of conservatism... yet the member fails to define what 'true conservatism' is and to specify precisely how Limbaugh has distorted this ethereal notion.

Of course the reason is, that this member can't define true conservatism, as to do so would expose this turd as yet another leftist trying to hide behind the facade of an American.

So how about it dipstick... provide the definition of 'true conservatism' or concede by default through your failure to do so, that you're a pathetic piece of shit (Leftist) advancing deceipt as truth, due to a distinct lack of options.

I agree completely.

I love good conservative writers and intellects, especially Mark Steyn but also George Will, William Buckly, etc. I used to read the American Spectator religiously.

The mindless hacks in the Sewer Media such as Limbaugh are an embarrassment and make me cringe.

Of course the reason is, that this member can't define true conservatism, as to do so would expose this turd as yet another leftist trying to hide behind the facade of an American.

That's right. Because thinking correctly and having the proper political affiliation is what defines being an American, is in no way contradictory to liberty and freedom, and is widespread in the "pro-American" parts of the country.

That's right. Because thinking correctly and having the proper political affiliation is what defines being an American, is in no way contradictory to liberty and freedom, and is widespread in the "pro-American" parts of the country.

Isn't it wonderful how these 'true Conservatives' can NEVER define what that is supposed to mean?

I mean this screed clearly means that being an American is effectively meaningless... anyone can apparently be an American with absolutely NO responsibility being associated to the concept.

Gee... that sounds VERY FAMILIAR TO ME... It simply wreaks of Left-think.

Here's a tip sis... Being an American comes wih understanding what America means and holding to the principles on which she is founded. Lending credence to those who decidedly oppose those principles does not make you an American, it makes you an enabler of those out to destroy the means of the nation to exercise those principles through her government. And sis, just so ya know, you're not free to advocate for that which will destroy America...

LOL! Here we go again, if you don't agree with the wingnut theories of people like Publius, you are not truly American. LOL! What a bunch of losers!

Isn't it wonderful how these 'true Conservatives' can NEVER define what that is supposed to mean?

I mean this screed clearly means that being an American is effectively meaningless... anyone can apparently be an American with absolutely NO responsibility being associated to the concept.

Gee... that sounds VERY FAMILIAR TO ME... It simply wreaks of Left-think.

Here's a tip sis... Being an American comes wih understanding what America means and holding to the principles on which she is founded. Lending credence to those who decidedly oppose those principles does not make you an American, it makes you an enabler of those out to destroy the means of the nation to exercise those principles through her government. And sis, just so ya know, you're not free to advocate for that which will destroy America...

Well thank you Senator McCarthy. Its very kind of you to inform everyone from the after-life what it means to be an American!

Being an American comes wih understanding what America means and holding to the principles on which she is founded.

Life, liberty, the pursuit of happiness?

you're not free to advocate for that which will destroy America...

I'll be honest, you've sort of stumped me with this one. Is it actually against a law? It sounds like it should be, but I keep coming back to some fundamentals.

Americans hold certain truths to be self evident, that all men are created equal, etc etc, and staying true to these founding principles we believe that America will not be undone.

Put another way, there is nothing to fear but fear itself.

You are free to post the things you post, they're interesting, and others are free to post in disagreement. Neither makes one or the other argument more or less american.

Though, as I sit here thinking about it, I suppose posting about limiting liberties might be less american than posting about expanding liberties. But you're still free to do so, because this is America.

And btw, most of us are american by birth, we did not have to pass a litmus test for it.

Last edited:

He just signed a multi-billion dollar deal... I don't think the word shrinking should be used in any form of context whatsoever with Rush Limabugh. :eek:

Forum List

Back