Life is Good

Back to the topic there are always opportunities that come from a hiccup in life. Example: Last night our power went out 6 hours...instead of complain and become frustrated we choose to sit around and talk as a family. It was a great night! Glass was half full last night and most days.

Just sitting here thinking to myself.... live really is good. Sure there's been those dark times in my life, but they're all in the past. Now, I thank the Lord for what I have. Not to sit here and go on and on about what I don't have, I'm thanking for what I do have. And I don't want go on and on about what I do have either. I probably have more than some and less than others. I'm happy where I'm at in my life. I have my faults, who doesn't. We deal with them. But lately I've been looking past all the bad and focusing on the good, and I can honestly say I'm happier'n a bug in a rug. Life is good.

I just wonder if anybody else feels the same as I do...

Ditto.

Two regrets: I would have had my wedding recorded (such a duh on that one) and I would not have had that root canal. Just . . . . pull the damn thing.

No, three .... three things. I would have gone away to college right after high school.

Back to the topic there are always opportunities that come from a hiccup in life. Example: Last night our power went out 6 hours...instead of complain and become frustrated we choose to sit around and talk as a family. It was a great night! Glass was half full last night and most days.

A good half full glass of wine stimulates the conversation.

Yes Pale, I wake up every day and think such....we have it a little different than you....we are living on just 20% of what it once took, but are honestly much happier people than we once were when in the rat race!

We now have time to smell the roses, and view nature in a more humbling kind of way....and it is BEAUTIFUL....that resonates in the soul....which brings happiness to me.

care

Just sitting here thinking to myself.... live really is good. Sure there's been those dark times in my life, but they're all in the past. Now, I thank the Lord for what I have. Not to sit here and go on and on about what I don't have, I'm thanking for what I do have. And I don't want go on and on about what I do have either. I probably have more than some and less than others. I'm happy where I'm at in my life. I have my faults, who doesn't. We deal with them. But lately I've been looking past all the bad and focusing on the good, and I can honestly say I'm happier'n a bug in a rug. Life is good.

Ditto.

Two regrets: I would have had my wedding recorded (such a duh on that one) and I would not have had that root canal. Just . . . . pull the damn thing.

No, three .... three things. I would have gone away to college right after high school.

You could always have a second marriage, and have that one recorded.

Yes Pale, I wake up every day and think such....we have it a little different than you....we are living on just 20% of what it once took, but are honestly much happier people than we once were when in the rat race!

We now have time to smell the roses, and view nature in a more humbling kind of way....and it is BEAUTIFUL....that resonates in the soul....which brings happiness to me.

care

Yeah I went from making almost a six figure income down to nothing, practically. But it seems as though I have more now. But moving back here to Wisconsin was part of it. We've been getting rain, then sun, then rain, then sun, and everything, and I mean everything that isn't a road or a building is GREEN! I missed that more than I knew while I lived out west. Southern Arizona and ALL of Nevada are just DIRT. How absolutely, mind numbingly boring. I grew to hate it. How can people live there? I don't know. You can smell the trees around here, the flowers, the fresh mowed lawn, the fresh cut hay fields, and even the occasional manure smell emanating from a farm. I don't mind that either... :lol:

I've come to really appreciate my surroundings.

Last edited:

Ditto.

You could always have a second marriage, and have that one recorded.

yeah but it wouldn't be the same. I've been married 22 years and many of the people who were at our wedding are now dead. Also, I never projected 'down the road' and thought about showing my kids a video of us in our youth. Ah, they'd just make fun of us anyway, I'm sure. :)

care

Yeah I went from making almost a six figure income down to nothing, practically. But it seems as though I have more now. But moving back here to Wisconsin was part of it. We've been getting rain, then sun, then rain, then sun, and everything, and I mean everything that isn't a road or a building is GREEN! I missed that more than I knew while I lived out west. Southern Arizona and ALL of Nevada are just DIRT. How absolutely, mind numbingly boring. I grew to hate it. How can people live there? I don't know. You can smell the trees around here, the flowers, the fresh mowed lawn, the fresh cut hay fields, and even the occasional manure smell emanating from a farm. I don't mind that either... :lol:

I know just how you feel. I live in the NE and one of my favorite things is the variety of weather / four seasons. Just when I think I can't stand the cold or wet dreary it changes to spring. Same for summer into fall. And the fall . . . . my favorite!! (not just because the kids go back to school either, really!)

care

I know just how you feel. I live in the NE and one of my favorite things is the variety of weather / four seasons. Just when I think I can't stand the cold or wet dreary it changes to spring. Same for summer into fall. And the fall . . . . my favorite!! (not just because the kids go back to school either, really!)

I love fall too. I like spring, summer and fall, but winter, I can stand a little of it, like up until New Years, and then I want to get out of it, and that's exactly what I'm going to do next winter. Take off for Georgia for a couple months, see my old Air Force buddy and roam around the south. Take a jaunt on down to Tampa and look over my old stomping grounds and such, then head back up north here after the worst of winter is over. Ought take the sting right out of winter.

Forum List

Back