Lesbian Says Priest denied me Communion at mom's funeral because I'm gay

From the article

Barbara Johnson told the Post after she complained to the Washington archdiocese she received a letter from a high-ranking official apologizing for the lack of "kindness."

"I am sorry that what should have been a celebration of your mother's life, in light of her faith in Jesus Christ, was overshadowed by a lack of pastoral sensitivity," Rev. Barry Knestout wrote, according to the Post. "I hope that healing and reconciliation with the Church might be possible for you and any others who were affected by this experience. In the meantime, I will offer Mass for the happy repose of your mother's soul. May God bring you and your family comfort in your grief and hope in the Resurrection."

The archdiocese said in a statement to the Post that the priest's actions were "against" church policy. The newspaper also pointed out when the issue was raised in the 2004 presidential election, the archbishop of Washington said he did not believe in denying communion because it was impossible to know what was in a person's heart.

Johnson said her only comfort will be is a church official will assure her that Guarnizo is never allowed to do that again.

The Priest acted badly. The Archdiocese apologized and has taken steps to ensure that no one is treated so badly again. Good for the Church.

And..... Warrior.... please stop disrespecting the Catholic Church with your asinine posts. TIA

Good for the priest. The fat little girl needs to go to confession, lead a moral life, and stop sneaking into the communion line.

Bodecea I am sure, is shaking her dildo in anger ! She'll be along shortly to tell us hos "Hawt" and fat she is...

Lesbian woman Barbara Johnson denied communion at her mother

Why do you have an obsession with fat girls? Did a lot turn you down?

And isn't God suppose to be the one judging? How Christian of you.

From the article

Barbara Johnson told the Post after she complained to the Washington archdiocese she received a letter from a high-ranking official apologizing for the lack of "kindness."

"I am sorry that what should have been a celebration of your mother's life, in light of her faith in Jesus Christ, was overshadowed by a lack of pastoral sensitivity," Rev. Barry Knestout wrote, according to the Post. "I hope that healing and reconciliation with the Church might be possible for you and any others who were affected by this experience. In the meantime, I will offer Mass for the happy repose of your mother's soul. May God bring you and your family comfort in your grief and hope in the Resurrection."

The archdiocese said in a statement to the Post that the priest's actions were "against" church policy. The newspaper also pointed out when the issue was raised in the 2004 presidential election, the archbishop of Washington said he did not believe in denying communion because it was impossible to know what was in a person's heart.

Johnson said her only comfort will be is a church official will assure her that Guarnizo is never allowed to do that again.

The Priest acted badly. The Archdiocese apologized and has taken steps to ensure that no one is treated so badly again. Good for the Church.

And..... Warrior.... please stop disrespecting the Catholic Church with your asinine posts. TIA
Wow! Change your tune much? Is it because I am not calling him out?
I always knew you were a grown up.

• Thanks
Reactions: del
Good for the priest. The fat little girl needs to go to confession, lead a moral life, and stop sneaking into the communion line.

Bodecea I am sure, is shaking her dildo in anger ! She'll be along shortly to tell us hos "Hawt" and fat she is...

Fat boys are more his style.

“Judge not, that you be not judged. For with the judgment you pronounce you will be judged, and with the measure you use it will be measured to you. Why do you see the speck that is in your brother's eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye? Or how can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when there is the log in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother's eye.
Mathew 7:1-5

Judge not, and you will not be judged; condemn not, and you will not be condemned; forgive, and you will be forgiven;
Luke 6:37

This woman probably leads a more moral life than you do Warrior. Being a judgmental prick doesn't make you a good Christian.

Fat boys are more his style.

Probably, the people who have the most problem with homosexuals are usually gay themselves....They have to compensate. And Warrior seems to compensate for something quite a bit.

From the article

haven't 'changed' any 'tune'. And it had jack shit to do with you.

From the article

Sure it didn't. :lol:

If it had been a right winger calling him out you would have been all over him. Are you bi polar? Because you were cool last week, but this week you are back to being a bitch? I know I wasn't around much, so I don't think I did anything??? I am figuring there is some new drama I don't know about, or you are bi polar.

Meh, I'm not unhappy the priest did that. I didn't know receiving communion was a right.

Of course, some of you know I have a bit of bias at the moment about all this, especially in the DC Metro area. ;)

Another good reason to leave the Catholic Church. Let them keep their sacrament discrimination.

Last edited:
Meh, I'm not unhappy the priest did that. I didn't know receiving communion was a right.

Of course, some of you know I have a bit of bias at the moment about all this, especially in the DC Metro area. ;)

It's not a 'right' but the Priest was wrong to refuse.... particularly at such an emotional time.

Sure it didn't. :lol:

If it had been a right winger calling him out you would have been all over him. Are you bi polar? Because you were cool last week, but this week you are back to being a bitch? I know I wasn't around much, so I don't think I did anything??? I am figuring there is some new drama I don't know about, or you are bi polar.

Thanks for ruining a thread by being annoying.

Mike

I don't know how I feel about this. Maybe like the Catholics should handle their own? Not Catholic and I consider them a borderline cult but I don't know that the Priest did anything wrong in this case. Does God call on him to let them woman take communion just because she was suffering a personal tragedy? If not, then is he supposed to give communion?

Mike

New Topics

Forum List

Back