Liberal hypocrisy --- up close and personal

KarlMarx

May 9, 2004
Last week, my sister-in-law lost her job at Cornell. The professor that hired her let her go after less than 90 days. The reason wasn't job performance, it was that they had to cut back.... but they didn't lay her off, so she can't collect unemployment. Her aunt, who works at another university told her that the same thing happens there. They'll hire someone for less than 90 days then let them go, so they can't collect unemployment. So instead of hiring a temp, they do this instead.

I've worked in private industry and only seen this happen once. In that case, the fellow had performance issues, he was a real space cadet and was let go.

I can understand if they laid her off because of cut backs, but it seems as if they had no intention of keeping her when they hired her.

Now, universities are the hot bed of liberalism. You know, the people who are so compassionate, so concerned about the working person, the rights of people, blah, blah, blah....

Except when they have to practice it themselves, then they're as cut throat as a Wall Street corporate raider. But, they're liberals, so when they stab you in the back, they do it with compassion and with sensitivity.

KarlMarx said:
Last week, my sister-in-law lost her job at Cornell. The professor that hired her let her go after less than 90 days. The reason wasn't job performance, it was that they had to cut back.... but they didn't lay her off, so she can't collect unemployment. Her aunt, who works at another university told her that the same thing happens there. They'll hire someone for less than 90 days then let them go, so they can't collect unemployment. So instead of hiring a temp, they do this instead.

I've worked in private industry and only seen this happen once. In that case, the fellow had performance issues, he was a real space cadet and was let go.

I can understand if they laid her off because of cut backs, but it seems as if they had no intention of keeping her when they hired her.

Now, universities are the hot bed of liberalism. You know, the people who are so compassionate, so concerned about the working person, the rights of people, blah, blah, blah....

Except when they have to practice it themselves, then they're as cut throat as a Wall Street corporate raider. But, they're liberals, so when they stab you in the back, they do it with compassion and with sensitivity.

this is true. my grandma always used to say that "usually whoever is the first to point a finger, never seems to realize they have at least 3 more pointing back at them"

Forum List

Back