Liberals believe

I wasn't talking about you, i was talking about your party. If that is the motivation of your party, which I beleive it is, than it is every bit as selfish than what you beliebe Republicans are after.

But WHY would you believe this when "the people" of this country in the last election are the ones that have made it a MANDATE for the Democratic party, no? Individuals, citizens of this country are finally getting their voices heard...and that happened in this past election.

I am not certain that the Democrats in power would have the guts to push ending this occupation if it weren't for "we the people" that are pushing them to do such!

Care

I don't care what the troops want to do. We do not develop foreign policy based upon what the members of our armed forces want.

What they want and their mission happen to be one in the same, so your right it doesn't matter what they want.

My question was one you need to answer. Do you think that because troops want to continue fighting wars that we, as a country, should continue fighting them based upon troop desires?

No I don't need to answer it. It's a loaded question and you know it, and you also no what my answer probably is already.

and I am certain that my party has our national security in mind as they attempt to provide oversight to the administration.
My party could care less if the troops themselves think we are their saviors..... we certainly wouldn't mind if America came to understand that we are trying to be theirs.

All of sudden your party is the great problem solver? Forget politcal parties for just second and ask yourself what is the best way to solve this problem? Then go back to thinking about politcal parties and ask yourself if that's what dems are doing.

What they want and their mission happen to be one in the same, so your right it doesn't matter what they want.

what their mission is today and what our government defines their mission as tomorrow are not necessarily synonymous

No I don't need to answer it. It's a loaded question and you know it, and you also no what my answer probably is already.
if you don't want to answer that loaded question, then quit suggesting that the wishes of the troops ought to play a role in our decision making

All of sudden your party is the great problem solver? Forget politcal parties for just second and ask yourself what is the best way to solve this problem? Then go back to thinking about politcal parties and ask yourself if that's what dems are doing.

I think the best way to solve this problem is to get out of Iraq as soon as possible and quit flushing men and money down the toilet in an exercise that does not make America one bit safer. I think the BEST way to solve this problem is not possible right now given the fact that the guy that got us into this mess is still the guy calling the shots... and I would be just as against this war if it had been perpetrated by a democrat. I think we need to redeploy our assets to actually try and fight and win the war against islamic extremism and quit fighting in the middle of a civil war that is happening and will continue to happen with or without our presence. I think that there are a myriad of things that we could be doing with the money and men we are wasting in Iraq that would make us safer and would advance our fight against our enemies. The only reason this is political is because one party seems to have a completely different opinion as to the wisdom of continuing this Iraq effort when compared to the other party.

what their mission is today and what our government defines their mission as tomorrow are not necessarily synonymous

Never said they were or would be.

if you don't want to answer that loaded question, then quit suggesting that the wishes of the troops ought to play a role in our decision making

I never suggested that. You asked what we were screwing our troops out of. I suggested we are screwing them out of something they want, which is to complete the mission. I never suggested we should do what they want.

I think the best way to solve this problem is to get out of Iraq as soon as possible and quit flushing men and money down the toilet in an exercise that does not make America one bit safer. I think the BEST way to solve this problem is not possible right now given the fact that the guy that got us into this mess is still the guy calling the shots... and I would be just as against this war if it had been perpetrated by a democrat. I think we need to redeploy our assets to actually try and fight and win the war against islamic extremism and quit fighting in the middle of a civil war that is happening and will continue to happen with or without our presence. I think that there are a myriad of things that we could be doing with the money and men we are wasting in Iraq that would make us safer and would advance our fight against our enemies. The only reason this is political is because one party seems to have a completely different opinion as to the wisdom of continuing this Iraq effort when compared to the other party.

Thank you for answering the question. really, if your going to insist that people answer your questions don't u think you should hold yourself to the same standard?

Thank you for answering the question. really, if your going to insist that people answer your questions don't u think you should hold yourself to the same standard?

are you suggesting that I did NOT answer your question????

Well, I took it that MM was saying, YES, what they are doing will help the situation because it will get to what he states is the way to move forward....

though maybe I am wrong?

yes I am. I asked you if Dems are solving the problem. Your answer was what you think we should do. i did not answer what dems are doing.

given the fact that democrats do not have a veto proof majority in either party, I am perfectly OK with the approach the democrats are taking to "solve" the problem.

As I said, given the make up of congress, and the blind obedience of the vast majority of republicans in congress, and given the fact that George Bush is still president, no one will ever be able to SOLVE the problem of America's involvement in Iraq until HIS mind and the minds of his followers change.

Democrats can continue to try to do the will of the people, but if the republicans and the president don't want to go along, all they can do is what they have done....I urge them to continue.

I have - you cannot accept the truth

if you are trying to claim that it is the TRUTH that Iran is supporting Al Qaeda, I would ask - as I have asked for a week now - for you to provide me some sort of proof that Iran - a shiite persian state - would support Al Qaeda - a sunni arab organization - that is engaged in killing shiites in Iraq.

If you are trying to claim that it is the TRUTH that American has experienced a 60% decrease in casualties due to the success of the surge, I would suggest you call and tell the DoD that their casualty figures showing NO decrease are full of shit.....

can you address those two points, please?

EXCLUSIVE: Iranian Weapons Arm Iraqi Militia

.S. officials say they have found smoking-gun evidence of Iranian support for terrorists in Iraq: brand-new weapons fresh from Iranian factories. According to a senior defense official, coalition forces have recently seized Iranian-made weapons and munitions that bear manufacturing dates in 2006.

This suggests, say the sources, that the material is going directly from Iranian factories to Shia militias, rather than taking a roundabout path through the black market. "There is no way this could be done without (Iranian) government approval," says a senior official.

Iranian-made munitions found in Iraq include advanced IEDs designed to pierce armor and anti-tank weapons. U.S. intelligence believes the weapons have been supplied to Iraq's growing Shia militias from Iran's Islamic Revolutionary Guards Corps, which is also believed to be training Iraqi militia fighters in Iran.

Evidence is mounting, too, that the most powerful militia in Iraq, Moktada al-Sadr's Mahdi army, is receiving training support from the Iranian-backed terrorists of Hezbollah.

Two senior U.S. defense officials confirmed to ABC News earlier reports that fighters from the Mahdi army have traveled to Lebanon to receive training from Hezbollah.

While the New York Times reported that as many as 2,000 Iraqi militia fighters had received training in Lebanon, one of the senior officials said he believed the number was "closer to 1,000." Officials say a much smaller number of Hezbollah fighters have also traveled through Syria and into Iraq to provide training.

U.S. intelligence officials believe the number of Al-Sadr's Mahdi army now includes 40,000 fighters, making it an especially formidable force.

http://abcnews.go.com/International/IraqCoverage/story?id=2688501

EXCLUSIVE: Iranian Weapons Arm Iraqi Militia

.S. officials say they have found smoking-gun evidence of Iranian support for terrorists in Iraq: brand-new weapons fresh from Iranian factories. According to a senior defense official, coalition forces have recently seized Iranian-made weapons and munitions that bear manufacturing dates in 2006.

This suggests, say the sources, that the material is going directly from Iranian factories to Shia militias, rather than taking a roundabout path through the black market. "There is no way this could be done without (Iranian) government approval," says a senior official.

Iranian-made munitions found in Iraq include advanced IEDs designed to pierce armor and anti-tank weapons. U.S. intelligence believes the weapons have been supplied to Iraq's growing Shia militias from Iran's Islamic Revolutionary Guards Corps, which is also believed to be training Iraqi militia fighters in Iran.

Evidence is mounting, too, that the most powerful militia in Iraq, Moktada al-Sadr's Mahdi army, is receiving training support from the Iranian-backed terrorists of Hezbollah.

Two senior U.S. defense officials confirmed to ABC News earlier reports that fighters from the Mahdi army have traveled to Lebanon to receive training from Hezbollah.

While the New York Times reported that as many as 2,000 Iraqi militia fighters had received training in Lebanon, one of the senior officials said he believed the number was "closer to 1,000." Officials say a much smaller number of Hezbollah fighters have also traveled through Syria and into Iraq to provide training.

U.S. intelligence officials believe the number of Al-Sadr's Mahdi army now includes 40,000 fighters, making it an especially formidable force.

http://abcnews.go.com/International/IraqCoverage/story?id=2688501

are you aware that none of those organizations (bolded for your easy reference) have anything to do with Al Qaeda???????

as I have said over and over and over again...

no one is denying the fact that Iran is assisting shiites in Iraq......

It was YOU who said that Iran was supporting AL QAEDA.

can you back that up or have the grace to admit that you misspoke?

as I have said over and over and over again...

no one is denying the fact that Iran is assisting shiites in Iraq......

It was YOU who said that Iran was supporting AL QAEDA.

can you back that up or have the grace to admit that you misspoke?

you still stand by the fact even given your OWN link showing NO Iran-Al Qaeda connection????

Forum List

Back