Letter to my boss....

Does it surprise anyone that the majority are Republicans? Sounds like the rich and entitled class likes being rich and entitled.

That's correct, because the Democrat politicians work year round, for less money, and leave the Congress or Senate poor.

Fair point. All Pigs eat from the same trough….

The difference is that the “swamp” and this mythical “deep state” creation of the pervert in the white house that you guys now are railing against is the same swamp/deep state you guys worked very hard to install. And you won’t admit it which speaks to the sheer cowardice of the OP and most of the cons here…

Me…I have no qualms about who I voted for in any federal election. I do have regrets locally which is a topic for another thread.

Oh, so I get it. Only Republicans are responsible for the swamp and the deep state (which refers to Obama loyalists) and not the Democrats. Gotcha.

Lets clear a few things up.

There is no swamp.
There is no “deep state”

It was made up by the pervert and his cronies in the administration because the more he can make you think the rest of the government is as sleazy as he is, the better he looks.
/----/ The swamp is slang for Washington DC that was allegedly built on a swamp.
2.) In the United States the term "deep state" is used within political science to describe influential decision-making bodies believed to be within government who are relatively permanent and whose policies and long-term plans are unaffected by changing administrations. The term is often used in a critical sense, vis-à-vis, the general electorate to refer to the lack of influence popular democracy has on these institutions and the decisions they make as a shadow government.[1][2] The term was originally coined in a somewhat pejorative sense to refer to similar relatively invisible state apparatus in Turkey and post-Soviet Russia.[3] With respect to the United States, the concept has been discussed in numerous published works by Marc Ambinder, David W. Brown, Peter Dale Scott, Mike Lofgren, Kevin Shipp and Michael Wolff. - wikipedia

And, given that you’re actually not talking about the landform of the place but the seat of the federal government, the “swamp” enjoys an 80%+ retention rate.

Again, Vote for whomever you like but have the balls to admit you did it; you built the swamp.

As for the “deep state”, it doesn’t exist…otherwise you’d see much more action than inaction which is the hallmark of the government as we know it; aka “gridlock”.

I will state that there is a conventional wisdom in Congress and the President. The conventional wisdom stems from when you were elected, you ran a campaign stating what you would do. Be honest…when was the last time you had a person run for office—vowing to do nothing? There likely has been some but they are few and far between.

Doing something takes money. So the deficit is expanded and it will not stop. If you want to call that the “deep state”, I suppose you can but what is fucking laughable is that Trump is increasing military spending to goofy levels, spending 25B on a wall that won’t do anything to stop illegal immigration (but has other uses—stopping WMDs from being driven across the border for one), nobody knows how much will be spent adjudicating the increase in immigration deportations you guys are so happy about, and doing it while cutting taxes which really expands the deficit. Basically, he’s the poster child for the “deep state” in that sense.

Does it surprise anyone that the majority are Republicans? Sounds like the rich and entitled class likes being rich and entitled.

That's correct, because the Democrat politicians work year round, for less money, and leave the Congress or Senate poor.

The difference is that the “swamp” and this mythical “deep state” creation of the pervert in the white house that you guys now are railing against is the same swamp/deep state you guys worked very hard to install. And you won’t admit it which speaks to the sheer cowardice of the OP and most of the cons here…

Me…I have no qualms about who I voted for in any federal election. I do have regrets locally which is a topic for another thread.

Oh, so I get it. Only Republicans are responsible for the swamp and the deep state (which refers to Obama loyalists) and not the Democrats. Gotcha.

There is no swamp.
There is no “deep state”

It was made up by the pervert and his cronies in the administration because the more he can make you think the rest of the government is as sleazy as he is, the better he looks.

Oh yes there is a swamp. How do you think Hillary got off so easily?
By not committing a crime.

When did an FBI director ever tell an AG how to do her job before? When did an AG have private discussions with a husband of a woman being investigated, and not recuse herself from the case? It was a cabal.
The DOJ and FBI are still fighting with Nunes about getting the information that would bring the FISA scandal to a rest. There is a reason for that.

Pfft…

Secretaries of State in the past used private e-mail accounts. It’s been reckless for a long time. The only reason HRC was called onto the carpet was because she ran for President.

Colin Powell defends personal email use

As for the wrangling between a Republican Whitehouse and a Republican Congress…blaming the “swamp” for this is, well, nuts.

Wanna bet this one is a blonde too?
1kk8d0_us-adult-film-star-stormy-daniels-in-2006-year-she-alleges-her-affair-donald-640x579.jpg

Who can blame Trump for tappin that?

Donald Trump; whoremonger.

Pretty much sums up why he’s so hated.

Wanna bet this one is a blonde too?
1kk8d0_us-adult-film-star-stormy-daniels-in-2006-year-she-alleges-her-affair-donald-640x579.jpg

I think I'd rather have a cold tall glass of Hamm's bear. And there really is no greater insult to Stormy that could be made. Especially by a drunk like me!

EDIT: I misspelled beer (bear), but the mascot for Hamm's is a Bear, so not far off really, and yes, I think I would rather have a romp with the Hamm's Bear than a romp with Stormy.

Now back to your regularly scheduled programing.
Hamm’s is still around? From the land of sky blue waters...

Letter to My Boss,

I have enjoyed working here these past several years. You have paid me very well, given me benefits beyond belief. I have 3-4 months off per year and a pension plan that will pay my salary till the day I die and a health plan that most people can only dream about.

Despite this I plan to take the next 12-18 months to find a new position.

During this time I will show up for work when it is convenient. In addition I fully expect to draw my full salary and all the other perks associated with my current job.

Oh yes, if my search for this new job proves fruitless, I will be back with no loss in pay or status. Before you say anything,

remember that you have no choice in the matter. I can and will do this.

Sincerely,

Every Senator or Congressman running for re-election

--------

Kind of funny, got it in an email
Congressional pension system does not pay full salary
Not even close.......One percent of salary for every year they serve

Congresses healthcare plan is Obamacare. The same plans available to every American

Last edited:
Are you kidding me? It's the worst piece of legislation in my lifetime! It epitomizes everything that is wrong with our system. It legitimizes the "pay to play" that everybody gets so excited about when individual politicians do it.

We should burn not only the legislation but the table and pens they used to sign it!

Are you kidding me? It's the worst piece of legislation in my lifetime! It epitomizes everything that is wrong with our system. It legitimizes the "pay to play" that everybody gets so excited about when individual politicians do it.

We should burn not only the legislation but the table and pens they used to sign it!

If you’re responding to the citizens united post….
Yeah, I screwed up on that post. Mea culpa.

egg all over my face….

I was intending the audience to be those who built the swamp first and now, supposedly, want to drain it while voting for the biggest swamp creature of all time.

There is no swamp.
There is no “deep state”

When did an FBI director ever tell an AG how to do her job before? When did an AG have private discussions with a husband of a woman being investigated, and not recuse herself from the case? It was a cabal.
The DOJ and FBI are still fighting with Nunes about getting the information that would bring the FISA scandal to a rest. There is a reason for that.

Pfft…

Secretaries of State in the past used private e-mail accounts. It’s been reckless for a long time. The only reason HRC was called onto the carpet was because she ran for President.

As for the wrangling between a Republican Whitehouse and a Republican Congress…blaming the “swamp” for this is, well, nuts.
They did not use private email to conduct official business, douchebag, and none of them every used their own private server.

egg all over my face….

I was intending the audience to be those who built the swamp first and now, supposedly, want to drain it while voting for the biggest swamp creature of all time.
The claim that Republicans built the swamp is too absurd for words. 90% of permanent federal employees are Democrats.

There is no swamp.
There is no “deep state”

Pfft…

They did not use private email to conduct official business, douchebag, and none of them every used their own private server.

Well, of course, I’m sure General Powell cc’d you in on every one of his e-mails….

Someday you’ll say something that isn’t flamingly stupid. Today isn’t that day. Tomorrow isn’t looking good either.

Citizens United does not give anyone the right to donate as much as they want to politicians. It gives people the right to publish what they want, which is nothing more than freedom of speech. If you want the government to limit the right of corporations to publish or broadcast, then the government can outlaw what the Sierra Club or MediaMatters publishes.

egg all over my face….

The claim that Republicans built the swamp is too absurd for words. 90% of permanent federal employees are Democrats.

So you’re little spleen is venting about postal workers and air traffic controllers? Perhaps you should put your binky back in your mouth and suck it.

There is no swamp.
There is no “deep state”

Pfft…

Well, of course, I’m sure General Powell cc’d you in on every one of his e-mails….

Someday you’ll say something that isn’t flamingly stupid. Today isn’t that day. Tomorrow isn’t looking good either.

Colin Powell relied on personal emails while secretary of state

“He was not aware of any restrictions nor does he recall being made aware of any over the four years he served at State,” the statement says. “He sent emails to his staff generally via their State Department email addresses. These emails should be on the State Department computers. He might have occasionally used personal email addresses, as he did when emailing to family and friends.”

In other words, he used private email for non official communications, and nothing more.

egg all over my face….

So you’re little spleen is venting about postal workers and air traffic controllers? Perhaps you should put your binky back in your mouth and suck it.

Ah . . . . . no, I' talking about people like EPA employees, OSHA, HHS, FDA, EPA, OSHA and the employees of all the other regulatory agencies. 90% of these people are Democrats. EPA employees are communists.

There is no swamp.
There is no “deep state”

Pfft…

“He was not aware of any restrictions nor does he recall being made aware of any over the four years he served at State,” the statement says. “He sent emails to his staff generally via their State Department email addresses. These emails should be on the State Department computers. He might have occasionally used personal email addresses, as he did when emailing to family and friends.”

In other words, he used private email for non official communications, and nothing more.

According to Powell, Powell did nothing wrong…over 4 years and God only knows how many e-mails. Good to see his memory is so crystal clear on the topic to remember the exact contents of every e-mail he sent; 8 years after the fact.

egg all over my face….

Ah . . . . . no, I' talking about people like EPA employees, OSHA, HHS, FDA, EPA, OSHA and the employees of all the other regulatory agencies. 90% of these people are Democrats. EPA employees are communists.

I’m sure they would be surprised to find out they are communists. Amazing that the percentage always remains at 90% too; as if they filled out a form or something disclosing their political leanings.

Letter to My Boss,

I have enjoyed working here these past several years. You have paid me very well, given me benefits beyond belief. I have 3-4 months off per year and a pension plan that will pay my salary till the day I die and a health plan that most people can only dream about.

Despite this I plan to take the next 12-18 months to find a new position.

During this time I will show up for work when it is convenient. In addition I fully expect to draw my full salary and all the other perks associated with my current job.

Oh yes, if my search for this new job proves fruitless, I will be back with no loss in pay or status. Before you say anything,

remember that you have no choice in the matter. I can and will do this.

Sincerely,

Every Senator or Congressman running for re-election

--------

Kind of funny, got it in an email
Congressional pension system does not pay full salary
Not even close.......One percent of salary for every year they serve

Congresses healthcare plan is Obamacare. The same plans available to every American

Yeah, one percent for every year they serve. The problem is they all stay there for a hundred years like McCain.

And how do they all retire millionaires?

The members of Congress and their staffs choose from among 57 gold plans from four insurers sold on the DC Health Link's small business marketplace this year.

Adam Hudson, a spokesperson for the exchange. The government pays about three-quarters of the cost of the premium, and workers pay the rest.

What Happens To A Congressman's Health Insurance If Obamacare Goes Down?

Gee, that isn't what they offered me.

Pfft…

According to Powell, Powell did nothing wrong…over 4 years and God only knows how many e-mails. Good to see his memory is so crystal clear on the topic to remember the exact contents of every e-mail he sent; 8 years after the fact.
In other words, you don't have a shred of proof that he sent official business via private emails.

Forum List

Back