Lesbian Says Priest denied me Communion at mom's funeral because I'm gay

which commandment covers homosexuality?

Typically they have a crazy way of putting it under the adultery category.

Remarried couples, who Jesus specifically stated was adultery, I doubt you'll ever hear about them being denied communion.
What? You think the Church doesn't have that covered? Make a nice little (not so little) donation to the Church, apply for an annulment and perhaps appeal to a tribunal, and voila! You were never married, according to them.

Amazing shit, I tell ya.

I do remember reading that, how donations trump the 10 commandments..........

It's just blatant hypocrisy at its finest. My mom divorced my dad, got remarried in a catholic church no problema. My great aunt is even a nun so nobody was in the dark about the situation. The anti-gay thing will be gone from the catholic religion eventually, might take 20, 30 or 50 years, but it'll happen.

The priest's boorish behavior doesn't surprise me in the least. Our family left the Catholic Church 3 generations ago because of that "holier than thou" crap. When my great grandfather gave his spare time to his local Catholic Church as janitor, when he died, the Priest disrespected him and our family by disallowing a requested funeral at the high altar because he was "just a janitor".

Good for the priest. The fat little girl needs to go to confession, lead a moral life, and stop sneaking into the communion line.

Bodecea I am sure, is shaking her dildo in anger ! She'll be along shortly to tell us hos "Hawt" and fat she is...

Lesbian woman Barbara Johnson denied communion at her mother

As a liberal lefty, I say the priest has the right. That girl should never walk into a catholic church ever again. Fuck them. She's better off. Screw them and their superstitions. They are all going to hell anyways. Pedophiles. Pope covered it up??? You know they have also raped their nuns? Nuns don't talk like alter boys talk.

I love it how Christianity is pushing so many people away! Apparently their not worried about recruting anymore. I can't wait for them to admit that they believe the rest of us are going to hell. Put that on a bumper sticker and try to get me to vote for you. :lol:

The priest's boorish behavior doesn't surprise me in the least. Our family left the Catholic Church 3 generations ago because of that "holier than thou" crap. When my great grandfather gave his spare time to his local Catholic Church as janitor, when he died, the Priest disrespected him and our family by disallowing a requested funeral at the high altar because he was "just a janitor".

I can't believe anyone is still buying the fairytale.

P.S. Mormon's think that Catholics and anyone else who is not Mormon is not following a religion that is authorized by God. When Jesus' apostles died, they never passed on the authority. It died with them.

But when God visited Joseph Smith in 1400, he did give Joseph and his apostles the authority and it has been passed down generation to generation.

This did not happen with Christianity in Europe. We all know the Popes throughout history were all evil and corrupt. Mormons believe that these Dark Ages were the time when Christianity was lost. In other words, Catholicism is a cult. Worshiping a false God.

And in a way that sounds right to me. I don't know if I buy the 1400 Joseph Smith story, but the story about Christianity from the day he was crucified to the present day being corrupt, I do buy that.

Just so that everyone is Perfectly Clear... Because there was in Fact some Confusion about it yesterday...

This Thread is NOT about Bodecea and this:

gty_Barbara_Johnson_nt_120229_wmain.jpg

...is NOT Bodecea.

:)

peace...

P.S. Mormon's think that Catholics and anyone else who is not Mormon is not following a religion that is authorized by God. When Jesus' apostles died, they never passed on the authority. It died with them.

But when God visited Joseph Smith in 1400, he did give Joseph and his apostles the authority and it has been passed down generation to generation.

This did not happen with Christianity in Europe. We all know the Popes throughout history were all evil and corrupt. Mormons believe that these Dark Ages were the time when Christianity was lost. In other words, Catholicism is a cult. Worshiping a false God.

And in a way that sounds right to me. I don't know if I buy the 1400 Joseph Smith story, but the story about Christianity from the day he was crucified to the present day being corrupt, I do buy that.

Do you ever at least TRY to educate yourself on the subject before you start babbling about it?

This guy is TruthMatters but with a spell check.

See, there is this way cool thing called the First Amendment in the USA. So, that means the USA doesn't tell you what you have to believe.

You can go to any church/synagogue/temple/mosque/whatever you want and nobody will care or bother you (legally). Or not go!

How fucking awesome is that, asswipe?

Last edited:
Good for the priest. The fat little girl needs to go to confession, lead a moral life, and stop sneaking into the communion line.

Bodecea I am sure, is shaking her dildo in anger ! She'll be along shortly to tell us hos "Hawt" and fat she is...

Wow, I read the article and can't believe some of what I read. That is not the Church's policy? How is a priest, in good conscience, going to give communion to someone he knows is in sin? It's not because she's gay, it's because she's involved in an intimate romantic relationship with a person of the same gender. Someone who is gay, but not in a relationship can receive communion.
If a heterosexual was having intimate relations while unmarried, they would also be unable to take communion.
Obviously the priest can't know what's in the woman's heart, but if he knows she is living with and involved with another woman, then he knows she is living in sin, plain and simple.

Meh, I'm not unhappy the priest did that. I didn't know receiving communion was a right.

Of course, some of you know I have a bit of bias at the moment about all this, especially in the DC Metro area. ;)

It's not a 'right' but the Priest was wrong to refuse.... particularly at such an emotional time.

So, the priest is going to knowingly give the body of Christ to someone he knows is in sin? Do you even realize how wrong that is? The truth is that, that woman, having been raised Catholic, should have known she could not receive communion and should not have gone to receive it to begin with. That may seem insensitive, but it's the truth.
I was in a situation where for years I could not receive communion, and I knew it, so I never tried to. That would have been wrong.

Meh, I'm not unhappy the priest did that. I didn't know receiving communion was a right.

Of course, some of you know I have a bit of bias at the moment about all this, especially in the DC Metro area. ;)

It's not a 'right' but the Priest was wrong to refuse.... particularly at such an emotional time.

So, the priest is going to knowingly give the body of Christ to someone he knows is in sin? Do you even realize how wrong that is? The truth is that, that woman, having been raised Catholic, should have known she could not receive communion and should not have gone to receive it to begin with. That may seem insensitive, but it's the truth.
I was in a situation where for years I could not receive communion, and I knew it, so I never tried to. That would have been wrong.
Yup.

And, this lesbian was raised Catholic, so she knows this, too. Hmmmmm.

Yup.

Yup.

And the Archdiocese is wrong? There was an apology.

I went to a catholic school for 3 years, church for 16 years, sunday school for 10 years, the whole issue about whether to be straight or gay was never talked about.

I think some catholic churches care more than others, the church i went to had a more loving than dividing message that you're peddling.

I went to a catholic school for 3 years, church for 16 years, sunday school for 10 years, the whole issue about whether to be straight or gay was never talked about.

I think some catholic churches care more than others, the church i went to had a more loving than dividing message that you're peddling.

Yup.

Yup.

And the Archdiocese is wrong? There was an apology.
:wtf: Does that post say the Archdiocese is wrong?

*looks again*

Nope.

My post DOES say that the lesbian knew SHE was wrong.

(And, you went to Harvard, huh? :lol:)

ETA to clarify: If a person is not in a state of grace (not currently in sin, for example) and they sure know it, then Holy Communion means two things: jack and shit.

This lesbian, unless she is clueless about being Catholic (she isn't because she was raised that way); and, unless she just woke up that morning and realized, "Holy shit! I'm a lesbian and I'm living with another lesbian in a loving relationship and have been doing so for 19 years"; she knows that there is no point in getting Holy Communion - it will do nothing (if one believes that stuff).

The Archdiocese of DC, on the other hand, has a policy of giving communion anyway for the reason that the clergy cannot know, for sure, what is in another's heart with respect to grace and sin.

It's a sort of trust going on. The clergy trusts that folks seeking reception of communion will do so in grace.

Thus, the lesbian was seeking the communion for reasons other than what it is intended for. She is not in a state of grace and 19 years says that she has no desire for penance or repenting, and that she will continue the lack of grace.

Her motive is beyond suspicious. And, considering what the WaPo reports on, this is peanuts, certainly around these parts.

Last edited:

It's not about being straight or gay, it's about choosing to live in a way which goes against God's natural law, which would be a sin. Some Catholic churches, unfortunately, do things that Rome does not know about and probably would not sanction.
Personally I'm not peddling anything, and nothing I have said is divisive. The fact is that, God's law is God's law, and if you are currently in sin, you can not take communion. Because Catholics believe in the real presence in communion a person who is not Catholic, or currently in a state of sin can not receive it plain and simple. Why do you think Mary was the Immaculate Conception? Because she could not have the "stain of sin" upon her if she was going to bear the son of God. So, when we are going to take communion we need to be sure that we are in a state of grace.
I'm sorry that your Catholic religion was lacking. That doesn't mean that what I'm saying is not true.
People need to understand first and foremost that taking communion is not symbolic for Catholics as it is for other Christian religions. That may take them one step closer to understanding why it's so important.

Why are you using a non-existant "communion rail" ?
Where is this church that this is still occurring?
People don't kneel any longer along a rail when receiving communion.

Get to Mass and learn something.

Actually a couple of years ago I went to a Catholic church near my brother's house. They still have the communion rail and though the mass was not said in Latin, the priest had his back to us the whole time. Some Churches (older ones obviously) still have the communion rail.

confession. perhaps you've heard of it?

confession. perhaps you've heard of it?
Of course I've heard of confession, however when you confess it's because you truly repent and you are going to do your best never to commit that sin again. How can you say that's what you've done when you are living with and currently involved in a relationship with someone of the same gender? In other words, you are continuing the sin?

Forum List

Back