Libs in LA abusing teachers

Close schools. Give kids laptops or ipads. Teach online. This way kids can rewind the same lessons over and over again, etc. Saves on occupancy costs, teachers salaries, etc. One teacher can teach 10,000 kids or even 1,000,000 kids. All uniform, all online. Welcome to the 21st century.

You mean welcome to failure. Kids do not learn that way.

They will adjust

Close schools. Give kids laptops or ipads. Teach online. This way kids can rewind the same lessons over and over again, etc. Saves on occupancy costs, teachers salaries, etc. One teacher can teach 10,000 kids or even 1,000,000 kids. All uniform, all online. Welcome to the 21st century.

Then why give them laptops at all?

Just curious.

They will adjust

No, they won't. I was a teacher for 21 years. Give a kid a computer based assignment and they will not learn the material. This has been proven over the past few decades. A computer is a tool to help in education but it cannot replace a teacher.

My son took an on-line course to gain additional credits for graduation and it happened to be the same class I taught. He said many times that he would have failed the class had I not been there to teach him what he needed to know. A teacher can show you 5 ways to answer a question, while the computer usually has one way. If you get it wrong according to the computer, it does not mean you are wrong.

Just curious.

My students at several schools had laptops. They used them for social media instead of learning how to do the work. They were simply too lazy to look up the information or did not want to watch the videos explaining how to do the work.

My daughter had a school-issued laptop for 6 months in middle school. She thought it was a joke!

They will adjust

No, they won't. I was a teacher for 21 years. Give a kid a computer based assignment and they will not learn the material. This has been proven over the past few decades. A computer is a tool to help in education but it cannot replace a teacher.

My son took an on-line course to gain additional credits for graduation and it happened to be the same class I taught. He said many times that he would have failed the class had I not been there to teach him what he needed to know. A teacher can show you 5 ways to answer a question, while the computer usually has one way. If you get it wrong according to the computer, it does not mean you are wrong.

I ve Seen the exact opposite. Agree to disagree

They will adjust

So you taught for 21 years?

They will adjust

Nope I just have kids who are learning this way. Classes all online and teachers only there for Q&A. Welcome to the 21st century.

They will adjust

Nope I just have kids who are learning this way. Classes all online and teachers only there for Q&A. Welcome to the 21st century.

You have kids, as in your own? I had three that are now grown. All of them graduated in the 21st century. One did great with online materials, and two did not. I have taught literally thousands of kids and I say that most do better with an actual warm body teaching them.

I now work for the Army. We have certain training that must be done with instruction and assessment through on-line certification courses. They are the most hated aspects of anything we do.

They will adjust

You have kids, as in your own? I had three that are now grown. All of them graduated in the 21st century. One did great with online materials, and two did not. I have taught literally thousands of kids and I say that most do better with an actual warm body teaching them.

I now work for the Army. We have certain training that must be done with instruction and assessment through on-line certification courses. They are the most hated aspects of anything we do.

Yes my own. I think Online is the way of the future. I may be wrong.

All of the information so far says that you may be wrong. My fellow supervisor for the Army is taking classes for the National Guard on-line and he hates every minute of it because he does not retain the information.

Just curious.

My students at several schools had laptops. They used them for social media instead of learning how to do the work. They were simply too lazy to look up the information or did not want to watch the videos explaining how to do the work.

My daughter had a school-issued laptop for 6 months in middle school. She thought it was a joke!

Then make them do what you want. They're children.

If they refuse, fail them.

Just curious.

Teachers who fail all of their students get fired. Have a nice day! Let me know when you get back to reality.

Just curious.

Teachers who fail all of their students get fired. Have a nice day! Let me know when you get back to reality.

If their students all fail, then they deserve to be fired.

"The schools also are committed to providing meals and a safe environment for their more than 20,000 homeless students." Just wow. In America. Thanks for the read.
Why are there 20,000 homeless students in liberal la la land? Could it possibly bee that libtarded policies aren’t working? Or could it bee they let too many illegals into the state and give them sanctuary?

Considering that over 70% of the students affected are Latino, it’s safe to say that more than a handful are not lawful citizens. Oh well, not my problem. Why don’t they just tax the shit out of all the millionaires in the district and solventhe problem. Somebody call AOC, she’ll crack this problem toot sweet.

Yet another example. All teacher contracts should be state-wide. Have COL adjustments for the different areas, but one contract, none of this local bullshit.

Local school districts should do nothing more substantive than picking the colors for the team uniforms.

Here's where we disagree.

Some districts may want to have superb schools and facilities, and offer top flight education and be willing to spend to get it. Others might have a different viewpoint on the matter. I think local people are better equipped that bureaucrats in Harrisburg or Columbus as to what their local constituents want

You’re dead on. Large bureaucracies are not nimble, they dumb down to the lowest common denominator.

All of the information so far says that you may be wrong. My fellow supervisor for the Army is taking classes for the National Guard on-line and he hates every minute of it because he does not retain the information.

We are not used to it. Kids are. We ll see.

That sounds like an ill-conceived course, or a personal problem. Are you saying as well that nothing can be learned from books without someone to nursemaid the reader through the text?

That sounds like an ill-conceived course, or a personal problem. Are you saying as well that nothing can be learned from books without someone to nursemaid the reader through the text?

In my daughter's freshman history class. The teacher has created 20+ YouTube videos. The students then view them and can rewind, FF, etc. Grades are based on projects not tests. At first my daughter was dumbfounded but now she loves it and says she learns more this way than any other way. When these kids graduate college and get their first job, there is not a teacher to hold their hand as they learn their respective traits. They are on their own, they can ask questions of peers, boss, etc. The sooner they learn to be self sufficient the better.

Just curious.

If their students all fail, then they deserve to be fired.

I guess you have never heard the expression, "You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink!" If you don't think that is true, you are a dumbass!

We are not used to it. Kids are. We ll see.

Guess what? You are wrong. They use the technology to cheat!

Forum List

Back