Liberal Lies About Homeschooling

at what? public schools must accept everyone.....home schools do not....address the teaching of false hoods as fact

Home school kids score higher on tests than public school kids.

Maybe it's because kids don't actually fail in public schools anymore and instead get graded on a curve

They beat an average that contains kids from bad homes, kids with learning disabilities and kids with behavior problems

Compare them to kids from two parent homes and college educated parents and tell us how they do

They don't just beat the average they score in higher percentiles across the board.

If home schooling was not better than government schooling wouldn't the distribution be about the same as that of the general public?

Maybe it's because kids don't actually fail in public schools anymore and instead get graded on a curve

They beat an average that contains kids from bad homes, kids with learning disabilities and kids with behavior problems

Compare them to kids from two parent homes and college educated parents and tell us how they do

They don't just beat the average they score in higher percentiles across the board.

If home schooling was not better than government schooling wouldn't the distribution be about the same as that of the general public?

No it wouldn't because parents who do not give a shit about their children's education do not homeschool. Kind of skews your population

We homeschool, but for different reasons. Our son is disabled and was physically abused at school. The abuse included being struck by other students and left outside alone in 100 degree heat (both were witnessed by us). I also witnessed another student tied down with restraints and left unattended, with resulting rope burns. School administrators did nothing, but attempt to deny and cover up. I believe their thinking was that to take corrective action would be to expose themselves to liability.

Since homeschooling, there is the constant threat of the school using social servcices to attempt to coerce our child back into the school system. You see, the school system dearly wants the Federal money obtained for school attendence. What I have experienced and witnessed along with other parents out in California is corruption and incompetence by school administrators on a grand scale.

If school administrators say that home schooled kids are socially deficient, it is most likely a lie. After all, their lips are moving.

This is coming from one who strongly believed in the public school system prior to having children.

My DIL started homeschooling this school year. She a bright girl, and is very good at what she's doing. She works with the kids almost every day. They're little, 5 and 7 yrs old. And they are two of the smartest kids I've ever know (of course I might be a little prejiduce....but it's the truth). Some people shouldn't homeschool. My X DIL does that with my other grandkids, and she never even finished 9th grade. She's an airhead, and doesn't know how to help the kids with their homework! But she has the right to do it.

I'm so glad my DIL decided to do this. She takes the kids to events that the school puts on, so they have a chance to mingle with the other kids and be part of the activities. I'm thankful they don't have a liberal teacher indoctrinating them every day!

Very true...too many darkies

I was actually thinking of the disruption caused by taking people who have extreme learning disabilities, but I guess a racist would see it that way.

Lets play the race card shall we?

Homeschool parents do not want their children in school with:

Blacks
Mexicans
Gays
Poor people
Atheists
Liberals
Jews
Catholics
Muslims
or anyone else with a different life perspective than their own

I leave the race card for the racists.

We homeschool, but for different reasons. Our son is disabled and was physically abused at school. The abuse included being struck by other students and left outside alone in 100 degree heat (both were witnessed by us). I also witnessed another student tied down with restraints and left unattended, with resulting rope burns. School administrators did nothing, but attempt to deny and cover up. I believe their thinking was that to take corrective action would be to expose themselves to liability.

Since homeschooling, there is the constant threat of the school using social servcices to attempt to coerce our child back into the school system. You see, the school system dearly wants the Federal money obtained for school attendence. What I have experienced and witnessed along with other parents out in California is corruption and incompetence by school administrators on a grand scale.

If school administrators say that home schooled kids are socially deficient, it is most likely a lie. After all, their lips are moving.

This is coming from one who strongly believed in the public school system prior to having children.

My DIL started homeschooling this school year. She a bright girl, and is very good at what she's doing. She works with the kids almost every day. They're little, 5 and 7 yrs old. And they are two of the smartest kids I've ever know (of course I might be a little prejiduce....but it's the truth). Some people shouldn't homeschool. My X DIL does that with my other grandkids, and she never even finished 9th grade. She's an airhead, and doesn't know how to help the kids with their homework! But she has the right to do it.

I'm so glad my DIL decided to do this. She takes the kids to events that the school puts on, so they have a chance to mingle with the other kids and be part of the activities. I'm thankful they don't have a liberal teacher indoctrinating them every day!

You are so right

Them liberal schools may turn them gay

No it wouldn't because parents who do not give a shit about their children's education do not homeschool. Kind of skews your population

Gee imagine that home schooled kids have parents who care more about their kids therefore home schooling is better than public education isn't it?

So what's your problem with it?

I think most people home school because they understand the difference between a political agenda and a curriculum.

Yes, Calculus is like that
How many students in public schools take calculus? Out of the 700 people in my graduating class there were 4.

Really?

I'm all for homeschooling, but if your school only had 4 in Calc., that's a problem. When I've subbed in hs math, not unusual for one teacher out of about 15 to have 3 sections of calc with 28-32 students in each. That would be replicated at least 3X by others. Not including AP course in calc.

Gee imagine that home schooled kids have parents who care more about their kids therefore home schooling is better than public education isn't it?

The only problem is when you compare their academic performance to children whose parents don't give a shit

at what? public schools must accept everyone.....home schools do not....address the teaching of false hoods as fact

Actually they beat more than the average. Check out all the bees and bowls for the past 15 years or so. Yes, they do not have to be bored or disrupted by kids whom have terrible home lives. That's a given.

And the public school answer, give them breakfast and lunch, regardless of whether or not they ate at home or the problem might be more than food?

Hey, I'm not for taking kids away from parents, absent physical or psychological abuse, but what is to be done with kids from the earliest ages not wanting to be in school? What about their classmates whom have some goals, at least at the beginning? Why always aim for the lowest denominator?

Homeschooling avoids those issues and gets down to teaching. In most cases, for less than 3 hours a day to stay compliant with mandated curriculum, leaving many hours to pursue current interests of the children being homeschooled. Music? Ancient history? Dinosaurs? Religions? Photography? Carpentry? Animal husbandry? Botany? Etc.

Yes, Calculus is like that
How many students in public schools take calculus? Out of the 700 people in my graduating class there were 4.

Really?

I'm all for homeschooling, but if your school only had 4 in Calc., that's a problem. When I've subbed in hs math, not unusual for one teacher out of about 15 to have 3 sections of calc with 28-32 students in each. That would be replicated at least 3X by others. Not including AP course in calc.

The calculus class was in the same room as the advanced trig class, I was giving answers to the calculus problems while I was still taking trig. Of course, back then it was harder to get into those classes, you actually had to take real math before they would let you in.

You are so right

Them liberal schools may turn them gay

I put 4 kids through public schools.....would never do it again!

Really?

The calculus class was in the same room as the advanced trig class, I was giving answers to the calculus problems while I was still taking trig. Of course, back then it was harder to get into those classes, you actually had to take real math before they would let you in.

These are real calculus classes, as challenging as what I took 30 years ago. Actually better taught and more rigorous.

Really?

These are real calculus classes, as challenging as what I took 30 years ago. Actually better taught and more rigorous.

I am sure there are better ones that the one I took, but the point is it takes a PhD in Mathematics to effectively teach calculus, and most teachers in those classes don't have that level of education.

Homeschooling is a bit of a crap shoot. I can't recommend it in the general case. I 'sort of' homeschooled my kids. By that I mean I let them drop out once they hit high school and chart their own course (with my guidance). There's a risk in that, but in the end they came away with a much greater degree of self-direction and purpose than I ever did when it came to formal education.

The only problem is when you compare their academic performance to children whose parents don't give a shit

So if there really is no problem with home schooling why do you care if parents choose to home school.

You imply that the fact they want to home school means they care more than the average parent and the fact that home schooled kids perform better academically should put you infavor of home schooling not against it.

So if there really is no problem with home schooling why do you care if parents choose to home school.

You imply that the fact they want to home school means they care more than the average parent and the fact that home schooled kids perform better academically should put you infavor of home schooling not against it.

My point is that children who are homeshooled would perform better than the average student whether they were homeschooled or not

My point is that children who are homeshooled would perform better than the average student whether they were homeschooled or not

So why are you against it?

I never understood why it has to be all or nothing with homeschool. If you homeschool your kid and he wants to learn French or Calculus which you are incapable of teaching, why can't he go to regular school for two hours a day? Is it the parents who do not want their kid to touch public school or the schools putting it to homeschool parents?

As someone else wrote, some school districts are open to allowing the homeschoolers in for certain classes. There are also networks where tradeoffs can be made, perhaps foreign languages for math. There are also literally hundreds of online sites for math. Public libraries often have extensive foreign language programs for both children and adults.

Still doesn't cover AP courses or courses where you need special facilities like Chemistry
0r Computer Science

AP courses are now offered online. AP Course Audit - Online Learning

The issue is finding an accredited AP provider, though the list can be found at the above website. Many high schools use these courses, as they don't have the numbers, the facilities, or qualified staff. Labs are virtual. Most high schools for the previous reasons, cannot offer ALL AP courses each year. This is an alternative for some. Then there are students who cram each summer, 1 more AP course, this is the option.

Another option open in most areas, go to community college and sign up for 100 level course in area of interest.

Last edited:
The dropout rate in my high school was 75%. Those that dropped out could have been home-schooled or not. But the 25% the school did indeed graduate were probably somewhat educated.
Then came the big push the, "Keep em in School and off the Streets," change.
Tests were made easier, fifth grade students that had to shave, were social-promoted, textbooks, simplified so could be read by my dog, but schools changed. We're still in the keep em in school era. What didn't change is that schools are still a responsibility of the state and the local school districts. The people still have tremendous control over their schools. Districts can go back to a "rigorous" education format, if they want, it is largely in the hands of the people. Bite the bullet, give up the federal aid take command of your own schools, stop whining.
But we must remember, that for every child with an IQ over 100, there is another under 100, and schools haven't been able to change that much.

You want to know what the problem with homeschooling is? It's you. You think the only people that homeschool their kids are religious nuts and racists. Leaving aside the fact that accusing people who disagree with you of being racists actually proves your bigotry, your view does not reflect the real world.

Parents who homeschool are more likely to have a degree than not, and are more likely to hold an advanced degree than the general population. If we use the specious standards that people with degrees are smarter than people without degrees, that means that homeschool parents tend to be smarter than parents who do not.

https://www.hslda.org/docs/study/ray2009/2009_Ray_StudyFINAL.pdf

Forum List

Back