Limbaugh Lower Now

Discussion in 'Media' started by rayboyusmc, Mar 12, 2009.

1. rayboyusmc

rayboyusmc Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +338
    Interesting read on the current Republican party dilemna. Best read from the beginning, not just the quote below.

Why Rush Limbaugh Is Good for the Republicans

2. xsited1

xsited1 Agent P

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,306
    Interesting read, but what did you mean by 'Limbaugh Lower Now'?

3. editec

editec Mr. Forgot-it-All

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,617
    Yes, that is a petetrating analysis of the Rush v RNC flap, I agree.

However, I do NOT think that the liberals will EVER come up with the equivalent to Rush.

About as close to Rush as the Liberals can get is NPR, and the liberal dish they serve up is wildly different than the pap that Rush's listeners seem to think so delicious.

Air America is failing because liberals do NOT think in the same way (forget content, I mean HOW they think, not WHAT they think) as most conservatives.

4. Mad Scientist

Mad Scientist Deplorable Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,680
    Umm, I thought the MSM declared Rush irrelevant when McCain won the nomination? Yeah they did.

5. auditor0007

auditor0007 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,218
    There are two factions to the Republican party; there always has been. Those factions come together when the opposing view (Democratic) moves too far to the left. The last election was an exception as many Republicans, from both factions, were just plain upset with the past administration. There was no cohesiveness within the party. Also, because there are more Democrats than Republicans, the Republicans rely on the Independents. Those Independents move back and forth between parties based on which way the wind is blowing. As with many Republicans in the last election, Independents were so upset with the last administration that they switched sides.

Everyone acts as if Conservatism and the Republican Party is dead. It is far from dead. Obama won with 53% of the vote. Yes, it was a big win in the electoral college, but the fact remains that if 4% of voters had switched sides, Obama would not have won. 4% is not a lot. Unless Obama and the Dems perform miracles, it is very likely that by 2012, that 4% will move back to the right.

6. editec

editec Mr. Forgot-it-All

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,617
    Agreed.

If the economy doesn't begin to show a glimmer of recovery, then the Dems are going to get slaughtered in 2010.

And if the Republicans have the same luck, then BOTH parties (one hopes) are BOTH going to get slaughtered in 2014.

The American people are getting fed up with BOTH parties, that much is obvious.

And the good cop bad cop game can ONLY work as long as enough SOMEBODIES benefits from it, too.

NOW, as millions of formerly employed people are discovering that neither party is willing to stop playing games long enough to actually FIX things, well..

frankly I don't know WHAT happens when we lose faith in both parties, but I doubt it will be good.

7. sealybobo

sealybobo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,159
    I just want to take this opportunity to point out that the media is not liberal. If it were, where is our version of Rush?

Randi Rhodes is the closest thing we have, and the Corporate Radio Station she works for fired her.

And don't tell us Chris Matthews is liberal, because he sucks, and we don't want him.

So basically, Corporate Right Wing Republicans pick who we get to listen to. And they pick what those "celebrities" get to talk about on the air.

And every "liberal" political show always seems to have on a guest like Rove, Delay, Newt or Pat Buchanan on, so the Republicans always get their say, even on liberal shows.

8. sealybobo

sealybobo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,159
    Who's losing faith in the Democratic party? You? The right wingers on these boards?

Please tell me who had faith and now has lost that faith.

I want to go back and read their past posts and see if they ever really had faith to begin with.

9. WillowTree

WillowTree Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,702

where is your equivilant to Rush you ask? why dear that would be bobble necked maddow and olberman throws paper breaks glass on MSNBC what a bunch of crybabies.. jeez

10. sealybobo

sealybobo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,159
    They might be the counter to the guys on Fox News, but who is our radio version of Rush?

We don't get one. That's because the media has been purchased and taken over by the Republican party.

And when you give us a token spokesman, it's a pussy like Ed Schultz or Bill Press.

Randi Rhodes beat Rush in head to head markets.

Ah, explaining it to you is like explaining why your cooter is so full of yeast. Why bother explaining when its not going to change anything.