Where Is The Oil?

red states rule

May 30, 2006
The liberal media has been reporting the Iraq war was for oil, but America has not received all this free oil. So what is up with that? I figure if the war was for oil, we would have seen it by now.

I sure hope we get our free Iraq oil soon. Before the Iraq war I was paying $1.75 at the pump. Now it is like $2.89.

Where the hell is the free oil at? Please deliver it ASAP

Thanks

The liberal media has been reporting the Iraq war was for oil, but America has not received all this free oil. So what is up with that? I figure if the war was for oil, we would have seen it by now.

I sure hope we get our free Iraq oil soon. Before the Iraq war I was paying $1.75 at the pump. Now it is like $2.89.

Thanks

You think that by putting the oil in control of Big Oil would drive the price down?

You are more ignorant that I thought.

BP made $55,000 a MINUTE in the first quarter of 06' only to be beat by Exxon, who made $79,000.

You dont get free oil when you put American Corporations in charge of it, you get HIGHER prices.

Big Oil knows america needs, wants, and must have the oil, before we were buying it from another party, which forced them to keep the price down, Now there is no one to haggle with, BIG OIL sets the price, Halliburton brings it to the US at the rate of 700 trucks a day.

With American corporations in charge of the oil, they have the ability to rape America for their greed.

And no one is going to stop them, the top Oil Corps didnt even have to swear in to defend their INSANE profits last year.

So, NO you dont get FREE gas, you get more EXPENSIVE gas.

Who cares what the profits of oil companies are?

They make only ten cents per gallon profit. Taxes, on the other hand, add about 50 to 60 cents per gallon to the price of gas

Contrary to what liberals think, oil companies do not set the price of oil - it is determined by speculators and the futures market

They make only ten cents per gallon profit. Taxes, on the other hand, add about 50 to 60 cents per gallon to the price of gas

Contrary to what liberals think, oil companies do not set the price of oil - it is determined by speculators and the futures market

We have had this discussion before, you seem to like to rehash old arguements just so you can repost your old baloney.

YOU started this thread and YOU said where is all the free oil?

You think that once control of the oil fields were seized, they were just gonna give to America?

You are delusional

America took control of the oil to make a profit, and thats what they are doing.

BP earned $55,000 a Minute in the first quarter of 06

Exxon earned $75,000 a minute in the first quarter of 06

PROFIT.

off of 10 cents a gallon?

multiply that by your "taxes" of 50 or 60 cents and thats what the government collected.

There is your "free" oil, in the pockets of Big Oil and Government.

ExxonMobil, the world’s largest publicly traded company, raked in $39.5 billon last year—the largest annual profit recorded in US corporate history. The oil giant generated a staggering average of $108 million in profits a day, or $4.5 million an hour. The total topped the previous record for corporate profit, also set by Exxon Mobil in 2005, of $36.13 billion.

Total revenues for the biggest oil company topped $377 billion last year, an amount greater than the gross national product of countries that include Belgium, Sweden, Turkey and Austria.

The profits of ExxonMobil’s closest US competitors also soared. Chevron, the nation’s second-largest oil company, posted its most profitable year on record with $17.1 billion in earnings, while number-three ConocoPhillips did likewise, taking in $15.55 billion.

http://www.wsws.org/articles/2007/feb2007/oil-f03.shtml

http://abcnews.go.com/Business/story?id=1256620&CMP=OTC-RSSFeeds0312

http://money.cnn.com/2007/04/24/news/companies/oil_profits/index.htm

Congradulations!

I knew you would continue to whore for the oil companies. This is the same post that you have posted on your forums about 7,389 times in the past 2 years.

Have you proved oil companies make more then ten cents per gallon profit?

I will save you time

NO you have not

Prove to me that the American consumption of gas has gone up enough for the ExxonMobil to be making ten cents a gallon

ExxonMobil, the world’s largest publicly traded company, raked in $39.5 billon last year—the largest annual profit recorded in US corporate history. The oil giant generated a staggering average of $108 million in profits a day, or $4.5 million an hour.

The total topped the previous record for corporate profit, also set by Exxon Mobil in 2005, of $36.13 billion.

What your saying is that from 2005 to 2006 Americas consumption of Oil went up more than 3 Billion?

Prove it.

I know you wont and I know you cant.

Im adding this to the list of challenges RSR ignores.

1. defend your allegations of "60% decrease in American casualties due to the success of the surge"

2. PROVIDE PROOF that other news networks are as slanted and liberal, as FOX NEWS is Conservative. stastics, precentages, numbers, PROOF

3. Prove the top 5 oil companies make only 10 cents per gallon profits.

Thanks

Ya dill, as the others have told you it wasn't about cheap oil for you and me it was about securing the second largest reserves of oil in the world for oil interests close to Bush and Cheney. Sheesh, it's looking at you but you can't see it.

Ya dill, as the others have told you it wasn't about cheap oil for you and me it was about securing the second largest reserves of oil in the world for oil interests close to Bush and Cheney. Sheesh, it's looking at you but you can't see it.

Then where is it?

Maybe the troops are keeping it in their tents

I think the war for oil theory is a lie because president bush has asked congress again and again for more money, and the democrats have criticized bush for "blank checks". I would like someone to tell me, how much iraqi oil has paid for this war. Please tell me where im wrong, and if im right too.

I think the war for oil theory is a lie because president bush has asked congress again and again for more money, and the democrats have criticized bush for "blank checks". I would like someone to tell me, how much iraqi oil has paid for this war. Please tell me where im wrong, and if im right too.

ExxonMobil, the world’s largest publicly traded company, raked in $39.5 billon last year—the largest annual profit recorded in US corporate history. The oil giant generated a staggering average of $108 million in profits a day, or $4.5 million an hour. The total topped the previous record for corporate profit, also set by Exxon Mobil in 2005, of $36.13 billion.

The government taxes what ExxonMobil sells at the pumps.

If you ask RSR, no one makes any money from oil,

Except the oil companies, and the government.

http://www.wsws.org/articles/2007/feb2007/oil-f03.shtml

Have you proved oil companies make more then ten cents per gallon profit?

I will save you time

NO you have not

but if a gallon only ''costs'' them 2 cents a gallon to produce, then 10 cents a gallon would be an outrage! it would be gouging us.

my point is, that we don't know all of the pertinent information to determine if 10 cents a gallon and rising, is gouging the customer, or not...?

what we do know is that their profit margins are in the third year of record highs, beating the ''profits'' of the previous year without selling 1 gallon more of gasoline or one barrel more of oil....

remember, profits are what is left after all is said and done, after paying all overhead, after paying all salaries, bonuses, after paying all operating costs like transportation, extracting the oil, refining the oil, after paying all research and development costs, after paying all construction/expansion/exploration costs, and after paying all taxes....thus, net profit!

so red, imo we just don't know, simply by stating that they only make 10 cents on the gallon as profit, whether that is high or not! that is presuming they even make 10 cents a gallon?

Disclaimer! :)
i have not gone through the thread yet to read all the posts and links to support them!

care

The profit for oil companies is only about ten cents per gallon

Station owners make about 2 to 3 cents per gallon profit

Taxes meanwhile, add about 50 to 60 cents per gallon to the price

Forum List

Back