Legalizing Drugs Eliminates The Black Market

People are responsible for what the do and become. Maybe if cocaine was reasonably priced she wouldn't have had to become a whore. But for the record, freebase should come with several warnings.

Druggies are constantly adversely affecting the lives and liberty of others. They're not fit for society. And should be placed somewhere where they cannot adversely affect the lives of decent people.

Cannibal island for example.

Not. I always hear lefties say we need to legalize drugs to eliminate the black market. But, apparently, they are wrong about that. Who would have ever guessed?

Last i checked, MOST Republicans support legalization of cannabis. Why do you have to taint every topic with this partisan stupidity?

And yet, they are legal.
Look, you and I both know nothing is black and white. Nothing is 100%. Nobody claimed it was gonna be a magic bullet, that's a republican talking point.

It has substantially reduced the black market in such things and will continue to as the market matures and grows. It will never completely eliminate it.

Look, you and I both know nothing is black and white. Nothing is 100%.

I like it when you start off saying stuff I can and do agree with. So far, I agree.
Nobody claimed it was gonna be a magic bullet, that's a republican talking point.
Say what? Some shit is legal and yet still can be black marketed. Is that a tough concept?
It has substantially reduced the black market in such things and will continue to as the market matures and grows. It will never completely eliminate it.
Legalizing some drugs does weaken a black market in that drug. Simple logic. But once you put a tax stamp on it, the black market comes back in.

Legal fentanyl is not deadly.

It's called a heart tin man.

People are responsible for what the do and become. Maybe if cocaine was reasonably priced she wouldn't have had to become a whore. But for the record, freebase should come with several warnings.
Actually, MANY people were able to function perfectly well while addicted to opiates...as long as they could get their drugs. (Indeed: morphine addiction was VERY common after WW1.) Since you could get morphine easily...many had no trouble. Indeed: a lifelong addict only revolutionized medicine.

The biggest problem with legalizing pot is that it has become a market for laundering money for illicit trades.

It's similar to what happened after the repeal of Prohibition. When something has been illegal for a while but becomes legal, the first people with an edge on producing it are those who sold it illegally before. So, when the market is legalized, it becomes a convenient way to launder money for trades that aren't yet legal, like human trafficking and harder substances.

Even decriminalization of drugs has had mixed results for Portugal, with addiction rates that are higher than they were before that policy.

Personally, I support decriminalization of drugs, but legalization doesn't seem to be a good idea in most cases.

Druggies are constantly adversely affecting the lives and liberty of others. They're not fit for society. And should be placed somewhere where they cannot adversely affect the lives of decent people.

Cannibal island for example.

I guess you have been annoyed by drunks.

The biggest problem with legalizing pot is that it has become a market for laundering money for illicit trades.

It's similar to what happened after the repeal of Prohibition. When something has been illegal for a while but becomes legal, the first people with an edge on producing it are those who sold it illegally before. So, when the market is legalized, it becomes a convenient way to launder money for trades that aren't yet legal, like human trafficking and harder substances.

Even decriminalization of drugs has had mixed results for Portugal, with addiction rates that are higher than they were before that policy.

Personally, I support decriminalization of drugs, but legalization doesn't seem to be a good idea in most cases.

Yeah, considering the tight restraints on the money from plant to sale you will need more info to convince us than taking yer word for it.

Not. I always hear lefties say we need to legalize drugs to eliminate the black market. But, apparently, they are wrong about that. Who would have ever guessed?

You absolutists crack me up. It doesn’t eliminate anything but it dramatically defunds it

Budweiser personally launders my money when it gets dirty...

Yeah, considering the tight restraints on the money from plant to sale you will need more info to convince us than taking yer word for it.
That's what the video was for. And Oklahoma isn't exactly tight in that regard. It is true that a lot of banks have steered clear from getting involved in pot, but in a way, that makes it easier to launder money. If all of the transactions are cash-only, then obfuscating sources of revenue becomes less suspect.

That's what the video was for. And Oklahoma isn't exactly tight in that regard. It is true that a lot of banks have steered clear from getting involved in pot, but in a way, that makes it easier to launder money. If all of the transactions are cash-only, then obfuscating sources of revenue becomes less suspect.
Okiehoma is run by Republicans there is a reason why they are screwed up.

Okiehoma is run by Republicans there is a reason why they are screwed up.
Oklahoma is the worst of the situation because of how cheaply you can acquire land for the industry. It's less about the specifics of their policy and more about the fact that doing business in the state is cheaper than most other states.

Oklahoma is the worst of the situation because of how cheaply you can acquire land for the industry. It's less about the specifics of their policy and more about the fact that doing business in the state is cheaper than most other states.
Weed is super cheap there on the streets.

Pot is so much stronger now than it was 50 years ago. Before I quit for health reasons, I got more stoned on one joint than I would get on a whole bag when I first started smoking it.
I don't advocate legalization, but I do advocate dealing with it openly and honestly rather than through undercover liars and manipulators. They have given law enforcement a bad name. There was a time in living memory when people actually trusted the police.

Forum List

Back