CDZ Let's run a little experiment. Topic: Paying for College

I did ask a valid question. Your attitude and demeanor indicates that you are uneducated,

College or grade school, the students are still the same. They struggle with on-line learning.

What would you know about leadership, especially in an education environment?

These military security courses are too easy and no one retains the information.

I have to wonder what grade in middle school they hurled you through the front doors for being 16 years old in middle school. Which was it?
Oh! That is not an insult and you say my attitude and demeanor indicates that I am uneducated? I will waste no more time with you. I will ignore you the old fashion way.

... schools were closed with no prior planning and Teachers had to "teach" their students online. Hardly a fair trial of online education.

Remote learning went on more than long enough to see that it is NOT suitable for k-12 students. It was a disaster, and many students all across the country were harmed by it.

Oh! That is not an insult and you say my attitude and demeanor indicates that I am uneducated? I will waste no more time with you. I will ignore you the old fashion way.

I guess the truth hurts, but it is not an insult Now, if I said you were ugly and your mother dresses you funny, that would be an insult. Being uneducated is probably not your fault.

Business degree makes sense---DAD was right--- and you are just a mooch trying to justify everyone else paying for worthless college degress.

How do you figure that a degree in the physical sciences (eg geology, chemistry, physics) is a "worthless" degree? That's absurd.

Thank you! It is so refreshing to actually have someone provide backup for their assertions. Bravo!

We certainly can. With the small exception of the fact that I'm more burdened than you (since my taxes paid for YOUR kids schooling while I had no kids). We both agree on the need for better votech options for Americans and a decreased reliance on simply getting a college degree for jobs that don't require it.
You and I both paid and currently pay taxes to fund education, the difference being I had children that attended college, which my wife and I paid for, who now have children of their own and yes pay federal, state, and property taxes to fund education. We continue to pay our taxes for education and we are retired. We originally commenced this dialogue discussing college education loan forgiveness which, as a tax payer, we are against.

My wife and I have no children and as such we have NEVER had children in the public school systems we've lived in. however we HAVE paid our property taxes each year which support those school systems.

That seems manifestly unfair to us who have chosen to have no children. We still pay for the children of other families who enjoy a public education we pay for in part.

But the key is: we VALUE an educated population. The need to pay taxes for a school system we will NEVER have any association with is still a benefit to us.

Think of it that way rather than "where's my check"?
I also have no childern in the school system, and I am happy to pay my part in there education. Educated children are much more likely to become a benifit to the country, As apposed to joining a gang or other means to feed & shelter them selfs.

You and I both paid and currently pay taxes to fund education, the difference being I had children that attended college, which my wife and I paid for, who now have children of their own and yes pay federal, state, and property taxes to fund education. We continue to pay our taxes for education and we are retired. We originally commenced this dialogue discussing college education loan forgiveness which, as a tax payer, we are against.

Why are you against it? I'm not against paying MY taxes to educate YOUR kids in K-12. So why are you against helping offset the costs for OTHERS? Is it because I'm less than you are and YOU aren't on the hook to pay for OTHER PEOPLE'S KIDS' EDUCATION?

Why are you against it? I'm not against paying MY taxes to educate YOUR kids in K-12. So why are you against helping offset the costs for OTHERS? Is it because I'm less than you are and YOU aren't on the hook to pay for OTHER PEOPLE'S KIDS' EDUCATION?
Your so far off topic it’s no use continuing this discussion further. Let me close with K-12 and vocational alternatives are one thing, college is entirely another. When you purchased your home, car….signed over the title, deed, or mortgage, is it right then to expect the government to step in and forgive your indebtedness with tax payers money? What about accountability and assuming responsibility for your actions.
Have a good day.

Forum List

Back