Liberal Lies About Homeschooling

i love talking to home school kids.....esp when they tell me they are home teached....lol

i would hate to think that i am so smart i could cover all the subjects needed to teach a child....there are great extreme examples of home schooled kids doing very well but they are not the norm

Actually home schooled kids in general do better than public school kids so that is the norm

i love talking to home school kids.....esp when they tell me they are home teached....lol

i would hate to think that i am so smart i could cover all the subjects needed to teach a child....there are great extreme examples of home schooled kids doing very well but they are not the norm

Actually home schooled kids in general do better than public school kids so that is the norm

at what? public schools must accept everyone.....home schools do not....address the teaching of false hoods as fact

Another popular motivation for Homeschooling is the:

"Look at what a great parent I am" syndrome

How do you figure that? Not saying there isn't 'reinforcement' within the Homeschooling community, but for actual accolades, the public school boards are where many politicians get their start.

This is NOT to be construed as a slight to those parents OR their ability to teach.

If anything it is to show us the commitment some homeschooling parents have to educating their kids.

Back when I was an Executive Direction of a Sylvan Learning Center, and taking classes for that company, I had the opportunity to get together will a LOT of Directors from down South.

What I noted was now much easier it was for them to find students than it was for us up North.

I have a theory about why that was, and it has to do with home schooling.

IN Connecticut few parents homeschool, ergo their kids mostly did not need BASICSKILLS TRAINING, or if they did, they expected the schools to provide that additional training

Down South the concerned parents who homeschooled ALSO often wanted to AUGMENT their kids BASIC SKILLS.

Teaching basic decoding and math skills is hard work for educators and something that Sylvan Learning Centers do VERY WELL.

And since those Southern parents had no problem seeking education for their kids outside the public school system, they were more willing to send their kids to Sylvans as PART of their educational regime.

Last edited:

Why do people homeschool?

Is it because they want a better education for their children or because they do not want them exposed to a certain "element" in public schools?

Or is it because they love their children?

So people with kids are narcissistic?

Imagine that.

Actually I find that people who home school don't advertise the fact and that the people who don't try to make them feel like there's something wrong with home schooling.

What syndrome is that Sigmund?

Is it because they want a better education for their children or because they do not want them exposed to a certain "element" in public schools?

I think most people home school because they understand the difference between a political agenda and a curriculum.

I think most people home school because they understand the difference between a political agenda and a curriculum.

Yes, Calculus is like that

here its mostly for religious reasons.....i have a friend who home schools all 4 of her kids...unfortunately she is a bit undereducated herself....but she has that bible to thump at them...so all is well

And she is one of the exceptions.

By the way, did you know that public school teachers are not required to be knowledgeable in the subject they teach? That it is actually easier to get a job teaching math if you have a degree in how to teach than if you have one in advanced mathematics? How many teachers are actually qualified to teach at least two subject levels above the subject they teach?

at what? public schools must accept everyone.....home schools do not....address the teaching of false hoods as fact

The fact that public schools have to accept everyone is the reason people should be able to opt out of public schools.

Yes, Calculus is like that
How many students in public schools take calculus? Out of the 700 people in my graduating class there were 4.

The fact that public schools have to accept everyone is the reason people should be able to opt out of public schools.

Very true...too many darkies

I was actually thinking of the disruption caused by taking people who have extreme learning disabilities, but I guess a racist would see it that way.

Very true...too many darkies

I was actually thinking of the disruption caused by taking people who have extreme learning disabilities, but I guess a racist would see it that way.

Lets play the race card shall we?

Homeschool parents do not want their children in school with:

Blacks
Mexicans
Gays
Poor people
Atheists
Liberals
Jews
Catholics
Muslims
or anyone else with a different life perspective than their own

Home school kids score higher on tests than public school kids.

Maybe it's because kids don't actually fail in public schools anymore and instead get graded on a curve

Home school kids score higher on tests than public school kids.

Maybe it's because kids don't actually fail in public schools anymore and instead get graded on a curve

They beat an average that contains kids from bad homes, kids with learning disabilities and kids with behavior problems

Compare them to kids from two parent homes and college educated parents and tell us how they do

Forum List

Back