AZ college students may get relief from liberal professors

lennypartiv

Diamond Member
Jul 16, 2019
Soon there may be an appeals process for them. This has been a long time coming. They should be able to challenge liberal professors who give them the wrong grade.

---The Arizona State Legislature is considering a bill that would set up an outside process for college students to appeal their grades if they believe they were affected by political bias against them on the part of an instructor.---

Its a real shame that this kind of thing is needed. I would really hope that a student's grade in Taylor Swift Studies, or Proctology would be based upon their knowledge of the course work, and not their adherence to ultraliberal politics.

Its a real shame that this kind of thing is needed. I would really hope that a student's grade in Taylor Swift Studies, or Proctology would be based upon their knowledge of the course work, and not their adherence to ultraliberal politics.
With liberal college professors embracing DEI and CRT, I see this as necessary.

Now this is what I call Progressive. Too many professors in the liberal arts while the matter is subjective interpretation, the grading should be objective in alignment with standards such as Comprehension, Communication, and Critical Analysis. When I was in college 40 years ago, I found the weak professors were ones who were all too content to give high grades based on regurgitation or otherwise agreement with the instructor’s views. The strong professors were the ones who held strong subjective views BUT graded on the student’s ability to frame a position, defend it, and use critical analytical reasoning…,, even if they didn’t agree with the student.

Now this is what I call Progressive. Too many professors in the liberal arts while the matter is subjective interpretation, the grading should be objective in alignment with standards such as Comprehension, Communication, and Critical Analysis. When I was in college 40 years ago, I found the weak professors were ones who were all too content to give high grades based on regurgitation or otherwise agreement with the instructor’s views. The strong professors were the ones who held strong subjective views BUT graded on the student’s ability to frame a position, defend it, and use critical analytical reasoning…,, even if they didn’t agree with the student.
Exactly. It's a shame this law is necessary.

Forum List

Back