Lesbian Says Priest denied me Communion at mom's funeral because I'm gay

The scriptures tell us not to partake of the flesh and blood of Christ unworthily. How can the priest give communion to someone who blatantly violates the commandments and not be held accountable?

which commandment covers homosexuality?

Typically they have a crazy way of putting it under the adultery category.

Remarried couples, which Jesus specifically stated was adultery, I doubt you'll ever hear about them being denied communion.

Actually, they are. If one is divorced and remarried, then it's an issue with receiving communion.

what does her weight have to do with this issue?

Nothing. Warrior is being an ass.
The Priest acted badly. The Archdiocese apologized and has taken steps to ensure that no one is treated so badly again. Good for the Church.
I agree.

Isn't one supposed to be in a state of Grace in order to receive Communion.

In my church I have only received Communion once because we are taught to not take it lightly, and to be sure that we are prepared to receive It in the Spirit it is given.

I'm not saying that the girl was or wasn't prepared.
Only that the priest must have thought she wasn't.

Nothing. Warrior is being an ass.
The Priest acted badly. The Archdiocese apologized and has taken steps to ensure that no one is treated so badly again. Good for the Church.
I agree.

Isn't one supposed to be in a state of Grace in order to receive Communion.

In my church I have only received Communion once because we are taught to not take it lightly, and to be sure that we are prepared to receive It in the Spirit it is given.

I'm not saying that the girl was or wasn't prepared.
Only that the priest must have thought she wasn't.

How can one continue to dwell in sin and be prepared? One of the First principles of the Gospel, regardless of what denomination, is repentence. Repentence is more than just confessing sin, it's completely turning away from it. You may slip up. But you are working hard to eliminate it from your life and trusting in God's grace to get you through it.

You can't confess your sin while pretending sinning is perfectly alright. Nor can you repent completely if you arent trying to turn away from it.

If she wants to recieve communion, then she needs to follow the rules that govern it. Why on earth should she be upset that the priest wouldnt let her be a hypocrite?

For once a catholic does some thing right and now they want to punish him.
lol

I don't hate gays, I don't hate sinners.
but I hate sin and if your a sinner who has not found God you have no right to take communion if your not committed to changing.

Though to begin with I don't believe in the Trinity or silly rituals.

which commandment covers homosexuality?

Typically they have a crazy way of putting it under the adultery category.

Remarried couples, which Jesus specifically stated was adultery, I doubt you'll ever hear about them being denied communion.

Actually, they are. If one is divorced and remarried, then it's an issue with receiving communion.

Not anything I've ever seen. My mom re-married in a catholic church and was never denied communion.

Sorry bout that,

1. I see PC has even entered into the church itself.
2. The Priest did what he thought is church doctrine.
3. Its amazing he is being called out on what is in the Bible.
4. PC Doctrine isn't my cup of tea.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Forum List

Back