Liberal's support for Partial-Birth Abortion proves they are awful people with no conscience

I have no problems with that but no one can say that all orphans get adopted or that we still will not end up with many thousands of wards of the state none of you want to spend money on. Whether to carry a baby to term or not is already an impossible decision for a single woman, taking that choice away from them and turning it into no choice is not an act of kindness.

Older orphaned kids do exist and are not so easily adopted, yes. But why should we do away with hundreds of thousands of babies each year that would gladly be adopted by well off couples because of those older kids? Is that even a fair argument?

And I would be willing to be the great majority of abortions occur not because of the months of pregnancy because the mother or father does not want anything to do with a child after it's born. Big difference.

Ah abstinence, the birth control method that only really works for dead people. It's like saying that not driving a car is the only way to prevent traffic accidents.

Using abortion as a backup measure for birth control is immoral even unconscionable, imo.
Quit trying to imagine that you people have the terrible aftermath of an abortion ban all figured out. You don't. The actual solution to reduce abortion would take time, money, understanding and compassion, not the stroke of some politicians pen. Imagine you did get abortion criminalized, you want to jail women for having one? Make even miscarriages grounds for criminal investigation? How far you want this to go?

I have no problems with that but no one can say that all orphans get adopted or that we still will not end up with many thousands of wards of the state none of you want to spend money on. Whether to carry a baby to term or not is already an impossible decision for a single woman, taking that choice away from them and turning it into no choice is not an act of kindness.

Older orphaned kids do exist and are not so easily adopted, yes. But why should we do away with hundreds of thousands of babies each year that would gladly be adopted by well off couples because of those older kids? Is that even a fair argument?

And I would be willing to be the great majority of abortions occur not because of the months of pregnancy because the mother or father does not want anything to do with a child after it's born. Big difference.

Ah abstinence, the birth control method that only really works for dead people. It's like saying that not driving a car is the only way to prevent traffic accidents.

Using abortion as a backup measure for birth control is immoral even unconscionable, imo.
Quit trying to imagine that you people have the terrible aftermath of an abortion ban all figured out. You don't. The actual solution to reduce abortion would take time, money, understanding and compassion, not the stroke of some politicians pen. Imagine you did get abortion criminalized, you want to jail women for having one? Make even miscarriages grounds for criminal investigation? How far you want this to go?

I will trust the Lord on this one. I know what HE wants and I will not deny Him.

Like I said, a million couples would love to have those unborn children but the left and the government will have nothing to do with it. This is a crime that cries to the heavens.

I will trust the Lord on this one. I know what HE wants and I will not deny Him.
Jesus is not an escape hatch, I don't remember him saying anything about abortion in the bible in spite of the fact that infant abandonment was the preferred method of dealing with unwanted pregnancies in his day. In fact the only time the bible actually dealt with the common practice it had a happy ending.

Jesus is not an escape hatch, I don't remember him saying anything about abortion in the bible in spite of the fact that infant abandonment was the preferred method of dealing with unwanted pregnancies in his day. In fact the only time the bible actually dealt with the common practice it had a happy ending.

Let's let this one be. But the sin against abortion is clearly understood in Scripture in many different passages and implications. You can assume it is not there.

Oh good, another Christian Taliban thread where they want the government to criminalize being female and poor.

You can be female and poor all you like. Just stop stealing from me to support your kids, or to pay the fees for you to kill them.
Federal funds do not pay for abortions

Who do you think pays the Obamacare subsidies, and for Medicare/Medicaid?
Every state is different but all have significant restrictions on medicaid funding abortions, usually only for rape, incest and to save the mother. Medicare is for old people, not sure it comes up much. Many states also ban insurance plans covering elective abortions.

Let's let this one be. But the sin against abortion is clearly understood in Scripture in many different passages. You can assume it is not there.
It is clear none of the ancient prophets cared to comment on something they knew was an everyday fact of life. Thousands of passages covering everything you eat, drink, screw and think and not one saying not to take your baby out to the edge of town and leave it there in the middle of the night. Not saying this is biblical approval or that the practice was right but it is a very good question.

What is Partial-Birth Abortion?

Partial-Birth Abortion is a procedure in which the abortionist pulls a living baby feet-first out of the womb and into the birth canal (vagina), except for the head, which the abortionist purposely keeps lodged just inside the cervix (the opening to the womb). The abortionist punctures the base of the baby’s skull with a surgical instrument, such as a long surgical scissors or a pointed hollow metal tube called a trochar. He then inserts a catheter (tube) into the wound, and removes the baby's brain with a powerful suction machine. This causes the skull to collapse, after which the abortionist completes the delivery of the now-dead baby.

What is the Partial-Birth Abortion act?

The Partial-Birth Abortion Ban Act would ban performance of a partial-birth abortion except if it were necessary to the save a mother's life. The bill defines partial-birth abortion as an abortion in which “the person performing the abortion deliberately and intentionally vaginally delivers a living fetus until, in the case of a head-first presentation, the entire fetal head is outside the body of the mother, or, in the case of breech presentation, any part of the fetal trunk past the navel is outside the body of the mother,” and then kills the baby. The bill would permit use of the procedure if “necessary to save the life of a mother whose life is endangered by a physical disorder, physical illness, or physical injury, including a life-endangering physical condition caused by or arising from the pregnancy itself.”

Are Partial-Birth Abortions Common?

According to Ron Fitzsimmons, executive director of the National Coalition of Abortion Providers (1997), and other sources, it appears that partial-birth abortions are performed 3,000 to 5,000 times annually. (Even those numbers may be low.) Based on published interviews with numerous abortionists, and interviews with Fitzsimmons in 1997, the “vast majority” of partial-birth abortions are performed in the fifth and sixth months of pregnancy, on healthy babies of healthy mothers.

Why is it called "Partial-Birth"?

Under state laws, a “live birth” occurs when a baby is entirely expelled from the mother and shows any signs of life, however briefly -- regardless of whether the baby is “viable,” i.e., developed enough to be sustained outside the womb with neo-natal medical assistance. Even at 4½ months (20 weeks), perinatologists say that if a baby is expelled or removed completely from the uterus, she will usually gasp for breath and sometimes survive for hours, even though lung development is usually insufficient to permit successful sustained respiration until 23 weeks. Thus, the term “partial-birth” is perfectly descriptive.

The Facts of Partial-Birth Abortion

The fact is, liberals are awful people who stopped developing morally at the age of 12-years-old and never developed a mature sense of the difference between right and wrong. Their support for partial-birth abortion proves that level of moral immaturity.

There is never a need to do a partial birth abortion to save the mother's life. They would simply allow the baby to be born or take it by C-Section. Stopping the birth to kill the child in no way increases the mother's chances for survival in an emergency and would likely pose more of a threat.

I just want them to stop using that excuse because it doesn't make any medical sense. Removing the baby might be needed but killing it prior to birth is never necessary unless that is the only goal.

Some don't want disabled children. Others may not like the race or gender. Once it's done purely for convenience, anything goes. We have so many tests that can be done now to determine the health of the baby and whether there are any issues and the choice can be made far earlier.

Oh good, another Christian Taliban thread where they want the government to criminalize being female and poor.

The topic is partial birth abortion, not abortion in the early stages. Partial birth would be much more expensive and pose a greater risk to the mother's health. Birth control pills - cheap. Morning after pills - reasonably priced. Early abortion is much cheaper and less risky. Partial birth abortions would not be the choice of the poor.

Are you as a republican willing to maintain welfare, food stamps and public schools for the child?

You whine about how awful it is not to have the baby but than want to make life hell for the child after it is born.
They need none of the above. A poor person has no business having a child they can't support. In fact, if they have a child they can't support, it's entirely out of their own irresponsibility. If someone is irresponsible, it's their job to accept the consequences of their actions, and it's NOT the job of the government to steal from tax-payers to support them.

That's because, regardless of how much you want to advocate it, murdering someone who has done absolutely nothing wrong is inherently wrong. Also, putting the kid up for adoption is an option, you daft Fopdoodle.
So how many crack babies are you going to adopt?
I see you're admitting that the poor people put themselves there on their own. That will be all, thank you.
Looks like you have never been in a situation where you have only two choices and both of them suck balls. How's life in your ivory tower where you have the luxury of all your choices being morally unambiguous?
You know nothing. I was 18 and unmarried when my 18-year-old girlfriend told me she was pregnant. We managed to make it.

ACTUALLY, it means they worry about the mother's life and aren't ideologicaly driven. At that point in a tragedy, let the doctor have that terrible choice. If he's a criminal, have at him...

Oh look, a fascist baby killer.....

No doubt his only concern is the profit potential from the parts sale and how we could impact that.....

No doubt his only concern is the profit potential from the parts sale and how we could impact that.....
There is no profit, dingbat dupe. Change the channel
Your fake news tell you that?
Only you GOP dupes have fake news, dupe.

Ever notice that only the GOP/RW US media denies GW And many other things- like PP doesn't profit from sales of fetus parts...funny, hunh? In the wholle world! And then all those fake stories (Hilary the corrupt liar murderer- al forgotten now lol) that got chumps to vote for tax cuts for the rich AGAIN? D'OH!! Worst voters in the modern world. Not your fault, dupe. Maybe.

Ever notice that only the GOP/RW US media denies GW And many other things- like PP doesn't profit from sales of fetus parts...funny, hunh? In the wholle world! And then all those fake stories (Hilary the corrupt liar murderer- al forgotten now lol) that got chumps to vote for tax cuts for the rich AGAIN? D'OH!! Worst voters in the modern world. Not your fault, dupe. Maybe.
You mean MMGW?

Forum List

Back