Life is Good

Charter Member
May 8, 2004
Podunk, WI
Just sitting here thinking to myself.... live really is good. Sure there's been those dark times in my life, but they're all in the past. Now, I thank the Lord for what I have. Not to sit here and go on and on about what I don't have, I'm thanking for what I do have. And I don't want go on and on about what I do have either. I probably have more than some and less than others. I'm happy where I'm at in my life. I have my faults, who doesn't. We deal with them. But lately I've been looking past all the bad and focusing on the good, and I can honestly say I'm happier'n a bug in a rug. Life is good.

I just wonder if anybody else feels the same as I do...

Just sitting here thinking to myself.... live really is good. Sure there's been those dark times in my life, but they're all in the past. Now, I thank the Lord for what I have. Not to sit here and go on and on about what I don't have, I'm thanking for what I do have. And I don't want go on and on about what I do have either. I probably have more than some and less than others. I'm happy where I'm at in my life. I have my faults, who doesn't. We deal with them. But lately I've been looking past all the bad and focusing on the good, and I can honestly say I'm happier'n a bug in a rug. Life is good.

Every day I wake up, I realise how good life really is and how fortunate I am. Too many of my mates and colleagues can no longer say that.

Yep. Life is good. It's some people that suck.

Life has its moments, to be sure

I'm not convinced that what is happening in my life totally determines how happy I am, though.

Certainly very bad things can make me unhappy, or very good things can lift my spirits.

But since my sense of happiness fluxuates when nothing has essantially changed, I'm fairly certain that how I feel at any given moment is a combination of my body chemistry AND my live's experiences.

I have to agree. There is little that i want for. In a material sense, probably nothing.

There are occassional nagging worries and the world at large needs some aroma therapy, but here inside Code-land, things are not bad at all.

Life has its moments, to be sure

I'm not convinced that what is happening in my life totally determines how happy I am, though.

Certainly very bad things can make me unhappy, or very good things can lift my spirits.

But since my sense of happiness fluxuates when nothing has essantially changed, I'm fairly certain that how I feel at any given moment is a combination of my body chemistry AND my live's experiences.

Fluctuates on a large scale, or small?

Looking past Baby-Momma drama and semi-crazy family its true. Life is good.

Its the small things. Holding my baby, having a beer and a cigarette, cooking steaks on the grill.

Yeah, I live a pretty good life.

I do--nice sentiment, Pale. Things could be SO much worse for all of us. I feel like a really blessed guy. Life is grand.

I do--nice sentiment, Pale. Things could be SO much worse for all of us. I feel like a really blessed guy. Life is grand.

No kidding. I've had my ups and downs but looking back, I wouldn't do anything differently. Life has really been a wild ride, a lot of fun. But moving back home here to Wisconsin really was a good move. Things couldn't be better. I'm a happy camper... :D

Pale,

I'm very happy and thankful every day until I see Obama on the TV then I feel a lot of bad vibes. Turn off the TV, Mute quick I say! LOL

Today is my 29th anniversary so life is great. I have 4 nice men and a wonderful husband. I cannot complain.

Pale,

I'm very happy and thankful every day until I see Obama on the TV then I feel a lot of bad vibes. Turn off the TV, Mute quick I say! LOL

Today is my 29th anniversary so life is great. I have 4 nice men and a wonderful husband. I cannot complain.

Well HAPPY ANNIVERSARY Terry...
drinking-48.GIF

And boy I know what you mean about obowma. I can't stand to look or listen to the turd. I have to quick mute or turn the channel myself. If his lips are moving, he's lying.

Pale,

drinking-48.GIF

And boy I know what you mean about obowma. I can't stand to look or listen to the turd. I have to quick mute or turn the channel myself. If his lips are moving, he's lying.
Yep and we are not alone. Just had a new AC put in and when it came time to pay the guy, standing in my living room as I was writing out the Check, Obama was on the tube. I stopped what I was doing and turned the TV off. The guy didn't say a word at first, then I handed him the 5 grand check and said, I hope you were able to make some money off this deal because you did a great job and I thank you. That is when he said..."Obama will get most off it" I then said to him, I don't like Obama. The man's eyes became pinpointed, his lips tightened and he said "he's a LIAR" he was filled with so much hate when he said it too. Man did I know how he felt. I knew then that many are feeling like I am.

I hear that, Pale Rider! The way I look at it is; everything is exactly the way it is suppose to be in my life. It's only when I think about politics that I see disease. I think the most important lesson anyone can ever learn is that change is an inside job.

Pale,

drinking-48.GIF

Yep and we are not alone. Just had a new AC put in and when it came time to pay the guy, standing in my living room as I was writing out the Check, Obama was on the tube. I stopped what I was doing and turned the TV off. The guy didn't say a word at first, then I handed him the 5 grand check and said, I hope you were able to make some money off this deal because you did a great job and I thank you. That is when he said..."Obama will get most off it" I then said to him, I don't like Obama. The man's eyes became pinpointed, his lips tightened and he said "he's a LIAR" he was filled with so much hate when he said it too. Man did I know how he felt. I knew then that many are feeling like I am.

When I first got back here to Wisconsin and started helping the electrician I used to work for again... he proudly proclaimed that he voted for oblahma. Now, he says he hates the guy with a passion for what he's done since he got elected, mainly the drunken spending orgy plunging us into certain debt death. And it's not just him. I'm hearing the same thing from lots of people... "I voted for obama, and now I'm sorry I did." I think the dems have a very rude awakening coming next mid term election.

drinking-48.GIF

When I first got back here to Wisconsin and started helping the electrician I used to work for again... he proudly proclaimed that he voted for oblahma. Now, he says he hates the guy with a passion for what he's done since he got elected, mainly the drunken spending orgy plunging us into certain debt death. And it's not just him. I'm hearing the same thing from lots of people... "I voted for obama, and now I'm sorry I did." I think the dems have a very rude awakening coming next mid term election.
I don't know Pale for these people bought into the BS once before and probably will again or will just give up and not vote.

Forum List

Back